[movie 2008] Et At My School 울학교 이티

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

Kim Soo Ro, Baek Sung Hyun, Lee Min Ho, Lee Han Wi, Park Bo Young
Debuts 11 Sept 2008.

Comedy, drama genre.

Director : Park Kwang Choon (Madeleine, She's On Duty)

Cast : Kim Soo Ro, Baek Sung Hyun, Lee Min Ho, Lee Han Wi, Park Bo Young, Lee Chan Ho, Moon Chae Won, Ha Jung Woo (cameo role)

Official site : http://www.et2008.co.kr/

Related movie site : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=44449

Link to photo gallery : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=44449

Link to trailers : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=44449

Music Video :

http://mv.daum.net/player/mv_player.asp?no...k=m&index=n

2008080416350242902_164008_0.jpgphoto59263.jpg

poster_325189.jpg

20080814104408268a4_104821_0.jpg

OST Album "

http://listen.daum.net/info/albuminfo.asp?...mp;albumNo=4255

Guest huangsy

Source : http://www.hancinema.net/[chanmi-s-movie-news]-kim-soo-ro-in-e-t-at-my-school-14940.html

[ChanMi's movie news] Kim Soo-ro in "E.T at My School"

2008/08/06 | Source | Permalink | Share this news

Two posters for the new movie "E.T at My School" starring Kim Soo-ro was released.

The well loved movie star Kim Soo-ro came back as a comic character, an English teacher who carries around random English notes and goes through many ordeals with his reckless students.

He has returned to the screens in three years who used to be a character who wanted to be a P.E teacher forever now became an English teacher due to his difficult situations.

Kim Soo-ro as Chun Seong-geun wears a white wife-beater and blue training pants remiscing the famous movie "Ong-bak".

This movie will be released this September 11th.

2008081310020571702_100557_0.jpg

2008081313110258510_140307_0.jpg

20080804165249764c4_170025_0.jpg

2008081116342618870_163617_0.jpg

2008081116342618870_163617_1.jpg

20080808093305642e1_094220_0.jpg

20080805180124388a4_193209_0.jpg

Guest valley girl

kim soo ro this movie must be crazy as usual. Kim soo ro he is a funny, friendly person many superstars are his Friend. Even while he was marrying Jang dong Gun , lee Byoung Hoon, Jo in Sung, Cha tae Hyun and many more attended the party.

Guest huangsy

Posted by RUBIE at news thread.

August 20, 2008

Actor Kim Su-ro as English Teacher on Big Screen

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

080820_p16_actor.jpg

Actor Kim Su-ro

The zeal for English education in South Korea needs no introduction, except that it has inspired hit comedies like "My Tutor Friend" and "Please Teach Me English" (2003).

Funnyman Kim Su-ro comes back to the big screen as E.T. ― no, not an extraterrestrial, but an English teacher ― or more specifically an unconventional, "alien-like" one in the upcoming film "Our School E.T." (working title).

The 38-year-old actor ("Educating Kidnappers," 2006) plays the role of a quirky high school physical education teacher. But the school's new policy to boost English education puts his position at stake, and he decides that teaching English is his only hope. Thus begins the simpleton's rigorous training to exercise his brain "muscles" to master English.

Kim's anxious "survival" seems to extend off screen. "I made the film thinking it would be my last. If this doesn't fare well in the box office, then I won't be getting any more offers, so I poured my heart and soul into it,'' he said with a bout of his signature laughter at a press event in southern Seoul, Tuesday.

Director Park K.C. ("She's on Duty," 2005) said the script was tailor made for Kim. In a previous press meeting, the actor said he had always wanted to play a teacher. It took him five years of retaking the college entrance exam for college, and his high school teacher's support was vital. He never forgets to visit his teacher to this day.

"They say English education is too focused on grammar here, and I think that perhaps education, or student-teacher relations in general, are grammar-oriented rather than conversational. My character in the film thus approaches students in a more realistic, conversing way," he said.

The director emphasized that the film is entertaining and funny, but is more than just an extension of TV slapstick sequences. "I wanted to catch two hares simultaneously, both comedy and drama," said the male lead, adding that the film offers meaningful humor rooted in a touching story.

Despite his solid reputation as a goofball, Kim also laughed about being hopelessly defeated by ad-lib master Lee Han-wi, who assumed the role of a P.E. teacher-turned-principal.

"Our School E.T." is due in theaters Sept. 11. Distributed by SK Telecom.

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../141_29686.html

Ha Jung Woo's cameo role.

20080823140042457b0_140042_0.jpg

2008082318395878394_184819_1.jpg

2008082218214158070_182406_0.jpg

OMGGGG MY DEAREST LEEMINHO AND PARKBOYOUNG!!! good to see them do another project together after their dramas=)cant wait to see this

August 22, 2008

Kim Su-ro to play a quirky English teacher

200808191918011003_1.jpg

E.T. stands for English teacher - but for a P.E. instructor forced to change jobs and become an English teacher overnight, E.T. is in the territory of extraterrestrial uncertainty. However, this quirky role is a good fit for Kim Su-ro, a veteran actor who has built his fame through comic versatility.

In the movie "English Teacher," Kim plays Cheon Seong-geun, a P.E. teacher, whose job security is endangered. His job is easy and enjoyable, but then his school suddenly decides to hire another English teacher to help more students enter prestigious universities - at the cost of a gym teacher.

To survive, Cheon attempts to change his specialty and adapts to the new role of an English teacher. The only problem is that he does not speak English well; in fact, he has not spoken the language at all in the past 10 years.

The movie's basic comic set-up is simple enough, but since it's so straightforward, much of the comedy depends on the central character, and few Korean actors can match Kim Su-ro's ability to transform his image instantly and adapt to a new role.

"I'm just working hard to do my part to help find a turning point for the Korean film industry because I know our filmmakers are having a hard time," Kim told reporters at a press conference in Seoul on Tuesday. His passion for films is well-illustrated in his career. Since his big-screen debut in 1993 with a minor role in "Two Cops," Kim has expanded his cinematic experience at a steady pace, having performed in more than 20 films.

A turning point came in 1999 when he played an outlandish comic character in "Attack the Gas Station!" When the movie became an unexpected hit and Kim's character drew attention, his status as a comic actor got a boost.

More momentum came in 2006 when he starred in "Vampire Cop, Ricky" as an eccentric creature of the night. This role was equally challenging because plenty of exaggerated facial expressions and slapstick were required. Kim loved the character. Due to the positive reaction from audiences, a sequel to the comic vampire film is also set for release later this year.

As with Kim's other comic films, "English Teacher" is expected to demonstrate his shapeshifting abilities on the silver screen. "I wanted to play a teacher in the movie, but I had a clear picture about the role I would play," Kim said.

"I got several offers for a teacher role, but declined to join the projects because I did not see the picture I had in mind, but the role in 'English Teacher' was different and, more importantly, the character was exactly what I thought about a teacher role."

Kim said many of the offers he received involved comic performances, but comedy is not the most important factor in his career choices. "Instead of meaningless laughter, I want to create laughs that come with a touch of humanity or warmth," he said, adding that "English Teacher" will feature a character that is engaging and appealing in many respects.

Kim said he never fails to visit his high school on Teacher's Day. "I respect my teachers, and I believe their teaching affected my life in a big way, and perhaps that's why I finally got into a college, even after I had failed to pass the entrance exam four times," he said.

To play the role of an English teacher, he practiced speaking English a lot and even received accent training from a native speaker. But Kim said the movie touches on other areas besides English education.

"My impression is that not only English education but also the relationships between teachers and students seem to stress rules rather than conversations," Kim said. "In this movie, Cheon tries to close the gap with students through practical conversation rather than grammar rules."

"English Teacher," directed by Park Gwang-chun, will be released nationwide on Sept. 11.

By Yang Sung-jin (insight@heraldm.com), image from empas.com

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

Guest valley girl

sounds funny ,, kim soo ro seems gain weight ??? for this movie he use to be slim .. lee min ho so tall !!!, kim soo ro is tall too, lee min ho even a bit taller

Guest sWeEteSt.eTeRNiiTy

omgohs, baek sung hyuN! goshhh i wanna watch this. seems like he has a minor role but thats okay. just as long as i get to see him again. hope someone will sub this! :D thanks for the info.

Can someone translate this news about ET at my school. Thanks !!!!

이범수-장진영, '울학교 이티'에 아름다운 투자

이범수와 장진영이 영화 '울학교 이티'에 투자를 한 사실이 밝혀져 화제가 되고 있다.

배우들이 자신의 출연작이나 매니지먼트 제작 영화에 투자를 하는 경우는 간혹 있어왔지만, 이들은 영화와 무관한 경우라 더욱 눈길을 끈다.

평소 친분이 있던 제작사 대표의 권유로 1차 편집본을 본 이범수와 장진영은 영화의 대박에 대한 확신 속에 기꺼이 지갑을 열었다. 특히 선생님을 소재로 한 밝고 재미있는 스토리에 두 배우의 마음이 움직였다는 후문이다.

한편 이범수와 장진영도 반해버린 '울학교 이티'는 개봉을 앞두고 대대적인 이벤트를 마련했다.

7일 동안 진행되는 '전국 5개 도시 스쿨어택 이벤트' 등의 행사를 통해 영화에 대한 기대감을 최고조로 올려놓고 있는 것. 이미 각종 사이트 올 추석 기대작 1위, 인기 동영상 1위 등 온갖 설문조사에서 1위를 싹쓸이하며 본격 흥행 몰이에 돌입한 '울학교 이티'는 11일 전국 극장가를 웃음 광풍으로 뒤덮는다.

김수로가 주인공을 맡았으며, 이한위 박보영 등이 출연했다.

< 전상희 기자 scblog.chosun.com/frog7024>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived