[drama 2009] The Road Home 집으로 가는 길

Guest huangsy

Guest cococrust

I am still contemplating on whether to upload the c-subbed eps of this drama. SunnyYS is going to be releasing this drama, with a different translator on helm (not the person from YAMD). Anyway, if you do see a link on my signature for this drama, the eps links will be on my blog.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahoxan thanks for the links. How are the little darlings? Hope all is well.

wootwoot give the show a chance some of the best weekly kdramas I've watched started out very, very slow and drawn out. This is usually done so that you can get a feel for the characters and how they interact with each other. This drama has a more mature/family oriented feel than the previous one. Just my guess, but based on past experience you will probably get your dose of romance, comedy and drama all rolled up into the interactions between the families. I was actually happy to see some of the older established actors who have played similiar roles and sometimes carried other shows.

EDIT

I just wanted to add this to ahoxan's wonderful explanation of the swastika on the side of the temple. After reading monkeytoes' post, I was curious about it's significance in Korean culture. I found this site and just got around to actually posting what it said. The site is

http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/swastika.htm

In Buddhism, the swastika signifies auspiciousness and good fortune as well as the Buddha's footprints and the Buddha's heart. The swastika is said to contain the whole mind of the Buddha and can often be found imprinted on the chest, feet or palms of Buddha images. It is also the first of the 65 auspicious symbols on the footprint of the Buddha.

The swastika has also often been used to mark the beginning of Buddhist texts. In China and Japan, the Buddhist swastika was seen as a symbol of plurality, eternity, abundance, prosperity and long life.

The swastika is used as an auspicious mark on Buddhist temples and is especially common in Korea. It can often be seen on the decorative borders around paintings, altar cloths and banners. In Tibetan Buddhism, it is also used as a clothing decoration.

He has been identified on 1st page, post on press conference.

Name is Shim Hyung Tak. Yoo Min Soo is the name of character he portrays in this drama.

I dont see any medical drama listed in his profile.

I didn't notice about that. Sorry, and thanks. He does look very much like that character I mentioned. It was a very old drama that Jang Dong-gun acted in when he was in his 20s. Lee Young-ae was Jang Dong-gun's love interest.

beamonkr, Thanks for asking. The twins are doing great, much more alert than I expected of 3 weeks old babies. :)

The Road Home 004 [Ental rip]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

The Road Home 005 Preview

[Text]

Original text:

5 회 :: 2009년 1월 16일 금요일 저녁 9시 25분

대훈은 수인의 시아버지를 만났다가 수인이 다른 남자가 있었다는 모욕적인 말을 듣고 황당해한다.

칠남은 마을버스 운전 중 계속 졸고, 이대로는 위험하다 생각한 용선은 건영을 찾아간다.

민수는 병원 사정이 어려운데도 지나치게 원칙만 주장하는 아버지에게 불만을 품고 크게 다툰다.

둘째 아들 현수가 연애를 제대로 못 하는 것을 걱정하던 순정은 작전을 짜는데...

Translation: Korean (automatically detected) » English

5 times:: January 16, 2009 Friday 9:25 p.m.

The number of the father-in-law met with a number daehun the other guy was insulting to hear is absurd.

Continue to drive a bus out of town chilnameun jolgo, I think that is dangerous to the charter chatahganda the geonyoung.

Min Soo difficult circumstances the hospital, her father complained that it holds too much wonchikman second round.

Danny can not love the second son was afraid that the operation jjaneunde Genuine ...

HQ Downloads available from Aja-Aja by courtesy of the lovely Aigoo ladies at:

http://aja-aja.com/regular/the-road-home

beamonkr, Thanks for asking. The twins are doing great, much more alert than I expected of 3 weeks old babies. :)

I was too shy to ask although I was extremely curious so glad beamonkr did the honors . :sweatingbullets:

Glad to hear they're doing fine and are wide alert! Thanks for sharing :D

It looks like Ji Soo is Yong Hwan's biological daughter after all. Yong Joon must have raised her after Yong Hwan's death.

Soo In has returned to Korea after 5 or 6 years in the U.S., now divorced from her husband.

All she tells her mother, when asked about the reason for the divorce, is that they couldn't live together.

Hyun Soo broke up with Soo In just before he entered the army. He said he didn't want to stand in the way of her future and told her to marry the guy she had had a matchmaking date with.

Ryohei Otani's Korean (in dramas, at least) is quite good, and his Japanese accent isn't too strong.

In fact, his korean is much more understandable than some half-Korean actors *cough* Dennis Oh, Daniel Henney *cough*... :phew:

They decided to change his name from Akiyama, Hiroyichi to Akida, Hiro for his modeling career in Korea.

Guest JungHyun27

This drama has all of my favorite actors and actresses!! I have really high expectations for this one. For those who have watched it, how is the story?? Any good??

This drama has all of my favorite actors and actresses!! I have really high expectations for this one. For those who have watched it, how is the story?? Any good??

I'm really enjoying it so far. The story about the lives of two families is interesting, and it's decidedly lacking the crazy antics and irritating characters of some other shows (thank goodness!). But it's only been on for a week, so who knows? :)

The only character that annoys me thus far is Soo Mi (Soo In's sister). <_<

Dae Hoon met with Soo In's father-in-law after finding out about Soo In's divorce. Since she had left her husband (a chaebol son and prodigal who gambles and spends money recklessly) so suddenly and asked for no alimony nor monetary settlement , her father-in-law assumed she was having an affair. What other explanation could there be? --> Soo In's husband didn't want children, and it appears that she's pregnant.

Guest lantawmako

The Road Home 005 [Ental rip]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

HQ Downloads available from Aja-Aja by courtesy of the lovely Aigoo ladies at:

http://aja-aja.com/regular/the-road-home

I haven't watch yet because there is no English subs yet but I will. Thanks for the links. Right now I am hooked with Boys over Flowers. I watched the 4 episodes several times. Its funny and entertaining.

I haven't watch yet because there is no English subs yet but I will. Thanks for the links. Right now I am hooked with Boys over Flowers. I watched the 4 episodes several times. Its funny and entertaining.

We have two possible providers of KBS-World E-Subbed version of this drama.

PCW has been uploading YAMD captured in Singapore, and may do the same for "The Road Home".

Xraymind will probably share his KBS-World LA capture of "The Road Home" via torrents, but he's been leery of sharing via streaming ever since his generousity in sharing LON was abused.

I'm hoping PCW will have time to capture and share, but the time commitment of a 2nd year University student should definitely be focused on Academic pursuits.

In the mean time, I hope kindly souls who are fluent in Korean would post summaries or translations of the drama. :)

I'll try "Boys over Flowers". I saw parts of the original Japanese version, but got tired of it. I'll probably enjoy the Korean version more, since I've learned enough Korean now to understand the bare essentials of conversations. :) Not that it's necessary, since WITHS2 is/will-be doing their usual excellent job in subbing this drama.

Guest dbart001

Oh wow, me too. I am so hooked to Boys over Flower now. I think it is better than the Taiwanese and Japanese version. I just finished watching Worlds Within and i loved it too...the story is simple and realistic...I haven't watched The Road Home yet coz no english sub yet.

Another long drama for me to watch. Since it's so long in terms of episodes, I can only dl watch and then delete. Though I want to save it, it jsut takes too much diskspace. And the story is not very outstanding for me. So...

But just for the sake of watching and killing time and also to know where the story goes, I'm watching this... patiently. Hope it will attract more audience.

It was funny when Hiro thought Ji Soo's name was Kim Tim Jang (Team Leader Kim). He didn't know that Tim Jang is an occupational title. But his character only took a Korean course for one year. Ji Soo said he must be a genius, since he speaks Korean so well.

I hope we get to see him play the guitar (he's supposed to have been the lead guitarist in a rock band).

jibeuroganeungil0030901rn4.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0030901ii7.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0030901fv0.jpgjibeuroganeungil0030901zk8.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0030901am0.jpgjibeuroganeungil0030901vg9.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0030901sv5.jpg:sweatingbullets:

jibeuroganeungil0030901xd5.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0030901hh3.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0050901bl4.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0050901pg9.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0050901ev0.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0050901gm6.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0040901jg4.jpg

Hyun Soo remembering his break-up with Soo In.

jibeuroganeungil0040901dj1.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0040901tn1.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0040901rc1.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0040901or7.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0040901ha0.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0040901ho3.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0040901pe2.jpg

Hyun Soo's scriptwriter (Soo In's friend) is suddenly moving to London because of her husband.

She tries to get Soo In as her replacement, but little does she know of Soo In and Hyun Soo's complicated past. :phew:

jibeuroganeungil0050901yn9.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0050901kr6.jpg

jibeuroganeungil0050901nl4.jpg

Looking forward to next week. :)

Archived