[Drama 2012] Fashion King 패션왕

Admin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starlitelet

And I absolutely have to say this... To all JH&GY supporters:

Have you guys considered what a lousy boyfriend JH makes? All you guys can see is he treats GY so nicely - he takes care of her and feed her and even bought her lunch/dinner, he is so sweet... He does so much for her... Blah blah and blah... Nonsense. He treats GY nicely because he wants her to fall for him. He knows what is it that upsets her - in fact he is the one who plotted the whole falling out of GY and YG. And now after plotting the falling out, he decides to play the nice guy, that he did all that he did just to get her... How sweet... NOT!

He is actually the cause of all of GY's problems with YG. He is manipulative and vindictive and would stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Look at how he treated Anna - he abandoned her once and promised her that this time round it would be different. Was it any different? Anna was still hurt by his mum. And he was never there to protect her. Anna had to protect herself and stand up for herself, and for this, I applaud her.

Look at what he says when they break up. He blames Anna's lack of talent for his break up - that if she had been more talented, GY would have never got between them. The nerve of him! Now he is blaming his girlfriend for his two-timing ways? Can this jerk get any worse? Seriously? Is he even capable of love? He is a guy who after discussing marriage with his girlfriend decides to fly all the way to USA just to look for another girl. If I was Anna, I would want to hurt him real bad... There is usually just a fine line between hatred and love so I can't really blame Anna for whatsoever she does. In fact, I can understand her actions. For those who hate her, please enlighten me on why. I see no reason to hate her.

History repeats itself, he dumps Anna for GY just like he dumped his ex before for Anna. WHY? Because he loves himself more than anyone else.

The truth is, if you have been watching the show closely - he does everything he does for business. The most important thing to him is how he succeed and how he appears in front of his dad.

He doesn't know what love is - he doesn't deserve to end up with anyone. He deserves to be by himself.

PS. Those GY&JH shippers, please enlighten me on why you guys would want such an innocent sweet girl like GY to be with a manipulative, vindictive two-timing jerk like JH. I do not see the logic at all.

PPS. In fact if JH's character was a girl or not as good-looking an actor, nobody would like him.

PPPS. And I have to add this, no wonder guys like to complain that girls usually end up with jerks... Love is indeed blind, girls usually fall for the guy that treats her nicely without seeing the true character of the guy. GRR. I wish more girls would open their eyes and see for themselves whether the guy character is worth falling for. Cuz usually when a guy is chasing a girl, he is bound to be sweet, caring and everything nice. Only through the guy's personality and character can you see whether he is  a guy where you can spend the rest of your life with. Girls, choose wisely!

Hi madame ^^!

First off, sorry if my post ends up being all over the place.

I don't care how lousy Jae Hyuk was and how bad of an a**hole of him to do what he did. This is a Korean drama. Hence, anything and anyone can change within a flip of a coin! So why do people keep on drilling into the past? Characters can change little by little over time too. I don't get how the heck people have faith in Young Gul, but not in Jae Hyuk. They're both a**holes in the end. It's a 50/50 chance on who can make the bigger mistake each episode. It's like 1 episode, the mine lands on Jae Hyuk, and then the next episode on Young Gul. They're both at jeopardy here. No one is safe. Ok, both of the dudes are dictators in their own ways when it comes to women, but Jae Hyuk is treating Ga Young better AT THE MOMENT.

I am sure Ga Young is not stupid to the point where she can't differentiate whether Jae Hyuk is being a phony or whether he is being sincere. He has always threatened her to come by his side or else he'll bring Young Gul down, but he mostly drops his evil actions when it involves her. Whatever happens between him and Young Gul is their business. It's just a bonus that Young Gul had Ga Young as his shield at that time, so some of us viewers can blame Jae Hyuk for hurting her indirectly.

Alright, some of you guys will see Jae Hyuk as manipulative till no end, and no one can change your mind for that. However, Jae Hyuk does LOVE HER FOR REAL. Who knows how long it'll last, but it's for real. I don’t care if it sprung from him initially wanting to use her, but it came down to love afterwards. His way of loving her might not be right, but I believe he honestly loves her. If he didn't love her then why would he be thinking about her all the time when he's alone? There's no one next to him when he's alone. So who was he proving or convincing? Himself? I think he's already there. Besides, there was no indication of how his love for Anna went. The story never really arched into those two's relationship. We only hear things from Anna's perspective and her blaming him for everything. I wouldn’t trust that creature Anna anyway.  You asked why I or some of us don’t like her? To me, she’s a cheap leech. It’s not that I have no heart, but she just keeps on degrading herself with each passing episode. To those that think she’s not in for Jae Hyuk’s money, why would you think so? I thought she only went to Young Gul because he became successful. She knows that Young Gul and Ga Young love each other, yet she comes in their way everytime. If she loved Jae Hyuk earnestly with no fault, then I would have felt horrible for her. And don’t tell me that her cuddling with Young Gul didn’t mean anything. It sickened me that Young Gul had his arm around her, and how he laid his head on hers slightly. Man, that was beyond friend zone. He’s worst than Jae Hyuk when I put that scene on repeat in my head.

You know what? Young Gul has it all. He’s just too ignorant/prideful now that he’s all that. He has both girls within his grasp, and Jae Hyuk literally has nothing, but a hollow heart.  Young Gul gets to have Anna in his arms, yet he thinks about Ga Young? He’s not acting properly either.

@ the bolded part: Well, of course he wants her to fall for him because she doesn't like him and he likes her. I wouldn't blame only Jae Hyuk for being the obstacle of Ga Young and Young Gul. Anna is another huge obstacle. She really rattled Ga Young, and Young Gul didn't even exactly reassure Ga Young that there was nothing between him and Anna. Anyway, richard simmons would have went around either way.

@ the red part: How do you know that history will repeat itself this time? Once again, it’s a Korean drama. How would you know about this outcome? Why can playboys become gentlemen in other Korean dramas? It didn’t seem like history repeated itself after those other dude met the “right” girl *cough cough*, the female protagonist. Give this dude a chance.

Don’t tell us that we’re all too foolish because we believe in men like Jae Hyuk AND YOUNG GUL in reality. I know the difference between reality and dramaland. In reality, I would have run away from those two dudes a long time ago. In dramaland, these dudes get to redeem themselves because they love the girls like crazy. Besides, this is a drama, not some slice of life or some psychoanalysis documentary.

@ the orange part: Jae Hyuk didn’t fall in love with Ga Young for business. He didn’t do everything for her because of his daddy or mommy. I don’t think he was trying to prove anything to them or the business world by liking her. Why should he go all the way to her house to feed her? He knows that she doesn’t like him, so why does he keep trying?

@ the underlined part: Haha- if Jae Hyuk was a girl then obviously SHE wouldn’t act like that to Ga Young. She would become another Anna. I don’t get what’s your point of turning Jae Hyuk into a girl. What does Jae Hyuk have to do with being good-looking so some of us are shipping him and Ga Young? I've liked a lot of male characters who weren't good-looking. I honestly didn’t like him at first, but after seeing some of his kind gestures, I began to have faith in where his character was heading.

I don't know if Jae Hyuk is still power hungry, but it seems like after he got Ga Young, he's not focusing on bringing Young Gul down anymore. So he does love Ga Young, but in a twisted way? I don't know. It's up to the scriptwriters in the end. They can pull the characters towards any pole they like and give leniency to any character they wish.

Yeah, Jae Hyuk was being extremely nasty to Anna when he said that "if she had talent then none of this would have happened". Nonetheless, it was true though. I'm not saying the way he's treating Anna is proper, but Anna isn't the woman he's in love with. Perhaps, he was never in love with her after-all. I'm not trying to defend him here, but I'm saying that he's consistent with his character. He was never a nice guy anyway. He's only nice to Ga Young because he likes/loves her. You can argue all you want that he only loves her or follows because of Young Gul, but the same thing can be applied to Young Gul. Young Gul only realized that he loves Ga Young because of Jae Hyuk, and he only reacted after she left him. Keep in mind that Jae Hyuk liked Ga Young before he knew there was anything between Young Gul and Ga Young.

It's funny how both of the guys are hot and cold to her constantly. Young Gul is mean/cruel only to Ga Young, but nice to mostly everyone else. Jae Hyuk is mean/cruel to everyone else, but he's nice to Ga Young only.

By the way, if those were your arguments for Jae Hyuk, then I also don't see why Ga Young should end up with Young Gul. Keep in mind that these are fictional characters, so the writers can redeem them whenever they want. It's not like in reality, where "once a cheater, will always be a cheater".

Guest smokegetsinyoureyes

I was so into episode 14....it's sad. haha. next week please don't disappointment. Thank you for reading these recaps!

Fashion King Episode 14 Recap

Thank you for your excellent recap. I love the two possible reasons why Young Gul refused to take Ga Young back which you stated. That makes a lot of sense!wink.gif Wow!

Agreed on your last line. Lol. 

Everyone's curious on what GG stands for. What's your secret Young Gul?happy.gif

Correction on my previous post (I posted before the subs came in, my bad):  He did not reject GY's confession. He did not reject her love for him. He just told her that she couldn't come back. There's a difference. Honestly it's hard to guess what's on YG's mind and he rarely shares his innermost thoughts and yearnings. I think only GY got a glimpse of that, still she could not understand him fully, because he wouldn't tell her everything. He does not wear his heart on his sleeve, but as a viewer, there is no doubt in my mind that he loves GY. He does.

Guest gummi_1

Just finished episode 14! This show is seriously a delicious mess. The 4 main characters are so so so flawed and screwed up but yes, I'll continue watching.

JaeHyuk:- Sorry to say this but I do not trust him one bit. I know if you compare him to YG, he has always been pretty nice to GY(minus the bits where he decided to pull a fast one and sue her etc. etc.). He has kinda mostly been there when she's being treated meanly by YG. But that does not erase the fact that he is a major douchebag. The way he handled Anna and the way he two-timed her even after he was openly wooing GY was distasteful. Now that the relationship between him and Anna has seemingly no future, he treats her like dirt. As opposed to the time in the past where he would have treated her like a princess/goddess (like how he is to GY now). He puts her down as having no talent and makes mean comments about her family. He doesnt care two hoots that his mom is going around slapping her but yet people get caught up because he played hero in front of GY when his mom confronted her. He is a jerk through and through. And if what Anna said was right, he did the exact same stuff when he broke up with his ex-gf and wooed Anna. This guy obviously has a fetish with poor innocent girls whom he can save for their wretched lives so that he can feel important/capable. But once this poor girl grows wings and start getting more chic, he will move on to help the next poor girl. Hell, this guy is the salvation army or something! Yes he's sweet NOW but it will not last. How can GY be with a guy like that? Sure he sends all girls' heart fluttering with his sweetness and romantic moves but you are forever living in the fear that the very next moment, you might be his past. And we all know how "well" he treats his ex-gfs.

YG- This guy! I was on his side before these 2 eps. While seeing him pine over GY, I thought he finally realised GY's importance after she left. Which is the mantra of most korean dramas, you only know what's impt to you after you've lost it. That's fine. That's the sad truth of life because we tend to take a lot of things for granted when it's always in front of us no matter how many times we throw it, smash it, burn it.; GY was that thing. That puppy who kept coming back for more despite being treated unkindly. Why? Because her "master" took her in and gave her a lodging which to her was akin to saving her life. But if YG knows that he loves GY, then why are u still acting unkindly? EVEN NOW? U act all jealous and upset and emo when u see GY and JH tgt but no, you still dont like her? I have no idea what he's thinking but this man is not worth GY's affection. You've lost her once and now you have a chance to get her back but you go back and make the exact same mistake. Then you don't deserve any more chances. I want to root for this couple but the writers are making it very hard for me to do so. What's with him and Anna anyway? The cuddling and skinship? But yet he doesn't seem emotionally attached to Anna at all. While we see that intensity and longing for GY and we understand the emotional attachment between them, but yet they exchange cold words and don't touch at all. URGH!

GY- I didn't used to criticise her but now I have to. The worst thing u can do if you know a man loves u is to pretend you dont know. JH has told her umpteen times of his feelings for her. But she plays wide-eyed puppy in front of him and acts as if she doesn't know he likes her. She goes over to his house so many times and accept his invitations for meals but yet she feels she is not sending mixed signals?? Sometimes she smiles shyly with JH as though she is actually enjoying the attention but then later, she acts all cold and cordial. I kind of pity JH a bit (but ok not really, he's screwed up too). Whenever she sees YG, she will get reminded that "oh yeah! I am in love with sahjangnim. I'll have to act all sad and regretful that I left him for this company". While she's with JH, she looks like she is actually enjoying herself! I mean, make up your mind already. I understand if you are wavered by this suave rich guy treating you so well. Who wouldnt be? But stop acting like you dont know this guy likes you. GY should seriously leave JH's company. Leave JH, LEAVE YG. She's better off alone.

Anna- What's with her being all clingy to YG? Her new lifeboat? Since when did she start liking him seriously. She's just a real mess right now. Seriously. If you want to prove that you've got talent, do something instead of sashaying around all day and cuddling up to the presidents of your employment companies. Sorry I know that she deserves some pity for being that douchebag JH's ex gf. But I don't like the way she moves from one guy to the other. I just don't see the emotional attachment between her and YG.

Just a musing, did YG's fancy apartment come with that fancy wardrobe that looks like a total JH wardrobe replica? I know he's rich but that doesnt mean his grubby wardrobe from the factory suddenly triples in size with fancy suits and clothes and with a wide array of slick leather shoes and branded watches? Did he go for some major shopping or can I really just assume that the fancy apartment came with all that fancy interior hahha. And the chauffeur he suddenly had after buying the car. Came free with the car i suppose. What cant you do with money. This sudden rag to riches thing just happened so quickly and smoothly that I didn't feel the transition well at all. Sigh...please writers, do something. logical.

Guest Starlitelet

Sigh...please writers, do something. logical.

Forget the boys aside, this is the major problem of this drama. They're pulling these characters all over the place. I love their flaws, but it seems like a child's playground now.

Hi everyone!

Ep 14 - some random thoughts:

First off - I am more of a confirmed JH camper with this episode.

= Why kind of an idiot would buy a place in the same building as his enemy, to be his neighbor? It's lame - it just shows YG's insecurity despite all his poseur-coolness.

IF you want to better your enemy - then do it with more individualistic style - NOT imitate him by showing you too can afford a place opposite him. That's just flattering him - indicating how much you envied your enemy's lifestyle before, or wanted to be him (ie wannabe mentality).

Bec what are you trying to prove, dude (YG)? That you too can afford the same type of place next door? That's just endorsing and flattering your enemy = indicating how much you salivated over, and envied his assets, lifestyle and choices before. How ironically UN-cool!  :phew:

So you now have $5 million to afford the same kind of plush digs as JH?

Don't forget it was his $5 million in the first place.

= What is the whole damn point of that dinner, even if daddy told JH he had to do it?

(1) JH ruined a perfect romantic opportunity with GY - it was going so well pre-dinner food-prep time too.

(2) Why would YG and Anna accept the invite, knowing full well how caustic and baiting their conversations always get with JH? Why even bother to show up to the dinner in the first place? These 4 cannot be in any confined space together without verbal daggers flying out from at least THREE directions (JH, YG, Anna).

(3) I wish GY would just grow a backbone already. She's not exactly refusing JH either.

And how many times does she have to get all the negative hurtful remarks from YG (whose ego is more important to him than anything else) before she realises that a future together with this guy may be just as hurtful?

= If you are NOT interested in a girl ... dude, you do not sit with her on a couch all lovey-dovey in the dark, with her head leaning on your shoulder.

Why JH for GY?  

A**hole or not doesn't matter anymore (in my books they both are a-holes anyway - both immature, and both full of ego):

= JH just seems kinder and more genuine in his reactions/interactions with GY (and so enjoyable to watch his uncontrollable smiles when with her, or how his playful teasing side comes out when with her. ie he just mellows).

= YG misses GY only AFTER she's gone.  Outside of being mean and hurtful in his remakrs .... I r'ber also he was at first going to scribble "I like you as a dong-saeng (sister)" at first on his card, after making her that ugly white dress.

I still am not convinced he's not just hankering after her because she's gone over to JH (ie like two boys fighting over a toy - it's not really missing her - but his ego that is damaged she chose JH).

If GY doesn't end up with JH ... I hope the writer doesn't ruin it all by escalating JH to a monster, so that GY can run easily into YG's arms for a conclusion. That would just be a big waste of viewer time and intelligence.  <_<

I'd MUCH rather the meek GY grow a spine of her own, branch out independently instead of being caught in this petty tug-of-war between these 2 male super-egos .... and have a business/romance of her own with someone else totally different.

Enough of love-declarations to YG too, please stop it girl!  :angry:blush.gif

Hi jusash ^^!

I laughed so hard at your post because what you typed is so true, like all of it :lol:!!  I especially agree at the bolded-red part. Honestly, that would be so degrading for us viewers. I hate it when scriptwriters give total leniency to the protagonists (be it female or male). It's like they don't know what to do to make the viewers/fans less scornful of them for discarding the other dude. So what do they do? They heighten the supporting dude to make sure no one is rooting for him anymore, by making his mistakes grandiose. The scriptwriters than make make sure that the supporting guy gets to shine less, so without argument/chaos from the fans, it would be plausible for the two main characters to be together in the endgame. That's just so lame and lazy - haha.

I'm addicted to this drama because the two dudes are pretty much on par with each other, so it keeps me on the edge of my seat. However, if they screw up the ending badly... I'd feel like I watched all of this for nothing. The only reason I'm sticking around are because of the three main leads. I have a feeling they're gonna mess up the ending though :vicx:.

Haha - are you saying that since Young Gul finds Ga Young like his sister only... that he made her that ugly white dress?

Yes, I totally disliked Young Gul majorly for cuddling with Anna. He even tucked his arm around her.

The thing I hate about Young Gul is that he purposely makes Ga Young jealous/misunderstand about him or Anna... or maybe he just doesn't care if she misunderstands. However, Ga Young always tries to clarify any misunderstandings between her and Jae Hyuk. How come Ga Young gets the short end on this? I know that Young Gul loves Ga Young more than he likes Anna, but his actions are making the girls confused. He's giving Anna hope, and I'm sure he's gonna crush it later. Why bother then? He's toying around with Anna too. Why can't he tell Anna to back off in that way, since they're just friends? He reciprocates her actions ... :crazy:.

Guest madame

I don't care how lousy Jae Hyuk was and how bad of an a**hole of him to do what he did. This is a Korean drama. Hence, anything and anyone can change within a flip of a coin! So why do people keep on drilling into the past? Characters can change little by little over time too. I don't get how the heck people have faith in Young Gul, but not in Jae Hyuk. They're both a**holes in the end. It's a 50/50 chance on who can make the bigger mistake each episode. It's like 1 episode, the mine lands on Jae Hyuk, and then the next episode on Young Gul. They're both at jeopardy here. No one is safe. Ok, both of the dudes are dictators in their own ways when it comes to women, but Jae Hyuk is treating Ga Young better AT THE MOMENT

I am sure Ga Young is not stupid to the point where she can't differentiate whether Jae Hyuk is being a phony or whether he is being sincere. He has always threatened her to come by his side or else he'll bring Young Gul down, but he mostly drops his evil actions when it involves her. Whatever happens between him and Young Gul is their business. It's just a bonus that Young Gul had Ga Young as his shield at that time, so some of us viewers can blame Jae Hyuk for hurting her indirectly. 

JH is not hurting GY indirectly - he is hurting her directly. He knows that GY likes YG - so by forcing her to go over to J-fashion is hurting GY. And there were many times in which he purposely manipulated YG into thinking that there is a relationship between GY and him. JH also said that YG gave up GY over 5 million when in actual fact JH had to buy over YGM with 5 million due to his dad's interest and for the better of the company.

Yes, I know this is a Korean drama - but even in Korean drama-land, the characters change over time and not with a flip of a coin. Dramas would still need to maintain some resemblance to real-life to convince people of the plot. 

Alright, some of you guys will see Jae Hyuk as manipulative till no end, and no one can change your mind for that. However, Jae Hyuk does LOVES HER FOR REAL. I don’t care if it sprung from him initially wanting to use her, but it came down to love afterwards. His way of loving her might not be right, but I believe he honestly loves her. If he didn't love her then why would he be thinking about her all the time when he's alone? There's no one next to him when he's alone. So who was he proving or convincing? Himself? I think he's already there. Besides, there was no indication of how his love for Anna went. The story never really arched into those two's relationship. We only hear things from Anna's perspective and her blaming him for everything. I wouldn’t trust that creature Anna anyway.  You asked why I or some of us don’t like her? To me, she’s a cheap leech. It’s not that I have no heart, but she just keeps on degrading herself with each passing episode. To those that think she’s not in for Jae Hyuk’s money, why would you think so? I thought she only went to Young Gul because he became successful. She knows that Young Gul and Ga Young love each other, yet she comes in their way everytime. If she loved Jae Hyuk earnestly with no fault, then I would have felt horrible for her. And don’t tell me that her cuddling with Young Gul didn’t mean anything. It sickened me that Young Gul had his arm around her, and how he laid his head on hers slightly. Man, that was beyond friend zone. He’s worst than Jae Hyuk when I put that scene on repeat in my head.

DO NOT USE THE WORD LOVE SO EASILY!

My gosh, just because he thinks of her all the time doesn't mean that he is in love - he can be infatuated, in lust. But to say that he is in love just cuz of that? That is hilarious. 

When you say someone is in love, I expect some sort of sacrifice - Is JH willing to sacrifice for GY? No. If he was truly in love, he would know that GY being with YG is the only thing that will make her happy - he would have never orchestrated all the misunderstandings between GY and YG. He would have tried his best to let GY be happy despite getting hurt in the process. And that is LOVE. Not just thinking about a person.

About Anna, if you want proof about their love - remember YG stealing JH's wallet? In JH's wallet, he found a picture of Anna with the words, 'Anna, with love, forever'. And at that point of time, JH and Anna have been broken up for 2 years. For him to keep a photo of her in his wallet for 2 years - I would say that means more than what he has been doing to GY all these while. 

If Anna was in for JH's money, she would have never left JH. Simple as that. To come back to a guy despite having a successful career in US is due to the fact that she does in fact have real feelings for him. I would say that Anna went to YG because she was hurt and is on a rebound. No love there, perhaps lust. Please give me proof of Anna degrading herself throughout the show. Yes, she was lashing out at GY quite a few times but if your boyfriend was in love with another girl, wouldn't you want to hurt that girl too in one way or another? That is human nature.

I don't know why you are disgusted with Anna and YG cuddling. They are both single - no harm there. They are probably using each other to get over the hurt. I would be more disgusted that JH kissed GY when he was drunk when he was still attached to Anna.

You know what? Young Gul has it all. He’s just too ignorant/prideful now that he’s all that. He has both girls within his grasp, and Jae Hyuk literally has nothing, but a hollow heart.  Young Gul gets to have Anna in his arms, yet he thinks about Ga Young? He’s not acting properly either.

I am not sure whether is right to say  JH has nothing and YG has it all. JH was the one who pushed Anna away. In fact I would say that Anna still has feelings for him and YG is just a rebound. YG is probably using Anna as a rebound too as he has probably mistakenly formed conclusions that GY and JH were together. I don't think he is ignorant/prideful - he remembers all the people that stand by him when he was poor - he shares his wealth with everyone and even keeps a portion for GY.

@ the red part: How do you know that history will repeat itself this time? Once again, it’s a Korean drama. How would you know about this outcome? Why can playboys become gentlemen in other Korean dramas? It didn’t seem like history repeated itself after those other dude met the “right” girl *cough cough*, the female protagonist. Give this dude a chance.

Don’t tell us that we’re all too foolish because we believe in men like Jae Hyuk AND YOUNG GUL in reality. I know the difference between reality and dramaland. In reality, I would have run away from those two dudes a long time ago. In dramaland, these dudes get to redeem themselves because they love the girls like crazy. Besides, this is a drama, not some slice of life or some psychoanalysis documentary. 

When I say history repeats itself, I mean Anna and JH scenerio. History has already repeat itself in their case. I will give this dude a chance if he is really in love - but he isn't for reasons mentioned above. The only one he loves is himself. 

@ the orange part: Jae Hyuk didn’t fall in love with Ga Young for business. He didn’t do everything for her because of his daddy or mommy. I don’t think he was trying to prove anything to them or the business world by liking her. Why should he go all the way to her house to feed her? He knows that she doesn’t like him, so why does he keep trying?

The truth is, most of things he does, has a hidden agenda for business - he wanted to poach GY because she was talented. He wanted Anna to go back to Korea with him when he saw how successful she is. Remember the fact that his dad was only impressed with Anna due to her supposed 'talent' which was actually GY. And so yes, ending up with GY would impress his dad due to her talent. 

And the fact is that his 'love' interest in GY only started after both his dad and the chief designer acknowledge her talent.

@ the underlined part: Haha- if Jae Hyuk was a girl then obviously SHE wouldn’t act like that to Ga Young. She would become another Anna. I don’t get what’s your point of turning Jae Hyuk into a girl. What does Jae Hyuk have to do with being good-looking so some of us are shipping him and Ga Young? I've liked a lot of male characters who weren't good-looking. I honestly didn’t like him at first, but after seeing some of his kind gestures, I began to have faith in where his character was heading.

And that is exactly my point. If JH is a girl, you would see her as Anna. Isn't this double standards here? You obviously hate Anna but sympathize with JH. Lets imagine for a moment that JH is a girl and GY is a guy - now would you be able to see JH as the manipulative and vindictive person he is? What kind gestures? His gestures are with motives and intentions - there is nothing kind about them at all. Its only if you don't expect anything in return. 

I don't know if Jae Hyuk is still power hungry, but it seems like after he got Ga Young, he's not focusing on bringing Young Gul down anymore. So he does love Ga Young, but in a twisted way? I don't know. It's up to the scriptwriters in the end. They can pull the characters towards any pole they like and give leniency to any character they wish.

The reason why there is no focus in bringing down YG is simply because he thought that YG was nothing without GY. He thought that GY was the talented one and YG had no hand in their success. He was surprised when GG was such a success. And he was unhappy because his dad actually wanted to meet YG. What can he do to bring down YG now?

Yeah, Jae Hyuk was being extremely nasty to Anna when he said that "if she had talent then none of this would have happened". Nonetheless, it was true though. I'm not saying the way he's treating Anna is proper, but Anna isn't the woman he's in love with. Perhaps, he was never in love with her after-all. I'm not trying to defend him here, but I'm saying that he's consistent with his character. He was never a nice guy anyway. He's only nice to Ga Young because he likes/loves her. You can argue all you want that he only loves her or follows because of Young Gul, but the same thing can be applied to Young Gul. Young Gul only realized that he loves Ga Young because of Jae Hyuk, and he only reacted after she left him. Keep in mind that Jae Hyuk liked Ga Young before he knew there was anything between Young Gul and Ga Young.

I don't know where you get the point that JH liked GY before he knew there was anything between them... When did he like GY? He got close to GY initially because he wanted to collaborate/takeover YGM. And JH has always thought that there was something between YG and GY ever since he saw them having a candlelit dinner in US.

Actually I think that even now, YG is confused about his feelings for GY - he is probably confused on whether it is just brotherly feelings or otherwise.

By the way, if those were your arguments for Jae Hyuk, then I also don't see why Ga Young should end up with Young Gul. Keep in mind that these are fictional characters, so the writers can redeem them whenever they want. It's not like in reality, where "once a cheater, will always be a cheater".

I never said that GY should end up with YG. But if there is only two choices YG is the better choice. YG has never been a cheater. I do not need the writers to redeem them. All I need to say is that YG has never intentionally hurt GY while JH has. And YG is the better person here. 

LOL ... bad plot and writing, dysfunctional characters or not .... you can see a drama's got into us somehow, if we can all comment so much on it.! Hi again folks! :lol:

Ones can easily getting caught up with what's on the surface, the lovely-dovey moments with cute characters (entertainment value) and forgetting about the reality. Ones can be vocal about love and actively chasing after a woman with adorable acts, but a lot of time you gotta look at the overall picture and search deeper than that in a long term relationship.

No I am NOT blind to JH ... repeatedly, I always start all my comments by saying that they're BOTH as*holes.

And I won't pick either guy, if I were GY - no matter how impressive, they're both too ego-charged and showy for my personal preference. People can be quietly successful without needing to show it - that's way more impressive.

Those egos are compensating for a lot of deep-rooted insecurity, which GY the partner, will have to deal with.

But, for the moment and if there HAD to be some pairing - I see JH's actions to GY as being more genuine and kind, than YG's. How hurtful can YG get? Even if the person you love (and I am not even convincedYG loves her - a cooked b'fast and a dress does not sway me if you're mean to me 10x in comparison) has presumably hurt you - do you retaliate back by going out with Anna or dumping out her belongings onto the street? does YG even consider how GY feels when he stays out repeatedly with Anna?

The dumping of her bags, and being flippant with her in front of Anna = that's just plain disrespectful. The dude's reactively immature and impulsive which I don't like.

i have been reading comments like JH loves GY. Lets get this straight, JH does NOT love GY. HE LOVES HIMSELF the most. He can't bear to get himself hurt. If you love someone, you would not do things on purpose to upset her. He has said before - if he can't have her heart, he would do anything to keep her person next to him. If he really loves GY, he would try to make her happy. He knows that the one that GY loves is YG, but he has time and time again on purpose created misunderstandings between GY and YG.

Seriously, all he cares about is his own feelings! Has he ever stopped to consider the feelings of others?

No, he can’t – never been brought up that way. He’s the product of his crazy 'refined' parents’ brand of upbringing.

Slaps or stabs in the dark solves everything. :phew:

The dinner has been extremely manipulative - many of you have said that it is to help GY get over YG - that totally wrong. It is to create more misunderstanding between GY and YG so that it is impossible for them to be together again

Perhaps that dinner was 'to create misunderstanding', but to me – I don't see it like that. That doesn’t make as much sense.

JH would actually prefer GY to see much LESS of YG, whatever the circumstances.

Have you also thought it could inversely also reinforce her pining of YG, to see him?

I don't get it why Anna and YG accepted the invite either - are they masochistic suckers for punishment? Their encounters with JH are always brimming with venom.

Rather, I believe that dinner was his forced-concession delivery of h/w to his domineering dad. The Emperor who had insisted JH had to foster business connections with this up and coming possible competitor/possible young upstart YG. As in, check out the competition, before it bites you in the butt.

Ironically, what dad (or mom) is not privvy to is: how 'close' and 'clued in' his son is already to YG and his every move (be it business or romance). :lol:

A little amazing how mom didn't know either - I was impressed mommy Dowager had photos of Anna in YG's red dress hugging YG that warranted the Anna-slapping. How does her ninja private investigator creep into basements and take such candid shots in private-quarters, unnoticed? :ph34r:

It would be extremely awkward (and likely outright refusal from YG) if JH had arranged for a 2some meal with YG.

And probably even more awkward if a 3some with YG and GY … so he created the un-cosy 4some for his dinner plans.

The way I see the reasoning behind the dinner:

(1) JH can formally account to dad that he had done his h//w – as dad requested – to check this guy (YG) out.

R’ber JH asking during dinner YG that dad had requested a meeting with him? And then was so flabbergasted that YG had the audacity to actually turn down a meeting with da Emperor himself?

(2) Whatever his motives - I think he was actually trying to ‘act the hero’ or play the part of the nice guy part ... to GY - by fostering neighborly relationships. Like how you give your new neighbor a dish you cooked or a bottle of wine ?

(3) He also wanted more opportunity to see GY – albeit without any consideration as to how she was a pawn in all his plans.

She already refused lunch sampling of his carefully prepared 3 sushi boxes. And he can't turn up once again to eat up all her lunchbox rice again, can he? :phew:

Yes, I agree "manipulative" - but this dude only knows one way to operate. Self-centredly.

*Btw ... has no one found it really unprofessional and weird that they're allowed to eat (food!! contamination!!) in an environment with fabrics (bug attraction, smell, oil-stains - biodegradable .... etc etc ) and touch those precious fabric and high end couture clothing at the same time?? :blink:

Libraries don't allow food and drink for a good reason ...and clothing factories and showrooms do? It bothers me every time to see GY eating kimchi (the smell) or her stews (again it's pungent - I sit slurping my jjigaes, and all my clothing smells of that when I come home. Even the Winter jacket, which sits on a eperate chair away from the food.

Seriously, when has YG hurt GY on purpose? GY has been hurt by her own feelings - she is hurt only because she has feelings for YG. There has been no circumstances when YG hurt GY on purpose.

Going off with Anna … throwing her bags out on the street reactively ---- offhand, I can think of those, and personally I would find those actions hurtful. He can at least give her enough consideration and respect to wait for her to come back to pick up her own belongings. If the dude not also thinking of his own feelings only? Has YG ever bothers to account for his all-nighters with Anna ... but yet be soooooo hurt when GY has unexplainable sleepovers at JH? :crazy:

I guess I just don’t respect YG very much – because I find him brash, uncouth, impulsive and sometimes immaturely too-reactive. If you have all that pride and that much hot air, dude – then prove it, and on your own strengths.

And please don’t ever buy an apartment opposite your enemy either – that’s just UNclassy – it’s revealing of what’s really going inside your head, despite all your outward nonchalent bravado.

He's acting like some country hick that's never seen much $ and about to unwisely blow it all away.

Hence the huge wardrobe, private chauffeur and all. I would way RESPECT YG in ep 14 more ... if he maintained his cool, nonchalent basement lifestyle ... or bought himself some rugged Jeep or something (which would be more in character with him, than his tailored chauffeur) .... and carried on wearing his funky Dongdaemun fashions.

Instead of screaming so blatantly, with his actions: "Enemy, I so want to be like YOU!".

Just a musing, did YG's fancy apartment come with that fancy wardrobe that looks like a total JH wardrobe replica? I know he's rich but that doesnt mean his grubby wardrobe from the factory suddenly triples in size with fancy suits and clothes and with a wide array of slick leather shoes and branded watches? Did he go for some major shopping or can I really just assume that the fancy apartment came with all that fancy interior hahha. And the chauffeur he suddenly had after buying the car. Came free with the car i suppose. What cant you do with money. This sudden rag to riches thing just happened so quickly and smoothly that I didn't feel the transition well at all. Sigh...please writers, do something. logical.

See above comments. His whole transformation is rather revealing - I would much rather YG stick true to character and his own brand of 'rebel' principles/beliefs, even with his nouveau-riche $5 million mentality. B)

Bec, that will indicate to me it's what he really believes in, and I would give credibility to his coolness and individuality. All of which will make me respect him. The basement has character ... be proud of your beginnings and who you are, dude.If you can say "up yours" = MEAN IT!

Maintain his own flavor, be proud of himself = NOT try to show to JH he too can be JH #2 - with the exact condo in the same blding, with the clothes, car + chauffeur..

That's ironically, just so wannabe. If I were JH, I would be amused and flattered - NOT mad to see YG in the same elevator. Imitation is the best form of flattery!

With merely $5 million (that's just pocket change to JH. Dude, have you considered?)

But it's your entire assets, and JH knows it too (r'ber he gave that $5 million to you?). So really, what exactly are you trying to prove - that you now have $5 million to afford the same lifestyle ... compared to JH's $50 million?

Ok, so this is Kdrama world. But in real life, IF used unwisely - that $5 million splashed unwisely here and there can go in a flash. And you'd have little $$$ left to bail yourself out legally .... if JH pulls any more dirty moves. Wisdom, class and discreet good taste just cannot be bought.

And btw YG’s not beyond stooping low himself too – including fraud (the imposter investors).

And I absolutely have to say this... To all JH&GY supporters:

Have you guys considered what a lousy boyfriend JH makes? All you guys can see is he treats GY so nicely - he takes care of her and feed her and even bought her lunch/dinner, he is so sweet... He does so much for her... Blah blah and blah... Nonsense. He treats GY nicely because he wants her to fall for him. He knows what is it that upsets her - in fact he is the one who plotted the whole falling out of GY and YG. And now after plotting the falling out, he decides to play the nice guy, that he did all that he did just to get her... How sweet... NOT!

I see YG as being the same lousy bf longterm.

A b'fast and a dress (which btw is downright ugly) does not make up for all the lousy times he doles out.

If GY breaks up with JH ... at least she walks away with a house and car.

He is actually the cause of all of GY's problems with YG. He is manipulative and vindictive and would stop at nothing to get what he wants.

Look at how he treated Anna - he abandoned her once and promised her that this time round it would be different. Was it any different? Anna was still hurt by his mum. And he was never there to protect her. Anna had to protect herself and stand up for herself, and for this, I applaud her.

PS. Those GY&JH shippers, please enlighten me on why you guys would want such an innocent sweet girl like GY to be with a manipulative, vindictive two-timing jerk like JH. I do not see the logic at all.

Because I do NOT see much future with YG either. Dude has communication and impulse issues.

If GY breaks up with JH ... at least she walks away with a house and car. One way to independence while nursing her emotional wounds. Just being realistic here.

PPPS. And I have to add this, no wonder guys like to complain that girls usually end up with jerks... Love is indeed blind, girls usually fall for the guy that treats her nicely without seeing the true character of the guy. GRR. I wish more girls would open their eyes and see for themselves whether the guy character is worth falling for. Cuz usually when a guy is chasing a girl, he is bound to be sweet, caring and everything nice. Only through the guy's personality and character can you see whether he is a guy where you can spend the rest of your life with. Girls, choose wisely!

I have my eyes wide open to both guys.

To me – they’re BOTH cads and douchebag-as*hole calibre, way too full of themselves and with super-charged egos. I DO see JH past his selective charm for the total jerk that he is. And note that while he storms and pouts, he's very much still under his parents' control.

But at least he has the balls and decency to stand up for GY, even in face of Dowager's furious wrath.

I don't see YG doing similar for GY, when with Anna Choi.

IF ultimately GY has to end up with some pairing … then I’d rather the target be JH - to me, the lesser of two evils.

At least he will be nicer to her, for however long.

And I also do think GY brings out a softer, more playful and more vulnerable side of JH, which is actually a positive plus to his development ... so who really knows? She just might be his 'IT' girl - for keeps. :P

The communication with YG is totally 'off' half the time, and she often bites her tongue with him and then sobs quietly instead – unhealthy. How does it bode well for their future?

Even if she ends up getting divorced from JH – let’s be pragmatic here – GY will be financially better off of stand on her own feet.

Which is why I reiterate what I said before: I would prefer GY to be be self-reliantly independent or with guy #3. These only two choices we have are dysfunctional.

I'd MUCH rather the meek GY grow a spine of her own, branch out independently instead of being caught in this petty tug-of-war between these 2 male super-egos .... and have a business/romance of her own and be with someone else totally different. Or on her own. leading life her own way - way more peaceful

PS. Anyone want to venture a guess what does GG stand for? Goodbye GY? Good luck GY? Girls Generation? Haha. =P

GG = Ga-Gul/ Gul-Ga ….. ie, a combi of both their names, and a trying-to-be-cool knockoff attempt to imitate Gucci or Chanel (logo-wise)?

Guest madame

But, for the moment and if there HAD to be some pairing - I see JH's actions to GY as being more genuine and kind, than YG's. How hurtful can YG get? Even if the person you love (and I am not even convincedYG loves her - a cooked b'fast and a dress does not sway me if you're mean to me 10x in comparison) has presumably hurt you - do you retaliate back by going out with Anna or dumping out her belongings onto the street? does YG even consider how GY feels when he stays out repeatedly with Anna?

The dumping of her bags, and being flippant with her in frotn of Anna = that's just plain disrespectful. The dude's reactively immature and impulsive which I don't like. 

Going off with Anna … throwing her bags out on the street reactively ---- offhand, I can think of those, and personally I would find those actions hurtful. He can at least give her enough consideration and respect to wait for her to come back to pick up her own belongings. If the dude not also thinking of his own feelings only? Has YG ever bothers to account for his all-nighters with Anna ... but yet be soooooo hurt when GY has unexplainable sleepovers at JH?  :crazy:  

JH actions isn't genuine in anyway. He wants her to love him, so obviously he is going to play nice with her. But who created the whole scenario in the first place. Who allowed all the misunderstandings to occur? Just feeding her when she is sick and taking care of her when she is drunk is going to erase all he did to get her to stay by his side despite knowing that it would hurt her to be away from YG?

YG has NEVER EVER called Anna. All these times, it was Anna who would call YG after she got hurt from JH. Yes, he dumped her bags out but he regretted it almost instantly and he stopped her from leaving and carried all the bags in. 

YG has the rights to not bother to account for his all-nighter (and that happened only one time) and still be hurt. 

Yes, YG is immature and impulsive. Isn't JH just as immature and as impulsive? In fact I would say that JH is even more immature and impulsive.

Perhaps that dinner was 'to create misunderstanding', but to me –  I don't see it like that. That doesn’t make as much sense.

JH would actually prefer GY to see much LESS of YG. 

I don't get it why Anna and YG accepted the invite either - are they masochistic suckers for punishment? Their encounters with JH are always brimming with venom. 

Rather, I believe that dinner was his forced concession delivery of h/w to his domineering dad. The Emperor who had insisted JH had to foster business connections with this up and coming possible competitor/possible young upstart. As in, check out the compeittion before it bites you in the butt. 

Yes the dinner was for the dad. BUT, If the dinner was only for show due to his dad - he wouldn't have to ask GY. He purposely asked GY along because he knew that YG and Anna would get the wrong idea after seeing GY. He even purposely asked GY to open the door. Usually, its the owner of the house that would open the door - not the guest. He did it on purpose so that YG and Anna would be mistaken. 

Not forgetting the fact that he wiped her mouth with his hand - a very intimate gesture. 

He could have eaten dinner with GY any other time - why do this?

To me, JH is already a monster - the writers do not have to rub it in anymore.

Guest Starlitelet

JH is not hurting GY indirectly - he is hurting her directly. He knows that GY likes YG - so by forcing her to go over to J-fashion is hurting GY. And there were many times in which he purposely manipulated YG into thinking that there is a relationship between GY and him. JH also said that YG gave up GY over 5 million when in actual fact JH had to buy over YGM with 5 million due to his dad's interest and for the better of the company.

Yes, I know this is a Korean drama - but even in Korean drama-land, the characters change over time and not with a flip of a coin. Dramas would still need to maintain some resemblance to real-life to convince people of the plot.

He didn't exactly force her to go over to J-Fashion. He threatened her at first, and it was wrong. Though, he let it go afterwards, and she didn't come back to J-Fashion. I never said that his way of loving her was correct. I will only be convinced that he doesn't love her, if he throws her away like Anna. I will judge him, once I see that. You're right that it's not true love if he's treating her the way he is at the moment. Though, I still see that he loves her. I don't know about being "in love", but he must love her that much to waste his time on her.

Well, Young Gul also tried to make Jae Hyuk misunderstand about him and Anna... so I don't really see the difference in that. They're all throwing invisible daggers at each other.

That wasn't what I meant when I said in Korean dramaland, characters can change over time like a flip of a coin. I meant that in real-life people will most likely stay consistent, and continue their bad habits throughout. For example, a cheater will most likely stay a cheater. However, in Korean dramas, they're able to manipulate that factor. They're given that leniency. So I don't see why it's wrong to have faith in Jae Hyuk's character. He has shown some sincerity. It just depends on how you look at it, I guess.

DO NOT USE THE WORD LOVE SO EASILY!

My gosh, just because he thinks of her all the time doesn't mean that he is in love - he can be infatuated, in lust. But to say that he is in love just cuz of that? That is hilarious.

When you say someone is in love, I expect some sort of sacrifice - Is JH willing to sacrifice for GY? No. If he was truly in love, he would know that GY being with YG is the only thing that will make her happy - he would have never orchestrated all the misunderstandings between GY and YG. He would have tried his best to let GY be happy despite getting hurt in the process. And that is LOVE. Not just thinking about a person.

I don't think I used the words "in love". I said that he loves her, or at least in his twisted way. However, what if he is in love with her? Maybe his way of being in love is different? There are many kinds of love, and it depends on how you perceive it. I don't think he has true love for her because if he did then he'd want her to be happy. However, I think his love for her is real because he cares about her well-being even though he might hurt her at times by trying to destroy her Young Gul. If he was infatuated or was in lust with her, then it'd be more like how Young Gul treated Anna at the beginning in NY. Then again, this is just my opinion.

None of the dudes are truly in love with her at this point, IMO. I find there's a fine line between "in love", "true love", and just "love".

About Anna, if you want proof about their love - remember YG stealing JH's wallet? In JH's wallet, he found a picture of Anna with the words, 'Anna, with love, forever'. And at that point of time, JH and Anna have been broken up for 2 years. For him to keep a photo of her in his wallet for 2 years - I would say that means more than what he has been doing to GY all these while.

If Anna was in for JH's money, she would have never left JH. Simple as that. To come back to a guy despite having a successful career in US is due to the fact that she does in fact have real feelings for him. I would say that Anna went to YG because she was hurt and is on a rebound. No love there, perhaps lust. Please give me proof of Anna degrading herself throughout the show. Yes, she was lashing out at GY quite a few times but if your boyfriend was in love with another girl, wouldn't you want to hurt that girl too in one way or another? That is human nature.

Like I typed, maybe they thought that was true love, but it actually wasn't? I mean, sometimes people think they're truly in love, but in the end they weren't after-all?

Wait, are you talking about when Anna left Jae Hyuk after Young Gul became successful or before then? She wasn't having a successful career in the US, no? I thought she was having major problems at Michael's workplace, so she sought the opportunity to go back with Jae Hyuk to Korea.

Anna went to Young Gul because she was hurt, but she only officially went to his company after he became successful. It's so low of Young Gul to accept Anna, after she insulted him at the bars... to me, it seemed like she looked down on him because he had NOTHING.

Anna is degrading herself because both guys used or are using her as pawn. The truth is, she's an obstacle to both men. They'll eventually want to get rid of her, but she continuously tries to hang on to one of them. At least, this is just how I'm seeing it. She dislikes Ga Young, and insults her from time to time with absolute useless assumptions, that at the end of the day/drama, it's her that's getting the short-run. She used to be more independent, but now, she has become even more needy. I feel like the only reason she's earning a living or has become big is because Jae Hyuk helped establish her.

I am not sure whether is right to say  JH has nothing and YG has it all. JH was the one who pushed Anna away. In fact I would say that Anna still has feelings for him and YG is just a rebound. YG is probably using Anna as a rebound too as he has probably mistakenly formed conclusions that GY and JH were together. I don't think he is ignorant/prideful - he remembers all the people that stand by him when he was poor - he shares his wealth with everyone and even keeps a portion for GY.

I don't know why you are disgusted with Anna and YG cuddling. They are both single - no harm there. They are probably using each other to get over the hurt. I would be more disgusted that JH kissed GY when he was drunk when he was still attached to Anna.

For sure, Anna still has feelings for Jae Hyuk. However, I find that those feelings of her are more like simple "old memories" she's hanging onto instead. She's living an illusion - haha.

I meant Young Gul is too ignorant and prideful when it comes to Ga Young. I already typed that Young Gul is a better man than Jae Hyuk when it comes to treating other people.

I am disgusted by Anna and Young Gul cuddling because they're both losers trying to pretend to be happy. Ga Young repeatedly crawls back to Young Gul and even admits she made a mistake to join J-Fashion, but he brushes her off as if she's a sore bug. Jeez, he must be really good at turning his feelings off because she has come to him like a lost puppy countless of times, and the same thing happens over and over. He ends up insulting her instead. He then goes on to think about her after she's gone... and ends up cuddling with Anna to forget. That's just not right IMO. You don't use someone as a rebound when you're loving someone else. At least Jae Hyuk, acted coldly towards Anna even when they were in a relationship. What I'm trying to say is that even though Jae Hyuk was in a relationship with Anna (pshhh... more like word-by-mouth relationship because everyone thought they were in a relationship, but they surely didn't act like a couple together), he never kissed her or gave any affectionate feelings for her. So I didn't mind that he liked Ga Young, while he was in that non-existent relationship with Anna. On the other hand, Young Gul keeps on thinking about Ga Young and for sure he loves her more than he likes Anna, but he gives Anna the affectionate feelings. That's what I don't understand.

The truth is, most of things he does, has a hidden agenda for business - he wanted to poach GY because she was talented. He wanted Anna to go back to Korea with him when he saw how successful she is. Remember the fact that his dad was only impressed with Anna due to her supposed 'talent' which was actually GY. And so yes, ending up with GY would impress his dad due to her talent.

You're right that he originally wanted to use Ga Young because she was talented, but somewhere along the way, he began to grow fond of her. I find that he grew to like her because she was authentic, and she loved Young Gul for his loyalty and not his money. I guess Jae Hyuk kinda felt jealous of her love for Young Gul.

Young Gul also had several hidden agendas when it came to Ga Young though.

And that is exactly my point. If JH is a girl, you would see her as Anna. Isn't this double standards here? You obviously hate Anna but sympathize with JH. Lets imagine for a moment that JH is a girl and GY is a guy - now would you be able to see JH as the manipulative and vindictive person he is? What kind gestures? His gestures are with motives and intentions - there is nothing kind about them at all. Its only if you don't expect anything in return.

Uhhh wait a second. You never said they had gender reversals. I thought you only meant Jae Hyuk being the girl. Ok, if Ga Young was a guy then I wouldn't think the girl (Jae Hyuk) is leeching off from the boy (Ga Young) because the boy has no money. I'd think the girl is trying to find ways to get closer to the boy.

Ok, to each their own about kind gestures and whatnot. There's no point in arguing in that because everyone sees things differently ... especially when it comes to majorly flawed characters.

The reason why there is no focus in bringing down YG is simply because he thought that YG was nothing without GY. He thought that GY was the talented one and YG had no hand in their success. He was surprised when GG was such a success. And he was unhappy because his dad actually wanted to meet YG. What can he do to bring down YG now?

Hmm... good reason happy.gif.

I don't know where you get the point that JH liked GY before he knew there was anything between them... When did he like GY? He got close to GY initially because he wanted to collaborate/takeover YGM. And JH has always thought that there was something between YG and GY ever since he saw them having a candlelit dinner in US.

Actually I think that even now, YG is confused about his feelings for GY - he is probably confused on whether it is just brotherly feelings or otherwise.

Jae Hyuk liked Ga Young when he had flashbacks of her, and when he was little Trump like someone else mentioned - haha laugh.gif. Anyway, he liked Ga Young in NY before knowing that there was any connection between her and Young Gul.

Well, if Young Gul is still confused about his feelings at this point, then it's his loss.

I never said that GY should end up with YG. But if there is only two choices YG is the better choice. YG has never been a cheater. I do not need the writers to redeem them. All I need to say is that YG has never intentionally hurt GY while JH has. And YG is the better person here.

Sorry, if I typed anything of you saying that Ga Young should end up with Young Gul. I'm just saying that to those who ship Ga Young and Young Gul... Young Gul has just as many flaws to debate on.

So you're saying that if Young Gul figures out that he is truly in love with Ga Young, then everything is alright between Ga Young and Young Gul? I believe Young Gul has more working/apologizing to do than Jae Hyuk. The only thing we're unsure about Jae Hyuk is that he might ditch Ga Young like his other girls. However, he has not done something as hurtful as Young Gul to Ga Young, be it intentional or unintentional.

Guest kcomments

:sweatingbullets: My wild guess is, YG/Anna and JH/GY may try to be together for a while, say until ep19? And (if the main lead would end up together) each couple may reach a mutual decision to break up, because they realize on their own that they actually are not compatible.

Then may be the four would go on his/her own way and years later when they become more mature, they meet again, may be in NY? GY and YG may meet again at the place where they lived together, she was rambling about it when they were back in NY and he said he would take her there next time. Well, something to this line, imo, is quite acceptable (in real life as well).

I still believe YG and GY will find their way back to be together but may be after long separation. Also, I believe JH has some deep feeling for Anna that he won't be happy seeing her with YG (even if he has GY by his side), but he's too much into his dad/business to learn his true heart. I don't think Anna will take him back tho, may be she will start her new love and get married in NY with a new nice guy (and I like it this way, the girl deserves her happiness in the end).

I wonder what will happen to Madam Jo and her daughter. And who will be the Fashion King? I still believe YG has more talent than GY. It's the matter of what he wants to do with it.

All in all, I would like to see a reasonable conclusion whether it be YG/GY or JH/GY. And 'GG' is something we can't underestimate YG what it stands for.

Took a long break from Soompi, this drama brought me back, just to add my two cents blush.gif

Guest madame

He didn't exactly force her to go over to J-Fashion. He threatened her at first, and it was wrong. Though, he let it go afterwards, and she didn't come back to J-Fashion. I never said that his way of loving her was correct. I will only be convinced that he doesn't love her, if he throws her away like Anna. I will judge him, once I see that. You're right that it's not true love if he's treating her the way he is at the moment. Though, I still see that he loves her. I don't know about being "in love", but he must love her that much to waste his time on her.

Well, Young Gul also tried to make Jae Hyuk misunderstand about him and Anna... so I don't really see the difference in that. They're all throwing invisible daggers at each other.

YG has never tried to make JH misunderstand. It was Anna who wanted to make JH misunderstand. YG has NEVER EVER called Anna first.

I don't think I used the words "in love". I said that he loves her, or at least in his twisted way. However, what if he is in love with her? Maybe his way of being in love is different? There are many kinds of love, and it depends on how you perceive it. I don't think he has true love for her because if he did then he'd want her to be happy. However, I think his love for her is real because he cares about her well-being even though he might hurt her at times by trying to destroy her Young Gul. If he was infatuated or was in lust with her, then it'd be more like how Young Gul treated Anna at the beginning in NY. Then again, this is just my opinion.

None of the dudes are truly in love with her at this point, IMO. I find there's a fine line between "in love", "true love", and just "love".

Like I typed, maybe they thought that was true love, but it actually wasn't? I mean, sometimes people think they're truly in love, but in the end they weren't after-all? 

Love should not be used as such a cheap word - use lust, like, infatuated, starry-eyed - whatever, just not love, and that is my opinion.

To me its obvious that if a guy is only interested in keeping you around despite you being in love with another guy is a clear sign that the guy is not in love with me. 

And a clear sign that he is a selfish jerk. 

Wait, are you talking about when Anna left Jae Hyuk after Young Gul became successful or before then? She wasn't having a successful career in the US, no? I thought she was having major problems at Michael's workplace, so she sought the opportunity to go back with Jae Hyuk to Korea.

Anna went to Young Gul because she was hurt, but she only officially went to his company after he became successful. It's so low of Young Gul to accept Anna, after she insulted him at the bars... to me, it seemed like she looked down on him because he had NOTHING.

Anna is degrading herself because both guys used or are using her as pawn. The truth is, she's an obstacle to both men. They'll eventually want to get rid of her, but she continuously tries to hang on to one of them. At least, this is just how I'm seeing it. She dislikes Ga Young, and insults her from time to time with absolute useless assumptions, that at the end of the day/drama, it's her that's getting the short-run. She used to be more independent, but now, she has become even more needy. I feel like the only reason she's earning a living or has become big is because Jae Hyuk helped establish her.

Anna was successful. She was designer at Michael which is a global brand and had HUGE OFFICE SPACE in NY. Yes, huge expensive office space is a sign of success. Anna has mentioned that her job at a designer at Michael was MUCH MORE prestigious than being a designer at J-fashion which is just a Korean brand. Yes, she might have felt that she was under-appreciated by Michael but she was still successful. She was not having problems, everybody has a bad day at work. If she was having problems, Michael, being such a diva would not have kept her around. She actually rejected the offer until JH told her that he was still in love with her and promise her that this time things will be different. 

Anna only went to YG's office officially after she was fired by JH... Please get the facts right. Anna and YG have became friends after Anna has helped YG when he ran into problems JH created. Yes, Anna has her own agenda which YG doesn't see. I don't see why YG should not accept Anna especially Anna can contribute to the business. I am a firm believer that love and business should not mix in order for the business to be successful. No.1 reason why JH is such a failure at business.

I don't see the fact that Anna was used as a pawn. She went to J-fashion only because she thought that JH loves her. Going to J-fashion is a career downgrade for her. In fact, Anna is the one who used YG as a pawn - she could have chose to work anywhere given her resume (cmon her resume is like brilliant) but she chose YY to get back at both JH and GY. She is the one using YG.

Obviously she would insult GY. She has every reason to hate GY. She believes that GY stole her boyfriend from her. Its human nature to hate the third party.

I am disgusted by Anna and Young Gul cuddling because they're both losers trying to pretend to be happy. Ga Young repeatedly crawls back to Young Gul and even admits she made a mistake to join J-Fashion, but he brushes her off as if she's a sore bug. Jeez, he must be really good at turning his feelings off because she has come to him like a lost puppy countless of times, and the same thing happens over and over. He ends up insulting her instead. He then goes on to think about her after she's gone... and ends up cuddling with Anna to forget. That's just not right IMO. You don't use someone as a rebound when you're loving someone else. At least Jae Hyuk, acted coldly towards Anna even when they were in a relationship. What I'm trying to say is that even though Jae Hyuk was in a relationship with Anna (pshhh... more like word-by-mouth relationship because everyone thought they were in a relationship, but they surely didn't act like a couple together), he never kissed her or gave any affectionate feelings for her. So I didn't mind that he liked Ga Young, while he was in that non-existent relationship with Anna. On the other hand, Young Gul keeps on thinking about Ga Young and for sure he loves her more than he likes Anna, but he gives Anna the affectionate feelings. That's what I don't understand.

Anna and YG are using each other as a rebound. No one gets hurt. I am not saying it is right - it  is understandable. JH is a huge jerk because he proposed marriage to Anna and the next thing he does is to fly to US to look for GY. Very classy. *sarcasm*

You're right that he originally wanted to use Ga Young because she was talented, but somewhere along the way, he began to grow fond of her. I find that he grew to like her because she was authentic, and she loved Young Gul for his loyalty and not his money. I guess Jae Hyuk felt jealous of her love for Young Gul.

Young Gul also had several hidden agendas when it came to Ga Young though.

Several hidden agendas? Please explain. From my point of view, its pretty aboveboard - he wants to use her talent. 

Uhhh wait a second. You never said they had gender reversals. I thought you only meant Jae Hyuk being the girl. Ok, if Ga Young was a guy then I wouldn't think the girl (Jae Hyuk) is leeching off from the boy (Ga Young) because the boy has no money. I'd think the girl is trying to find ways to get closer to the boy.

You would think that the girl is a richard simmons because she is clinging onto boy GY despite knowing that he is in love with someone else. And the fact that girl JH manipulates main girl YG into thinking that JH&GY is in love is down right despicable. You would also think that JH would be trying to leech off GY's talent. Doesn't girl JH sound like the much hated usual second lead girl character in Korean drama? Right? Amazing what a gender role reversal would do isn't it? 

Jae Hyuk liked Ga Young when he had flashbacks of her, and when he was little Trump like someone else mentioned - haha *quoted image*. Anyway, he liked Ga Young in NY before knowing that there was any connection between her and Young Gul.

Well, if Young Gul is still confused about his feelings at this point, then it's his loss.

So you're saying that if Young Gul figures out that he is truly in love with Ga Young, then everything is alright between Ga Young and Young Gul? I believe Young Gul has more working/apologizing to do than Jae Hyuk. The only thing we're unsure about Jae Hyuk is that he might ditch Ga Young like his other girls. However, he has not done something as hurtful as Young Gul to Ga Young, be it intentional or unintentional.

Okay I am going to explain YG stupid actions in another post. What has YG done to GY that was more hurtful? Please elaborate. JH has pushed GY away from YG despite knowing that GY loves YG.  That is the most hurtful thing to GY. The only reason why GY is not so hurt by JH is because she doesn't love him. The fact that she doesn't love him is the real reason why he can't hurt her. And GY has been hurt by YG only because she loves him. No other reason.

Guest madame

Okay an explanation for YG's stupid actions towards GY. 

HE IS IN LOVE WITH GY. 

So why did YG reject GY? 

First, lets recall the time when YG remembered seeing GY during his younger days. The age of GY was around the same age of his little sister when he left home. This was the period of time when he left home to earn money for his little sister. He helped GY because she reminded him of his little sister. And after he recollected the memory, he pass a parcel of money to GY to allow her to further her studies overseas.

GY became a surrogate for his sister. And he had brotherly feelings for her initially. Remember when he was in NY and they met Anna, YG told GY that he hoped that GY would one day grow up to be just like Anna. Again, further proof of him treating her as a little sister.

He has commented before that GY was young and innocent and one day she would grow up and understand - again, brotherly feelings towards her. 

However, his feelings started to change. And he tried his best to squash those feelings through his stupid actions.

He started realizing that GY loved him after GY's brave little peck. But he drew the line between the both of them, saying that they were employer-employee relationship,

Why was he so desperate to reject her feelings and his own feelings?

Lets take a look at YG's sexual life. We know that YG is a very promiscuous guy - sleeping with the girlfriend of a yakuza boss, kissing Anna cuz he is in lust with her.

He knows that GY loves him but he has never  once taken advantage of her. And why not? GY would be very willing.

Instead, he tried his best to draw the boundaries and lines between the both of them. He is flippant with her and reminds her that they are nothing more than a employer-employee relationship. He hugs her tightly, hold her hands then later make a hurtful remark that 'she is not his wife'. He pushes her away. And he tries his best to believe that he only has brotherly feelings for her.

There can only be one reason for all his actions. He believes that he is not good enough for her. He believes that there will be someone out there that would love her and give her what she deserves.

He is trying to stop her from loving him. 

But that doesn't mean that it can stop him from loving her.

And that is why... He is hurt.

PS. So what do you guys think of my conclusion?

Guest Starlitelet

YG has never tried to make JH misunderstand. It was Anna who wanted to make JH misunderstand. YG has NEVER EVER called Anna first.

Love should not be used as such a cheap word - use lust, like, infatuated, starry-eyed - whatever, just not love, and that is my opinion.

To me its obvious that if a guy is only interested in keeping you around despite you being in love with another guy is a clear sign that the guy is not in love with me. 

And a clear sign that he is a selfish jerk. 

Anna was successful. She was designer at Michael which is a global brand and had HUGE OFFICE SPACE in NY. Yes, huge expensive office space is a sign of success. Anna has mentioned that her job at a designer at Michael was MUCH MORE prestigious than being a designer at J-fashion which is just a Korean brand. Yes, she might have felt that she was under-appreciated by Michael but she was still successful. She was not having problems, everybody has a bad day at work. If she was having problems, Michael, being such a diva would not have kept her around. She actually rejected the offer until JH told her that he was still in love with her and promise her that this time things will be different. 

Anna only went to YG's office officially after she was fired by JH... Please get the facts right. Anna and YG have became friends after Anna has helped YG when he ran into problems JH created. Yes, Anna has her own agenda which YG doesn't see. I don't see why YG should not accept Anna especially Anna can contribute to the business. I am a firm believer that love and business should not mix in order for the business to be successful. No.1 reason why JH is such a failure at business.

I don't see the fact that Anna was used as a pawn. She went to J-fashion only because she thought that JH loves her. Going to J-fashion is a career downgrade for her. In fact, Anna is the one who used YG as a pawn - she could have chose to work anywhere given her resume (cmon her resume is like brilliant) but she chose YY to get back at both JH and GY. She is the one using YG.

Obviously she would insult GY. She has every reason to hate GY. She believes that GY stole her boyfriend from her. Its human nature to hate the third party.

Anna and YG are using each other as a rebound. No one gets hurt. I am not saying it is right - it  is understandable. JH is a huge jerk because he proposed marriage to Anna and the next thing he does is to fly to US to look for GY. Very classy. *sarcasm*

Several hidden agendas? Please explain. From my point of view, its pretty aboveboard - he wants to use her talent. 

You would think that the girl is a pinkberry because she is clinging onto boy GY despite knowing that he is in love with someone else. And the fact that girl JH manipulates main girl YG into thinking that JH&GY is in love is down right despicable. You would also think that JH would be trying to leech off GY's talent. Doesn't girl JH sound like the much hated usual second lead girl character in Korean drama? Right? Amazing what a gender role reversal would do isn't it? 

Okay I am going to explain YG stupid actions in another post. What has YG done to GY that was more hurtful? Please elaborate. JH has pushed GY away from YG despite knowing that GY loves YG.  That is the most hurtful thing to GY. The only reason why GY is not so hurt by JH is because she doesn't love him. The fact that she doesn't love him is the real reason why he can't hurt her. And GY has been hurt by YG only because she loves him. No other reason.

There's no point in me responding to your every comment because it's clear that we have mostly different opinions. I respect your opinion either way. 

Though Young Gul has tried to make Jae Hyuk jealous/misunderstand when he pretended to kiss Anna in the elevator with the cameras on. He only realized that Anna was using him to get back at Jae Hyuk, hence, he stopped his childish acts. It was also getting embarrassing for him because Anna didn't like him back anyway.

I am not selling or freely dispensing the word "love". It is just my opinion. You're saying that I'm using it cheaply then you tell me it's just your opinion. Nice save. 

Lust was when Young Gul was drawn to Anna on the outside. In this case, Jae Hyuk isn't drawn to Ga Young on the outside. Like was when Jae Hyuk liked Anna, and wasn't able to protect her or at how Young Gul is responding to Anna's actions (ex: couch scene). Besides, I can't change your mind about Jae Hyuk anyway. You view him as a monster either way. I guess a monster doesn't deserve love. I NEVER SAID JAE HYUK WAS IN LOVE WITH GA YOUNG IN MY PREVIOUS POST. I said he loves Ga Young in his demented way. I typed if he was in love with her, then fine... that's his way of showing he's in love, but it's not true love (yet).

Young Gul sent Ga Young over to J-Fashion at the beginning (back when she took the fabrics), and made her look all pretty for Jae Hyuk to see. He was able to gain some money from that if I'm not mistaken.

You're right that Jae Hyuk mixes business and love, hence, he fails all the time. Young Gul seems to be choosing business over love for sure. 

Young Gul is using Anna to expand his business, and she has connections. I never heard him say she was talented, but he always showed her off as some international brand or whatever. She's resourceful for him. She was the one who came to him. I don't know about her resume being great, but I felt like she lacked "talent" and got into all those places because she was lucky, and not because she was talented. That's my opinion. 

I don't think she would have went to Young Gul's place officially if he wasn't successful. 

Rebound or no rebound, Young Gul isn't being truthful. At least, for Jae Hyuk, we, the audience knew that he didn't like Anna anymore and he never acted all lovely towards her like Young Gul is acting more than friendly with Anna. The way both of them were sitting on the couch together looked cheap to me.

Guest sophieajaaja

Let me first say, I am on the Young-Young ship.

JH-GY:

I think JH is actually being genuine with GY now. Yes, his initial reasons and actions to get GY by his side were completely selfish but now he wants her to succeed. But maybe that is somewhat selfish as well. By her being successful, he will have more ground against his parents disapproval of her. When it was JH against YG, he said it would be enough just to have her by his side (just so she is not with YG), even if she hated him but now it seems he does truly want her to meet her potential as a fashion designer. She's talented but uneducated. He understands how in his world she'd likely be disregarded because of her lack of formal education and so he found a way to help her showcase her talent with the Fashion King competition. He did that despite already having her leave YG to commit to his company (the only thing he wanted in the first place-- to get her away from YG). It seemed like this 'sudden' idea of his to have this competition to foster hard work was really only a ploy for him to be able to promote GY, give her a raise and take her on a trip in the future-- at the meeting he clearly shows he has all the faith in GY and thinks she will win; whereas Anna knows she has no talent and will lose (the competition and her rank in the company as senior designer). All that AND the boy knows he likes GY but she does not like him back. I don't know.... he just seems really genuine and sweet this episode.

YG-GY:

So so so so much brooding! YG clearly likes (dare I say even loves) GY but I think he's now trying to be less selfish this time. I think he knew GY had more than working relationship feeling for him and he her but he's actions never really match with his words (as evidenced by the excessive brooding after each time he breaks her heart). It seemed he was beginning to showcase those feelings with her birthday surprise but was thrown when she went to JH (abeit not bc of disloyalty but to save him). When he told her not to come back, I think we are going to find out that he's not choosing between GY and Anna but he's thinking about GY and her future. GG has nowhere near the resources JH's company has for her and so he's telling her to stay there and become successful.

GY-YG:

It's about time someone voiced their honest feelings. Her love has been rejected so many times. She's been misunderstanding the YG-Anna relationship having secretively witnessing random moments of affection between the two that were completely misread. And even thinking ultimately YG sold her out (for 5million dollars) she still had the courage to confess her love. YG has seemingly chosen to have Anna by his side so naturally GY is going to start accepting JH's pursuit and I predict it is going to drive YG absolutely crazy jealous. I think for the last few episodes before the last one GY is going to throw YG for a tailspin.

YG-Anna:

This relationship confuses me to the max. By his own confession, initially YG liked Anna. Anna rejected YG as her goals was JH. Anna makes no qualms of hiding that fact from YG. YG understands and gives up on his pursuit of her but perhaps sticks around because he feels sorry for her. YG annoyed JH is interested in GY. Anna uses YG to make JH jealous. YG lets her and finds it amusing. YG also lets GY be confused his relationship with Anna. Anna and YG continuing meeting, seemingly as just drinking and brooding buddies. JH more annoyed by Anna straying towards YG. JH goes after YG and GY. YG tries to protect GY, and confesses there is nothing going on between Anna and him. YG tells JH to leave GY alone bc she is still young and innocent. At this point JH just wants GY for himself (to spite YG and because he likes her). Anna helps YG. JH threatens (WTF?) GY & YG. GY, in effort to protect YG, makes decision to leave YG. YG and Anna team up. GY heart softens towards JH but confesses love to YG (again). Anna puts a guilt trip on YG, asks him not to abandon her too. Seems YG choose Anna. WTF??? My question is when and how did their relationship develop for her to be able to put that guilt trip on him? When she said don't you abandon me too? I'm thinking huh? by what bond do Anna and YG have that she thinks it will hold it's own against the love YG has for GY? And the cuddling on the couch while brooding about GY? WTF???

It's only this relationship line that really confuses and frustrates the hell out of me. I don't think YG has feelings for Anna but I just don't know what their relationship is? Drinking buddies, yes. Business partners, yes. Friends, yes. Romantically involved friends? I don't know. Potential power couple? I don't know? YG does seem to care more about Anna this week (being all happy to answer her calls, taking her in as a business partner, her at his apt a lot, challenging her "why" when she said she'd leave if GY came back--''why can't they both be there?''), again cuddling on the couch-- so again, I'm soooo confused by them.

Anyway, I hope next episode GY stays strong. I think she's going to drift towards JH more in attempts to forget. She's already is by his side professionally but her heart may open up to him now too that YG has seemingly rejected her love.

I just thought of a totally angst scene that would be totally satisfying for those who want YG's heart to suffer a little (hehe, me!!!). GY should go to JH's apt with grocery bag in tow and run into YG and be stuck riding the same elevator him. She greets him nonchalantly and explain (innocently, no malice or drive to make YG jealous because we know her character is totally sweet and really does love and doesn't want him to misunderstand but is moving on) away what she is doing there (maybe coming to take care of JH while he's sick and cook soup for him while he is sick, like he did for her?). They stop on JH's floor, she gets off. YG left with one more floor to go and brooding near tears at losing GY!! This scene letting us know he does love her and is hurting without her. Oh I'm so mean!

Wow, I just wrote a lot but my writing here is so rudimentary. There's so much to be said and analyzed I think but mostly so much to be frustrated about. How can people so badly mess up their lives and love lives? As frustrating as the character relationship developments have been, I find myself really enjoying the drama. I'm watching it with my sister right now and I'm surprised by how different our views towards those things. If anything, this drama has really cute actors and actresses and has struck quite some heated arguements on boys and life in general. LOL. Till next week!

Guest kimmiemai

-- 

You would think that the girl is a richard simmons because she is clinging onto boy GY despite knowing that he is in love with someone else. And the fact that girl JH manipulates main girl YG into thinking that JH&GY is in love is down right despicable. You would also think that JH would be trying to leech off GY's talent. Doesn't girl JH sound like the much hated usual second lead girl character in Korean drama? Right? Amazing what a gender role reversal would do isn't it? 

Kudos, you said something I had been hesitated to confront people. Although I'm sorry to see that you might be wasting your time replying back and forth in a circle, I enjoy reading your logical and balance view. Thanks.

Guest rozalyn

. Hi ... finally this is my first time posted in Soompi after long time become silent reader,

This Fashion King really "something" compare other K Dramas, there's no Prince charming with white horse type which is interesting.

In my opinion how JH and YG become the greatest enemy is their both fault , JH is too snob and not realy care with others (that's how he is upbringing) and the same time YG also has "loser" character , I don't like people who ask for help but when people refuse to help he/she become insulted (are you asking help or what ???). First of all maybe JH refuse to lend money to YG because YG is not his friend and not trustworthy enough , and like he said too many people came to him asking for money. and YG become bitter n angry make JG more believe that he's doing the right thing.In second time , when he met YG in New york with his smelly clothes , suddenly again he ask for money, does YG tell about his real "difficulty" (I think not), and ask for meal n JH mind's WTF , I am not even his friend why I have to treat meal and again after that YG again bitter and humiliated him in front of his business partners , isn't it make more approval that YG has "loser" character . When JH watch the news then he found out YG difficulty but too late both of them already become enemy with their own reason.

Yes YG give all his savings for GY in term of that GY can pursue her dreams, it's very sincere and touch GY heart and my heart also (because one of this reason GY fall in love with YG ) , but ironically YG also who make GY fail to pursue her dreams , Does YG ever think about it that his existence in GY place can endangered her ?? I thinks not . and these thing make JH become more hate YG and see him as a loser. and that JH sincere help GY so GY can have another interview for school and even release her from jail.

YG and GY can rebuilt Young2 apparel with JH money , eventhough after that JH use GY design but at that same time YG also do a dirty game with sold GY design to third party so fair enough for both of them only poor innocent GY caught in middle . She feel guilty with JH cause she's the one who asked for help and even steal fabric from J company I think that's why she seems not reject when JH kiss him. she has mixed feeling to JH , feel guilty and she owes many thing from JH , get a school and release her from jail n He is HAWT ..wkwkwkwk and also at the time she's vunerable because YG go after Anna. And Why YG become very mad with JH and beaten him like crazy (finaly he can beat JH only when JH drunk lol) . Is he GY's husband?? isn't he just meet Anna ?? . I think at that time is turning point that JH realize GY is important n special for him, because he feel very miserable if have to hurt GY which is not his usual behavior which also make Anna alert that JH has feeling for GY, I think JH never become that miserable because of her or anyone and it's hurt her pride and call YG for the rescue.

For Anna , I am not feeling sorry for her even JH two time her with GY , Anna also seduce YG so what's the different. She's also use JH to climb social status. People pitied her because she is already independent and has a good career at Michael and she move to J company because JH promise her to take care of her and also will defend her in front of his family.... oh please .. she move to J company because michael don't respect her because her lack of talent and will get dumped by any time, and why JH's mom hate her and pissed off , JH's mom who gave her money and send her to NY get a good school in exchange get lost from my son's face and she come back after take everything ... c'mon you really a gold digger. and she already imitate JH's mom behavior and acting like little madam even only JH's girlfriend. At least when Anna broke with JH , she get good qualification, good house and car except love , not too bad girl ...almost one more step you achieve your mission. I think JH and Anna relationship not about love but mutual benefit, and the kind relationship that JH learn from his parents.

And for the last resort that JH did which he threatened GY to leave YG or sue the company, I think he reach his limit , yes he is angry when Anna went with YG , he ever said to Anna it's okay you have another man as long as not YG (because of his pride n he still see YG is a loser ), but he more angry because of GY , he know the reason that GY still beside YG because of love nothing else, and that loser or that man is busy with another woman ...WTF .... if I am GY's friend I want hit her in the head to wake her up....geezz... getting on my nerve. if I already get this nerve with GY attitude especially JH get more pissed of , that's why he rush to young2 factory, and see GY mope with tears , and eat instant noodles, sleep at not so called room, so there's no sweet talk , JH's use all his power and money to take GY, because GY doesn't have common sense at that moment... he try to protect GY with his own way. At least even JH's is use dirty game by threatened , etc, etc . He treat GY respectly even he create opportunities for GY with Fashion King competition, and still give Anna house and car, even to his greatest enemy he give 5 million dollar, so now YG can have lavish life style.

Finally both of guys, JH and YG are a playboy, the different is one with money another one use his charm. Seriously the ending GY should be with JH (JH start to learn about real love from her ) or she become success and have new boyfriend..... if end up with YG for just because GY still idiotly in love unless he can redeem himself with very big thing I don't know how , I really want to sue scriptwriter to waste my time tongue2.gif

Guest ayumikoshiro

Why am I always away when the good conversations are going on eh

-Gender Switch

A stalker girl who tries to convince someone who's at a different level then them to give them a chance. Sounds just like Oh HaNi from Playful Kiss she was pitiful and annoying but nobody thought she was a bi*ch. If someone was playing the role the same way I wouldn't think of her as a bi*ch especially if she thinks she is trying to save the person they love from a relationship of hurt. If we saw less of Young Girl's side of the story and just saw GY being hurt over and over again and JH witnessing this he'd be a prince trying to save her from some douchebag. Another guy who went through the same thing was JoonGu again from "Playful Kiss" he was in love with HaNi for the longest time and was still pursuing her even though he knew she was in love with someone else. Thinking further this was exactly the case in Me Too Flower, and she was a crazy bi*ch but also really really pitiful.

-Young Girl's Nails

Both guys have put GY in the middle of their petty fight and it's never been fair to her. YG forced her to steal fabrics and put her into the company knowing he was going to steal the designs, when she was obviously uncomfortable with it. Then he goes all I don't like you in the special way and then he runs off to Anna (who he seems to respect more than GY anyway). How would you feel if the guy you like is obviously lusting after someone else in your face. Rightfully or not it's gotta hurt. Then the whole working with the evil stepmother. That was enough to get her to leave in its self. He called her the VP but he never treated her opinions with half the respect he treats Anna's.

Now don't get me wrong I don't think Young Girl is some unredeemable richard simmons*hole who should burn in his own pity and Anna's evil clutches forever. He had good intentions. He wanted to buy her a house, made her a dress, wanted to take care of her forever. All nice things but he saw her as inferior because of her age, a little sister, someone innocent, or someone to care for, not the best qualities a girl looks for in her man. I think that's also why he wasn't communicating with her clearly either, just do what I say and trust me I know best. If they had had 2 or 3 serious conversations about what they we're really going to do we wouldn't have a show. Like I said I think Young Girls "affections" are like someone pouring wine all over her dress just so he can give her a makeover. It's good intentions but the way he goes about things is frustrating.

-JH's Pitiful Character

Again like you pointed out JH is the product of his parents actions. TBH he seems like the most childish character of them all. Looking back at the dinner scene I think he might've invited them not to bother Young Girl but because he thought they were at a good place. I honestly believe he was half thinking you have Anna I have GY let's make a business deal. In fact he might have thought having GY there would make him more willing to work with them. Look at how appalled he was that YG dared to say things about his father. He really is his parents pawn. He was hoping to strike a deal with them again and make his dad happy and/or keep him from hitting him again.

I'm not 100% sure he knew what his Mom was doing to Anna when she sent her away to America. I think Anna might have finally cracked under the pressure from his family and took her way out. She was mad at him because JH couldn't protect him, when they got back together he tried his best to keep her out of his parents clutches and put her in their good favor. That's why he took GY's designs in the first place. Mind you he didn't just steal the designs he hired her as an employee for Anna's team, anyone who drew anything for Anna's team would've gotten their credit stolen by Anna, just like Anna's designs were gobbled up by Michael J back in the US. At this point JH is starting to like GY but still has Anna by his side so we see him drinking a lot and he decides to do his best to protect them both by making the lawsuit and not filing it. Unlike YG he's tried to keep their fights between them, even if it's just because he likes GY a bit. He actually apologized for getting her involved in this mess not once has YG apologized for hurting her, intentional or not.

Then Anna keeps running off to Young Girl, the elevator thing happened, at his workplace and in public. So even though he drunkenly kissed GY he still was rightfully angry.

-Anna Anna Anna

I'm not 100% sure how I feel about her. She finally said in 14 she think she came back to him just because of the way she was thrown away. She didn't look happy with her job at Michael J's, she's a smart girl I doubt it if she would come back if she was having a great time. JH put her straight to the top and he thought they would be safe from his family but her first collection failed, he got hit, and then he panicked enter the GY situation which is just insulting to Anna, even if he didn't like GY.Anna doesn't have the confidence to stand up to JH's growing feelings for GY so she gets pissed at GY. Then she knows that she likes YG so she goes after him purposefully. Surprise surprise YG treats her pretty well (even if he looks pretty depressed most of the time) so she decides to stick with him.

-Oh Ga Young

How I wish she would just up and leave these jerks. She tried to fight off JH's advances but throughout the series he's treated her the best. the only person to think she liked JH was Anna and YG, he knows he has to do some work to get her over her bond with YG. He knows where and who she was running off too after dinner, and that she only came in the first place because it was a business thing. She confessed to YG once but then was shot down, only to have him send her mixed signals. The whole if you know I like you why do you keep treating me extra special. He said I don't like you special but I want to take care of you forever, buying you a house is the first thing I'll do, no wonder she was confused. Then following his no communication rule she tries to work things out with JH on her own(their was no reason why doing business with him would be any worse than business with step mom). Then after the last straw she leaves (good for you GY coco) then JH wooing begins.

TBH I want her to win Fashion King travel to Italy and meet Julian Kang then they can live happily ever after designing sundresses and eating Pasta in the Mediterranean because both of these jerks don't deserve her.

Real Possible Endings

1.She opens up to JH and changes him for the better they manage to do good business and we see them having civil lunch and golfing with her parents at the end. They aren't the best of the business but they are doing just fine. GG changes to AG and Anna and Young Girl become the Fashion Kings, meaning they top the game. JH's dad probably gives him richard simmons about it but he has GY so he doesn't care.

2.Ga Young wins Fashion King becomes an acclaimed designer and meets up with Young Girl later, they don't go into business together because she still works at J Fashion (they gave her that fancy trip). Anna moves on and has rich men chasing her now still sexy as ever. JH just has his business and is forever alone or gets with stepdaughter. Eventually GY and TG make a new label together name it after their kid.

*I'm off to watch Rooftop Prince but I'll be back. I like discussing the intricacies of the show with you guys. It's all in fun and I hope nobody is having any bad feelings because of this. If so sorry if I hurt your feeling. I respect your opinions it's why I keep coming back to talk about it.*

Guest madame

Why am I always away when the good conversations are going on eh

-Gender Switch

A stalker girl who tries to convince someone who's at a different level then them to give them a chance. Sounds just like Oh HaNi from Playful Kiss she was pitiful and annoying but nobody thought she was a bi*ch. If someone was playing the role the same way I wouldn't think of her as a bi*ch especially if she thinks she is trying to save the person they love from a relationship of hurt. If we saw less of Young Girl's side of the story and just saw GY being hurt over and over again and JH witnessing this he'd be a prince trying to save her from some douchebag. Another guy who went through the same thing was JoonGu again from "Playful Kiss" he was in love with HaNi for the longest time and was still pursuing her even though he knew she was in love with someone else. Thinking further this was exactly the case in Me Too Flower, and she was a crazy bi*ch but also really really pitiful.

Don't make me laugh. JH is no Oh HaNi. Female JH is a rich, arrogant, selfish girl that does not care about anybody else in the world except for herself. She would have an extremely good-looking boyfriend which she would woo back and then dump in favour of a more talented guy. She finds out that the talented guy is in love when another girl which she hates and deem not good enough for the talented guy. She then decides to manipulate the situation using her family money so that the talented guy will be working with her. In the mean time, she purposely create misunderstandings between the talented guy and the main girl. And when the talented guy is upset due to the main girl rebuffing his affections, female JH would take the chance and be nice to the talented guy, hoping to win his heart.

Does this girl sound like Oh HaNi to you? Oh HaNi was a dumb and innocent girl completely in love with Seung Jo. Had Seung Jo decided to end up with another girl that he loved. Oh Ha Ni would have definitely let them get together, heck, she would have even helped them get together because she was so irrevocably in love with Seung Jo.

Lets compare this to Anna.

Anna is a guy who had a successful career in US before being seduced back to Korea by his ex-girlfriend. When he was back in Korea, he realizes that his work was too hard and stressful for him to cope. He starts taking pills. His girlfriend, instead of sympathizing with the fact that he has a hard time at work, decides to spend all her time on another guy which is more talented than him. He is upset and he lashes out by helping her girlfriend's rival. Through the help, he develops a friendship with his girlfriend's rival. He breaks up with the girlfriend but the girlfriend refuses to let him go. The girlfriend even proposes to him to salvage the relationship. Then, the girlfriend travels all the way to US to look for the more talented guy. He hates the talented guyl. He makes snide remarks when he works with him. He gets slapped by the girlfriend's mother. He breaks up with the girlfriend for good this time but have to endure her snide remarks. He ends up with the girlfriend's rival.  

Heck if Anna was a boy, nobody would say Anna was simply trying to leech off Female JH. Everyone would say that Anna came back because he loved JH. Its as though only girls are gold-diggers. And because she is girl, she is definitely trying to leech off the guy. Had Anna been a guy, everyone would say that Female JH gave Male Anna the apartment and car because Female JH wanted to and not that Male Anna wanted it.

I would like to point out again that it was a career downgrade for Anna. If Anna wanted to change her job, she could have gotten to be a designer at another global brand, she did not have to go back with JH. Everybody would have believe that Male Anna loved Female JH because he was willing to take a career sacrifice. 

See the hypocrisy and double standards at work here?

Female JH sounds like a major richard simmons and fake person to me. Male Anna sounds pitiful to me. Hope you see my point.  

In fact what has Anna done to make people hate her? Aside from making snide remarks and having an uncanny knack for appearing at the wrong moments (not her fault), Anna has done absolutely nothing wrong. And that is a lot better than JH.

JH and YG has been making snide remarks to each other throughout the whole show - nobody hates them for making snide remarks. But why must Anna get all the hate?

Kudos, you said something I had been hesitated to confront people. Although I'm sorry to see that you might be wasting your time replying back and forth in a circle, I enjoy reading your logical and balance view. Thanks.

Gah, I hate the double standards in people sometimes. Why is it that the good-looking guy always get forgiven so much easier than a good-looking girl by females? 

We are all girls, stop this girl hatred on one another. 

See the characters for who they are.  

Guest Starlitelet

Gah, I hated the double standards in people sometimes. Why is it that the good-looking guy always get forgiven so much easier than a good-looking girl by females? 

We are all girls, stop this girl hatred on one another. 

See the characters for who they are.  

Now you are just being rude. Stop assuming that those who prefer Jae Hyuk over Young Gul (or those who are defending Jae Hyuk) are all obsessed with the dude's outer looks. You're treating us like prepubescent teenage girls.

Jae Hyuk doesn't even have a killer body. Besides, Jae Hyuk and Young Gul are both equally good-looking in my book. So what is up with Jae Hyuk being so good-looking that girls fawn over him despite him being an a**hole? Please, it's just a bonus that Jae Hyuk and Young Gul are hunks. I have liked countless of not so good-looking characters before.

I enjoy reading your opinions and say, but please refrain from lowering others' standards. Just because someone doesn't see the same light as you, doesn't officially make them clueless to a boy's action. To each their own. I respect your opinion, you respect mine.

Stop preaching us that women dislike other good-looking women, but give leeway to phony hunks! Maybe you should start seeing each posters as individuals and not just followers who have the same judgements as you. I don't hate her because she's beautiful, but because I dislike her character. It is my opinion to dislike her character, so what is your say in generalizing that since I dislike her, I give leeway to Jae Hyuk?

Refrain from using always because that means there's no exception (which includes you, I suppose). I'm afraid you think too lowly of your own gender. I hope that I'm not part of your generalization because I certainly do not like Jae Hyuk simply because he's "oh so hawt".

By the way, I'm not all of Jae Hyuk because he surely has his fair share of major flaws. Though, out of the two dudes, I am more connected to Jae Hyuk.

Archived