Too Old For Hollister... Too Young For Banana Republic?

Guest missjulielala

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

? To young for Banana Republic. Most of my clothes are from there you just have to look for clothes that really suit you well.

But H&M, Gap, Old Navy?, Armani Exchange , Forever 21

& Department Stores <--- best bet, they have a wide variety of clothes to choose from.

Guest 1SwtDeception

You should be making your own style and mix and match it up. Though not all of us are fashionista, clothing stores would have to depend on your kind of style. H&M and Express would be a nice place to start for simple works. Or more trendy would be Guess. F21 has some different clothes so you could create kind a bo-ho look?

I guess, you should first figure out what kind of style you want to go for. From there, look online at various B&M websites like gap.com or guess.com, look at the kind of shirts/pants/accessories you want, and work with it. Also you can look at other websites for fashion aside from the stores you see at the malls like Karmaloop.com or tobi.com.

It's not just about stores, it's about what you're wearing. Get more style tops, where it's not just tees, but boat necks, off the top shoulders, halters, and other styles. Work with more accessories and get other styles of shoes. Usually when you're "older" and what not, your clothes become a little more simple and clean cut. Less graphicy, IMO. Of course, we all have our own style so I can't really speak for all 20+. I suppose just experiment overall.

......I like what the person above me wrote(=

I don't really think there's an ''age limit'' to the stores you shop at; but I get what you're saying.

experiment with what you like & what you don't like though! =D

you can shop at forever 21, charlotte russe, j.crew, macy's, guess, urban outfitters, h&m, nordstrom--- numerous, numerous places(=

honestly...I can't stand girls who think they have style when they're dressed from top to bottom in a&f, hollister, ae...

don't get me wrong; I buy clothes from there every once in a while- but I like it when people take risks in their outfits(=

sorry about the rant, hope this helped?

Guest eliteninja

maybe you could try dept. stores? like nordstrom, macy's..

there's also places like forever 21, urban outfitters, h&m, gap, old navy

sorry, i'm not really sure what style you're looking for, but just look around and i'm sure you'll find places that you like x)

Guest YeonCouture

i think your problem is that you're just trying to find one store to shop at and that will be your "look".

i recommend just going by different stores and just buy something that catches your eye.

you don't have to pick a store and just stick with that store for the rest of your life.

and you don't have to have one style, one look for the rest of your life.

you can wear A&F every now and then, what's wrong with that?

just try not to wear the same brand every single day.

Guest awesomestuff

+ FOREVER 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freakin love that place. you can find everything!

and wetseal is like the same thing but eh, f21 has more styles has good "fabulous finds" which are cheap must haves. esp the $2.50 tanks LOVE THEM

Express, H&M, Bebe, Forever 21, Arden B, Guess, Nordstrom's. I wouldn't recommend F21 for guys and Bebe and Arden B have no guys stuff. H&M is very hit or miss but is CHEAP. Guess and A|X tend to be fairly spendy. Nordstrom's is expensive for guys but significantly less so for girls. Nordstom's also has nice shoe selection for girls. Bebe and Guess both tend to be somewhat slutty sometimes in girl's clothing if that's a concern but as a result clothing from those stores is often good for clubbing? I'm going to recommend against Metropark their clothes are ludicrously expensive.

Guest precious4e

I'm 22 and I mostly shop at H&M and Forever 21. I like stores like Zara and UNI QLO too but sometimes they are too pricey. I also shop at Express for work clothes or more mature party clothes.

And I love BR. I've been shopping there since high school LOL. I wear it mostly to work now though.

Guest Gofishus

They have a store just for the people who are older than HS but younger than adults and its called 'Abercombie and Fitch' you may have heard of it.

Guest timothyparkerr

I am around that age and I usually shop at Urban Outfitter, American Apparell and just various japanese shops around town. If your 19 or 20 though, I don't think your too young for Banana Republic :phew: . Some of their stuff is pretty nice I think haha.

Guest sodaniechea

Forever 21 Girls

Charolette Russe Girls

Metropark [pricey pricey] Both

Express Both

Old Navy [you can never go wrong :P] Both

Ross or Marshalls [you always find something there :D] Both

Wal-Mart or Target [sometimes they have nice stuff] Both

Tilly's Both

New York and Company Girls

Anchor Blue Both

DD Discounts [similar to Ross but it's not as popular] Both

Zumies Both

Beachworks Both

Swapmeets / Flea Markets Both

and I find that Korean supermarkets [my area anyway] sell pretty nice clothes for girls lol

Archived