[Drama 2012] Fashion King 패션왕

Admin

Guest ayumikoshiro

I'm am so Harry Pottering this ending All But Last 10 Minutes. Right before they went into YG having flashbacks I wanted it to stop. JH and GY were together YG saw this and went back to the old stoop and realized what his crazy ambition lost him 9the love of his life). Cut end done. It would've been a great ending just like that. But NO they just had to keep going.

I was pleased with how JH and GY got together. At first I was super pissed that he stole the mail, then I realized it's in his character. So even if it was shady I get it. I was so happy when he told her that YG was in NY once they got there, he gave her a chance to leave. Maybe it's me cutting him too much slack but I think he took the mail and her to NY in order to avoid his father. after teh beat down he got there is no way GY wouldn't tell the dad if she heard from YG and/or if the dad ever found out that she went to YG without telling him like he asked.... let's just say there would be 2 bodies in that pool. JH could've taken her anywhere in the world, why take her to where YG was unless he wanted to give her the option to leave guilt free. I applaud him for that. So I'm happy with my ending. JH and GY together Yg watching from afar just like in teh opening/trailer.

As for The Ending Which Shall Be Ignored...I think Master Evil Big Poppa JH was behind the end of YG. There is no way he lets him run off with 150 Million and leave. if he beat his own son down like that i'm pretty sure he wouldn't hesitate to kill of somebody he thinks is scum. Poor JH always a sucker for love how could you give up 150 million (which i think might just be a mis-translation he only asked for 150 thousand) for a girl who at the time didn't want you.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ayumikoshiro

IDK since we can't edit our posts I'll just finish up my commenting here. Once again YG's ambition comes to bite him in the butt. Every freakin' time he has stirred up trouble with J Fasion. They never started with him. 1st with the double registering and now with the "secret" takeover. People just feel bad for him because he started off as the "good" guy. The hardworking everyman. But he was fighting out of his league. Sure he might've been able to handle JH, but remember this whole time JH was a bad businessman. The only reason he stared J Fashion in NY is because his dad made him. Once he started messing with Madam Jo and Evil Poppa he was doomed. He might've thought of himself as ambitious and blood-thirsty but he is nothing compared to Evil Poppa and Ms. Joe was so cocky and thought he could outsmart everyone but he just got messed up in the end.

As far as him and GY I don't think she ever loved him. Sure she admired and was grateful to him, but I don't even know if she loved him at all. She said that the factory was the first place she felt like home in and he helped her out during the most critical time in her life. An attractive of age young male who is always there for you might seem like a pretty good potential mate. So I think she had him carved into some ideal. An image created when he wanted to give her everything like she was his little sister. Once they got into an actual relationship he never changed how he treated her. He always did stuff to her never with her and he ignored her so many times. She saw that he was just money hungry and towards the end you could see her questioning her feelings about him.

A while ago I figured out the difference between the two guys' relationship styles and it was the main reason for me to root Team JH. Let's say they are taking you on a trip.

Young Girl is like someone who puts you on a plane sits you in Economy Class and says don't worry about where we are going trust me. He then goes off to First Class. leaving you sitting in the aisle next to a rowdy 3 yr old and a mother who is all 'that's how he is. Meanwhile someone is kicking the back of your chair and the tray bumps your elbow everytime the stewardess comes down the lane. Eventually the plane stops and you are in Paris, and YG is all we're here aren't you happy. Forgetting that it took you a helluva ride to get here.

Jae Hyuk on the other hand is like taking a road trip. He may force you into the car but you're riding together and you just might end up at the Jersey Shore but the trip you took and the person you're with is half the fun.

In all Fashion King had one of the worst endings ever, but I managed to find a good stop point for me so I'm going to go on and pretend that thing never even happened.

I agree with this completely. I stated something similar a few posts back. It seems as what was written in Korea it was a stranger. The killers suit was too flashy as in cheap....not something JH would not wear. Also JH had GY followed when she was in the US when she was on the trip earlier so the company was well connected. It would be easy for the President to follow and then dispose of him. YG tried to beat the system and in New York it is just another homicide. His mother also said she would do anything to protect JH. I believe it was JH family. I was not sad at how it ended even though it wasn't well thought out. I would have chosen JH also...ok I am bad

Guest taiju

I just don't understand people who liked YG. Its like what show were you watching?

I think YG biggest problem was his inferiority complex, his constant attempt to level up were his undoing. He used the people around him to achieve apparently noble goals i.e getting GY's parent's boutique but in the end most of his drive was self serving.

Heres the facts:

Who helped GY get into NY fashion school after Jo plotted to have her admission revoked? JH. Who lent YG money to pay off his creditors? JH. Who gave YG money to buy back his business after he got out of jail? JH.

After GY signed a contract giving her designs to J fashion YG registered her designs as his own, which was illegal as they were legally the property of J fashion. After GY was hired at J fashion the 1st time, YG told her to steal fabric from the J fashion store house? And this was all after JH had helped him get his factory back.

He partnered with Jo even though GY was against it, yeah you can say he was doing it with the aim of getting the boutique for GY but in the end GY herself didn't even want the boutique back plus it was all still a part of his grander scheme to expand his won business goals. He also treated her like crap a lot of the time. And giving the excuse that he had a rough life and he wasn't used to expressing his emotions is just dumb. If a guy likes you, even if he's not lovey doveyaffectionate he will treat you at the very least with respect.

JH wasn't perfect but most of his "bad" actions were just in reaction to YG. His fatal flaw was his attraction to GY,who in the end didn't really know what she wanted/didn't want it bad enough to really fight for it.

YG was easy to pity but he was a nasty piece of work.He was a hustler from the start, those thinking he was just in it for GY's sake please watch the episode after JH rightly refused to lend him money(I think it was episode 1 or2) where he says that one day he'll have an even bigger company. This was before he met GY. In episode 20, he whines about J fashion pulling out of YGM and all I kept thinking was, after all the smirking and smack talking you did after you tricked J fashion into signing another contract with you, you're acting like the victim?

With regards to the ending, I wish JH had let GY read the letter and make a proper decision on who she wanted to be with because in the end it was like she only chose him as 2nd choice. YG's death was random but I can't say I feel bad he died.

Sigh I haven't been this worked up over a drama since...I don't even know when. I think my biggest problem is the people who like YG, I just don't understand them. I think if GY had been more of a heroine and less of a forgetable but constantly in your face charcater the drama would have worked out much more differently.

Guest baek321

This is the worst drama ever.I skipped a lot, but I'm glad I did >_>

I didn't like YG characters one bit. I also didn't like GY characters. And then other girl, I don't even.

I did like JH character at some point in the drama, but I can't bring myself to the point I liked it.

All are terrifyingly written. I need to watch put this writer on the blacklist, and never watch this writers drama ever again.

The ending was so funny. I mean, how else could they have ended this?

Guest smokegetsinyoureyes

I bet my money on JH or JH's Dad as the one ordering that death. Who else knows YG's exact location? And the timing.

I'd be worried for GY if she marries into that violent family. JH could not stand up to his dad's abuse.

Fashion King Farewell Party Photos - May 22, 2012

2hcn3g8.jpg

h3sQ1.jpg

34ig5lj.jpg

credit: cutiegumiho of tumblr and eringshow

more here: http://cutiegumiho.tumblr.com/post/23675296799/120522-fashion-king-farewell-party-photos

Guest nabi

Having invested 20 hours watching this drama, I gotta say, I wish I hadn’t. I thought that by the end, I would know who wishy-washy GY loves, but I am still left confused. From how I perceived the ending, I believe GY heard the loud gunshot and from her reaction, or lack thereof, it seems she knew YG’s death was coming. But I can’t understand why, if she truly loved YG, she went along with the plan to have him killed. Is it because she never really truly loved him? I’m starting to believe that she didn’t.

I do think YG’s murder was JH’s father’s doing. He probably hired a hitman to kill off YG who ran off with soo much of his family’s money. His father certainly is capable of being behind it, seeing how he can beat the crap out of his own son.

About YG, I did not find myself rooting for him although he was supposed to be the underdog with poor beginnings reaching for the top. The ways in which he tried to get there, I just didn’t like. His lust for money and the wealthy lifestyle it brings meant he didn’t care who he hurt (including GY by partnering with Jo) or how he got there (like registering GY’s designs under his company even when she sold them to J Fashion…shady). It didn’t help that GY was a doormat until the end *sigh*

Guest Starlitelet

The first ep was good and then it went south....

Hi uksoul ^^!

I'm not directing this at you, but I see that a lot of people thought that the start was promising. I thought it was badly done in terms of setting up everything. The first few episodes were everywhere. It was only around episode 7 or so that it felt rather promising. Then the drama decided to take another turn. Nonetheless, I still thought the drama was very entertaining overall.

Guest thowysg1

this subject has been beaten to death but still thought i'd share what i came across in dc site..a close-up of the killer ...some raised suspicion that the killer may be the fugitive aboard the ship with YG during his journey to the states..

3.jpg

credit: dcinside

Guest thowysg1

ok..can't seem to edit with the new soompi...

a very touching fanmade vid on Young Gul...his hardship and the reasons why he

values wealth so much...

credit to uploader

Guest kyawmk

The ending was totally stupid, Korean screen writer think always killed the good characters, they all are good acting, how come the hole drama use samsung galaxy notes and why he send mail via post office and can send email by phone, also korea was corruption how come somebody can take others letter, totally shame for sponsar of samsaung in this drama, how stupid writer

Guest kyawmk

totally stupid writer, now I know Korean have alot talent why cannot explode to world, how come he send air ticket via letter and how come somebody can take other letter, mail box for what, nowaday comunacation was so easy use samsung galaxy note and can send via email or viber or akot things what actors hold telephone for,

Guest kyawmk

Watching the ending I finally realized why is took 4 years for this drama to be made. The networks read the script and realized it sucked and it didn't get made until all these other cable channels started making dramas so suddenly the networks were scouring their 'rejected show' pile to try to find something to put on the air.

The ending was just stupid and reminds me of the trend in kdramas from the early to mid 2000s when they'd just throw in a 'shock ending' for the sake of it. I'm reading people think Ga Young actually knew YG was being killed and the reason is she was the only one who knew where he lived. Umm no she wasn't. President Jo even told Jae Hyuk that YG bought a luxury apartment in NY and in the US whenever you buy real estate it becomes a public record so anyone could have found him.

The thing I don't understand is how the hell did he get $150million from Jae Hyuk? Did JH really agree to pay him $150m for the remaining shares of YGM? That seems pretty crazy considering YG was willing to sell them all for $100,000. Did somehow YG change the contract so where it said like $150,000,000 won it became $150,000,000 US$?

Anyway the ending was just one of those k-pop 'bad writer' endings where they put in a shocking scene to try and get people to pay attention to THAT scene and forget about all the sloppy or bad writing they did through-out the series.

yes I agree

Archived