Sm Weekly U.s. Auditions?

Guest xkylieluvsyoux

Guest WendiiE

aw mann lolwhy cant it be near sf or oakland

I was thinking of the same thing when I first heard it. I drove down there for the audition after Christmas. lol. I spent New Years down in LA.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chunara

WendiiE: hi, i noticed that you went to be the weekly auditions. i have a question: for the dance part, was it MANDATORY for you to dance? or did they tell you it was optional? and also, about the songs, did you sing your whole song? or did u just take parts of it? sorry for asking too many questions ><

Guest WendiiE

WendiiE: hi, i noticed that you went to be the weekly auditions. i have a question: for the dance part, was it MANDATORY for you to dance? or did they tell you it was optional? and also, about the songs, did you sing your whole song? or did u just take parts of it? sorry for asking too many questions ><

It's not mandatory that you dance. They told me that I can clap to the beat if I couldn't dance, but I think it's better if you do. For songs, you only sing the chorus part.

Guest Mentos

Ok...so I went to the auditions today. When I got there, I was the only one there. So I went into this room and they asked me to introduce myself in english, mandarin and cantonese. Afterwards, they asked some questions like how I know mandarin and cantonese, where I'm from, etc. Then, they asked me to sing. So I sang my first song, and then they asked me to sing another one, so I did. After singing two songs, they asked me to sing another one. They wanted me to sing an english song, but I didn't have one prepare..I ended up singing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, but I didn't know all the lyrics so they just said sing whatever I know. I had to sing it twice because they wanted to hear it again. Afterwards, they took pictures, they did a front and then they made me pull my hair back with my hands. I dunno how many photos they snapped, and they asked me to move to the side and took more photos. Afterwards they asked me to dance. Afterwards they said that they will send it to Korea and I would get a call within a month if they are interested. So my question is that do they say that to everyone who audition? Anyone who went before had that said to them??? Also, do they ask everyone who goes there sing more than one song??

Sounds like they were interested.

I heard that usually, they don't go through that much trouble if they're not interested (why would they? They're busy people).

If judges aren't interested, they will either cut your off in the middle of your singing or after you're done, they definitely won't ask you to sing another song... or two.

I think it also has to do with the fact that you're Chinese (or can speak the language). SM really wants to break out in China (obviously).

Maybe you can be a tool for them ^^!

Guest sugarsweet09

ooo WendiiE (or anyone else who might a get a reply soon), let us know when they get back to you! i want to know how long it really takes for them to make their decision (even though they usually say they'll contact u within a month) ^_^

&& moosecakex, i totally agree that they should come to NY. and not through global, but like an actual set up w/ weekly auditions like LA ^^

Guest mickey.mouse

Ok...so I went to the auditions today. When I got there, I was the only one there. So I went into this room and they asked me to introduce myself in english, mandarin and cantonese. Afterwards, they asked some questions like how I know mandarin and cantonese, where I'm from, etc. Then, they asked me to sing. So I sang my first song, and then they asked me to sing another one, so I did. After singing two songs, they asked me to sing another one. They wanted me to sing an english song, but I didn't have one prepare..I ended up singing I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston, but I didn't know all the lyrics so they just said sing whatever I know. I had to sing it twice because they wanted to hear it again. Afterwards, they took pictures, they did a front and then they made me pull my hair back with my hands. I dunno how many photos they snapped, and they asked me to move to the side and took more photos. Afterwards they asked me to dance. Afterwards they said that they will send it to Korea and I would get a call within a month if they are interested. So my question is that do they say that to everyone who audition? Anyone who went before had that said to them??? Also, do they ask everyone who goes there sing more than one song??

WendiiE!! What is up my friend!

I live in Toronto and went to the audition and got a callback to meet with them and basically they did the same thing. Although, they asked me to sing selective songs that they thought was a good optive for my vocal range. Then they made me pose to some music and they took pictures and then they made me freestyle to a song. But did you get anything back at the end? You should have gotton something..

I got a bunch of c.ds and their contact card of the agency.

If you mind me asking, do you remember their names? Anyone by the name June?

Guest chunara

Wendii: thanks for answering my questions!! i have another one :D approximately how long did it take you to finish your audition?

Guest WendiiE

Wendii: thanks for answering my questions!! i have another one :D approximately how long did it take you to finish your audition?

I was in there for 30 minutes.

WendiiE!! What is up my friend!

I live in Toronto and went to the audition and got a callback to meet with them and basically they did the same thing. Although, they asked me to sing selective songs that they thought was a good optive for my vocal range. Then they made me pose to some music and they took pictures and then they made me freestyle to a song. But did you get anything back at the end? You should have gotton something..

I got a bunch of c.ds and their contact card of the agency.

If you mind me asking, do you remember their names? Anyone by the name June?

I don't remember their names.. >.< Did you go to the global one or the one in LA??? I haven't gotten a call yet, it's been one week, so I don't know. They said that they will send it to Korea, but then again, I don't know if they will actually send the tape to Korea. Yea, they said they will contact me if the people in Korea who review it are interested in me.

Guest chunara

I was in there for 30 minutes.

wow 30 minutes is so long compared to the global auditions haha xD

when they asked you to introduce yourself in chinese: did you say the name, age, AND grade in both canto and mando?

also, may i ask how old you are? hope you don't mind. [:

Guest WendiiE

wow 30 minutes is so long compared to the global auditions haha xD

when they asked you to introduce yourself in chinese: did you say the name, age, AND grade in both canto and mando?

also, may i ask how old you are? hope you don't mind. [:

Yes, when I introduce myself in chinese, I said all those things. They asked me how did I learned mandarin and cantonese since I was born and raise in the US and not many people can speak their native language fluently. My age..haha...I just turn 20 but I've been told that I look much younger than my age. The one thing I'm worry about it actually my age. Since you know how SM like to train people who are much younger and my age seem too old for them (I think). But I'm still hoping they will just notice my talent and not my age.

Guest mickey.mouse

I don't remember their names.. >.< Did you go to the global one or the one in LA??? I haven't gotten a call yet, it's been one week, so I don't know. They said that they will send it to Korea, but then again, I don't know if they will actually send the tape to Korea. Yea, they said they will contact me if the people in Korea who review it are interested in me.

Guest WendiiE

It's ok, I went to the global audition. I'm from Toronto and the calbacks last 3 1/2 hours for just me and my friend.

I havn't gotton a call and I dont want to call them, it sounds un professional probably. But again, the call backs were in the begining of Nov.. So i havn't heard from them yet =P

...do you think I should call them? They would prob be like "who the hell is this??"

I wouldn't know to call them or not either. I probably wouldn't, lol. I wouldn't want them to be like "Who's this?", I would say just wait.

Guest chunara

Yes, when I introduce myself in chinese, I said all those things. They asked me how did I learned mandarin and cantonese since I was born and raise in the US and not many people can speak their native language fluently. My age..haha...I just turn 20 but I've been told that I look much younger than my age. The one thing I'm worry about it actually my age. Since you know how SM like to train people who are much younger and my age seem too old for them (I think). But I'm still hoping they will just notice my talent and not my age.

wow they seem to ask you a lot of questions. do you remember any that they ask you? haha i'm interested xD

20 is pretty old .. but i'm sure if you're really talented, they would consider ^^ i wish you best of luck!

Guest WendiiE

wow they seem to ask you a lot of questions. do you remember any that they ask you? haha i'm interested xD

20 is pretty old .. but i'm sure if you're really talented, they would consider ^^ i wish you best of luck!

They asked me:

Where I'm from

Did I went to the global audition and how I heard about the weekly audition

How did I learn how to speak mandarin and cantonese fluently

That's all I remember. lol.

Guest chunara

They asked me:

Where I'm from

Did I went to the global audition and how I heard about the weekly audition

How did I learn how to speak mandarin and cantonese fluently

That's all I remember. lol.

haha thanks xD

did you have to fill out an application [name, age, weight, height, etc] like they did it in global auditions?

Guest WendiiE

haha thanks xD

did you have to fill out an application [name, age, weight, height, etc] like they did it in global auditions?

Yes, you have to fill out the application just like the global audition. When do you plan on going? I wish you luck when you do. =D

Guest chunara

Yes, you have to fill out the application just like the global audition. When do you plan on going? I wish you luck when you do. =D

I'm probably going tomorrow :]

For the rhythm test, what song did they play?

Guest WendiiE

I'm probably going tomorrow :]

For the rhythm test, what song did they play?

Good luck. They played Disturbia...which I find was hard to dance too. I wish they played a better song.

Guest mickey.mouse

Good luck. They played Disturbia...which I find was hard to dance too. I wish they played a better song.

THEY PLAYED THAT SONG FOR MY CALLBACK!!!

They have to be the same people.. or they just might not have that many song selections...

I wish they played a better one, Disturbia is such a jazz song. They need to play some Hip Hop or Pop, it's what most of us can do best.

They're more interested into that stuff

Maybe I'll just wait...and wait. I got hope but they're taking so long, I'm so anxious and excited >.<

I wanna make it in this soooo badly, it's my dreamm!! Ahah.. I sound so chiche n.n

Guest WendiiE

THEY PLAYED THAT SONG FOR MY CALLBACK!!!

They have to be the same people.. or they just might not have that many song selections...

I wish they played a better one, Disturbia is such a jazz song. They need to play some Hip Hop or Pop, it's what most of us can do best.

They're more interested into that stuff

Maybe I'll just wait...and wait. I got hope but they're taking so long, I'm so anxious and excited >.<

I wanna make it in this soooo badly, it's my dreamm!! Ahah.. I sound so chiche n.n

I think they just don't have much selections because my friend told me that they played that during the global auditions. >.< I think the only thing we can do is wait. Tell us if you get a call or anything. =D

Archived