Too Old For Hollister... Too Young For Banana Republic?

Guest missjulielala

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xrhapsody
forever 21, h&m, urban outfitters - both for you and your bf (:

I definitely concur. They're affordable (minus UO, but its not that bad) and fashion forward.

Like the others have mentioned...Forever 21, H&M, Gap, Urban Outfitters, Zara, FCUK.

For exclusively Canadian stores then:

Dynamite

Chado

Le Chateau

Aritzia (some of their selections)

Jacob

Guest k.kawaii-

i went through this too!

but im only 14. :sweatingbullets: wore hollister for like,

months, and got tired of it.

to me its not a brand anymore. its more like old clothes. =/

i go to forever or h&m. it's not exactly BRANDED clothing. (is it?)

its like, a lot of choices but people won't know where you get them

unless you tell. because it doesn't have like, a symbol that represents it. xD

SO YEAH. im pretty young but i like those two stores.

Guest mz simmonz

lol fashion puberty..I went through that when I finished college..I looked in my closet and thought, "omg when did I aquire so many af/ae stuff??". But like a lot of people mentioned..just mix and match stuff you like and don't worry about the store/brand so much as long as it doesn't have visiblely huge logos..I like BR, Gap, Club Monaco, H&M, F21, BCBGmaxazria, and the sales racks @ Bloomingdale's & Saks ^^

you should check out j.crew! i'm starting to wear more of their stuff because i'm so ridiculously tired of a&f/hollister right now. their argyle sweaters are perfect for the fall<3

h&m has some really nice clothes too, and they're cheap.

i like urban outfitters or forever 21. i like zara too. i've also been buying clothes from this one place next to my house and it's super cheap. they're korean clothes like the ones you'd see on gmarket.

Guest Blythe999

Want to look original and spend a small amount of cash? Shop at thrift stores and consignment shops. You have to be in the mood to hunt, but you can come up with some great pieces of clothing and sometimes grab a designer or higher end label for much less. Once found a pair of Banana Republic pants for $.70 (yes, seventy CENTS), and recently nabbed a pair of Juicy Couture jeans for $28.

I would recommend thrift for t-shirts, jackets and coats and consignment for pants and dresses. Consignment stores are more picky about what items they will accept and I've always had more trouble finding pants that fit well at thrift stores.

You probably won't look like all the other teeny-boppers and fashion is cyclical anyways. Also, clothing made in the U.S. a few decades ago (easier to find in thrift stores than in malls) is usually better quality and not made in sweat shops.

If you must have the fad that will go out of style soon and you don't want to miss out on it, shop at cheap places like forever 21. It may fall apart after you wash it only two times, but hey, the fad might be over by then anways.

i really really REALLLY recommend ZARA!!!!!!!!! :D

i don't, their quality for their clothing is really wanting...one of the articles of clothing started to pille really bad even though i had only washed the item once on gentle cycles with gentle detergent. i was really angry. i used to like this store, i really did, they had cute items for a cheap price. but now i feel like you only get what you pay for...sometimes less.

Archived