Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

Hello dear Raewoners... :wub:   Today is the day! 

Thank you so much @yumenas for Kim Rae Won "SBS resume..."   I love it....!    Makes me remember Love Story in Harvard.. That mock trial.. Loved it.

On 6/18/2016 at 4:04 AM, peanuts281 said:

I saw other ones saying something similar in the Doctors thread, apologizing about posting texts and comments only.and I saw other ones saying something similar in the Doctors thread, apologizing about posting texts and comments only.

I try to post something visual too sometimes, but it takes such a long time posting it here. I have to wait several minutes before it is uploaded. Do you all have that same problem?

I also already gave up trying to follow the Doctors thread. Back-reading several pages takes soooo much time, which I don't always have.

Dear @peanuts281.  I hope you won't be so hard on yourself. Personally I think POV, comments, that enliven the conversation is at least just as important as published materials.

Regarding photos that take time to upload, I think it is a function of both the size of the photo and also your internet connection (how fast it is). Larger photos take longer to upload, and you can always resize your photos, even as you post them here on Soompi. Here is how:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uaz1bNzZ4LCrHQwam-0mHLMdw_0-pPVjbOdFWDCYBPE/edit?pli=1#heading=h.mjuzsd6sjuj6

Doctors thread is a tough one to come up with anything new.  Sometimes I see an article that was just published maybe 5 min. before and it is already on that thread.
Also, I suggest to just do  what you can. No one said you have to go back and read all the pages. Just do what you want for yourself. I know it gets crazy trying to keep up with very active threads such as Doctors. When you want to take a look there, it is perfectly OK to look what's there now, and comment on it, if you wish - without catching up on it so many pages. No one says that one needs to read back every single page.

This Soompi platform, is for us to enjoy. That's worth remembering.

I can't wait to see those scenes that KRW referred to as "cheesy...  :wub:.   They are probably very romantic, and we have wanted to see him in romantic drama for a long time.  And thank you for the reminder that we will have the two movies after the drama. Yes. First ep. in 30 minutes  :)

@ploy1234, thank you for the photos and article... so wonderful....  Seeing him in surgeons outfit somehow makes it more real in my mind..

@only*rae won*... Love our OTP... They look so perfect together.

@peanuts281 thank you for screencaps of our OTP. You are right. Rae Won is funny

Welcome to Kim Rae-Won thread @kate_USAwelcome-0005a.gif     Thank you much for the OST and the article. We are so lucky that KRW decided to be an actor....!

@willenette,   10 more minutes....!   Excited with you to see him in a warm loving character again!

I think also, that Lee Sung-Kyung character is going to have a crush on Kim Rae-Won's character - at least in high school time.

Ck-2MYLVAAAzWOd.jpg

ClWb0ynUoAIJvKl.jpg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, only*rae won* said:

AWWWW ~~ They are really such a Perfect Match Couple~~ 

*Update of Park Shin Hye instagram

아시죠?! 오늘 닥터스 첫방!!! 밤 10시에 만나요!!!

Doctors first on air today!!! See you at 10

dear Only RaeWon....he' finally back to me since Which Star are You from.  I like his Character in this drama.....SMILE with him during watched the first eps.....hee hee

he's really good in portraying to all kind of Characters and i never stop to loving him.

web_2040505781_2d84fa99dc.jpg

web_2040505781_cad095addc.jpg

web_2040505781_e8087dd8dc.jpg

gal.dcinside

• Like 5

thank you @irilight for pointing those things out. I will try to remember to enjoy :) it would be a good motto

that side profile picture is gorgeous indeed!

first ep already passed. I hope viewers liked it and will continue to watch

(where is maria1983? I hope she didn't faint already after first ep)

• Like 3

"Doctors" off to great start, huge gap with "Beautiful Mind"

photo737021.jpg

"Doctors" seized the chance to win.

According to Nielsen Korea, the new SBS drama "Doctors" rated 12.9%. It has created a wide gap compared to the new KBS 2TV drama "Beautiful Mind" which rated 4.1%.

"Doctors" and "Beautiful Mind" take place in a hospital and are both medical dramas but have different stories. However, the victory of the first episode goes to "Doctors".

Meanwhile, MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 9.7%.

source

Well, we are up for a great start.....!   baby banana smiley

Thank you @ploy1234 for great screen caps.

@peanuts281, I am also wondering where @maria1983 is. Missing her.  Looks viewers liked what they saw... And wondering if @willenette also had a chance to watch it yet.

Going to watch subbed ep. now.

• Like 5

On 6/20/2016 at 4:30 AM, peanuts281 said:

thank you @ploy1234 for all the articles! in South Korea it's already 20th June, D-Day! Doctors, Fighting!

uri Prince's expressions, haha, so funny.

Cute of him, playing with camera as always.....SMILE

thanks Kate_USA ....'No Way'  i love this song....BEAUTIFUL

You are everything in my life

You are the only one

You're my you're my love

• Like 4

3 hours ago, irilight said:

According to Nielsen Korea, the new SBS drama "Doctors" rated 12.9%. It has created a wide gap compared to the new KBS 2TV drama "Beautiful Mind" which rated 4.1%.

"Doctors" and "Beautiful Mind" take place in a hospital and are both medical dramas but have different stories. However, the victory of the first episode goes to "Doctors".

source

@peanuts281, I am also wondering where @maria1983 is. Missing her.  Looks viewers liked what they saw... And wondering if @willenette also had a chance to watch it yet.

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. This is a "safe" rating percentage. I hope it will still increase as the EP progresses.  Ye, I was able to watch the pilot EP & looks so good so far. I just hope I could be able to watch it continuously in the coming days since I always lack time because I'm busy with work. That's why, I always buy DVD copies of those dramas I love so I could have a copy of my own. :P

• Like 4

4 hours ago, irilight said:

photo737021.jpg

source

i just finished watching first episode with eng sub in youtube, and can't wait to watch ep. 2:blush:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, izzie90 said:

i just finished watching first episode with eng sub in youtube, and can't wait to watch ep. 2:blush:

Hi izzie90, I hope you like the pilot EP.....via YT. :P

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Doctors" Episode 1

photo737123.jpg

Hye-jeong (played by Park Sin-hye) is a doctor who plays by the rules, which she enforces violently when necessary. Right away "Doctors" makes a point of messing around with expectations. Watching the first scene I could visualize director Oh Choong-hwan and writer Ha Myeong-hee in a room together, coming up with new unusual ways to make Park Sin-hye surprising. Let's make her look old. Also let's make her a juveile delinquent, with action scenes. And most importantly of all, let's make her love interest Ji-hong (played by Kim Rae-won) an antagonistic presence.

The whole "looking old" thing is more significant that it may sound. After "Doctors" quickly drops us into flashback land, the main overriding feeling of the Ji-hong's school is that all the students look old. This is not merely because, as usual, these are actresses in their twenties pretending to be high school students. Rather, they also pretend to be adults by wearing makeup, trying on sexy clothes and getting into fights.

Hye-jeong defies this, not because she necessarily dislikes doing any of those three things, but because she's a standard rebel without a cause. Hye-jeong has exhausted pretty much all of her parental goodwill, yet even after a big tearful cry shows no indication of changing her bad habits. What's especially funny about all of this is that Hye-jeong is indisputably the same doctor we saw in the opening scene who effectively lays down the law with a bunch of grown-up gangsters.

It's unquestionable at this point that Ji-hong is the key to whatever personal transformation will be necessary to allow Hye-jeong to use her powers for medical good rather than adolescent rebellion. To date he hasn't actually been all that successful in this goal, but what I like about Ji-hong is that he's a good teacher. The man does not know when to quit or give up however foolish he may look in the process.

So far "Doctors" is more of a case of great expectations. We're given an endpoint, and the main source of amusement is guessing how we're going to arrive at that endpoint from Hye-jeong's currently unruly teenage years. There hasn't really been any serious discussion of medicine so far- just notation indicating that Ji-hong knows a lot about physiology from books and Ji-hong knows a lot about physiology from punching people. And sooner or later, somehow or other, these two are going to get together and fight...sickness.

Review by William Schwartz

"Doctors" is directed by Oh Choong-hwan, written by Ha Myeong-hee and features Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, Lee Seong-kyeong, Yoon Gyoon-sang, Kim Yeong-ae and Ji Soo

Watch on DramaFever

Episode 1

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 4

On 6/20/2016 at 1:20 PM, kate_USA said:

Kim Rae Won Reveals He Almost Picked An Entirely Different Career Path

In an interview with an overseas media, Kim Rae Won admitted that he once considered taking a very different career path.

Kim Rae Won participated in the production presentation for the upcoming SBS drama “Doctors” on June 15, where an overseas reporter asked him if there were any other careers he considered before entering the entertainment world. Kim Rae Won replied, “I did also consider studying medicine once. There are a lot of doctors in my family, so if I hadn’t become an actor, I probably would have become a doctor.”

The response is especially fitting, as the actor’s role in “Doctors” is that of a neurosurgeon. A producer for the drama stated, “Kim Rae Won’s resolute and logical image was an excellent match for the character Ji Hong.”

When asked about what kind of roles he’d like to try, Kim Rae Won responded, “I was once cast as a disabled child, but the situation didn’t work out so I wasn’t able to go through with it. I’d definitely like to try that kind of role, so that I can grow as an actor.”

“Doctors” is about a rebellious young woman (played by Park Shin Hye) who studied to become a doctor under the guidance of her mentor (played by Kim Rae Won). The drama is set to premiere on June 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

Hi kate_USA, thanks for sharing this here.  Surprisingly, his alternate career seems rather fitting.  About the kind of role he would like to try in the future, it would be rather interesting to see him in such a challenging role, don't you think? :P

• Like 1

*** This is the reason why KRW's unassuming ways endeared him to many............. :P

June 21, 2016

Park Shin-hye compliments Kim Rae-won

Actress Park Shin-hye said costar Kim Rae-won was forthright and unassuming, using Korean word “dambaek,” in a live smartphone broadcast on Monday.

(Park Shin-hye's Instagram)

The Korean adjective is used to describe a person’s clean and light mindset or a dish that has just the right amount of flavor.

Park and Kim are the main stars of the new TV drama “Doctors” which premiered Monday.

In the first episode of the show, Park played a rebellious teen and Kim her new teacher.

“Doctors” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. on channel SBS.

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this. This is a "safe" rating percentage. I hope it will still increase as the EP progresses.  Ye, I was able to watch the pilot EP & looks so good so far. I just hope I could be able to watch it continuously in the coming days since I always lack time because I'm busy with work. That's why, I always buy DVD copies of those dramas I love so I could have a copy of my own. :P

@willenette, I think/hope ratings will increase. Still I am very pleased they broke through double digit in first episode.
Yes, I also buy all of KRW's drama/movies. But I love to watch it as it airs too...

9 hours ago, willenette said:

It's unquestionable at this point that Ji-hong is the key to whatever personal transformation will be necessary to allow Hye-jeong to use her powers for medical good rather than adolescent rebellion. To date he hasn't actually been all that successful in this goal, but what I like about Ji-hong is that he's a good teacher. The man does not know when to quit or give up however foolish he may look in the process.

Also, thank you for the ep. 1 review.   It is a good review, and raises some interesting points, such as the adults playing kids - who play adults... And about . I love this last highlight about JH...:wub:. Indeed - he is a good teacher. He never quits on his students...

@ploy1234, I love how their mood matches in those "bicycle photos." the first one, both happy, excited for the ride (esp. her, since it was her surprise gift!), and the last one both of them contemplative, as they are waiting out the rain..

10 hours ago, izzie90 said:

@izzie90, wow. Good to know it has made it to YT too... :)    And welcome to Kim Rae Won Thread...   1684.gif
Great to have you here.  What did you think of the first episode?

In today's episode we see a beginning of a friendship, and a beginning of a rivalry..

Photo published for 이성경, 다정한 김래원·박신혜 모습에 ‘질투’

• Like 1

Hello dear Raewoners.. While we are waiting to for the subbed 2nd episode. Here is good news about the ratings

"Doctors" set new record of 14.2%

Spoiler

photo737484.jpg

The new SBS drama "Doctors" came in 1st place.

According to Nielsen Korea, SBS drama "Doctors" rated 14.2%. This is 1.3% more than the previous episode.

It set a new record and came in first out of three dramas on Monday and Tuesday.

MBC drama "Monster" came in second with 11.1% and KBS 2TV 4.5%.

Meanwhile, Yoo Hye-jeong (Park Shin-hye) was motivated by Hong Ji-jong (Kim Rae-won) who is a doctor.

source

• Like 1

"Doctors" set new record of 14.2%

The new SBS drama "Doctors" came in 1st place.

According to Nielsen Korea, SBS drama "Doctors" rated 14.2%. This is 1.3% more than the previous episode.

It set a new record and came in first out of three dramas on Monday and Tuesday.

MBC drama "Monster" came in second with 11.1% and KBS 2TV 4.5%.

Meanwhile, Yoo Hye-jeong (Park Shin-hye) was motivated by Hong Ji-jong (Kim Rae-won) who is a doctor.

Source : www.sportsseoul.com/n...

http://www.hancinema.net/doctors-set-new-record-of-14-2percent-95840.html

10 hours ago, irilight said:

I love how their mood matches in those "bicycle photos." the first one, both happy, excited for the ride (esp. her, since it was her surprise gift!), and the last one both of them contemplative, as they are waiting out the rain..

Dear Irlight.....this reminded me to LSIH...Kimraewon & Kimtaehee they made this scenes together....BEAUTIFUL

episode 3 preview look more interesting and I'm really looking forward to this one

• Like 5

9 hours ago, irilight said:

@willenette, I think/hope ratings will increase. Still I am very pleased they broke through double digit in first episode.
Yes, I also buy all of KRW's drama/movies. But I love to watch it as it airs too...

Also, thank you for the ep. 1 review.   It is a good review, and raises some interesting points, such as the adults playing kids - who play adults... And about . I love this last highlight about JH...:wub:. Indeed - he is a good teacher. He never quits on his students...

@ploy1234, I love how their mood matches in those "bicycle photos." the first one, both happy, excited for the ride (esp. her, since it was her surprise gift!), and the last one both of them contemplative, as they are waiting out the rain..

@izzie90, wow. Good to know it has made it to YT too... :)    And welcome to Kim Rae Won Thread...   1684.gif

In today's episode we see a beginning of a friendship, and a beginning of a rivalry..

Photo published for 이성경, 다정한 김래원·박신혜 모습에 ‘질투’

After watching first eps  and 2nd episode , i think the drama is very promising, the ratings is also good. I hope the story is more and more interesting until the end of episodes. :)

• Like 6

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Doctors" Episode 2

photo737521.jpg

As the first episode showed us who Hye-jeong was as a person, the second episode gives a powerful hint of who she could be, and what Hye-jeong is capable of given a genuine crisis situation. The entire medical emergency is tense and Hye-jeong, unrattled as she is thanks to her tough girl demeanor, quickly proves a worthy nurse to Ji-hong's medical administration. Ah, but the title of this drama is not "Nurses". but"Doctors", so Hye-jeong needs to get to work studying.

While Park Shin-hye has built most of her career as an actress by being cute and smiley, it's only in"Doctors" that she's able to make these expressions feel really substantial. Because we've seen Hye-jeong's generally bad attitude, the improvement when she starts to pursue an actual dream is that much more marked and impressive. Hye-jeong feels like she has a real purpose in life to fight for now, and that makes all the difference.

Seo-woo (played by Lee Seong-kyeong) also makes a strong appearance as the girl with an actual birthright for medicine who ends up helping Hye-jeong. Together with their bridge character, the clumsy Soon-hee (played by Moon Ji-in), the three girls demonstrate how friendship and common purpose are all essential elements to success. The eventual rift that grows between Hye-jeong and Seo-woo is all the harsher precisely because it's easy to see how teenage girls can fracture under pressure.

The main problem this episode is Ji-hong. Yes, he is very cool and effective in the crisis scene. But the way Hye-jong ascribes his performance as being her motivation to do better seems unfair. Ji-hong has little screen presence after the medical emergency and in fact explicitly rebuffs an opportunity to be Hye-jeong's study mentor. In an episode that shows off the strength of girl power, an undeveloped teacher/student romance just feels inappropriate.

And let's be honest. The relationship is inappropriate, at least as presented here. Ji-hong is a high school teacher. It's his job to make sure there isn't even a hint of impropriety. Seo-woo is right to feel insulted that Ji-hong would rebuff her while being openly flirty with Hye-jeong, and her eventual response to that situation is understandable even if it is wrong. Fortunately this wrinkle will disappear once the high school phase of"Doctors" is over, so all that's really left to focus on is the explicitly crazy cliffhanger. Which I don't even mind that much because so far, "Doctors" has been good enough to deserve it.

Review by William Schwartz

"Doctors" is directed by Oh Choong-hwan, written by Ha Myeong-hee and features Kim Rae-won, Park Shin-hye, Yoon Gyoon-sang, Lee Seong-kyeong, Kim Yeong-ae and Jeong Hae-gyoon.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-doctors-episode-2-95856.html

• Like 4

11 hours ago, irilight said:

Hi irilight, ye, I'm happy, too that this drama had a great start! BTW, I also love Eric's drama, with the same time slot - hahaha. :P

• Like 4

*** I enjoyed the 1st EP. The plot is quite good anyway. :P

[Drama Review] 'Doctors' - Episode 1

park-shin-hye-kim-rae-won_1466526916_af_

You've seen the press releases by now. If you haven't, the basics are that a lost teenager (with a planet-sized chip on her shoulder) becomes a doctor. This drama is her story. The players?

Spoiler

Park Shin Hye as Yoo Hye Jung
R6KbnwE.jpg

She's had a rough life. Of course, her thug-like behavior doesn't make it easy for anyone to tame the shrew. She's been dropped off at grandma's, and hopefully the elder will succeed where her father failed.

Kim Rae Won as Hong Ji Hong
ocIOWzX.jpg
Her new teacher has his work cut out him. His job (though he doesn't know it yet) is to take this intransigent teen and make a doctor out of her. He's ideal, in a way, as he was a doctor himself, and his ailing dad is the president of the local hospital.

Kim Young Ae as Mal Soon, Hye Jung's grandmother
JWP0Jpb.jpg
It falls to Mal Soon to try and get Hye Jung to shape up. Good luck with that. She used to be on the wrong side of the tracks herself -- a former prostitute. She knows what road Hye Jung's heading down.

Jang Hae Gyun as Yoo Min Ho - Hye Jung's father
qZJgCo9.jpg
He's given up, though according to Hye Jung he's not been a great father. After she gets expelled (despite his begging for more chances), he knows his last hope is Grandma. I'm willing to bet we won't see much of him anymore. 

Obviously there's more to it, but that can wait. There are fistfights, battles with two sets of girl gangsters, underage drinking, and the teacher's initial attempts to set this girl on the right path. There is a part at the beginning which obviously features her as the tough-as-nails doctor who opens a can of whoop-richard simmons on a bunch of thugs. I wonder if this flash-forward will be a regular thing?

First thoughts? This thing is action-packed. When she's not throwing punches, she's giving a merciless tongue-lashing to whoever's unlucky enough to encounter her. And the teacher?  To say he's unconventional is understating the point. When she insists she's not a student, he aggressively demands they date. Which gets her upset enough to admit that she is a student, natch -- his plan all along.

It's hilarious and exciting all at once. Now I literally can't wait for the next episode -- and that's tonight! Until next time, my readers.

Score

Plot........................9
Cinematography...9
Pacing...................9

OVERALL............9.0

source : allkpop

Spoiler

• Like 6

QUIZ: Can You Guess Which Of These Celebrities Are Older?

Do you ever look at a celebrity and wonder if they’ve found the elusive fountain of youth? I sure do. Some of these people just don’t age at the same pace that we earthly commoners do. It’s so unfair. *cries*

Test your knowledge and see if you can guess who’s older among these celebrities that all age like fine wine.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Which of these fantastic actors is older?

Which of these fantastic actors is older?

LINK here : http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/22/quiz-can-guess-celebrity-older/

• Like 5