Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

no-name game

3227026947_nv8ita52_optimize__10_4628061161010739629.jpg?w=620

Can’t believe it. After four episodes and three dinner dates, Do Hee and Hae Kyung still have not exchanged names. WTH????? I have a serious gripe with that because I think it is really ridiculous. Maybe the writer is sticking close to the webtoon but still…urgh! I mean I like how they are reluctantly drawn to each other and their fun dinner dates even with the cheesy “fated” run-ins, but the whole silly cloak-and-dagger with names is getting on my nerves. Basic courtesy to introduce yourself, ya know.

Not only do the two exs get more horrid in Episode 4, they apparently know each other too. So I guess there would be this whole mega identity reveal plus unveiling of exes-cum-first loves when Hae Kyung and No Eul unwittingly sign on for the new show helmed by Jae Hyuk and Do Hee.

The show isn’t bad because the two main leads are decent and good-looking people with a believable mutual attraction. Just that it could be much better with more witty humour and more logical writing. There is zero addiction factor on my part – am just watching it because I’m not watching anything else. Plus I think the OTP has potential to deliver a sweet, low-key romance.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/06/04/no-name-game/

Improved taste

1z3vd5v6rn_18267420841937345960.jpg?w=62

With such awful exes, Hae Kyung and Do Hee should just keep having random dinner dates and fall in love asap. Happy to say that Episode 3 of Dinner Mate was a lot better than the first two. As I mentioned, I do think Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye are a lot better if they do not have to worry about being funny. They were a lot more settled and charming in their scenes together.

Hae Kyung’s ex dumped him after eight years together because she was bored with him; Do Hee’s ex left her after six years together with just one message: I’m going abroad to study.

Urgh. I mean I was never interested in the exes from the start but they being so smug and annoying doesn’t help one bit since they appear often on the screen. Hae Kyung and Do Hee are just two nice people who get screwed over by less nice, scheming people.

They are not weak-minded or pushovers – just emotionally more forgiving.

I did like their scenes in this episode and there are some nice pockets of chemistry between Song Seung Heon and Seo Ji Hye. There are still these forced zany bits but overall, a much smooth-sailing narrative. I do like how Hae Kyung is increasingly getting interested in Do Hee and though he has said it more than once to her, I still smile when he goes, “Shall we have dinner together?”

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/06/02/improved-taste/

Top 14 Most Followed Korean Actors On Instagram & Others 70 Actors' Instagram

Most of the Korean actors have Instagram and some have an impressive amount of followers! Some have been using actively Instagram while some do not really keep it updated. Some actors also just created their Instagram recently and are still gathering followers.

Here are the most followed Korean actors on Instagram and then a rough ranking of other actors' Instagram followers amount (around 70 actors).

If you are not following your favorite actors' Instagram, it is time to do so.

Article first published on Apr. 3. All data were updated on June 5, 2020, at 10:00 am KST.

Note: only acting-dols who had a lead role in a K-Drama (not a web drama) have been included. 

Between 300k and 1m followers

Seo InGuk (@seo_cccc), Kim MinKyu (@mingue.k), Jang GeunSuk (@_asia_prince_jks), Jung GunJoo (@jrjswn), Kim JaeYoung (@darealkjy), Lee ShinYoung (@leesin_y), Kim DoHwan (@kimdwan_), Kim YoungDae (@youngdae0302), Choi TaeJoon (@actorctj), Lee DoHyun (@ldh_sky), Shin SeungHo (@seungho__shin), Song JaeRim (@jaelim_song), Park HaeJin by his agency (@parkhaejin_official), Nam DaReum by his mother (@namdareum_mom), Kwak DongYeon (@kwakdongyeon0), Kim JaeWook (@jaeuck.kim), Lee TaeRi (@tae_rii_), Choi JinHyuk (@real_jinhyuk), Im JuHwan (@uhwan__lim), Yoon HyunMin (@yoonhyunmin), Song SeungHeon (@songseungheon1005), Shin SungRok (@shin_sung_rok), Joo Won (@zu.won_moon.jun.won), UKISS's Jun (@ukiss_jun97), Lee HoWon (@isayhousayya), Kim HyunJoong (@hyunjoong860606), Kim JungHyun (@jhkim0405), etc

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-most-followed-korean-actors-on-instagram-others-70-actors-instagram/

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 1-7, 2020

source : dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-1-7-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Monday, June 1      
Born Again 25 KBS 1.4%
Born Again 26 KBS 2.3%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 5 MBC 4.1%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 6 MBC 4.8%
Good Casting 11 SBS 8.0%
Sweet Munchies 3 JTBC 1.0%
My Unfamiliar Family 1 tvN 3.1%
Tuesday, June 2      
Born Again 27 KBS 1.5%
Born Again 28 KBS 2.1%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 7 MBC 4.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 8 MBC 4.9%
Good Casting 12 SBS 8.3%
Sweet Munchies 4 JTBC 1.0%
My Unfamiliar Family 2 tvN

3.9%

rowing to a punch

20200610_1542073579626035740608151.jpg?w=620

Posting this BTS clip because I thought Song Seung Heon was hilarious in the bit where he stretched before attempting the punching machine. I find the directing and writing quite choppy – though I can envision how the story and the various weird personalities would work better in a webtoon universe. Do Hee and Hae Kyung are still deliberately on a no-name basis which I think is taking the whole mysterious dinner mate bit a far. I do like their more chill moments where they are just hanging out. The exes continue to be annoying though they each have their own supposed sob story, which is pretty stereotypical.

I guess the good part is Do Hee has admitted she likes Hae Kyung more than a dinner mate.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/06/10/rowing-to-a-punch/

4 Reasons Why “Dinner Mate” Is An Entertaining Watch

99136404_2693563467532918_96399900579096

Watching Dinner Mate will definitely make your days better and bring smile to your face.

Quite a fun drama, Dinner Mate has been an entertaining watch in its 12 episodes that has been aired so far. Owing to its unique narrative unlike any other romantic comedies, the drama makes way right into the viewers’ hearts.

dinnermate_photo200603141300imbcdrama12-

Dinner Mate consists of magnetic chemistry between the main leads, some delicious food and hilarious comedic moments, that can make gloomy days better. It is impossible not to fall in love with the dinner couple, Kim Hae Kyung (Song Seung Heon) and Woo Do Hee (Seo Ji Hye), and we cannot wait for them to get together.

As we complete the third week of the drama, we have created a list of the things that we absolutely love from the drama.

Spoiler

A male lead who is extremely caring

While there are lot of things about Kim Hae Kyung that attracts attention, but his best point is how much he cares. Going out of his way to help other people in spite of suffering himself makes us admire him even more.

From the very beginning, he was kind and considerate towards Woo Do Hee, even though they were practically strangers. He made sure Woo Do Hee was not lonely on the day of her breakup, offered to eat together multiple times, comforted her with his thoughtful words, and even came to visit her just because she asked. Who would not want such a sweet person in their lives?

dinnermate_photo200518162916imbcdrama13-

A quirky yet adorably funny female lead

PD Woo Do Hee made sure that viewers rolled out in laughter because of her humorous acts. A huge fan of B-class comedy, the girl is naturally funny and there are often some hilarious occurrences in her daily life.

Quite an unpredictable person, it is difficult to know to what goes inside her head and she always surprises with her unexpected actions. Despite being heartbroken by her past lovers, our heroine is not weak and holds her ground strongly. It was definitely refreshing to watch a female lead who is unique.

102563816_2710476045841660_6563232367184

The sweet, dinner dates

Since, the plot of Dinner Mate is centered on two strangers who made an arrangement to eat together, the viewers get to see a lot of dinner dates between the main leads. The rules of this arrangement are that the dinner mates would not reveal their personal information to each other and not cross certain boundaries such as falling in love or indulge in a skinship with each other.

However, their chemistry is undeniable, and it was only a matter of time, when they started breaking their own rules. We could not help but swoon when Kim Hae Kyung adorably copied Woo Do Hee as she made her samgyeopsal wrap, or when he won the penguin for her.

1591766369572-e1591766329346.jpg

Some heart fluttering coincidences

There are too many coincidences that occur between Woo Do Hee and Kim Hae Kyung. But it is never boring because of the creative execution of these scenarios. Though Woo Do Hee and Kim Hae Kyung end up running into each other at the end of every episode, each moment is a delightful surprise.

Dinner Mate

Wrapped with romance, comedy, and food, it can definitely be expected that there will be more moments to make you smile.

Dinner Mate airs every Monday and Tuesday.

source : https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/4-reasons-why-dinner-mate-is-an-entertaining-watch/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 8-14, 2020

dramaratings_3.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-8-14-2020/

Monday, June 8      
Born Again 29 KBS 2.2%
Born Again 30 KBS 2.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 9 MBC 3.5%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 10 MBC 4.4%
Good Casting 13 SBS 8.4%
Sweet Munchies 5 JTBC 0.8%
My Unfamiliar Family 3 tvN 3.3%
Tuesday, June 9      
Born Again 31 KBS 1.7%
Born Again 32 KBS 2.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 11 MBC 3.4%
Will You Have Dinner With Me 12 MBC 3.9%
Good Casting 14 SBS 8.5%
Sweet Munchies 6 JTBC 0.6%
My Unfamiliar Family 4 tvN 3.9%

Second lead syndrome? More like “grim reaper syndrome”

Ever heard of the grim reaper syndrome?

Everyone has heard of a second-lead syndrome, for sure. That one handsome oppa in a Korean drama did not end up with the main lead lady and it leaves your heart aching for him. It is definitely common!

However, have you heard of the “Grim Reaper Syndrome” thing? Here are few examples of actors who have left their mark as the most dashing culprit for this syndrome!

2. Song Seung Hon – Black

images-4-1.jpeg?w=780&is-pending-load=1#

Photo from OCN via DramaBeans

This K-drama is as thrilling like its title name, storyline, and plot which all enticing. It revolves around Grim Reaper 444, who is known as the underworld’s most unsympathetic soul collector, tasked to find another grim reaper who has ran away.

He posseses Detective Han’s body and makes him rise up from the dead. So, other than collecting souls, he enters them. He teams up with Ha Ram who can forsee death and see shadows of death.

The aura that Grim Reaper 444 has is probably what makes him such a hearth-throb to begin with! Black is on Netflix for those who have yet to experience it.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2020/06/17/second-lead-syndrome-more-like-grim-reaper-syndrome/

Song Seung Heon Shields Seo Ji Hye From The Pouring Rain In “Dinner Mate”

deb1c3a6e07d4eaf9de2dc24d7172a8a.jpeg?s=

MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Dinner Mate” has shared new stills from the upcoming episode!

“Dinner Mate” tells the story of a man and a woman who have grown jaded about romance after experiencing painful heartbreaks. Through their dinner dates, they eventually recover their ability to feel emotion and begin to find love over food. Song Seung Heon stars as Kim Hae Kyung, a psychiatrist and food psychologist, and Seo Ji Hye plays the energetic producing director (PD) Woo Do Hee.

Spoilers

Spoiler

In previous episodes, Kim Hae Kyung and Woo Do Hee couldn’t stop their feelings even after realizing each other’s identities. Their feelings for each other were also solidified after Kim Hae Kyung’s straightforward confession.

The first still shows Woo Do Hee staring blankly at the ground as rain falls overhead. Viewers are questioning what could have caused her change in mood after starting her romance with Kim Hae Kyung. In the following stills, Kim Hae Kyung comes to her side and holds a jacket over her head to protect her from the rain, all the while looking at her with a caring gaze. It remains to be seen how their relationship will develop as they begin to show more affection towards each other.

Seo-Ji-Hye.jpg

Song-Seung-Heon-Seo-Ji-Hye-3.jpg

In addition, the pair becomes involved with Jung Jae Hyuk (Lee Ji Hoon) and Jin No Eul (Apink‘s Son Naeun) following Kim Hae Kyung’s decision to appear on broadcast. In the previous episode, after causing chaos at the filming location, Jung Jae Hyuk even fabricated a scenario in which he had to rescue Woo Do Hee. It appears as though Jung Jae Hyuk’s bad intentions will cause ripples in Kim Hae Kyung and Woo Do Hee’s romance.

The next episode of “Dinner Mate” airs on June 22 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news