[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest akye

Honestly, I would prefer IU not to act again. Maybe some smaller roles. She is really good, but I love singerU the most (and I hate when people are bashing her :c) I'd love to see her in a musical the most.
But if she really like acting that much...fine. I will just support her. However this time I want her to pick something different. Not again romance with cheerful and bubbly heroine. ActionU would be great. Or meloU. O, horror would be awesome too! I know she would do great in serious roles as well. From Trot Lovers I get LSS vibes - great and  cute romance, not so great storyline.
And also... this girl will kill herself! I know she is workaholic, but isn't it a little bit too much? Album, concert and drama? In one month? She will be exhausted again. Like the last time.
But in the end it's all up to IU. I will support her no matter what she decides. She knows what she wants the best.

In regards to IU's acting endeavor, these are my personal and honest thoughts.

1. Why is our girl and LOEN not considering projects from other tv broadcasters ? Why KBS again ? Are there no offers from SBS, MBC or independent projects ? Is IU/LOEN too selective and protective ?

2. I hope IU will appear in Trot Lovers but I also hope Ji Hyun-woo's character is like a mentor oppa and nothing more. I just cannot imagine them as lovers on screen, sorry. But if there is a twist to the plot, like putting an up & coming young actor in the second lead and who gets the girl at the end, I will be very excited. IU has a face that is easily paired up with many actors and I would like to see her partner with up and coming serious actors like Seo Kang Joon and Kang Ha Neul etc.    

3. Whatever future drama projects of hers, please include tons of BTS footages. There were none for YTBLSS and just four 'teasers' for PM ! Such a bummer for drama watchers.

4. IU has to really separate the Singer IU and Actress IU images. The former is so synonymous with her that any drama projects would probably have to work around that image. And that can prevent any drastic change of appearances needed for her drama characters. An example for me was Kim Bo Tong. I loved the early fashion sense of Bo Tongie which was cute and quirky. As the drama hit the mid episodes, her clothings and hairstyle became too 'bo tong' which, for me, lost all sense of fun and giddiness. It was a great pity because Bo Tong fashion could have caught the imagination of trendy youngsters, just like what Jun Ji-hyun's character did for high fashion in YWCFTS.

akye said: Honestly, I would prefer IU not to act again. Maybe some smaller roles. She is really good, but I love singerU the most (and I hate when people are bashing her :c) I'd love to see her in a musical the most.
But if she really like acting that much...fine. I will just support her. However this time I want her to pick something different. Not again romance with cheerful and bubbly heroine. ActionU would be great. Or meloU. O, horror would be awesome too! I know she would do great in serious roles as well. From Trot Lovers I get LSS vibes - great and  cute romance, not so great storyline.
And also... this girl will kill herself! I know she is workaholic, but isn't it a little bit too much? Album, concert and drama? In one month? She will be exhausted again. Like the last time.
But in the end it's all up to IU. I will support her no matter what she decides. She knows what she wants the best.

junemoonstone said:

1. Why is our girl and LOEN not considering projects from other tv broadcasters ? Why KBS again ? Are there no offers from SBS, MBC or independent projects ? Is IU/LOEN too selective and protective ?

Guest violet9004

hye all!!

regard to IU choice of drama i think she still need to prove herself.. remember that when she started her singing career she need to follow the same concept over and over again cause she did't have a choice at all but slowly she take control of what she want to do with her singing and now she taken over her career and pursuit what she love at the first place..
same with acting cause she new and idol she can't help but being offer the role that PD and director think suit for her and for now i seeing a character that bubbly and happy cause its the image that director see in her.. but slowly she will prove that she can carried a heavy role and for that i think we Uaena just need to support her cause she really work hard even on thing she did't like.. 

Guest violet9004

this is a nice article.. 
http://koalasplayground.com/2014/05/03/equally-talented-in-music-and-acting-duo-ji-hyun-woo-and-iu-in-talks-for-trot-lovers/

junemoonstone said:

2. I hope IU will appear in Trot Lovers but I also hope Ji Hyun-woo's character is like a mentor oppa and nothing more. I just cannot imagine them as lovers on screen, sorry. But if there is a twist to the plot, like putting an up & coming young actor in the second lead and who gets the girl at the end, I will be very excited. IU has a face that is easily paired up with many actors and I would like to see her partner with up and coming serious actors like Seo Kang Joon and Kang Ha Neul etc.    

3. Whatever future drama projects of hers, please include tons of BTS footages. There were none for YTBLSS and just four 'teasers' for PM ! Such a bummer for drama watchers.

Guest kpoppa_iu

Happy birthday, Ji-Eun! When you come to Los Angeles, you must try IN-N-OUT Burger! All the K-Pop acts seem to really love this California specialty! Since you will be 21, you can now legally drink alcohol in the USA! Please allow me to buy you a drink when you come to LA! God bless you! -admin kpoppa of IU - Official Fansite on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/iu.official.fansiteFlickr_hellochris_202508906--In-N-Out_tr

Guest mumfu

@edensorchingu your comments brings this quote to mind...."Making a wrong decision is understandable.    Refusing to search continually for learning is not"...Phil Crosby

Guest ShellyL

Hi! I have a question about IU's Birthday event... Where do we post the pictures? Here or is there somewhere else we post it? I really wanna participate :))) btw, I'm new to Soompi hihihi

ShellyL said: Hi! I have a question about IU's Birthday event... Where do we post the pictures? Here or is there somewhere else we post it? I really wanna participate :))) btw, I'm new to Soompi hihihi Annyeong! Welcome to Soompi, @ShellyL.

Please send your picture to @Edensor through Private Message!

Do any of you guys know what's going on with the IU facebook page? It's been posting some weird non-IU related things for the past few days when it used to follow IU Official Fansite's page closely. Has it been hacked?

Welcome to IU's thread @ShellyL ..

If you have any problem, just tell us.

Feel free to post about IU here :)

Where are you from?? What do you like about IU?what's your fav song from IU?? Hehehe.. If you don't mind please share with us.

@akinahana89 which IUfanpage?? Can you screencap the page??

@airbening

This one: https://www.facebook.com/IUfckb

On May 1st, it started posting weird things and all the IU related posts stopped. If you scroll through to before May, you'll see that everything is about IU.

@airbening

This one: https://www.facebook.com/IUfckb

On May 1st, it started posting weird things and all the IU related posts stopped. If you scroll through to before May, you'll see that everything is about IU.

I think u're right, akina.. :(

I never knew about that site before..