[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest maashi

OMG

201405021351151131_1.jpg

IU to donate all the earnings of her 'Small Theater Solo Concert' for Sewol victims

IU is going to donate all the earnings of her comeback 'Small Theater Solo Concert' for the victims and families of Sewol tragedy.

Prior to her pending comeback, IU is going to hold a solo concert "Just One Step...That Much More" at Sogang University Mary Hall starting on May 22 until 25. It will resume on May 29 until June 1. In result, IU is holding a total of 8 solo concerts. The total amount of earnings from these concert is going to proceed to Sewol victims and their families. Earlier this month, her agency announced that IU is coming back with a remake album of her classic and hit songs. Such a meaningful concert for IU and her fans.

source:dkpopnews.net

Well done, IU and the whole production team of "Just One Step...That Much More". IU and LOEN could have donated directly but I appreciate the time they took to release this news. That only shows how much thought and heart have been poured into their best way of contributing to the victims, survivors and the families. 

LOEN, please release the concert dvd so international fans can purchase a copy as well as contribute to the Sewol relief efforts.  

IU makes it so easy to be her fan. Am really proud to be her fan. Although I cannot afford a plane ticket to korea to see her concert, I'm kinda tempted to buy a ticket to donate. Leaving the seat empty would be sad and wasteful though huh.. Also I'm really confuse about what kind of relief is going to be brought. This is different from natural disasters where there is lots of monetary damage involved. We can't really bring back life with money. Maybe provide psychological support? Making a memorial?
Back to the topic of IU, are there any projects going on for her birthday?

pigsflyy said: IU makes it so easy to be her fan. Am really proud to be her fan. Although I cannot afford a plane ticket to korea to see her concert, I'm kinda tempted to buy a ticket to donate. Leaving the seat empty would be sad and wasteful though huh.. Also I'm really confuse about what kind of relief is going to be brought. This is different from natural disasters where there is lots of monetary damage involved. We can't really bring back life with money. Maybe provide psychological support? Making a memorial?
Back to the topic of IU, are there any projects going on for her birthday? @pigsflyy
I thought about buying a ticket for her concert too, even though I wouldn't be there for it... but it really WOULD be such a waste of a seat. Plus, IU is loved enough that I doubt there would be any openings left. Chances are, every single ticket will sell, so if we bought a ticket just for the sake of donating and having one, we would be taking the opportunity to see IU away from a Uaena who would have loved to be there! Instead, I think we can do this another way. Just donating through UNICEF in IU's name or if you live in the US, there is a US IU Birthday Project going on too.

The funds for the Sewol support goes to, maybe, funeral costs? Memorials? To the school and the family who suffered? Monetary donation can't heal pain, but it could assist financially for their sudden and tragic loss.

Also, @Edensor should be posting the details of our Soompi birthday gift for IU soon!

IU'S BIRTHDAY PROJECT 
My fellow Soompi Uaena, IU's birthday is approaching SOON.Lets do what we can to congratulate her.Come Join Us!on
IU_SOOMPI_PROJECT.jpg

Example for the project :
No Selca

Happy_Birthday_IU.jpg
POEjOsva.jpg

With selca 

3jnCzZ3L.png

A MUST, FOOD from your place to talk with IU 

WnBEZuB5.jpg

Cc :@airbening @akinahana89 @meahri66 @mumfu  @maashi @Olga2010Ans @TRanz @junemoonstone @DinaraM @nikki89 @kimsoyeon18 @KatKat09 @9jill9@HelloLily @Eng @Ally @Layali @normalahamid @simplymebeingcrazy @gijoe8 @chi13lou @Annie Chen @phoung @shabbychic @jjsiu @Jill Jung @TranThuy @amiliyana90@iuyooseungho @berny @Leouna @babysmile @jazernette @celine 27 @totoro-zen @pigsflyy @jiaxin1603 @krystallinetkhl  @iheartyou1518 @Jieunism7 @iu93jjang @akye @iufatin @alluaenaofsoompi
and @EVERY-SOOMPI-UAENA
Credit :Thank You Much Much Air Bening for the hard work! :-*

yeorobun, just heard the news that IU got offered the female lead role for Trot Lovers. The male lead for that drama has already been confirmed to be Yoo In Na's boyfriend, Ji Hyun Woo.

Uh.... Awkward? >_>;

I honestly feel bad about this..I don't want IU to accept the offer but I know how passionate she is about acting, and in one of her previous interviews she said she really wanted to take more roles...
But the timing is just not right.. She's in preparation of her concerts, a remake album in the making, and to add a drama in the mix, I can't even imagine how tiring it will be for her  :((  :((
and even worse, the male protagonist is yoo in na's BF. I feel so iffy about this 

@Ally
I totally agree with you! Adding a drama into the mix, regardless of who the male lead is, would be so stressful and tiring for IU.
Even though she's passionate about wanting to try more drama roles, I also believe she knows her limits.
I also believe that she will take into consideration who she will be acting alongside with.
Just because she received an offer and just because it is being taken into consideration right now does not mean that IU will accept.
Hopefully, IU won't accept. For the sake of herself, her BFF Yoo In Na, and her BFF's boyfriend, Ji Hyun Woo.
She will have many more drama opportunities in the future and I feel she should concentrate on her album and concerts first.
The last thing Uaenas want to see is IU being divided to the limit from her schedules.

LOL ohh how should I react to this??I'm happy with the news she being offered a new role esp its totally different from her old characters. BUT the YIN's bf is the thinh that I hardly.............. XDDDDImagine if there is kiss scene................
7ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h487ce9289aa178f9e5e8aecd72802265fc_w48_h48

@edensor Dear eden, I can't say enough how much I love your idea for IU's birthday project!! Especially the food selca part.. Brilliant! That's so thoughtful of you. Gonna share it on twitter :-)
Question: are you going to put all the pictures in a video? I would gladly help if you need an editor! 

Woaaa... thanks Ally. Yes, the plan is to make it in one video. Will let you know if I need help. Akina also offered help. Thanks abunch guys...
You can add for soompiers only Ally. Because the purpose is we want to introduce IU to Soompi Uaena community with this food battle. Its rather quiet here, so if more people come with this, of course we will be very happy.
And the food idea its from @airbening Ally. I'm just gather people with idea to introduce our community to IU with landscape of our famous place as the background then Air has the food idea. The treng trenggg... its foodbattle birthday greetings :D