AGB Nielsen Korea

20th episode (final):

Nationwide: 9,6% (+0,1%)

Seoul: 10,4% (+0,3%)

TNS Media Korea

20th episode (final):

Nationwide: 10,8% (-0,4%)

Seoul: 12,8% (-0,5%)

Light & Shadow leads - ratings AGB: 21,5% (Nationwide) / 24,5% (Seoul)

Love Rain - ratings AGB: 5,0% (Nationwide) / 5,4% (Seoul)

Average ratings:

AGB Nielsen Korea:

Nationwide: 9,6%

Seoul: 10,7%

TNS Media Korea:

Nationwide: 11,5%

Seoul: 13,4%

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest snklgs

WTF!!!

IDK why I watched Fashion King from start to finish...a fascination for trainwrecks..or voyeurism in watching people's effd up lives. But I do remember a couple of times when I reacted like...WHOA!..due to unexpected things that happened for example that ep where JH kissed GY and YG came in to kick his A**. Yoo Ah In and GY just didn't have chemistry, so for what's it worth I'm glad she ended up with JH--'coz they had it so smoking hot that whenever they were together i could only think of BSMD games :rolleyes: But this thing where JH would go to GY and YG comes into the picture was sooo repetitve , I guess they had to come up with a DEFINITIVE ending which is basically THE END. Seriously though all major characters here are so effd up that who cares except for ..WTH is Young Gul wearing in the ending... instead of it looking like fur..it kinda looks like fabric for stuffed toys.

I'm sorry Yoo Ah IN, I loved you to death in SKK, but this drama really sucked... but at least it wasn't that boring because I actually survived 20 episodes of it :crazy: I will never look at DOngdaemun in the same light again, ever....

Random...JH looks like Nakamaru Yuichi of the J-idol group KAT-TUN...

Guest Starlitelet

This is comical. If you state (and I will agree) "He's a fictional character for Christ's sake," why would you tell me to hold my tongue? Are you offended by my bad mouthing of the "fictional character"?

At any rate it's very clear that he orchestrated the murder simply based on the fact that he was the only one that knew where YG was. Also kinda weird that I'm asked to hold my tongue, "just yet" as though a revelation might come forth...you realize it's the last episode.

I meant hold your tongue and don't just say that he's a murderer. There are no concrete proofs. We're just talking from our assumptions, and what seems to fit the puzzle. I agree with you that he's the perfect candidate for being the murderer, even though I was (?) a huge Jae Hyuk/Ga Young shipper. Their ending left me feeling appalled and empty instead. Talk about how this writer can play so quickly with your emotions.

Anyway, what I meant when I said hold your tongue is that you just said he was a murderer. How the heck are you for certain? We didn't see it with our own eyes. Though, I also believe he's the murderer, but I don't know 110%, do I? So you can't just aimlessly go around saying he is the murderer.

I said he's a fictional character for Christ's sake because you're making a big deal out of people who still like his character (don't know about myself... cuz I have no clue how I feel anymore). Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean that all of us are fawning over him because of his outer looks. Imagine the writer making him pitiful (nevermind about pitiful for you because you've always thought of him as some maniac sore loser with no good quality traits), then suddenly revert his role ... I just don't see any justification and explanation in that. I feel indifferent because it just makes no sense.

Also, don't go around and ruin other people's mood by making unnecessary comments related to the norm of Jae Hyuk fans or whatnot (I'd say trolling, like you once used). I don't care if you hate this fictional character's guts. Just don't use other people into your petty equation and generalization. I realize that you always pour anger on someone else - haha.

I will forget as if episode 20 never happened because it literally makes no sense. There's no sense of fluidity. The last episode totally bombed the drama....

By the way, you typed "How come Jae Hyuk can't just die instead?", are you a Yoo Ah In/Young Gul bias? Sorry, I'm just using your tactic :). Since, you're wishing for someone else's death (even though, this is not for real...), you're just as bad as the fictional Jae Hyuk, no?

Peace.

Honestly I never regret spending 20 hours watching this drama and I would recommend others to watch, why? deep down we all actually really enjoy watching this drama from episode 1 and we keep watching every week because it was so addicting to know what will happen next. Don't just because the last episode failed to meet your expectation, we light up the fire to blow whole episodes..in reality not everyone are so lucky to end up happy ever after. The writer was actually playing with our emotion and he succeed. 

I give credit to Yoo Ah In, he is such a great actor, he portrayed Young Gul the real jerk, blow our mind, angry and at the end we feel sad losing him  . Hope in his future drama, he will get the girl smile.gif

Although the ending is very very very MESSED up, I will still watched until the end. Hwaiting!! I am just so obsessed with this drama. The love, the hating, the like, the dislike, the cold heartedness, the gentleness, all the indecisiveness is making me crazy, but isn't that the charm for this drama. I just loving the ost coming with each scenes.

Why can't YG just confess to GY that he loves her!! when he's missing her, jealous all the time....

Guest songssiissii

Ok, now i'm definitely not watching this last episode. killing off my favorite character

the ending seems to be like WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI, when all three main characters are killed off -.-

I stopped watching ages ago...and I wish I had known it was the WHIB writer from the beginning

Raine thank you for posting recaps so I could see what happened without frying my brain.

This writer...*throws Macbook*

THIS MADE NO SENSE!!!!! NEVER WRITE ANOTHER DRAMA!

Guest a4sano

I had to skip through the last few episodes. The biggest problem is that the writer didn't declare who we were suppose to be supporting, that's why their is a lot of YG/JH confusion. I really think they just wanted a dramatic ending, but failed horribly. The first 12 episodes of this drama was very good though, after that it just kind of tailed off. GY's character was way too passive, I never understood why. They also didn't really develop the story about her parents or YG's parents, I wanted a little more backstory on that.

Guest funnybear1

i read on the korean forum that they're planning fashion king 2

young girl is not dead in fashion king 2!

the shooter is the rich guy

ga young knew he would shoot him

Fashion King 2........for people who loves to be abused. Cause the first time around wasn't enough.

Guest Loveee

Let's get this right.

A drama titled 'Fashion King', revolving around fashion and a contest to declare who the fashion king is.... is a drama about 2 guys who are completely jerks, trying to get 1 girl.

JH - Who is a complete snub: Rich, partnered with his parents to own a fashion business - who lacks fashion sense.

YG - who was a gangster turned CEO

GY - Who should have some fashion talent... but we barely saw any of her work, a weak character, and kept changing side whenever things gets rough.

Anna - why was she in here again? What was her role? The crying girl? what's the importance?

This drama is just about 2 guys, fighting for 1 girl... and in the end it's a murder scene.

again. WHERE'S THE FASHION? this drama is a big mess. The script is a big mess. There was no point to this drama that made any sense to the title, to the plot. Each episode were based on what the fans wanted and what the fans wanted had nothing to do with what the drama SHOULD be about.

Honestly, there's no dynamic to any of this. None of the characters developed since ep 1.

The beginning of the drama had no relations to the end of it. Nothing tied together.

There's nothing challenging or provoking about this drama, so people that think it is... should just stop. This drama is pure crap.

But JH is a good actor in this drama.

Guest joinsung4ever

funnybear1 wrote on 23 May 2012 - 12:56 PM:

Fashion King 2........for people who loves to be abused. Cause the first time around wasn't enough.

its so true of a comment

BUT

if it still have Lee Je Hoon as JH... I will still stick my eyes on the screen....

;)

Guest timpa

Watching the ending I finally realized why is took 4 years for this drama to be made. The networks read the script and realized it sucked and it didn't get made until all these other cable channels started making dramas so suddenly the networks were scouring their 'rejected show' pile to try to find something to put on the air.

The ending was just stupid and reminds me of the trend in kdramas from the early to mid 2000s when they'd just throw in a 'shock ending' for the sake of it. I'm reading people think Ga Young actually knew YG was being killed and the reason is she was the only one who knew where he lived. Umm no she wasn't. President Jo even told Jae Hyuk that YG bought a luxury apartment in NY and in the US whenever you buy real estate it becomes a public record so anyone could have found him.

The thing I don't understand is how the hell did he get $150million from Jae Hyuk? Did JH really agree to pay him $150m for the remaining shares of YGM? That seems pretty crazy considering YG was willing to sell them all for $100,000. Did somehow YG change the contract so where it said like $150,000,000 won it became $150,000,000 US$?

Anyway the ending was just one of those k-pop 'bad writer' endings where they put in a shocking scene to try and get people to pay attention to THAT scene and forget about all the sloppy or bad writing they did through-out the series.

Guest natashaefrosia

I cannot help but post in this thread as I really find the ending of the drama is really not making any sense and I feel cheated having been brought in the roller coaster ride of this drama only to be left with this kind of ending. Nevertheless, the ending made us think so much and for me it boils down to 3 different versions of why Young Gul was shot and by whom.

1. YG was shot by someone hired by JH’s Father

This is an option since YG has humiliated J Fashion in so many ways throughout the series and as quoted by JH’s father himself he believe that in order for the king to have the loyal servant’s wife, the servant must be killed. JH said his father had granted permission, so this may indicate that the father has approved of GY and wanted his son to be with GY.

2. YG was shot by JH/someone hired by JH

Simple Reason. YG has made a fool of JH so many times plus now that GY finally opened her heart to him, he cannot have YG suddenly back to his life again so he decided to have him gone forever (probably also triggered by his father’s words)

3. YG was shot by someone hired by GY

LOL. I know this is a long shot but since the ending is already sick and twisted anyway, anything is possible. In this scenario (based on the last conversation between YG and GY) GY knew about YG whereabouts in NY, and she was hurt and felt betrayed by YG who accepted the money and just went to the states. She decided that the ultimate sweet revenge is to have him killed.

Forgive my sudden rant and my delusional mind. Anyway, I hope they don’t bother to make FK2 if only to have another twisted ending. The only thing I enjoyed out of the 20 episodes are JH and GY interaction. That’s all.

I'm really disappoint on the ending not because Young Gul was dead...I just don't like flat form on the story in ending. I don't get the justification on the story. I’m already expecting some one will died but I don’t expect it will end with “hanging thoughts”. I just remember before in “Memories in Bali” the ending really shocking on me but at least it was reasonable ending. Nothing to have an explanation just this is it. But in this drama I’m sorry I don’t get it why, what? Many questions and this is I called hanging thoughts. The writer still not dignified me on the story. The main reason why I watched this because of Yoo Ah In and Lee Je Hoon. They’re good actors honestly speaking I have no question on the acting ability.

I just feel betrayed because you’ve been watching from the start and then the ending was so unreasonable. Just like on K-pop you’re eager to watch the next episode and waiting to the end and then you just get floppy ending. I’m not expecting if there are some kdrama’s you will not expect to have a low ratings. But everything has done…I’m not expecting a happy ending but in something you will satisfied. In other way you have learned something in this kdrama…on what happen in YG it was called a Bad Karma.

Guest ii_christie

I cannot help but post in this thread as I really find the ending of the drama is really not making any sense and I feel cheated having been brought in the roller coaster ride of this drama only to be left with this kind of ending. Nevertheless, the ending made us think so much and for me it boils down to 3 different versions of why Young Gul was shot and by whom.

1. YG was shot by someone hired by JH’s Father

This is an option since YG has humiliated J Fashion in so many ways throughout the series and as quoted by JH’s father himself he believe that in order for the king to have the loyal servant’s wife, the servant must be killed. JH said his father had granted permission, so this may indicate that the father has approved of GY and wanted his son to be with GY.

2. YG was shot by JH/someone hired by JH

Simple Reason. YG has made a fool of JH so many times plus now that GY finally opened her heart to him, he cannot have YG suddenly back to his life again so he decided to have him gone forever (probably also triggered by his father’s words)

3. YG was shot by someone hired by GY

LOL. I know this is a long shot but since the ending is already sick and twisted anyway, anything is possible. In this scenario (based on the last conversation between YG and GY) GY knew about YG whereabouts in NY, and she was hurt and felt betrayed by YG who accepted the money and just went to the states. She decided that the ultimate sweet revenge is to have him killed.

Forgive my sudden rant and my delusional mind. Anyway, I hope they don’t bother to make FK2 if only to have another twisted ending. The only thing I enjoyed out of the 20 episodes are JH and GY interaction. That’s all.

I agree ... Even if the writers decide to have a sequel to this, I don't think they can redeem themselves for writing such an "unexpected" ending. LOL, but I like your third assumption about Ga Young being the true mastermind of the shooting. In the end, when she was speaking with Young Gul on the phone, she did look a bit mysterious and seemed to have a slight smirk on her face.

But anyways, I enjoyed the first half of the drama since there was a lot of interaction between Young Gul, Ga Young and Jae Hyuk, without the wishwashiness of the love lines. It pretty much went downhill from like the 12-14th episode for me.

I think that Yoo Ah In, Shin Se Kyung and Lee Jae Hoon have potential to be even bigger, but this script did not allow them to show their true worth.

Guest smokegetsinyoureyes

I knew it's absurd and impossible, but since there are some here who are theorizing that Ga Young has something to do with the killing (LOL! wishful thinking for some, eh?), here's your answer:

'Fashion King' Shin Se Kyung is Not the murder

“The person who killed Young Gul (Yoo Ah In) is not Ga Young (Shin Se Kyung).”

Shin Se Kyung who is playing the role of Lee Ga Young in “Fashion King” was surprised.

In the final episode of SBS Monday and Tuesday drama “Fashion King” broadcast on May 22nd, 2012, the lead male character Kang Young Gul was shot to death by a stranger, stunned the viewers.

Ga Young who is talking to Young Gul said with a smile in the end, “I miss you too,” this scene led to all kinds of speculation by viewers.

After the end of the drama, viewers and netizens showed a great deal of doubt to the above scene, and even speculated that it’s Ga Young who employed killer to kill Young Gul.

After Shin Se Kyung who was participating in the celebration party knew about it, she was very surprised. She said that the script only wrote that Young Gul come to an bad end when in conversation with Ga Young, and Ga Young say lovingly “I miss you too” without knowing that Young Gul has died.

A person related to Shin Se Kyung said, “We were also shocked when knowing about this in the beginning, and did not expect that the death of Young Gul would led to this controversy. According to the script, the person who employed killer to assassin Young Gul is not Ga Young. The reason that it caused such a heated debate was likely due to playwright intended to guide to audience to do all kinds of speculation.”

source: http://www.dkpopnews.net/2012/05/news-fashion-king-shin-se-kyung-is-not.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

She has nothing to do with it, of course. I think the writer was aiming for a very poignant ending with GY still loving YG, but YG not being able to hear it. Kinda annoyed that he ignored a very important (logical detail) in that scene just to achieve his dramatic conclusion.

I finally finished this drama! And let me tell you, it was really a waste of my time. What kind of ending is that?! I watched this drama because i wanted to learn about the fashion industry and all the kind of designs on how people are successful in fashion. Also, the casts made me want to watch it. But what does it lead to...some kind of murder at the end? Just WOW. I loved the first half of it, but whats with the writers on the second half. Does that even relate to fashion at all? Also there's sooo many unsolved answers. This writer really loves to have someone die in it don;t they? I mean, if you like it so much, make your script into some action, thriller drama, not some nice romance, fashion, killing! -_-

Anyways, i'm really disappointed in this drama. Like whats the reason behind killing YG. Like...ARGH~! I dont even know what to say anymore, its just so disappointing.

Archived