Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

14 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi maria I also love that movie. I'm sure that the main appeal of “Sunflower” is undoubtedly the star presence of Kim Rae Won in the movie. It's a little gangster movie but the plot is original.  I guess its simplicity makes the movie's strengths stand out that's why, it manages to win over the audience. My only complaint was the movie starts off rather slow.  However, from the 2nd half onwards the movie becomes more and more serious in tone.  The dramatic moments were convincing, though

Hello ,

I remember when i saw "sunflower" first time and when all his enemies talked about how he became a beast when he's drunk ... was like all the movie and all that happened before the final act prepared you FOR THAT MOMENT .  And even if violence is not good at all you say in the final ; OOOH , YES !!! Because he really tried to become a good person , and they didn't let him . :(

and the music ... :((((

Thanks for the raitings . What do you , guys , think ? Today 'Doctors" will have an even more high percentage  today ? :)

• Like 4

Talking about Sunflower, I have no idea how many times me and my sister had watched that movie.  It's my favorite KRW movie.  His acting in there was superb on spot. He totally changed my views on actors acting bad lol he really nailed it. No one has topped that in my books yet till this day.  My sis and I use to rewind and watch over and over the scene towards the end when he walks in on all the other thugs full of emotions partly crying and threatening them bc they killed his mom than he beats them all up lol. His acting there was so top notch we just couldn't get enough of it lol.

I use to secretly think about marrying him lol. #fangirldreams

And after he mentioned in an interview that if you watch plum blossom you'll see his butt, I searched it and watched right away lmao. :P

• Like 6

1 hour ago, maria1983 said:

Hello ,

I remember when i saw "sunflower" first time and when all his enemies talked about how he became a beast when he's drunk ... was like all the movie and all that happened before the final act prepared you FOR THAT MOMENT .  And even if violence is not good at all you say in the final ; OOOH , YES !!! Because he really tried to become a good person , and they didn't let him . :(

Thanks for the raitings . What do you , guys , think ? Today 'Doctors" will have an even more high percentage  today ? :)

maria, I also love the theme song. Actually, I have the song stored in my ipod so, I get to listen to it from time to time, whenever I want to. I hope the EP tonight will have a good ratings, an increase from the previous........why not? :P

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, willenette said:

maria, I also love the theme song. Actually, I have the song stored in my ipod so, I get to listen to it from time to time, whenever I want to. I hope the EP tonight will have a good ratings, an increase from the previous........why not? :P

Oh , nice . :) good soundtrack .

I will say 0,2 % more for tonight episode that the one from last  Tuesday .  :D 

• Like 2

Just now, willenette said:

maria, hahaha - I hope you have an "angel's tongue" - Wait & see.......... :P

HAHAHAHA  Yes , we will see ...but seems that this drama with each episode became more watched :)

so , for me 0,2% more tonight . if anybody else wants to say different score ...  hahahaha

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, yongpal said:

Is he holding her hand?? :wub:

Cr: Soompi Doctors Thread & Doctors PD Note for the awesome pics! 

Wow , once again thanks , yongpal :) and thanks to Soompi Doctors Thread & Doctors

Really amazing pictures :)

Yes , seams that he's holding her hand ...or they are both holding hands ... :wub::wub:

And i love colors they are dressed . Verry compatibles ...if i can say that :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kelly86 said:

I use to secretly think about marrying him lol. #fangirldreams

So well and beautiful described . :) Very good in "Sunflower"Our Sweet Sweet Prince :) 

well ... you don't have this desire anymore ? :)))

• Like 3

oh wow! all these talks about Punch & Sunflower are luring me into my weekend marathon. Nowadays, I only have Doctors to watch so I'll give Punch a try. Due to Doctors, i'm kinda reminded of my first love for KRW :) MLP is classic :wub:

Just to share some unforgettable KRW moments, me & my little sister, after watching Love Story in Harvard, were so excited to see him in any video. So we go to a computer shop & search him in YT. We squeal in delight until we came across his pictures of attic cat, you know when he's in his prettiest :lol: and with all these hilarious expressions. We can't help but laugh at his funny photos and had stomach cramps. Because we can't still ourselves while laughing, i unintenionally kicked the CPU's on & off button. We said sorry to the computer personnel but his eyes are darting to our direction. We're so embarrassed and took our leave while we're still bursting at KRW's image like this one :lol::D

Spoiler

attic-cat4.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

oh wow! all these talks about Punch & Sunflower are luring me into my weekend marathon. Nowadays, I only have Doctors to watch so I'll give Punch a try. Due to Doctors, i'm kinda reminded of my first love for KRW :) MLP is classic :wub:

Just to share some unforgettable KRW moments, me & my little sister, after watching Love Story in Harvard, were so excited to see him in any video. So we go to a computer shop & search him in YT. We squeal in delight until we came across his pictures of attic cat, you know when he's in his prettiest :lol: and with all these hilarious expressions. We can't help but laugh at his funny photos and had stomach cramps. Because we can't still ourselves while laughing, i unintenionally kicked the CPU's on & off button. We said sorry to the computer personnel but his eyes are darting to our direction. We're so embarrassed and took our leave while we're still bursting at KRW's image like this one :lol::D

Hide contents

hello , hello , rory . you made me laugh with tears . Ooh , yes , "love story in harvard" , "attic cat " ...  omg , i believe i adore every .. every rol this wonderful actor ever had  .. :D  i believe has to do with the fact that he's believable in any  circumstance  when he's in love ,  when he''s sad , happy , mad ...  I remember him in love story ... when he kiss the girl in the bathroom hahaha was so cute . 

• Like 3

@maria1983 well, I'm way older now fantasies are a thing in the pass haha. I fell for him during my teen years lol I'm now in my late 20s lmao. Ofc given the chance he's perfect hubby material but yes.

Attic cat was the drama I watched every summer during my college years lol like literally every summer. Its enjoyable. Plus how he studied hardcore there help motivate me lol. My bf at the time hated KRW since he was my laptop back drop forever. ;)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kelly86 said:

@maria1983 My bf at the time hated KRW since he was my laptop back drop forever. ;)

hahahahaha Poor guy . 

You have such a beautiful age . Actually all the ages are beautiful . I really  believe this .

Little time till episode 5 . Let's see if the love story increase ... :D:wub:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, maria1983 said:

last time i read something about KRW love life  was  when he said that he was trying to have a relation with a girl who was not a actress , was working in a office

@maria1983, yes sis. That is my recollection too.!

12 hours ago, maria1983 said:

with all his dramas and  movies the most impressed by his acting i was in SUNFLOWER . In that movie ... omg , omg ... i don't know why ?????? 

10 hours ago, willenette said:

I also love that movie. I'm sure that the main appeal of “Sunflower” is undoubtedly the star presence of Kim Rae Won in the movie. It's a little gangster movie but the plot is original.  I guess its simplicity makes the movie's strengths stand out that's why, it manages to win over the audience.

9 hours ago, Kelly86 said:

Talking about Sunflower, I have no idea how many times me and my sister had watched that movie.  It's my favorite KRW movie.  His acting in there was superb on spot. He totally changed my views on actors acting bad lol he really nailed it. No one has topped that in my books yet till this day.  My sis and I use to rewind and watch over and over the scene towards the end when he walks in on all the other thugs full of emotions partly crying and threatening them bc they killed his mom than he beats them all up lol. His acting there was so top notch we just couldn't get enough of it

@maria1983, @Kelly86,  I agree with you both. His character was so well layered in "Sunflower," and he portrayed him with all his internal turmoils beautifully. @willenette, yes- the plot was original. It was a gangster movie that touched our hearts.  I think in Sunflower, as well as his other "tough guy" movies and drama (excluding Gangnam, because I have not watched it yet...) there is a core of goodness and heartness below the tough veneer, and that is why we can related to his characters and love them.   And yes.. the music. I love that he sings some of the OST to his drama and movies.  I wonder if he will sing for Doctors... Or maybe even have a duet with Park Shin-Hye:wub:

11 hours ago, yongpal said:

He may not possess the flower-boy image that seems to be current trend in the Kdrama industry but he will definitely kill you w/ his acting skills and charm.. That makes him more handsome and stand out. :D

Funny you said that, @yongpal. I think, because he was my introduction to Kdrama (and movies), he was the first Korean actor I ever saw. I thought he was so gorgeous. I thought the sun god has just descended to earth  :). Now, that I have seen other actors and flower-boy actors, I can related to your statement very well. :wub:

11 hours ago, yongpal said:

I'll post more amazing photos of him here as much as I can. :)

oooooh.. Thank you, @yongpal  happy-eggy-emoticon.gif?1302821234

Today is a new episode ...so i am sure lots of new "good stuff"s waiting for us :)

I am really curious if we will receive more love today

I have not had a chance to watch the episode yet. Waiting eagerly...

@willenette, I love that you bring us the weekly ratings report; Thank you.  I hope this week we will see an increase in ratings.

@yongpal, thank you very much for the amazing large photos. Can't get enough of those.... :wub:

8 hours ago, maria1983 said:

And i love colors they are dressed . Verry compatibles ...if i can say that :)

Yes, I feel the same @maria1983. Esp. the top photos. They are both in earth-tone colors. Is that a reflection on their down-to-earth characters?

Below is one more from that scene... with his gorgeous smile... :wub:

CmhenC8VUAAYLfA.jpg

8 hours ago, maria1983 said:

well ... you don't have this desire anymore ? :)))

@Kelly86, @maria1983, I think we all had fangirlsdreams like that.....

10 hours ago, Kelly86 said:

And after he mentioned in an interview that if you watch plum blossom you'll see his butt, I searched it and watched right away lmao. :P

@Kelly86, I thought Plum Blossom was such a sensitive coming of age movie from young boys point of view, and the beautiful Bromance. It touched my heart deeply. And it was visually beautiful too.  On a side note, interesting that the other part of the Bromance, actor Kim Jung-Hyun ended up playing some villain roles so well (i.e. Queen Seondeok, Empress Ki.) Bae Doo-Na as the leading lady did a fine job too. I have to say, Kim Rae-Won has been blessed with wonderful leading ladies, for the most part.

Below is a nice video of Plum Blossom, that gives the viewer a flavor of it.

7 hours ago, rori0711 said:

Oh, have fun with the marathon @rori0711.  MLP was so wonderful. In some respects,  his character in MLP was most similar to his character in Attic Cat. It has the same element of playfulness and mischievousness.  I love your story of looking him up and turning the computer off by mistake... and that pained photo. :D

7 hours ago, maria1983 said:

i believe i adore every .. every rol this wonderful actor ever had  .. :D  i believe has to do with the fact that he's believable in any  circumstance  when he's in love ,  when he''s sad , happy , mad ...  I remember him in love story ... when he kiss the girl in the bathroom hahaha was so cute . 

@maria1983, makes me want to go and re-watch some of these.  Two of my memorable scenes in Love Story were the touchdown kiss, and later in the mock court when he yelled at her "You Stinking Yellow richard simmons..." - everyone's heart stopped. He certainly made that point.

5 hours ago, Kelly86 said:

Attic cat was the drama I watched every summer during my college years lol like literally every summer. Its enjoyable. Plus how he studied hardcore there help motivate me lol. My bf at the time hated KRW since he was my laptop back drop forever. ;)

oh.. that is so sweet and funny at the same time... :wub:

Did he get into riding a  motorcycle because he thinks PSH's character likes motorcycle?   (She has disappeared from his life before, riding on a motorcycle...)

CmQ3emTUcAA_UFP.jpg

Happy viewing ep. 5... So hwaiting for it... 

• Like 2

@maria1983, hehe. Thank God we can continue to love him like that, even when we are married, right?  :wub:

oh.. since we are talking about "Sunflower" movie, I want to share this movie review

Sunflower (2006) Movie Review

sunflower2.gif

The popularity of the melodramatic gangster film continues unabated in Korean cinema with “Sunflower”, the latest effort from director Kang Seok Beom, previously responsible for the comedy “Mr. Handy”. The main appeal of “Sunflower” is undoubtedly the star presence of popular actor Kim Rae Won, a key figure in the recent Korean wave who featured in the likes of “My Little Bride” and several hit television series.

The plot begins with gangster Tae Sik (Kim, who also played a criminal in the excellent “Mr Socrates”) recently released from prison, and heading back to his hometown to live in a small restaurant with an adopted mother who has taken him under her wing. Desperate to leave his past behind, he takes a job in a local garage and tries his best to live quietly and away from the attention of the local gangs, most of whom still live in fear of his reputation for brutality. Unfortunately, his best efforts are threatened by the actions of a particularly unpleasant local politician who wants to knock the restaurant down to make way for his new shopping mall. Sure enough, Tae Sik soon finds himself battling against the demons of his past in a very real and painful fashion as he struggles to avoid returning to his previous life of violence.

photo25338.jpg

Since the film revolves almost entirely around his character, it is fortunate that Tae Sik is a fully fleshed out and interesting figure, particularly during the early stages when, having no real prior frame of reference to his past behaviour, it comes as a shock to the viewer to see his extensive tattooing. Although it is initially difficult to associate such a meek and unassuming man with the murderous violence of which he has apparently been capable, Kim’s multilayered performance does a good job of providing subtle hints of his internal turmoil and the viciousness lurking beneath his timid exterior. This provides the film with a heartfelt emotional core, something which helps to overcome the inherent predictability of the plot, with the final showdown having been clearly marked from the opening scene.

The rest of the supporting characters are all reasonably well drawn, with Tae Sik’s adoptive family providing solid enough ground for the inevitable melodrama which pours in during the final act, during which director Kang does treat them with some surprising ruthlessness. The only weak link comes in the form of Kim Byeong Ok’s villain, who is needlessly evil throughout, constantly pushing the protagonist as if keen to see him explode, even after things seem to be going his way. This does provide some amusement during the latter stages, when he at least has the decency to confess in a rare moment of insight that, “I should have known this would happen.”

photo25348.jpg

Thematically, the film acts like a checklist of the usual gangster film motifs, covering corruption, betrayal and the adverse affects of violence, though it does at least steer away from any glamorisation of the criminal life, with most of the characters being depicted as a cowardly lot. As the true nature of Tae Sik’s relationship with his surrogate mother is revealed, the film does explore some potentially more interesting territory. Unfortunately this emerges a little too late in the proceedings to add more than a sprinkling of psychological intrigue.

To be fair, “Sunflower” does tackle some slightly different ground in comparison to other efforts with virtually identical plots, with Tae Sik’s journey being one of repentance rather than redemption. The recurring notebook motif works quite well in this regard, underlining his character’s determination to make amends and fit in with decent society, something which of course is lent a tragic air given that the viewer is constantly aware that his hopes are all too likely to be dashed.

photo25349.jpg

Kang’s direction is solid, if unremarkable, though he does manage to give the film a generally polished look, and keeps things moving along at a reasonable pace, throwing in the odd burst of violence whenever things start to flag. His past experience as a director of comedy films shows through in places, adding a welcome touch of humour to the funny scenes which play upon Sik’s embarrassment at his tattoos and the fact that his fellow gangsters are clearly terrified of him, and seem to expect him to attack them at any moment.

This somewhat light-hearted approach to the subject matter does win “Sunflower” a few points for vague originality, though it is the film’s success as a genuinely believable and intimate character based drama which arguably provides its real strength. As such, whilst it is easy enough to berate the film for its glaring lack of originality and ambition, Kang certainly achieves his modest aims in producing a moving, engrossing and painfully human story which should more than satisfy fans of the form.

Seok-beom Kang (director) / Seok-beom Kang, Min-ho Song (screenplay)
CAST: Jeong-su Han, In-jae Heo, Eun-pyo Jeong, Dae-han Ji, Seok-beom Kang, Byeong-ok Kim, Hae-suk Kim, Jeong-tae Kim
Rae-won Kim … Tae-shik
Eun-hye Park … Cameo

photo25350.jpg

Source: Beyond Hollywood

movie_image.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you for the review , irilight :D Really a very good movie . Even his body posture is different in that movie .

I remember that i cried a river in the final act of the movie :tears:

And YES , we want him to sing in " Doctors " 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maria1983 said:

I remember that i cried a river in the final act of the movie :tears:

And YES , we want him to sing in " Doctors " 

@maria1983, me too.. cried a bunch....
And yes, I also want him to sing in Doctors. Would love it if they have a duet.   

Good news everyone, Doctors episode today - nice increase in ratings.    woohoo! jumping emoticon

SBS #3 Doctors Episode 5 – 18.4% (+ 2.8%) | Seoul #3 20.2% (+ 2.2%)

MBC #8 Monster Episode 29 – 11.1% (—) | Seoul #6 12.2% (+ 0.3%)

KBS2 A Beautiful Mind Episode 5 – 3.5% (- 1%)

source

Also, Doctors is featured in today's segment of Showbiz Korea.

Showbiz Korea Weekend(Ep.282) Park Shin-hye, Kim Rae-won, Oh Min-suk, KIM BO RA, Luna

• Like 5

Hi Raewoners....It has english sub now....ENJOY

http://www.dramalove.tv/drama/doctors/d-episode-5/

"Doctors" sets another record 18.4%

78856627.1.jpg

SBS drama "Doctors" widened the cap with its competitors.

According to Nielsen Korea, "Doctors" on the 4th rated 18.4%. This is 2.8% more than the previous episode.

The gap between "Doctors" and MBC "Monster - 2016" is 7.3%. MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 11.1% and KBS 2TV "Beautiful Mind" dropped by 1.0% and rated 3.5%.

Meanwhile, Hong Ji-hong (Kim Rae-won) expressed how he felt for Yoo Hye-jeong (Park Shin-hye).

http://www.hancinema.net/doctors-sets-another-record-18-4percent-96322.html

• Like 5

Hi Irilight....thanks for u updated, this drama is awesome that why it has a good rating 

and every episodes make me curious to the next .

Episode 6 English sub preview

http://couch-kimchi.com/2016/07/04/doctors-episode-6-preview-with-english-subs/

Doctors: Saving Grace

doctors_korean_drama-p1.jpg

This drama is everything I wanted and more. For once, I get to see Park Shin Hye play a character different from her previous roles. Here, she is a delinquent who gets a chance to change her future because she met the right kind of teacher. She plays Hye-Jung, a young adult who lived aimlessly and fought often. She lost her mother at a young age and her father abandons her to her grandmother because he feels like he can’t deal with her unruliness. Hye-Jung ends up transferring to a rural school.   At first, she does not even want to attend and uses the money her grandmother gave her to go clubbing. However, her grandmother showed her patience and love which slowly motivated her to go to school. Before even registering at the school, she butts heads with her homeroom teacher, Hong Ji-Hong. He believed her to be a delinquent and did not want to be bothered with her. Unfortunately, he is her next door neighbor and its a small town. However, they slowly warm up to each other after they manage a emergency situation together. A pregnant woman had passed out on the street which spurred Hong into action immediately. He was originally a surgeon who due to a tragic table death, decided to become a teacher instead. Through his quick actions, he was able to save the lady. This gave Hye-Jung the motivation to change her way of life and decide to become a doctor as well. She begins making friends at school, including the cute daughter of the principle, and top student Seo Woo. Seo Woo was the daughter of a hospital vice-president and had her future path decided as a hopeful inheritor of the hospital. She studied well and ended up tutoring Hye-Jung. Hye-Jung, who had a high IQ, grasped concepts quickly and ended up getting scores even higher than Seo Woo. Teacher Hong was impressed by her development and became like a mentor to Hye-Jung. Seo Woo, who had a crush on Teacher Hong became extremely jealous and began to spread rumors about the two having a unsavory relationship. This situation heated up to the point where the board of teachers became involved. Hye-Jung tried to convince Seo Woo to drop the case, but the situation only became worse.

Wow, wow, wow. I found that Park Shin Hye did not use a stunt double for all her fighting scenes which really impressed me. Her choreography looked very realistic and the character’s personality is very different than her roles before. She plays prickly, broody, and badass surprisingly well when I previously only saw her in squeaky Candy type roles. Mix in a gangster like Ji Soo who tries to pursue to Hye Jung (who, by the way, refuses to even acknowledge him) is even more fun. It is great seeing her try to be her own person and not taking any nonsense from someone else. While the age gap of Teacher Hong and Hye Jung may feel a little squicky right now, I feel like it will feel more comfortable when the drama transitions into their older roles. They have an nice mentor like relationship going on right now. As for Lee Sung Kyung as Seo Woo, I enjoy her non-crazy like character and how she is playing the calm and collected top student in her school.Overall, I am very interested in this drama and hope to see the high school part be played out longer.

https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2016/07/03/doctors-saving-grace/

• Like 4