[Drama 2010 ] Road Number One 로드 넘버원

Woundedheart

"Road No. 1" sold to Japan before release in Korea

20100416135428673231.jpg

MBC's war drama "Road No. 1" has been purchased by a Japanese media group ahead of its premiere in Korea, according to Logos Films on Friday.

"Road No. 1," set during the Korean War, was attained by Hakuhodo Media Partners, one of the largest media and content business companies in Japan, although only 60 percent of the drama has been shot.

An associate from Hakuhodo is said to have explained that it purchased "Road" because the series was based on a gripping storyline, a strong script and enthusiastic performances by its actors including Hallyu star So Ji-sub.

“I think "Road” caught the attention of those at Hakuhodo with its heart-wrenching story, sad melodrama and beautiful imagery despite it being based on the Korean War," a producer with Logos Films was quoted as saying through a press release. "They praised the spectacular snow scenes and action sequences we had finished shooting."

Logos Films is set on selling the show to other regions throughout the world which took part in the war such as the Americas and Europe.

"Road" is about the love triangle and friendship amongst three people during the Korean War. It is helmed by director Kim Jin-min whose previous works include dramas "The Age of Heroes" and "Shindon."

The new Wednesday and Thursday drama, set to go on air June 6, stars some of Korea's top actors including So Ji-sub, Kim Ha-neul, Yoon Kye-sang, Son Chang-min and Choi Min-soo.

Reporter : Ko Jae-wan star@

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ji Sub Interview for Road No. 1

April 26, 2010

by dw4p blog

Q: You’re the lead for a program celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Korean War. When you received the call to be in the drama, how did you feel and what made you accept the role?

I did feel a little anxious taking on a huge project that would portray the pain of the war and the [country's] history. But I really enjoyed reading the script, down to the last sentence of all 16 episodes. And on a personal level, it was a new genre for me and I thought it would be difficult to receive a project like this in the future. As we continued filming, I became more confident each day that I made the right decision. I’m enjoying the experience even though it’s physically tiring.

Q: Recent dramas have a tendency to favor soft male characters, while you’re known to play strong male characters. Lee Jang Woo has been described as someone who deals with the various difficulties of life in a myriad of ways. What kind of a character is he?

Lee Jang Woo is someone who accepts the yoke of a person’s life, but is able to develop a path for himself at the same time. Due to the Korean War, he has to experience a heartbreaking love and needs to use all his might to withstand the difficulties of the war. He’s a devoted man who deals with life and death in battle, while agonizing over his love and his friendship.

Q: Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Full Metal Jacket, Thin Red Line, Taegeukgi have all received acclaim as war dramas. Are there any stories or characters that have left a strong impression on you?

I haven’t seen all of these project but I’m sure that Lee Jang Woo from my current project will leave the most lasting impression on me. All of these projects were made to have the viewer experience war, but it doesn’t compare to actually being part of the filming and experiencing it personally. And Lee Jang Woo is a character that I want to keep in my heart for a long time.

Q: Young people from this generation see war as something from a far away land. In that sense, the drama about the 6.25 war is an important project. Have you spoken with any elders or family members who experienced the war firsthand?

I wasn’t able to do that… but I was exposed to a lot of photos and research materials from the directors while preparing for the project. I was surprised to see such horrific scenes on our own soil 60 years ago. After seeing the pictures, I promised myself to do a better job on the project. Since a drama is a window into that era, I remember the staff working to perfect the march route between the north and south and paying close attention to the details of the military uniform.

Q: Being on set, it looked like even the staff suffered from the bitter cold. Wasn’t last winter so cold that it was difficult to be fully immersed in your acting? What was your secret to enduring the cold?

There’s nothing more I can add to, “It was really cold.” We tried to come up with lots of ideas to avoid the cold but there wasn’t much else to do except wait for the cold weather to end. There were times when I didn’t feel like my legs were my own.

Q: What did the two directors, Lee Jang Soo and Kim Jin Min, want from you?

Both directors said the same thing: Be true to your feelings at every moment. Since this isn’t something that a person actually experienced in real life, they stressed the importance of acting realistically and this was something I tried to do. They also said to show a different side, so much so that people would say, “So Ji Sub also had this side to him.” Personally, this is something that I selfishly want in my acting, so I always do projects with this in mind.

Q: People have said that you look good in uniform. As someone who enjoys fashion, were you satisfied with your appearance?

I’m not sure if I look good in uniform, but I now feel the most comfortable with it on. (Laughter) I’m always in uniform besides Sundays. I’ve even laughed to myself after thinking that regular clothes seem awkward and uncomfortable.

Q: What do you want to say to the viewers?

I thought about this for awhile. How to ask you to watch the program since it’s a great project. Thinking about the drama, Road No. 1, I’ve realized what a blessing it is for me to be a part of this project. I’m looking forward to meeting the viewers with such a warm and interesting drama. I want to share the blessing I’ve received with the viewers of the drama. Hope you’re looking forward to it. Thank you.

via Mydaily

the cast with fans

p100424009junghm2000.jpg

roadno1bts100424a.jpg

roadno1bts100424b.jpg

Kim Ha Neul

n2010042710043986701.jpg

279165444.jpg

credit eto.co.kr/on pic

Video : Road Number One Poster shooting 2

credit lyceum51@youtube

DL :

Here

'로드넘버원' 윤계상 "김하늘 캐스팅에 안심했다 "

이미영기자 mycuzmy@joynews24.com 사진 조이뉴스24 포토DB

12724097533431.jpg

MBC '로드넘버원'의 윤계상이 남성답고 카리스마 있는 모습으로 연기 변신을 시도한다.

윤계상은 MBC 전쟁 드라마 '로드넘버원'에서 육사 출신의 엘리트 장교 태호 역을 맡았다. 군인으로서 성공해 애국하고 싶었기에 자부심 넘치는 인생을 살아왔지만 수연(김하늘 분)을 만나 자신의 모든 신념을 하루 아침에 의심하게 되는 역이다.

윤계상은 "끊임없이 갈등하기에 더 인간적인 캐릭터다. 처음 대본을 받았을 때부터 바로 이 작품이라고 생각했다"고 말했다.

윤계상은 또 "그동안 대중들에게 비쳐지는 내 이미지는 밝고 경쾌한 느낌들이었다. 한 이미지로 오래 가면 식상할 수밖에 없다는 생각이 들던 차에 이 작품을 만나게 됐다. 남성답고 카리스마 있는, 그러면서도 인간적인 태호라는 인물을 만나서 참 다행이다"며 캐릭터에 대한 남다른 애정을 드러냈다.

윤 계상은 "태호가 자존심이 세고, 지기 싫어하는 점은 많이 닮은 것 같다. 다른 점을 찾자면 태호가 너무 집착이 강하지 않나 싶다. 나라면 저렇게 까지 하지 않을 것 같은데 하는 생각과 수연에 대한 태호의 마음이 어느 정도의 깊이인지 궁금하기도 했다. 그래서 태호라는 인물을 더 연기해 보고 싶었는지도 모르겠다"고 말했다.

윤계상은 이어 "태호라는 인물을 이해하기 위해 하루에도 수십 번씩 대본을 읽었더니, 촬영장에서는 대본 없이도 연기가 가능하더라"고 덧붙였다.

윤계상은 또 함께 호흡을 맞추는 김하늘, 소지섭과의 동료애도 과시했다.

윤계상은 '7년째 연애중'이라는 영화에 이어 또다시 호흡을 맞춘 김하늘에 대해 "지난 영화에서도 그렇지만 정말 잘 지내고 있다. 함께 연기하는 게 편하다. 처음 김하늘씨가 캐스팅 되었다는 이야기를 듣고 왠지 안심이 들었다. 김하늘씨가 하는 수연이라는 인물에 대한 믿음이 있어서 그런지 캐릭터를 잡아가는데도 많은 도움이 되었던 것 같다"고 말했다.

윤 계상은 또 "소지섭 씨는 정말 천사 같은 사람이다. 내가 지금껏 만나온 사람 중 가장 착하고, 순수하며 열정적인 사람이라고 생각한다. 함께 있다 보니 소지섭씨가 왜 그렇게 인기가 많은지 알겠다"고 남다른 동료애를 과시했다.

윤계상은 "조금씩 방영일이 다가오고 있는데 하루하루 느낌이 새롭다. 처음엔 걱정도 많이 했는데 지금은 그냥 뿌듯하다. 촬영이 끝나고도 당분간은 로드넘버원에서 헤어나지 못할 것 같다"고 했다.

'로드넘버원'은 100% 사전 제작 드라마로, 130억의 제작비가 투입된 거대한 스케일이 화제가 됐다. 한지훈 작가가 3년여에 걸쳐 완성한 대본과 이장수 김진민 감독의 연출, 소지섭 김하늘 윤계상 손창민 최민수 등 화려한 캐스팅으로 더욱 뜨거운 관심을 받고 있다. 오는 6월 중 첫방송될 예정이다.

credit joynews

Guest C51236

Poster for Road No. 1

roadnumberone.jpg

credits nate

---------------------

More Character Posters for Road No. 1

2010.May.04

choiminsuroadno1.jpg

We’ve been seeing a lot of promotional material come out for the three main stars of the upcoming MBC drama Road No. 1, but not so much for the other two big stars, Son Chang Min and Choi Min Soo. Thankfully that bit of curiosity has been sated today with the release of the character posters for these two great actors.

Choi Min Soo plays Yoon Sam-su, the professional company commander who has a clear head during battle and knows how to hold on to his humanity and his care for his soldiers even during the worst moments. He trains So Ji Sub and Yoon Kye Sang’s characters and brings out the best in each of them, and is a mentor and a father figure whom they both look up to and long to resemble.

Son Chang Min, on the other hand, plays Sergeant Oh Jong Ki, the villain of the story. He has a lot of experience in battle, and has animal-like sensibilities. However, he is far too violent and too focused on victory, and instills fear in his fellow soldiers. He particularly clashes with Jang-woo (So Ji Sub).

Road No. 1 airs on June 23.

Dude, Son Chang Min looks SO GOOD in his poster. Like, DAMN. Also, be careful of Choi Min Soo, because he will cut you with that stare of his. Oh, the excitement, it mounts!

sonchangminroadno1.jpg

credits dahee fanel

images uploaded by me

Guest vudoolady

So Ji-sub transforms in "Road No. 1" , says producer

2010051316184033934_1.jpg

From left, producer Kim Jin-min, actors Yoon Kye-sang, Kim Ha-neul and So Ji-sub, and producer Lee Jang-soo pose during a photo session of a press conference for upcoming MBC TV series "Road No.1" held at the drama's set in the Chungcheong Province of South Korea on May 12, 2010. [MBC]

MBC TV series "Road No. 1" which is set to premiere June 23, has set out on a road which no other show has taken before. It is a full-fledged 20-episode war drama being produced in time with the 60th anniversary of the Korean War and went into shoot with the goal of completing production of the entire show before going on air, a decision made while in its planning stages from three years ago. The two actually do not go separately. It is a blockbuster aiming for good quality, and hence, decided to complete production in advance to avoid facing time constraints. But every new road taken is unfamiliar and difficult to take. That is why more than ever, we become more curious about the intentions and direction the producers want to take with the show. Below are excerpts from a press conference held at the drama's set in the Chungcheong Province where the show's producers Lee Jang-soo and Kim Jin-min sat down to talk about the process of making the show and walking a path never taken before.

Q: One element to the drama will be the Korean War while the other will be the romance between the three main characters. What is the proportion of each element in the show?

Lee Jang-soo: We had originally thought of making the show into a 10-part series so we were going to depict on the Korean War quite realistically but when it was decided it would be a 20-part show, we turned it into a melodrama with more dramatic elements. And we're trying to satisfy both the elements of war and love in the drama. I think you should consider it not being just about romance, but the story of the love and frienship amongst three men and women in times of a war. And at the same time, we're trying to also talk about the issues between North and South Korea, and on a broader sense, about the history of the division of the two Koreas.

Q: Then who was the producer for which element?

Lee: Whatever looks like must've been hard work was done by producer Kim Jin-min and whatever looks easy was shot by me. (laugh)

Kim Jin-min: Producer Lee Jang-soo set the direction for the romance and I mostly shot the scenes where the main characters hang between life and death. But the elements of war and romance have to stay in tune with each other in the overall plan set for the production. We couldn't let the war stand out so much that it would be hard for viewers to watch. What I rather focused more on was Jang-woo (played by So Ji-sub) and Tae-sub's (played by Yoon Kye-sang) friendship. They're close to loving each other. It could sound weird but in the process of fighting so many wars, they develop a strong friendship and become close to brothers. That's what I mainly concentrated on.

Q: What is a friendship that's close to a love like?

Kim: The atmosphere on set became strange, hard to pin down in words. (laugh) But for men, doesn't friendship seem like a stronger emotion than love? It actually was hard trying to put that on screen in the beginning because the emotions weren't there but as more time passed, I realized how tremendously strong comradeship between two men could be. I felt that it could be an emotion one could carry on until the moment he dies.

Q: And that's why it was important who you cast for the two male roles. Why did you choose So Ji-sub and Yoon Kye-sang?

Lee: When we were in the early planning stages, I told Kim that we shouldn't do the drama if we ended up not being able to cast So Ji-sub. Kim really put in a lot of hard work for casting the actors. After we cast So Ji-sub for the role of Jang-woo, we tried really hard looking for someone to play Tae-ho. The image I had of Tae-ho was someone who has a strong image yet is a gentle person, and that's the vibe I got from Yoon Kye-sang. You'll be able to enjoy things such as an actor's transformations in our show to the fullest.

Q: Both actors have great bodies. Are there any scenes they show them off?

Kim: From the beginning, Lee and I said we can't have the main characters be muscular. The actors had asked seriously whether they have to get into shape but we said they shouldn't since we're not shooting "Rambo." Our show is about how average people living from a certain village get involved in a war, not about people in the special forces. It was necessary to realize that every character are normal people like us.

Lee: In the movie, there is a pond where the military unit had planted rice and then there's a big three that a man and woman had vowed their eternal love for each other. But when the war breaks out, a bomb explodes from under the tree and soldiers' faces plummet into the very rice seedlings they planted. In other words, this is a drama which tries to draw out sympathy by talking about a that is happening right where we're living

Q: Then are there no revealing scenes at all?

Kim: There is no reason to take off your uniform on the battlefield. You have to always be ready to hide or fight so even if it's in the summer, you have to wear at least an undershirt. But it'll be worth looking forward to the romantic scenes. I saw this and that. (laugh)

Q: You've been aiming to finish shooting the entire drama before it goes on air. How much have you shot so far?

Lee: We've completed about 80 percent of it.

Q: The first episode goes on air June 23. Do you think you'll be able to get done by then?

Lee: From the script to the filming, we've been trying to do everything according to plan so we went into shoot after having prepared this for three years. We promised the actors and staff that we would wrap up the shoot by June 13 and intend on keeping it. We're doing everything in our power to become an exemplary case.

Q: I bet it's not easy.

Lee: To start with, it's not easy having to juggle everyone's schedule. The actors, as well as ourselves, have been trying our best to match each other's schedules. From the production aspect, we had to show all four seasons of the year so we started by filming the 12th episode in our first shoot which started January 5. Coming into spring, we've been shooting the episodes covered during both spring and autumn, and recently we've been going back and forth between episodes 1 and 16. But it's not really a big problem because our actors know all their lines.

Q: Why is it so important that you finish everything in advance?

Lee: I wanted to prevent the script of such a big production changing over and over again while being shot. It has to be better for both the staff and actors to be completely aware of what will happen rather than going in an entirely unexpected direction. And it'll help the actors make a accurate judgement of whether they really want to do the show or not.

Q: There definitely are advantages to pre-production but the disadvantage is that you can't communicate with the viewers.

Lee: Well, is it right to change the direction of the drama just because it's what the viewers want? Most certainly, the viewers own whatever goes on air but Korean dramas will never improve if you can't shoot dramas in advance because you're fearful of viewers' response. I wanted to break free from the practice of producing dramas without having a specific plan or going with the flow, and instead do a production where everything was given for the script and everyone moved according to schedule. Plus, that's what had to be done for this production.

Q: When you say 'that's what had to be done for this production,' is it because it's a blockbuster production?

Lee: We need to think about what exactly 'producing' is about. Does it mean you're done producing if you manage to tell a story? If you shot the third episode for a drama in the week that the first two episodes were going out, all you would get to shoot are just the actors faces. Would you call that production? "Road No.1" isn't a drama that can be shot like that. There is a huge amount of post-production work to do, such as for sound or the computer graphics. We're actually only done halfway if we've finished shooting. I regard production as completing everything, up to post-production work. Look at foreign dramas. The quality is guaranteed only when a show has time left for post-production.

Q: You said the quality of "Road No. 1" will be unlike that of any other Korean drama shown so far but people's standards are set to those of American dramas like "Band of Brothers." There are also a lot of military manias who are strict about historical evidence.

Lee: First of all, this is an issue of money. You can't compare the production cost that goes into making a show like "Band of Brothers" versus the cost for ours. For example, the T-34 was the main model of tank used during the Korean War. We needed at least ten of them but we were only able to make one. And that too cost a whopping sum of money. We placed that in the front and tanks from the Defense Ministry in the back, so I'm sure there'll be people pointing that out. And the staff in charge of props are young so they may think that the military equipment that was used before they were born are all the same. But the equipment used in the 50s, 60s and 70s are all different. So we may lack in that sense too. We also purposely avoided being too realistic. For example, on the uniforms we could've hung unit badges that soldiers wore on their military suits but we replaced it with the Korean flag because we thought it could make it tough for those who experienced the war to watch. But there'll be a lot of people who point that out too. Despite all that, we'll do the best we can. Though we know we have our limits.

Kim: I believe that our drama should be one that can heal many people with love. The war was so awful that no matter how realistically we show it, it doesn't erase the feelings of sorrow and resentment. I don't know how this may sound but I'm hoping the romance doesn't get covered by the war scenes. It'll be up to the viewers to judge whether the war scenes are of high quality.

Q: The fact that there is so much curiosity surrounding the quality of the show proves how much expectation there is toward it. As the producer of "Road No. 1," how well are you hoping it will do?

Lee: Of course I want it to score high ratings. I'm hoping it'll pass the 40 percent mark. I think our actors too will see good results at year-end awards ceremonies.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@

Editor : Lee Ji-Hye seven@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

Guest shuky

Kim Ha-neul says "first time receiving such a moving script"

e8ajqe.jpg

Source:

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...051315370813125

'The promise of friendship and love that is fulfilled 60 years later' is the main copy for upcoming MBC series "Road No. 1" which is set to air on June 23. The drama shows the the turbulent times of the Korean War, but its story revolves around the three main characters Jang-woo (played by So Ji-sub), Soo-yeon (played by Kim Ha-neul) and Tae-ho (played by Yoon Kye-sang) who experience love and friendship during the chaos of the war. The audience is probably expecting more from the three actors since the star-studded cast is already bringing enough attention to the drama. Will the stars be able to pull off the roles of ordinary characters Jang-woo, So-yeon and Tae-ho who are faced with the war? Below are the excerpts from the press conference attended by actors So Ji-sub, Kim Ha-neul and Yoon Kye-sang.

10: The faces of the male actors have gotten very tanned -- it shows that you were faced with many hardships. Both of you look rugged as well.

So Ji-sub (So): I have gotten very tanned and also have heavy makeup on. I lost three kilograms and some of my muscles too because unlike in other productions, I can't have the image of being in shape.

Yoon Kye-sang (Yoon): I play the role of an elite military officer, who among his troops, gets hit by the most grenades because he has to fail in order for Jang-woo to rise in the ranks. There are many scenes where I fall and I think a lot of them will turn out well from seeing how rough my hands have gotten.

10: It must have been dangerous.

Yoon: There were many dangerous scenes but I worked hard while in shoot because the director said it looked 'cool.' (laugh) I wasn't worried even a bit despite the scenes being difficult because I knew the director did a great job shooting each scene.

10: You may not have had as hard of a time as the two male actors in the physical sense but I bet as an actress, it isn't easy to let go of the visual aspect of how you're seen to the audience.

Kim Ha-neul (Kim): I have never felt burdened by that at all. I think the biggest concern as an actor is how to do well in expressing a character that I really like. What was most important was how I understood my character Soo-yeon and act it out. That doesn't mean that I don't think about how I look but the producer said that the drama would fail the harder I try to look pretty. (laugh)

10: What were your reasons in choosing this particularly difficult production?

Yoon: I read the whole script from part one to part 20 without stopping for ten hours straight when I first received it. I felt that if they made the drama exactly like the script, it would become a memorable production for the audience and it was really fun as well. I couldn't help taking it on because I liked the drama itself so much more than my character.

Kim: This was the first time I have received a script that is fun and moving even though I have shot over 20 movies and dramas in total. I don't think it's important that the role of my character Soo-yeon is small compared to my roles in the past. I took on the challenge of playing the role of Soo-yeon because I felt that she was someone with big presence. I had my doubts, wondering whether I would be able to pull off a character that felt like my mother and my home, as opposed to in the past when I felt I could play whatever role I decide to take on. That's why I had a hard time.

So: I think luck was on my side since I was able to star in this drama. People say I choose productions that are difficult but it's not fun to play the handsome guy wearing a suit. I like roles that allow me to get physical. Maybe I'll pick a difficult production for my next role again.

10: Since you have finished shooting over 80 percent of the drama, are there any memorable scenes or episodes that come to mind?

So: I remember every scene, not just one. I recommend the viewers to watch it from the beginning to end because it's hard to say exactly when to start watching.

Kim: I agree with So. The scenes containing my character are very strong, even if I may not have as big as a role compared to my past characters. Some scenes are usually edited out after they're shot but most of my scenes won't be cut. Not only are they scenes which have impact but they're also necessary for the flow of the story.

Yoon: Honestly, I can't remember a thing. When we shoot the war scenes, I just think about how to get about, as if I was in an actual war situation, thinking about how I should avoid the enemy and on focusing on Jang-woo when I see him.

10: Kim Ha-neul, what are the strong scenes that you just mentioned?

Kim: I have never shot a melodrama as if it's an action scene. I would end up with bruises on my body after the scenes because that's how full of energy I was when shooting it.

So: We really did shoot the romantic scenes as if in war. I think you may get to see something you have never seen before. I myself was surprised while shooting them.

Kim: I wonder if the show will meet the censorship criteria. (laugh)

28an7mu.jpg

10: It must've not been easing being an actress who usually does not shoot revealing scenes. What made you do it?

Kim: First of all, I trusted the director and like I already said, the situation wasn't forced at all and it was a much needed scene for the drama. I don't think it's right to bare your skin if it makes me think 'Why do I have to?' but it's understandable in our drama.

So: When you watch the drama, it'll seem more beautiful than risque.

10: You would have to become close with your co-stars in order to play the role of someone who falls in love with both actors -- So with whom you modeled for fashion brand Storm and with Yoon you had filmed the movie "Lovers of Six Years."

Kim: Yoon and I already been for quite a while since we had shot the movie together. We would joke around and make fun of each other on set. Sometimes he would provoke me. (laugh) I think that is why it felt comfortable while we were shooting. But this was the first I had seen So since 1997. We didn't really talk that much at the time because we were both introverted and it wasn't that long after we made our debuts.

So: I think we had only met about a total two to three times.

Kim: We had to have good chemistry quickly because in the drama, we are two people who are deeply in love with each other. Sp we worked really hard at it and were able to complete the shoots successfully.

10: Did you try to meet outside the set to become closer? For example, go to drink?

So: We never went drinking together. We had such a tight schedule, where we would come on set on Monday and go home on Saturday.

Kim: We became closer after shooting the love scenes.

So: I think we'll make many headlines today. (laugh)

Editor : Lee Ji-Hye seven@, Lucia Hong luciahong@

Guest shuky

Latest BTS photos dated 14 May

via KHN and SJS's bar @tieba baidu

5mepsk.jpg

259wz69.jpg

jtrm6v.jpg

More photos on the news conference on 12 May

2w56nts.jpg

qrf6vq.jpg

2lvfiw0.jpg

v64606.jpg

29v1ff4.jpg

Video link for the news conference:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=770641923

69fdx3.jpg

2h6v7z7.jpg

zjgn82.jpg

Credit as marked

And the concluding part of the interview with the PD from 10 Asiae:

So Ji-sub transforms in "Road No. 1" , says producer (2)

2gx2o2s.jpg

Source:

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...051316485653449

Q: You've been aiming to finish shooting the entire drama before it goes on air. How much have you shot so far?

Lee: We've completed about 80 percent of it.

Q: The first episode goes on air June 23. Do you think you'll be able to get done by then?

Lee: From the script to the filming, we've been trying to do everything according to plan so we went into shoot after having prepared this for three years. We promised the actors and staff that we would wrap up the shoot by June 13 and intend on keeping it. We're doing everything in our power to become an exemplary case.

Q: I bet it's not easy.

Lee: To start with, it's not easy having to juggle everyone's schedule. The actors, as well as ourselves, have been trying our best to match each other's schedules. From the production aspect, we had to show all four seasons of the year so we started by filming the 12th episode in our first shoot which started January 5. Coming into spring, we've been shooting the episodes covered during both spring and autumn, and recently we've been going back and forth between episodes 1 and 16. But it's not really a big problem because our actors know all their lines.

Q: Why is it so important that you finish everything in advance?

Lee: I wanted to prevent the script of such a big production changing over and over again while being shot. It has to be better for both the staff and actors to be completely aware of what will happen rather than going in an entirely unexpected direction. And it'll help the actors make a accurate judgement of whether they really want to do the show or not.

Q: There definitely are advantages to pre-production but the disadvantage is that you can't communicate with the viewers.

Lee: Well, is it right to change the direction of the drama just because it's what the viewers want? Most certainly, the viewers own whatever goes on air but Korean dramas will never improve if you can't shoot dramas in advance because you're fearful of viewers' response. I wanted to break free from the practice of producing dramas without having a specific plan or going with the flow, and instead do a production where everything was given for the script and everyone moved according to schedule. Plus, that's what had to be done for this production.

Q: When you say 'that's what had to be done for this production,' is it because it's a blockbuster production?

Lee: We need to think about what exactly 'producing' is about. Does it mean you're done producing if you manage to tell a story? If you shot the third episode for a drama in the week that the first two episodes were going out, all you would get to shoot are just the actors faces. Would you call that production? "Road No.1" isn't a drama that can be shot like that. There is a huge amount of post-production work to do, such as for sound or the computer graphics. We're actually only done halfway if we've finished shooting. I regard production as completing everything, up to post-production work. Look at foreign dramas. The quality is guaranteed only when a show has time left for post-production.

Q: You said the quality of "Road No. 1" will be unlike that of any other Korean drama shown so far but people's standards are set to those of American dramas like "Band of Brothers." There are also a lot of military manias who are strict about historical evidence.

Lee: First of all, this is an issue of money. You can't compare the production cost that goes into making a show like "Band of Brothers" versus the cost for ours. For example, the T-34 was the main model of tank used during the Korean War. We needed at least ten of them but we were only able to make one. And that too cost a whopping sum of money. We placed that in the front and tanks from the Defense Ministry in the back, so I'm sure there'll be people pointing that out. And the staff in charge of props are young so they may think that the military equipment that was used before they were born are all the same. But the equipment used in the 50s, 60s and 70s are all different. So we may lack in that sense too. We also purposely avoided being too realistic. For example, on the uniforms we could've hung unit badges that soldiers wore on their military suits but we replaced it with the Korean flag because we thought it could make it tough for those who experienced the war to watch. But there'll be a lot of people who point that out too. Despite all that, we'll do the best we can. Though we know we have our limits.

Kim: I believe that our drama should be one that can heal many people with love. The war was so awful that no matter how realistically we show it, it doesn't erase the feelings of sorrow and resentment. I don't know how this may sound but I'm hoping the romance doesn't get covered by the war scenes. It'll be up to the viewers to judge whether the war scenes are of high quality.

Q: The fact that there is so much curiosity surrounding the quality of the show proves how much expectation there is toward it. As the producer of "Road No. 1," how well are you hoping it will do?

Lee: Of course I want it to score high ratings. I'm hoping it'll pass the 40 percent mark. I think our actors too will see good results at year-end awards ceremonies.

Editor : Lee Ji-Hye seven@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

&amp;amp;lt;!-- --&amp;amp;gt;

Guest shuky

Showing Love to their Idol

n2bdxd.jpg

t8kolu.jpg

Source:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=20...amp;code=100100

(Article's auto translated. All mistakes are mine)

On 15 May, Yoon Kye Sang's fans visited him on set in Yeoncheon, Gyeonggi province bearing gifts such as lip balm and body cream. The devoted fans also specially prepared a chicken dish (ginseng chicken?) for the cast and crew.

MBC's Korean War epic will hit TV screens on 23 June.

Not sure if this was posted earlier.... :)

2ugmag8.jpg

Credit: dcinside

5mzp13.jpg

20zd5ph.jpg

4tatmg.jpg

zl3dd2.jpg

2v97q11.jpg

2ywth0m.jpg

n2e3oo.jpg

rr4h2d.jpg

6zltlz.jpg

339ro5h.jpg

Credit: YKS and KHN's bar @tieba baidu

More pictures of the fan visit.....

Fan sponsored food for the cast and crew...

2a5x24g.jpg

21ozlth.jpg

55lbh4.jpg

New BTS...

29o48p0.jpg

e8o9pz.jpg

Credit: YKS's bar @tieba baidu

Latest stills, credit as marked

35clzs3.jpg

2h3c0pi.jpg

An assortment of BTS from naver and cyworld...

ddos5e.jpg

2552bma.jpg

25yyi54.jpg

oj1lwp.jpg

de35h0.jpg

9qvh9g.jpg

2efqigw.jpg

10p4ze1.jpg

2rzos94.jpg

k9gocz.jpg

jp973k.jpg

jptx6f.jpg

dewx1h.jpg

11qsntg.jpg

wtj67o.jpg

npfc4g.jpg

2enw2mu.jpg

Source: (More pictures within)

http://www.cyworld.com/jaeha0518/3867148

Guest shuky

Yoon Kye-sang's fans show support for Road No.1

Source:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/05/yoon-kye...-for-road-no-1/

Such displays of concerted fan support never cease to impress me: members of Yoon Kye-sang's fan club have worked together and raised money to supply the production of his new drama, Road No. 1, with a meal feeding 120 crew and cast members, which included the drama's other stars So Ji-sub, Kim Han-eul, and Choi Min-soo. The samgyetang lunch (a traditional chicken soup) was delivered to the drama's outdoor set location in Yeoncheon, Kyeonggi-do, on May 15. In addition to the samgyetang, the fans provided dessert, coffee, energy drinks, and other snacks.

In response, Yoon Kye-sang recorded a video message that was uploaded to his fan cafe, wherein he said, "Whenever I'm feeling tired I think of everyone in 'Beloved Kye-sang' [fan club] and I spring to my feet. Thanks to the chocolate and hot packs you sent in the past, I was able to bear through the winter shoots. I'm grateful to you every time."

In the Korean War-era drama, Yoon plays Tae-ho, an elite officer of the South Korean military who forms a love triangle with Jang-woo (So Ji-sub) and Soo-yeon (Kim Haneul). (Tae-ho is the third wheel — he falls for her and they become engaged, only to have Jang-woo return alive from the fighting.) Despite the fact that Jang-woo is Tae-ho's rival in love, they also form a strong bond as they fight together in the war.

Road No. 1 will premiere on MBC on June 23.

1ekyzd.jpg

Source:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201005191035451001

It looks like hugely talented child actress Kim Yoo-jung, last seen as the adorable yet feisty Dong Yi will play the younger version of KHN's role in Road No. 1. Making the transition from the Joseon dynasty to the 1950s is quite a feat for this eleven-year-old elementary student and KYJ confessed making the jump was difficult, given the stark difference in era and circumstances. However, she looks forward to the series' premiere on 23 June and receiving a good score, much like having sat for a history paper.

qzm5mx.jpg

More BTS....

riahjl.jpg

Source:

http://blog.naver.com/sjphoto77/100105635580

313mzie.jpg

hs7wns.jpg

2qlzz47.jpg

Credit: blog naver

6iybfp.jpg

33vdo3r.jpg

20faq74.jpg

Latest trailer.....takes some time to load though, but it's worth the wait. Get ready to be blown away this summer :)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=yoonk...page=1&bbs=

Stills from the trailer via dc

64gj94.jpg

z1nwp.jpg

2ll1wfl.jpg

2lxiex2.jpg

2na8ozt.jpg

2n9g9cl.jpg

Screen caps from the latest trailer:

Source: (28 caps within. Do click on the link for the rest of the caps :) Loads of SJS and YKS)

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=774789512

21ct5j5.jpg

mvkabm.jpg

161x08m.jpg

25s4l8l.jpg

2hywglu.jpg

Too hot to handle? The highly anticipated bed scene KHN talked about in the recent news conference, which SJS described as more a fight scene, leaving KHN all bruised after the shoot.

2z9l2cn.gif

Credit: dc

Guest shuky

Hey coco! Nice to see you....hope you are keeping well :) *I confess, I knew I'll bump into you again in this thread...hehehe...the SJS guru :D

Different link for the latest trailer, hope this loads better :)

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=774859098

Different trailer from imbc.......goodness me, I had goose bumps just watching it! Is it June yet??? :rolleyes:B)

This trailer starts with the much talked about KHN's topless scene, her very first since for debut (?)

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=sojis...page=1&bbs=

Hi shuky :D .. Long time no see since Cain and Abel ; very nice to see u too ^^

Hey coco! Nice to see you....hope you are keeping well :) *I confess, I knew I'll bump into you again in this thread...hehehe...the SJS guru :D

Ha ha that’s not true My office too busy I’ve just search for SJS not for Road No.1 ;)

you are so fast and complete than me :)

Archived