Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

4 hours ago, irilight said:

@maria1983, yes sis. That is my recollection too.!

@maria1983, @Kelly86,  I agree with you both. His character was so well layered in "Sunflower," and he portrayed him with all his internal turmoils beautifully. @willenette, yes- the plot was original. It was a gangster movie that touched our hearts.  I think in Sunflower, as well as his other "tough guy" movies and drama (excluding Gangnam, because I have not watched it yet...) there is a core of goodness and heartness below the tough veneer, and that is why we can related to his characters and love them.   And yes.. the music. I love that he sings some of the OST to his drama and movies.  I wonder if he will sing for Doctors... Or maybe even have a duet with Park Shin-Hye:wub:

Hi irilight, I only know that he sang in his movie, "Insadong Scandal" - were there any works he did that he lent his voice in? Well, I hope he could get to lend his voice in his current drama, that would be NICE. :P

• Like 4

‘Doctors’ Korean Drama Kim Rae Won: 5 Surprising Facts About Him

13603793_524201721115139_650844538745329

Fans are expecting that Korean drama “Doctors” will follow the success of “Descendants of the Sun”. After five episodes aired, reports mentioned that it continues to top viewership ratings. It seems Kim Rae Won and Park Shin Hye eventually won the hearts of many. Below, we round up surprising facts on the Korea drama’s lead actor, Kim Rae Won.

1. He wanted to be a doctor.

In the new Korean drama, Kim Rae Won stars as a doctor who serves as a mentor to Park Shin Hye. When the two met in the series, things have changed for Park Shin Hye’s character. Although Kim Rae Won has been known for his talent in acting, he had a different career in mind before entering the world of entertainment. He considered exploring the field of medicine as it runs in their blood.

“I did also consider studying medicine once. There are a lot of doctors in my family, so if I hadn’t become an actor, I probably would have become a doctor,” he told media, as quoted byInternational Business Times SG.

2. Park Shin Hye is one of his fans!

The popular South Korean actress admitted that she’s a fan of Kim Rae Won ever since. However, despite the age difference, working with him was not a challenge for her. She revealed that he was “very kind” and “caring” on set. Likewise, she added that she can rely on Kim Rae Won, Manila Bulletin reported

3. He is versatile in acting.

“Doctors” Director Oh Chung Hwan admitted his hesitation to give the role to Kim Rae Won. Known for his “strong” personality on “Punch,” Kim Rae Won surprised the director as he was able to portray his character well.

4. He isn’t afraid of challenges.

Kim Rae Won revealed that he was once cast a disable child but it didn’t work out. When asked for future roles he’d want to try, he hopes to take the same challenge again. He sees the role as an opportunity to grow as an actor.

5. He won several awards in acting.

Since 1999, he won awards such as “Best Actor,” “Excellence Award, Actor,” and recently,”Actor of the Year” in 2015 for Korean drama “Punch.”

“Doctors” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10:00 p.m KST on the Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS).

http://www.australianetworknews.com/doctors-korean-drama-kim-rae-won-facts/

• Like 7

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Doctors" Episode 5

photo743259.jpg

With this episode "Doctors" takes an unfortunate step towards unwanted perfection- Hye-jeong is super talented, right about everything, and only ever faces resistance by mean-spirited people who are either outright evil or secretly harbor a romantic crush. We're at the point where Hye-jeong's only conceivable flaw appears to be that she's too awesome. What happened to the bitter jerk from the first episode who engaged in petty shoplifting just for the fun of it?

My main issue with this tonal movement is that it's very boring. Exactly one scene shows promise of dramatic tension- I was briefly thrown into alertness when something seemed to go wrong but as expected Hye-jeong is able to pull through right to the end. Given that Hye-jeong's whole raison d'etre is to be the very best doctor there ever was, I'm surprised she didn't relish the challenge. My best guess is because if Hye-jeong was shown enjoying this too much, we might agree with Yoon-do that she's arrogant.

Ji-hong's character has also fully embraced the Hye-jeong-centered galaxy about which the plot revolves. He has no apparent motivation except to help Hye-jeong be the very best she can be. The teacher/student element bothers me less now because I see Ji-hong as representing a more shallow archetype- the teacher so enthralled by Hye-jeong's awesomeness that of course he wants to be together with her. And as her former teacher, from Hye-jeong's perspective, he's the highest ranked potential suitor available.

I'm probably being a tad harsh, but there's so little going on with other subplots there isn't really anything else to discuss. While all the other doctors have distinct personalities to date none of them have really done anything except get involved with minor mischief that lacks payoff. The politicking in regards to the balance administration has to strike between ethical good and profitability is kind of interesting, but the same subplot shows up in nearly every medical drama.

It's possible I might have set my standards a tad too high after the strong opening episodes of "Doctors". It's not like the drama is unwatchable or anything- the production values are fine, it's just that the lack of meaningful conflict is very, very dull. While "Doctors" has one of the best fonts I've ever seen for explaining medical terminology, a good typeface can't change the general impenetrability of dry medical terminology. Which is a pretty good metaphor for how I'm seeing the drama as a whole right now.

Review by William Schwartz

"Doctors" is directed by Oh Choong-hwan, written by Ha Myeong-hee and features Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, Yoon Gyoon-sang, Lee Seong-kyeong, Kim Yeong-ae and Jeong Hae-gyoon.

Watch on DramaFever

Episode 5

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 3

morning , morning , morning to all !! have a beautiful day :)

thanks to all for the news , information , pictures , articles ...

Welcome , Rin90 !! We are happy to have you here :)

Well ... i never trust reviews . Because they are made by people , people like us , who can like something or not , they in the end are subjective like any other human . Okay , they can say are prepared for that kind of "job"- judging movies and dramas , but they are still people . I know tons of movies who recieved negative reviews ...and in the end for me the movie was good , and also know tons of movies with good reviews that in the end for me was a total calamity . So just let me enjoy what i like ...WHAT I LIKE AND LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL TO ME :) 

oh , seams that when i said 0,2 % more for episode 5 ...seams that i was pessimistic :)))))  i am so happy that this drama has so much success . and that Our Prince took the part . :) and i really understand that the director was a little worried about the fact that KRW can deliver this rol ...after  'PUNCH" .  but this just show us how good actor he is  :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, maria1983 said:

morning , morning , morning to all !! have a beautiful day :)

thanks to all for the news , information , pictures , articles ...

Welcome , Rin90 !! We are happy to have you here :)

Well ... i never trust reviews . Because they are made by people , people like us , who can like something or not , they in the end are subjective like any other human . Okay , they can say are prepared for that kind of "job"- judging movies and dramas , but they are still people . I know tons of movies who recieved negative reviews ...and in the end for me the movie was good , and also know tons of movies with good reviews that in the end for me was a total calamity . So just let me enjoy what i like ...WHAT I LIKE AND LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL TO ME :) 

oh , seams that when i said 0,2 % more for episode 5 ...seams that i was pessimistic :)))))  i am so happy that this drama has so much success . and that Our Prince took the part . :) and i really understand that the director was a little worried about the fact that KRW can deliver this rol ...after  'PUNCH" .  but this just show us how good actor he is  :)

Hi maria, I couldn't agree with you more - because our opinions about films/dramas differ depending on the individual.  Whether we like or dislike a movie/drama is a very personal and subjective thing. How we view a film/drama is influenced and filtered through our personal experiences, our emotions, our likes and dislikes, and whether we’d like to admit it or not, the outside opinions of others. Sometimes reviewers just pollute our minds about a film/drama before we even see it. It's all subjective but sometimes additional knowledge and insight may change one's subjective opinion. People write from a personal stand point - and base their opinions accordingly. I think hearing/reading other viewpoints, sharing opinions and having discussions is important no matter what the art form. I think it’s definitely possible to like a bad film/drama. :P

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi maria, I couldn't agree with you more - because our opinions about films/dramas differ depending on the individual.  Whether we like or dislike a movie/drama is a very personal and subjective thing. How we view a film/drama is influenced and filtered through our personal experiences, our emotions, our likes and dislikes, and whether we’d like to admit it or not, the outside opinions of others. Sometimes reviewers just pollute our minds about a film/drama before we even see it. It's all subjective but sometimes additional knowledge and insight may change one's subjective opinion. People write from a personal stand point - and base their opinions accordingly. I think hearing/reading other viewpoints, sharing opinions and having discussions is important no matter what the art form. I think it’s definitely possible to like a bad film/drama. :P

Hello , willenette !! Exactly like that  :) All in this life is a continued fight . even in cinema industry . 

And THE BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER .

Once again i am so happy that this drama is so well received by public :) What do you say ... tonight percentage will be even more higher ? i will say 0,4% MORE . :D 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maria1983 said:

Hello , willenette !! Exactly like that  :) All in this life is a continued fight . even in cinema industry . 

And THE BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER .

Once again i am so happy that this drama is so well received by public :)What do you say ... tonight percentage will be even more higher ? i will say 0,4% MORE . :D 

maria I’m happy also for KRW that his drama ratings have continued to increase with every EP thus, it shows favorable signs of popularity. With such high ratings, “Doctors” maintains its 1st place spot amongst competing dramas. The most recent EP of the drama featured many exciting scenes involving romance & action. Wait & see again for tonight's EP but I hope “Doctors” will surpass 20% soon. Hahaha - :P

• Like 2

@ploy1234 thank you for all the artwork and photos, as well as the articles.  Funny, the Australian article made it's way to my email too.. ^_^

@willenette thank you for the episode review from Hancinema. I find that this reviewer is generally negative in his/her reviews. He/she found the episode boring? I am shocked,  Thank God Netizens do not feel the same, as we see from the huge increase in ratings.

@Rin90, welcome to Kim Rae-Won thread  :)

Doctors

Spoiler

ll3.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-07-04%2Bat%2B5.11.0

Xports News - Naver: 'Doctors', Kim Rae Won ♥ Park Shin Hye's romance, yes no matter what 

1. [+9,337, -111] Kim Rae Won's casting is the work of god... Doc Ji Hong is a character that's made for Kim Rae Won. Can't believe he sweetly called her "bad gijibae". I love his assertiveness ㅜㅜ ♥ The preview ㅜㅜ I wonder what that behavior he's talking about ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ Ah I love it

2. [+7,607, -77] "It seems complicated over here. Then, I'll go out" -Moohyul

3. [+5,811, -87] Kim Rae Won is really heaven sentㅡㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+5,381, -72] Ah!!!!!My dating cells are awake!!!! Kim Rae Won gives me butterflies ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+4,260, -92] I really like Kim Rae Won's voice ~~

6. [+1,622, -12] Yoon Doㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Puts his two hands down as soon as he saw the knife and said he wants to go out ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I totally get what kind of character he is ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+1,504, -12] Why are there so many guys around Park Shin Hye? ㅋㅋKim Rae Won, Yoon Kyun Sang, Lee Ki Woo, Kim Min Seok plus the gas barrel delivery boy. It's a love pentagon ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+1,458, -9] Yoon Kyun Sang's so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ There's this heodangness to him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Sports Seoul - Nate: 'Doctors', Park Shin Hye ♥ Kim Rae Won, first of their love line's countless troubles 

1. [+685, -33] Writer-nim, please concentrate on the two leads!!!! Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won's scenes are the best. Concentrate on those two!!!

2. [+603, -48] Park Shin Hye is really pretty. The dignity of a natural beauty

3. [+554, -34] She's not stabbed in the end, isn't she? ㅜㅜ Park Shin Hye's so cool in this drama, I'm a woman but I'm gonna fall for her.

4. [+84, -3] Meanwhile, Park Shin Hye and Lee Ki Woo's chemistry is growing on me. We're only at episode 5 but it looks like a hot mess already- from the swoony, assertive male lead, to the geumsappa secondary lead and the stabbing in the end (tn: geumsappa=  person who easily falls in love)

5. [+82, -7] Lee Sung Kyung is a doctor, she should tone down her makeup

Spoiler

gj.jpg

Sports Chosun - Naver: 'Doctors',  "Bad gijibae"...Kim Rae Won 'sly+swoony', deadly ajae fatale (tn: ajae = ahjussi)
1. [+4,946, -75] Kim Rae Won is doing wonders ㅎㅎㅎ

2. [+4,035, -57] His acting is superior, he makes the heart flutter even with those immature lines ♡♡♡♡♡ You stole my heart Doc Hong-♡♡

3. [+3,709, -60] His smile is always so pretty, I'm surprised. He suits bright roles like this

4. [+2,734, -99] But he's not an ajae...

5. [+2,261, -42] Kim Rae Won ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Shin Hye ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

6. [+754, -22] Ajae?... If you're handsome, you're an oppa

source

8 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi irilight, I only know that he sang in his movie, "Insadong Scandal" - were there any works he did that he lent his voice in? Well, I hope he could get to lend his voice in his current drama, that would be NICE. :P

@willenette, yes, he lent his voice to several of his projects, aside from Insadong Scandal (which you have mentioned). Unfortunately,  many of the old videos were deleted from YT. I feel sad about that. :(

1.  Sunflower   (starting from this one, since we just spoke about this film)

2.   Gourmet

3. My Little Bride, I do not know if this song was officially part of the OST, but he sand it in the kareoke scene. This version is from a fan meeting

Maybe  @ploy1234 or @maria1983 can help with more.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, irilight said:

They banned lot's of the videos . :(

Hello , irilight !! :) thank you for those messages ...always a plesure to read them . This one is so prety  :  3. [+5,811, -87] Kim Rae Won is really heaven sent :wub::wub::wub:

15 minutes ago, willenette said:

maria I’m happy also for KRW that his drama ratings have continued to increase with every EP thus, it shows favorable signs of popularity. With such high ratings, “Doctors” maintains its 1st place spot amongst competing dramas. The most recent EP of the drama featured many exciting scenes involving romance & action. Wait & see again for tonight's EP but I hope “Doctors” will surpass 20% soon. Hahaha - :P

i believe is not just a hope ...and 20% will be a reality soon :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maria1983 said:

Words of wisdom, @maria1983. I just wonder why someone makes a point to continue watching and review a drama that he feels is boring.

I too like these netizen opinions. So much so that I subscribed to this blog. The one you picked is certainly a gem.

2 hours ago, willenette said:

I’m happy also for KRW that his drama ratings have continued to increase with every EP thus, it shows favorable signs of popularity. With such high ratings, “Doctors” maintains its 1st place spot amongst competing dramas. The most recent EP of the drama featured many exciting scenes involving romance & action. Wait & see again for tonight's EP but I hope “Doctors” will surpass 20% soon

@willenette, I hope the drama continue to maintain #1 spot throughout it's run... and certainly surpass 20% and more

#KimRaeWon no.3 #ParkShinHye no. 6 and both are no.4 on Hot topic in Naver #Doctors

CmkneqoVYAAow4d.jpg

Filming...

CmPUKqtUgAA7r5U.jpg

• Like 1

OH , thank you for this pictures , irilight :)  He's so cute !!!! I can't help it ... but he's so cute !!! :wub::wub::wub: SO CUTE !!! :wub:

exactly , irilight , why spending your time , your precious time writing about something you don't like ? Life is short ...enjoy things you love :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irilight said:

@ploy1234 thank you for all the artwork and photos, as well as the articles.  Funny, the Australian article made it's way to my email too.. ^_^

@willenette thank you for the episode review from Hancinema. I find that this reviewer is generally negative in his/her reviews. He/she found the episode boring? I am shocked,  Thank God Netizens do not feel the same, as we see from the huge increase in ratings.

Doctors

Reveal hidden contents

ll3.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-07-04%2Bat%2B5.11.0

Xports News - Naver: 'Doctors', Kim Rae Won ♥ Park Shin Hye's romance, yes no matter what 

1. [+9,337, -111] Kim Rae Won's casting is the work of god... Doc Ji Hong is a character that's made for Kim Rae Won. Can't believe he sweetly called her "bad gijibae". I love his assertiveness ㅜㅜ ♥ The preview ㅜㅜ I wonder what that behavior he's talking about ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ Ah I love it

2. [+7,607, -77] "It seems complicated over here. Then, I'll go out" -Moohyul

3. [+5,811, -87] Kim Rae Won is really heaven sentㅡㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+5,381, -72] Ah!!!!!My dating cells are awake!!!! Kim Rae Won gives me butterflies ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+4,260, -92] I really like Kim Rae Won's voice ~~

6. [+1,622, -12] Yoon Doㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Puts his two hands down as soon as he saw the knife and said he wants to go out ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I totally get what kind of character he is ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+1,504, -12] Why are there so many guys around Park Shin Hye? ㅋㅋKim Rae Won, Yoon Kyun Sang, Lee Ki Woo, Kim Min Seok plus the gas barrel delivery boy. It's a love pentagon ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+1,458, -9] Yoon Kyun Sang's so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ There's this heodangness to him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Sports Seoul - Nate: 'Doctors', Park Shin Hye ♥ Kim Rae Won, first of their love line's countless troubles 

1. [+685, -33] Writer-nim, please concentrate on the two leads!!!! Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won's scenes are the best. Concentrate on those two!!!

2. [+603, -48] Park Shin Hye is really pretty. The dignity of a natural beauty

3. [+554, -34] She's not stabbed in the end, isn't she? ㅜㅜ Park Shin Hye's so cool in this drama, I'm a woman but I'm gonna fall for her.

4. [+84, -3] Meanwhile, Park Shin Hye and Lee Ki Woo's chemistry is growing on me. We're only at episode 5 but it looks like a hot mess already- from the swoony, assertive male lead, to the geumsappa secondary lead and the stabbing in the end (tn: geumsappa=  person who easily falls in love)

5. [+82, -7] Lee Sung Kyung is a doctor, she should tone down her makeup

Reveal hidden contents

gj.jpg

Sports Chosun - Naver: 'Doctors',  "Bad gijibae"...Kim Rae Won 'sly+swoony', deadly ajae fatale (tn: ajae = ahjussi)
1. [+4,946, -75] Kim Rae Won is doing wonders ㅎㅎㅎ

2. [+4,035, -57] His acting is superior, he makes the heart flutter even with those immature lines ♡♡♡♡♡ You stole my heart Doc Hong-♡♡

3. [+3,709, -60] His smile is always so pretty, I'm surprised. He suits bright roles like this

4. [+2,734, -99] But he's not an ajae...

5. [+2,261, -42] Kim Rae Won ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Park Shin Hye ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

6. [+754, -22] Ajae?... If you're handsome, you're an oppa

source

@willenette, yes, he lent his voice to several of his projects, aside from Insadong Scandal (which you have mentioned). Unfortunately,  many of the old videos were deleted from YT. I feel sad about that. :(

1.  Sunflower   (starting from this one, since we just spoke about this film)

2.   Gourmet

3. My Little Bride, I do not know if this song was officially part of the OST, but he sand it in the kareoke scene. This version is from a fan meeting

irilight, thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for sharing this info - I didn't know that he sang some of the songs in these movies & drama. Although, I have the main tracks of them here in my ipod. :P

• Like 4

15 hours ago, maria1983 said:

Life is short ...enjoy things you love :)

@maria1983, another pearl of wisdom, my friend..   :wub:

Seems that more people now want to know about Kim Rae-Won. This article traces his various roles. I am only posting the photos, since it is in Korean. Below is a walk down memory-lane.
We even have a rookie blond star...

20160705161943_1_99_20160705181204.jpg?t

18 years old

20160705161943_2_99_20160705181204.jpg?t

Life is Beautiful with Ha Ji Won  (2001)

20160705161943_4_99_20160705181204.jpg?t

Attic Cat with Jeong Da-Bin (2003)

20160705161943_5_99_20160705181204.jpg?t

My Little Bride with Moon Geun-Young (2004)

20160705161943_6_99_20160705181204.jpg?t

Sunflower  - 2006

20160705161943_8_99_20160705181204.jpg?t

A Thousand Days Promise with Soo Ae

20160705161943_10_99_20160705181204.jpg?

And 2016 press conf. for Doctors

20160705162230_12_99_20160705181204.jpg?

Too bad they did not include Gourmet

source

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, irilight said:

@maria1983, another pearl of wisdom, my friend..   :wub:

Seems that more people now want to know about Kim Rae-Won. This article traces his various roles. I am only posting the photos, since it is in Korean. Below is a walk down memory-lane.

18 years old

Life is Beautiful with Ha Ji Won  (2001)

Attic Cat with Jeong Da-Bin (2003)

My Little Bride with Moon Geun-Young (2004)

Sunflower  - 2006

A Thousand Days Promise

And 2016 press conf. for Doctors

Too bad they did not include Gourmet

source

irilight, I've seen all of the above you posted except "Life is Beautiful" - :P Thanks for sharing the photos.....

• Like 3

He's so adorable with blonde hair :) Thank you , irilight !!! Maybe at some point we will have even the translation in english of the article . 

And not only that seams to reach the same level of fame before army period ... but also sems to look the same  :)))))

Amazing actor :) Amazing smile :) And because of his smile and eyes i believe he's an amazing person also . :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, irilight said:

I agree with you, Irilight with Thanks for another of Gorgeously HOT Raewon piics....during years 1999-2000 is my most favorite Raewon ....... School2, Harpy and Plum B

20160705161943_1_99_20160705181204.jpg?t

Maybe  @ploy1234 or @maria1983 can help with more.

unfortunately maria1983, I just close my account on youtube two-three months ago and I will re-share it again, please WAIT. .

• Like 4