[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

@airbening
I think she meant the news about the ferry. All Korean celebrities are feeling such remorse, sadness, and sympathy for those affected... how could they sing with a smile on their face and with a happy tone? From the photos, even IU is looking pretty somber - but with good reason.

@airbening
The last news I saw was that there were, I think, 34 confirmed deaths, hundreds more still missing, and that the captain of the ferry, along with two crew members, got arrested. I also heard about the Uaena that was on the ferry. She said she was safe with minor injuries (bruises) so I am happy about that, at least.

I thought I'll share this on soompi. I made an audio edit of Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms with only IU in it. It is not perfect and was only made just for fun.

While playing with the audio software, I also made a MR Removed version of Riding the Train and Poor Thing. While making them, I realised just how good IU's voice is considering that these songs were during her earlier singing career.

Guest mumfu

Kumawo @nikki89, you did an awesome job with that.  IU has perfect pitch, a quality of tone that is unique to her and the ability to emote whatever she is singing.  Her voice is emmaculate.  I am hoping her new album is an unplugged version of re-arranged songs, then we will hear more of her beautiful voice just as you have unveiled.PS I have already fore warned 'the son' so he can buy me the album as soon as it's released...kekeke!!!

wow wow Someone populated the female soloist sales from 2011 to March 2014 and wow wow IU is a legend.
Even though IU is known as the digital queen, her physical albums sales are not too shabby amongst all the female soloist.
All her physical release are in the list below. Even her debut album is there.

Female Soloists Physical Sales [2011-2014 March]:
IU - Last Fantasy: 114,997
IU - Real: 43,795 (2010)
IU - Modern Times: 43,120

Boa - Only One: 35,971
IU - Spring of a 20 Year Old - 34,362
IU - Real+ 21,361

Lee Hi - First Love: 18,924
Lee Hyori - Monochrome: 16,847
Younha - Supersonic 15,110
Baek Ji Young - Flash Back: 14,824
IU - IM...IU: 12,678 (2009)
IU - Growing Up: 12,402 (2009)

Hyuna - Melting: 12,297
G.NA - Black and White 11,075
Ailee - A Doll's House: 10,920
Baek Ji Young: Timeless 10,838
IU - Modern Times Epilogue: 10,000
Ga-in - Bloom: 9,855
Hyuna - Bubble Pop 9,851
Younha - Subsonic: 9,705
Hyorin - Love & Hate: 9,703
Younha - Just Listen: 8,925
Baek Ji Young - Pitta 8,452
G.NA - Top Girl 7,926
Ailee - Invitation: 6,788
Ga-in - Truth or Dare: 6,509
Juniel - My First June 6,508
G.NA - Bloom: 5,024
Sunmi - Full Moon: 4,774
IU - Lost and Found: 4,355 (2008)
Juniel - 1&1: 4,186
Baek Ji Young - Good Boy 4,159
Park Ji Yoon - Tree of Life 3,719
G.NA - Beautiful Kisses: 3,465
Ivy - Interview 3,112
Kim Yerim - Goodbye 20: 2,753
Ali - Soulli 2,459
Baek Ah Yeon - I'm Baek 2,148
Kim Yerim - Her Voice: 2,035
Baek Ah Yeon - A Good Girl: 1,765
Ali  - Immortal: 1,720
Kim Yerim - A Voice: 1,632
Ivy - I Dance: 1,579
Zia -  Anemone: 1,377
Lyn - Love Fiction Part II 1,005
Lyn - Le Grand Bleu: 1,000
Ali - Eraser: 812
Ali - Soulli: 700

Credits: http://kpopsales.blogspot.ca/2014/04/female-soloists-ranking-request.html
Go there for more info

@akinahana89 I am not sure if this video clip corresponds with the picture on one of the tumblr links. The grooms in both images appeared different and IU was in different attire. BTW I wonder if the said dancer is Ji-yeol who has not been seen on IU's stages since the beginning of the year. 

Guest normalahamid

junemoonstone said: @akinahana89 I am not sure if this video clip corresponds with the picture on one of the tumblr links. The grooms in both images appeared different and IU was in different attire. BTW I wonder if the said dancer is Ji-yeol who has not been seen on IU's stages since the beginning of the year. 

Guest mumfu

Annyeong chingu,Things are very solemn and quiet in the Kpop and Kdrama world, which is to be expected as more sad stories are being revealed from the Sewol tragedy.  I thought a little bit of IU might bring some cheer. viewimage.php?id=24a8ef28e0c5&no=29bcc42
dcinside.com

Zico Block B (Predebut) with IU

6f1ZD.jpg
Before debut, Zico was the rapper of IU's Marshmallow :)

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"110810 MTV Match Up Ep.8 Zico-marshmallow(IU)

cr: Crazylal13

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"[MR Removed/Main Vocal] IU - Marshmallow ft Zico MV HD ✿◕

cr:

mian..I'm just knew about that, and just wanna sharing with you.. :)

Guest maashi

the photos of Kim Kwang Suk Sing Again Concert

cr: eyephoto

tumblr_n4jmdzxdIW1rlzlwyo1_1280.jpg

849826672.jpg?1398353016

:-( and I think IU's Open concert recording is canceled...

Guest mumfu

Kumawo chingu for all the updates.  If you have noticed IU has been silent throughout the Sewol Ferry tragedy, many idols and celebrities have pledged donations and support to various charities, but as of today we still have not received any notice from either Loen or IU.
Many Uaenas (myself included ) believe there is a reason for this.  We believe she is planning something big...a Benefit concert.....a new self composed song with all royalties to Sewol...her new album dedicated to the victims, survivors and their families with all royalties from that going to support them, or something along these lines, whereby IU will be using her God given talent to bring about much needed comfort. I'm sure it won't be much longer before we will find out.
I have been quite vocal in the past showing my distaste for the title of the 'Nation's little sister' attached to uri IU, I've felt it was burdensome and restricting for her, however if ever the Nation needed a little sister, it is right now.  Someone needs to start the Healing process, IU is the perfect person to do this.  I know it's a huge responsibility but she is strong, mature, has faced adversity herself, has an enormous caring heart, is sincere, is of a similar age ( well close to it, so can relate ) and most importantly she can reach across generational barriers to get a message across.
All we can do is wait for her, then give her our support in what ever way we can.  Uaena's fighting!!!