Sm Global Audition 08' [vancouver]

Guest sharry-star*

Guest cassiopeia_5549

I'm going to it! but i have no clue what to audition for i applied already and got accepted. i'm trying out for singing, acting, and modeling.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest foreverwith_you

OMG

I AM DYING TO AUDITION!!!

but when i asked me mom, she said NO.. cuz she thinks it's going to ruin my life =S

.. should i just go without her permission? =/

where is the audtion going to be held?!

i never auditioned for it before.. i wanted to last year, but i couldnt. ='(

LOL and i doubt i'll get in.. but my friends are encouraging me =P

im going there to sing, maybe some freestyle dance ahah, maybe acting too..

but i get really nervous, so yeah =S

Guest aoizora

Omg I seriously want to go this year as well.......but I'll only do singing and dancing because I'm too short for modelling and lacking in all the other parts. >.<''

Problem is....my singing is uh...really really average.....but my dancing is better. Still...I think I'm going to get so embarrassed in front of all the good people :(

Guest Ju Bin

OMG

I AM DYING TO AUDITION!!!

but when i asked me mom, she said NO.. cuz she thinks it's going to ruin my life =S

.. should i just go without her permission? =/

where is the audtion going to be held?!

i never auditioned for it before.. i wanted to last year, but i couldnt. ='(

LOL and i doubt i'll get in.. but my friends are encouraging me =P

im going there to sing, maybe some freestyle dance ahah, maybe acting too..

but i get really nervous, so yeah =S

i'm dying to audition too. i wanna be a singer but i've never told my parents because i already know that negative stuff are the only things that are gonna come out of their mouths.

i'm still deciding whether i should audition or not because i don't wanna make a fool of myself in front of all the very talented people hahhaa but if i do decide to go, i'm planning to do it secretly bahahahahaa

only my brother and my friend know that i'm thinking about auditioning.

and if, somehow but God's great hand, i do make it, then i'll tell my parents. XD

Guest foreverwith_you

i'm dying to audition too. i wanna be a singer but i've never told my parents because i already know that negative stuff are the only things that are gonna come out of their mouths.

i'm still deciding whether i should audition or not because i don't wanna make a fool of myself in front of all the very talented people hahhaa but if i do decide to go, i'm planning to do it secretly bahahahahaa

only my brother and my friend know that i'm thinking about auditioning.

and if, somehow but God's great hand, i do make it, then i'll tell my parents. XD

but like, i heard that if you do make it, you cant come back to canada.

u have to stay in korea =S

personally, i dont wanna live in korea.. lol that's why i moved here -___-

and btw, cant the SM ppl take advantage of your personal informations?!..

Guest angel_cutie

newwestminister probably~ its been there for 2 time haha

^

what do you mean by advantage over your personal info!?!

oh and i think you should go...or try and convince them

my mom was so mean to me about it >.<

like...she thinks i will get raped or somthing...>.<

and after the edison thingy she was like LOOk that is what would have happened

to you if you did

xD

Guest amurokenji

i might go this year for fun. tryin out as a composer ... all i know is i;m gonna bring my ds this time so i can play something while i wait

Guest Ju Bin

but like, i heard that if you do make it, you cant come back to canada.

u have to stay in korea =S

personally, i dont wanna live in korea.. lol that's why i moved here -___-

and btw, cant the SM ppl take advantage of your personal informations?!..

that's another reason that's stopping me from auditioning. lolz if by God's great hand i do make it, i wanna have a chance to visit my family sometimes. do they even let you visit?!?!? at least like twice a year for like a week?!??!

i heard that DongHae of SuJu didn't visit his family for like 6 years until he found out that his dad passed away. ok, like, come on, 6 years is so damn long to not see your family.

but i also heard about Jessica and Tiffany of SNSD, during their break or w/e, Jess went back to San Fran to visit her family and Tiff went to visit her dad. what's the real deal?

Guest angel_cutie

^ i guess you can???

is there still the visa problem thoe??

cuz like..if there is,that gives you a chance to go back xPP

Guest sharry-star*

Being a performer has its downsides for sure. Most likely you'll be too busy to go back to visit your parents.

This is common for people under the entertainment industry i think.

But if someone really truly loves this, they will sacrafice, in order to pursue it.

I'm pretty sure when you have breaks, you can go back to visit though. You might not be able to go

frequently but you will have chances.

And if not, there will still be phone and webcamming.

We all will eventually go our own ways and leave our parents to pursue our own life, it just depends if we're

ready and confident enough to do it.

But enough of this rant.

With the visa. Here's what i know.

If you decide to keep your citizenship in america/canada etc.

you train in korea under performers visa <- this has its downsides however because when you debut,

there are certain tv stations that you won't be able to go on. Example: Hankyung from Suju and Jang Ri-in.

If you decide to be like YooChun from dbsk [he gave up his citizenship so he didn't hafta go under visa] then you

will be able to go on those stations.

But back to the visa. I think that it is required for people to go back to your own country in order to keep your

citizenship there, i believe. Perfomers under visa has to go back at least once a year i think?

I'm not too sure about this all. But this is what I know.

=) Good luck to everyone! and i hope everyone keeps on trying to fight for their dream. ^_^

Words from Dong Bang Shin Ki

Guest foreverwith_you

&btw, does anyone know if there may be another audition in 2009? or later on the years?

because i dont know if i can audition this year..

im almost 16, and from my opinion, i think education is key. and i would like to finish and succeed in high school,

and then see where i would like to head.

& plus, if i move out, i'll have complete control of my own life. so, i dont have to worry about

disapointing my parents at a young age.. hehe

Guest sharry-star*

Judging from how they have global auditions this year and last year. I think they will come back for auditions

for 2009. It depends though, if they continually don't see a lot of talent in the area and maybe if there

arn't alot of people that go to it, they might change their auditions areas.

Right now, no one can say for sure they will come back, but there is a high chance that they will.

But good luck with what you choose to do. Education is important for sure haha.

If you are star material, it won't matter when you choose to audition. That's what people always say.

If you were born to be on the big screen, it won't matter how old you are.

=)

Guest foreverwith_you

^ lol thanks.

i guess i'll just try out this year ahah

and if i dont make it, i'll try out again if i get a chance after i graduate

XD

Guest xxswt_520xx

hey im just wondering for sm auditions are u allowed to go in groups?

as in get a friend or two to do auditions togetherr=TT

Guest bbSooyoung

"

- Requirements

Any Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc) residing around the audition areas may participate regardless of nationality, age or gender."

I tried sending them an email asking about this but - would anyone happen to know, if you dont LIVE in Vancouver but live somewhere else.. you can't audition? @_@ I visit Vancouver a lot and I was wondering if it would be still possible to audition.

Guest sharry-star*

hey im just wondering for sm auditions are u allowed to go in groups?

as in get a friend or two to do auditions togetherr=TT

I'm pretty sure you can go in groups becuase if you search up some videos of auditions in 2006, some people

went in groups. But it might be better if you go alone because they can focus on you more. And they won't

compare you to the others in your group.

"

- Requirements

Any Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc) residing around the audition areas may participate regardless of nationality, age or gender."

I tried sending them an email asking about this but - would anyone happen to know, if you dont LIVE in Vancouver but live somewhere else.. you can't audition? @_@ I visit Vancouver a lot and I was wondering if it would be still possible to audition.

As for this question, the answer is Yes you can.

As long as you can make it there on that day and audition there, there should be no reason why you can't.

Guest tokyopolaroid

i'm going to audition! :)

what is everyone auditioning for? ahh i gotta figure out what song to sing.. how many songs should we prepare?

Guest xxswt_520xx

i'm going to audition! :)

what is everyone auditioning for? ahh i gotta figure out what song to sing.. how many songs should we prepare?

=] heyyy=]]

i'm probably auditioning for singing=T but i didnt email them yet since i'm still decidinggg

u shud prepare 2-3 songs cauz they'll ask u to sing other songs if they like u=]]

hwaiting!!xD

Guest starwater

i have a question...

can i still go there even if i don't audition?

and i've heard that they hand out posters right?

is that only for the people who audition? or anyone can get it?

Archived