Why Yoo Ah In wants to share his Best Actor award with Song Joong-Ki

Yoo Ah In

After grabbing the Golden Cinema Best Actor of the Year award last Sunday, South Korean star Yoo Ah In bagged yet another honour for his incredible performance as an actor at 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards on June 3.

The 29-year-old who got nominated in the Best actor category for both movie and TV series, made it to the history of Beaksang awards by getting two division nomination. However, the one which won Ah In an award was his worldly performance in TV series, Six Flying Dragons.

The other hallyu stars in race were Nam Gong Min for Remember, Song Joong Ki for Descendants of the Sun, Jo Jin Woong for Signal, and Joo Won for Yongpal.

After being announced the Best Actor on television, the veteren actor climbed up the stage and delivered a brilliant, heartfelt four-minute speech, relieving all his emotions.

The actor started his speech with a desire to share his Best actor Award with Descendants of the Sun star, Song Joong Ki. He said: "Today, watching the Baeksang stage from the start, seating myself next to Song-Song couple (Song Joong Ki & Song Hye Kyo), I wanted to go with them together. It is quite embarrassing for me to receive this award."

Laughing on his way of delivering elongated speeches, Ah In added: " Apart from anything else, 50-episode drama for me...  Yeah, I know my acceptance speeches always cause controversy (laughed). But, aren't they funny?"

He continued:

"I don't know.... 50-episode drama, sageuk, Six Flying Dragons.... There are so many keywords that come to my mind when I'm thinking about last year. I had a lot of worries of my own, but now that I'm thinking about it, they were quite a shame. 'Fifty-episode drama, it would make me tired. Can I make it?' or 'Fifty episodes? Star actors don't do this kind of long-term drama, do they?' Such worries...

Honestly, people really said that, not about the drama itself but about the fake stories surrounding the drama. I didn't want to focus on such fakes, and I felt ashamed of myself who was caring about them. Six Flying Dragons... I'm really proud of it. Including Director Shin Gyeong Soo, Writers Park Sang Yeon & Kim Young Hyeon, working with all the senior-junior actors like Choi Jong Won (Yi In Gyeom in Six Flying Dragons), Cheon Ho Jin (Yi Seong-Gye in Six Flying Dragons).

What I felt is... I begun my acting career 10 years ago, but only Six Flying Dragons, this 50-episode drama, gave me the weird moment that I could witness so many changes and growth in myself just with one drama.

Since Six Flying Dragons had six main protagonists, other 5 actors shared the burden and there was no overtime shooting at night. I think it was quite excellent filming environments. Nonetheless, I really felt like I want to die. But whenever I received a script book and recited it, it made me really happy. I thought this is the reason why I am an actor. 'How could the writers give me this great lines?', 'How could they drive me into such a moment?'. Such thoughts took me to heaven as well as to hell.

I think I should make a living as an actor. A career as an actor sometimes makes me feel so frustrated that I think, 'Damn, I want to quit this stupid job'. However, at the moment when I start acting, when I'm entering into the atmosphere while the camera is rolling...at the moment when I witness another myself in my own eyes, it gives me a big thrill. I'm happy for being an actor. Thank you all the audiences, TV viewers, for making it possible for me to live as an actor. I'll do my best. Thank you."

http://www.ibtimes.sg/why-yoo-ah-wants-share-his-best-actor-award-song-joong-ki-1799

• Like 1

Yoo Ah-in, Hoya win at 36th Golden Cinema Film Festival

(Clockwise from top) Yoo Ah-in, Uhm Ji-won and Hoya (Photos courtesy of their Instagram accounts)

The festival was organized by the Korean Society of Cinematographers in 1977.

Yoo Ah-in won the award for his role in the “Veteran,” which became the highest grossing movie in South Korea in 2015 earning $88.37
million in gross. It is now the third highest grossing Korean film of all time.

The actor was unable to attend the awarding ceremony.

Uhm Ji Won took home the best actress award for her role in the thriller “The Phone,” which grossed $10.34 million in South Korea
alone, according to data from the Korean Film Council.

Kim In-kwon of the “Himalayas” and Ryu Hyun Kyung of the “Office” won best supporting actor and actress, respectively.

Hoya of the movie “Hiya” tied the best new actor award with Park Jung Min who won for his role in “Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet.”

Seo Mi Ji won the best new actress award for her role in the 2016 film “Spirits’ Homecoming,” which grossed $22.87 million at the box office with 3.58 million tickets sold.

Special Jury Prizes went to actor Jung Man-sik of “The Tiger” and actress Jeong Jae-yeon of “Polaroid.”

The Popularity Awards were bestowed on actress Go Ah Sung and actor Choi Il Hwa.

In the best cinematography award, Choi Young Hwan of the “Veteran” won gold while Park Hoon-jung won best director for “The Great Tiger” and Cho Jung-rae won best new director for “Spirits’ Homecoming.”

http://www.mb.com.ph/yoo-ah-in-hoya-win-at-36th-golden-cinema-film-festival/

This interview was taken at 2015, but I find it really interesting reading it. 

South Korean Actor Yoo Ah-in talks about dating, girlfriends, and getting married

South Korean Actor Yoo Ah In recently talked about dating, girlfriends, and his view on marriage and getting married during an open interview session.

This young and talented actor has won millions of hearts in a few years. He is the talk of K town right now; a total ladies’ heartthrob who has been able to mesmerize every one with his acting skills and a phenomenal star who creates block office magic. His new drama, Six Flying Dragons, got double digit ratings. 

Yoo, being the youngest and the hottest actor in South Korea, has got hundreds and thousands of young girls going crazy for him. They are quite eager to know more about this rising super star’s personal life, dating, girlfriends and marriage.

So, during the Busan International Film Festival last month, Yoo Ah In took part in an "Open Talk," hosted by the Movie Writers' Association of Korea. The event was held out door in the BIFF Village at Haeundae and you would not believe how crowded the whole place was with the actor’s die-hard fans. They were dying to catch a glimpse of Yoo Ah In and to ask him questions. 

During the talking session, one of his female fans asked one amazing yet quite direct question to Yoo. She asked: "Oppa, are you going to get married?” As soon as the fan fired the question, Yoo started blushing but he answered it confidently. 

He replied: "I think I've always wanted to get married." Wait, what? Hey girls, we guess it’s high time for all of you to line up outside Yoo Ah In’s doorstep (wink).

He further added: “I want to have a son that looks just like me.” And he also gave the reason behind him wanting an adorable son just like him. He explained how he once saw a father with his adorable son riding on his shoulders.

That might be the cutest thing we have ever heard. 

And when asked what type of girl would be his ideal, Yoo Ah In reminded us the interview that he gave four years ago where he talked about his dating experience.

He then described the nature of his past girlfriend saying: “A past girlfriend used to go back and forth from being uptight and being relaxed. I felt a certain charm in that and wanted her more.”

So, in a nutshell, we can say that Yoo wants someone who could not only be with him but also accept him as who he is and to whom he could give his whole body and soul. 

Well his confession about his past girlfriend and his thoughts on marriage and children also cleared out the rumor about him being gay. The actor can be followed on Instagram.

His net worth remains undisclosed.

sorry if this already posted before but I really want to share this one. I don't know if the relationship with JYM is real or not still continue or not but I read somewhere YAI ideal type of woman is JYM (he said it him self). Below is article about YAI.

Who is Yoo Ah-in’s Girlfriend?: Love life about Yoo Ah-in

Updated: 2016-04-12EntertainmentKorea

Yoo Ah in is a famous south Korean actor. He is renowned for his roles at drama Secret
Love Affair(2014). His blockbuster film is Veteran(2015).He also get fame because of his music video apparance.

In social media he is very active to his fans.He had won the prestigious award from Korean environment & community group. Yoo is considered as the most naive & diligent actor of his generation.

Girlfriend

Jung Yu mi is known to be the girlfriend of Yoo Ah In.Jung Yu Mi is a south Korean actress. She is better known for his role in Blossom Again(2005). She began his career by acting in short films.

Together Yoo & Jung had worked in a lot of occasions. Yoo Ah appeared in the comedy drama Discovery Of Romance(2014).On this drama,they had worked together.

Jung Yu Mi is also an active member of Yoo Ah’s studio Concrete.A photo was published regarding birthday celebration of Jung Yu Mi.Jung & Yoo Ah seemed to be celebrating happily on that birthday celebration photo. Yoo Ah & Jung Yu Mi first met through a movie in 2007.

Ex Girlfriend

Song Hye Kyo (This one I'm pretty sure they're only bestfriend)

It is said that Song Hye Kyo is the ex girlfriend of Yoo Ah-in.Song Hye Kyo is a popular soputh Korean actress.She is better known for his television series Autumn in my heart(2000), All in(2003).

Descendants of the Sun(2014) is also one of the most popular television series of Song Hye Kyo.

Yoo Ah-in is the coactor in the television series Descendants of the sun.She works in the same agency where Yoo Ah works. Song Hye Kyo also acclaimed his loyal viewership to this drama.

Personality

In the middle of 10th grade Yoo left his high school & decided to be a celebrity. He is also passionate to writing poem. He is writing,poems,rhymes from his early age. In Kang Ho Dong`s Yashimanman he quoted his own poems. He is writing his personal things on diary since childhood.

Yoo is very open minded person. He express his thought,belief`s frankly upon the talking at media.He claimed that he is now a successful actor because of his expressing ability.

The roles he plays is the resemble of real life expectations.

Love younger girls

Yoo Ah in want to be in a relationship where he is committed to his girlfriend. He believes that commitment of understanding is essential for an effective relationship.

He is not against dating with any girl who is older than him. But the girl must pursue his desired expectations.

He also said jokingly that, it will neither be a problem for him, if the girl holds a cane while walking. Yoo wants a girl whom he can share his inner feelings. He wants someone who will care for him.

the hottest actor in Korea

Yoo Ah like to take part in challenging roles. He also want to be unconventional.

Because of that he has signed an adult movie named To serve the people. The plot of this movie was based on a Chinese story. Story dictates the love of a soldier & his generals’s wife.

Yoo is considered as the hottest actor in the Korean movie industry. Girl`s are crazy about him.

Yoo doesn’t believe on the conventional stories of Korean plots. He wants to get new taste in his role.

Friends

Song Joong ki,Park Min Young,park Yoo Chun is the favorite co-stars of Yoo Ah-in.He said in some interview that he was feeling nervous while he first met them.He was feeling biased about them.

But after some years he admitted that,acting with the co-stars had helped him get rid of biasness.

A famous actor should be self centered. But in the matter of Yoo Ah In, he is totally different from other famous actors. He stated that feeling boast or self centered is not important, important is how you are familiar with acting.

His Ideal type of woman

Yooh Ah-in said in a talk show that he thought KimTae-Hee is his ideal type of girl. He stated that he like the girls who have short hair.

But he prefers the girl who seems attractive, intelligent and feminine minded. Also he wants her ideal type girl to be loyal. Her thought must resemble the modern women.

The girl must be open minded & should not be acquisitive. Yoo disclosed that he don`t like the girls who are contentious. He wants his ideal girl to be sober.

Above all Yoo prefers the girl who is calm but not quiet always.

How he thinks about marriage

Yoo Ah-in thoughts about marriage that marriage is a lifetime bondage. During Busan international film festival he reveals some facts about his view of marriage.

He said that he wanted to get married. After saying that he requested all the girls present on the program to make proposal at his doorstep.

Though this was a prank, but he thinks serious about marriage. He confidently said that after marriage he wants a son just like him.

He also confessed some facts regarding marriage proposal with his ex-girlfriend. His talking’s about girlfriend & son has dispelled the rumor that he is a gay.

His Ideal situation of dating

While questioned about dating, Yoo revealed that He hadn’t dated another celebrity since he was 20 tears old. He stated that in future he would be in a relationship where he can give his whole heart to his girlfriend.

He wants to date in a natural place. He wants to give some meaningful presents to his girlfriend during date. He remembered about past girlfriend & said that he wanted her more elaborately in dating. He also prefers in kissing on her girlfriend’s hand while walking.

How his fan think about his lover

Like other celebrity’s there’s a lot of controversial issue regarding Yoo Ah-in. There`s a rumor spread that he is a gay, but his talking’s regarding marriage had dispelled that thought.

Fans also supported always Yoo. When Jung Yu Mi said some awkward things about Yoo in public, his fans strongly protested her speech.

Though Yoo Ah-in is always nervous before his fan meeting, but in the time of meeting he seems to be cheerful. There`s also a disputable issue regarding affair with Kim Hee Ae.

But Yoo fans strongly opposed the issue. Because they were co-actor in a drama. Fans always strongly supports Yoo Ah-in decisions.

http://miner8.com/en/15640

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.. this is my 1st post in this thread. seem only few ppl coming here, i wish a lot more will come so we can discuss together.

I know Yoo Ah In only recently, i even havent watch his movie or drama yet. i only know him as Song Hye Kyo's best buddy as they are in same agency. until i bumped again with him in  Running Man eps.164, and i fall in love with those smiles. i have re-watched this eps many times, just to see his skill on cooking, now i know why SHK and SJK enjoy hang out in TMI, the foods there must be delicious.

i'm on credit to watch his old drama, which i will start from SKKS.. and prepare my self to spazzing over him again

• Like 1

On 6/4/2016 at 7:31 AM, myvilvil said:

Congrats YAI! When I first saw him in SKKS I knew that one day he will win many awards and I was right.

i'm so unlucky that i refused to watch SKKS many times just because i dislike the main actor, now i'm going to watch it during holiday,, yeyy

• Like 1

On 30/06/2016 at 9:41 PM, aegyoppa said:

i'm so unlucky that i refused to watch SKKS many times just because i dislike the main actor, now i'm going to watch it during holiday,, yeyy

You'll enjoy it especially that YAI has the best role among three lead guys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On July 1, 2016 at 0:35 PM, aegyoppa said:

Hi.. this is my 1st post in this thread. seem only few ppl coming here, i wish a lot more will come so we can discuss together.

I know Yoo Ah In only recently, i even havent watch his movie or drama yet. i only know him as Song Hye Kyo's best buddy as they are in same agency. until i bumped again with him in  Running Man eps.164, and i fall in love with those smiles. i have re-watched this eps many times, just to see his skill on cooking, now i know why SHK and SJK enjoy hang out in TMI, the foods there must be delicious.

i'm on credit to watch his old drama, which i will start from SKKS.. and prepare my self to spazzing over him again

Hello :D my long post on spoiler.

Spoiler

i love ah in too ! His thread doesnt really popular based on he never have popular drama to international viewers :)

In Skks i think his character more shining than male lead, im not saying as his beloved fan, but male lead character just didnt shine in skks..

I love him more likely as boyfie type :D 

i did watch all his movie and 4 of his drama except secret love affair. Ah in has different taste in choosing drama, and he always end up alone in drama, so i dont really like all ending of his drama. Hahaha.. But I love his acting style and He really on of talented actor In korea ❤️ 

You should watch jang ok jung, six flying dragon too :)

his movie full action or drama :) wait,in 2016,ah in was cast LIKE FOR LIKES MOVIE. (I love this movie SO MUCH ! This is the only one happy ending movie he made)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...