Sm Entertainment - Global Auditions [2008]

Riri

Guest ice_princess09

awww...=_=''

Too bad I can't come..XDD

I can dance, act and sing (i'm not that good..=_='')

but I'm in the Philippines right now..=_=''

I do hope that they'll do auditions in other countries soon...^^

Good luck to those who would join! <3

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KuYA II

thank you for the info!! ^0^

my sister is planning to audition for both la and oc hehehe.

i wish everyone good luck on the audition!! =)

Guest fuzzyrum

hey guys, are you allowed to have an instrumental accompaniment when you sing?

like if you wanted to play the guitar while singing, would that be allowed?

Guest anniiee

i'm wondering the same thing too, do they have a piano at the auditioning place? so is singing while playing piano ok?

and how many people do they usually pick for each city?

Guest jocilyn

ALRIGHT!! i was about to go to last years audition.. however i just found out about it like 2 days before the thing.. so i was like whatever i'll try next year...since their was no announcements i was like what if their isn't...??!!! haha

So i'm trying for the 'Singer' category.. however.. can you audition together with a friend?? like do the performance together?? and is it true that if one of us messes up.. is it over for the both of us?? or can one person still go on??

Guest jocilyn

1. Singer – Singing without MR & microphone. Both cover and original songs are allowed to be sung.

What does it mean both cover and originals songs are allowed to be sung???

by 'cover' they mean you can sing a song that was made by a producer.. or was sung by a singer.. i don't know how to explain this well but..

lets say you sing.."Into the New World" by SNSD. and you sing it there. that is called a cover.

'original songs' are songs that you composed and wrote your self/ it can be a song that your friend wrote or something...

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

i'm just wondering, cause it sounds

like everybody is auditioning for dancing or singing...

but how many of you are actually auditioning for acting??

I know I'm gonna dance for sure...

but I don't know if I should sing or act....

Guest wasabii_soo

sing in whatever language you are most confident in and

comfortable ^^"

mmh..~ yeah iknoww XD but im just saying that..probably..99.9% of the pppl who are auditionning will sing in english..XD ~

im wondering..~

what are u guys gonna sing? & what language?

@m1ckyy_yoochun

i'll be singing..~ but i wanna try out for acting also ;O

Guest angel_cutie

me?haha

im sing japanese even thoe im nowhere fluet

but its easy to remeber and to pronouce than korean

(even thoe im learning korean xDDD)

well..thats what i think anyways lol

Guest sokeepdreaming

For those who went previous years or happen to know, how long do you get to sing for? 30 sec? 45 sec? < lol guesses

Guest xblade321

If they tell u to sing another song

Is it better to sing a son that a different ARTIST

or is it ok to sing the same artist

Guest musicpoplove

^ oh my..~ thank you so much for those informations~ ^^ ~

& i have another question .~

i know it wont be good if i sing in krn if im not krn..~

but....i know most of the ppl will probably sing in english..

` BUT urrg..~~ is it possible for me to sing in chinese...? o_O

Yeah i guess sing in chinesse if you rally want but i thknk english would be a better choice.

@moosecakex

first thankyou for sharing ^^

I have questions about the attire...

would skinny jeans be considered "funky" clothing, as in no I shouldn't wear them?

and what about shorts?

If you mean like gray-black skinny, then it's fine, if you go that pretty-casual way. wearing skinny jeans with funy hair and top with weird colors is really a unattractive thing to Koreans. Remember, Koreans view style as a clean and natural way to be pretty.

i really want to audition but im already 27yrs. old :(

but i look young for my age.. do u think they would

still let me try out?

You can try out. If you got good skills in both sing/dance, then you probaby have no big problem. But I have to say you ahve a lower chance, i doubt they will put you as an idol group IF you ever do get picked. But tring out for model/acting (DANCE TOO!!) will give you a boost for age

would it be better if we sang one song in english and the another in korean?

and if you pass the 2nd callback, does that mean you're through?

You should prepare atleast 3 songs. If you are good they may ask you up to 3 songs like last year this girl was asked to sing 3 songs. It's 2nd call back and then Final round.

no instrumental CD. Guitar? Last year in NY this girl audition with guitar, but the thing is SM style is POP/R&B. Not acustic american style. Dont try to do something out of SM style. The reality is they pick people that suits their style.

ALRIGHT!! i was about to go to last years audition.. however i just found out about it like 2 days before the thing.. so i was like whatever i'll try next year...since their was no announcements i was like what if their isn't...??!!! haha

So i'm trying for the 'Singer' category.. however.. can you audition together with a friend?? like do the performance together?? and is it true that if one of us messes up.. is it over for the both of us?? or can one person still go on??

Yeah you can audition together. I saw couple together audition, but i dont think that's a good idea...not a very good idea to show your individual skill.

For those who went previous years or happen to know, how long do you get to sing for? 30 sec? 45 sec? < lol guesses

In SM last year NY, they let you sing till you stop but im sure it changed this year. IN Korea auditions, they make you stop if they dont like you wich is about over 10 sec.

If they tell u to sing another song

Is it better to sing a son that a different ARTIST

or is it ok to sing the same artist

Doent matter what you sing... they dnt care if its whoever artist just sing your song.

dont sing like Rock weird songs. Sing something that matches SM style.

**FOR FREESTYLE DANCE QUESTIONS...

I highly suggest you Do freestyle dance. I do not know about NY auditions from what i saw last year... Lastyear in NY there was no Freestyle, BUT if there IS no freestyle in your city, do BOTH sing AND dance.

Dance is very important in any company espcially JYP and SM. Thre are judges that care more abotu DANCE. and some Singing, but it depetnds on who you get as a judge.

Im telling you... dancing is very important... Even my SMcon. friend agrees, as his SM producer lady knows also.

If youre playing the guitar while singing, yes..but if your singing alone you have to sing acapella..one of the 2006 auditions there was this guy who played a guitar while singing .

Guest fuzzyrum

no instrumental CD. Guitar? Last year in NY this girl audition with guitar, but the thing is SM style is POP/R&B. Not acustic american style. Dont try to do something out of SM style. The reality is they pick people that suits their style.

If youre playing the guitar while singing, yes..but if your singing alone you have to sing acapella..one of the 2006 auditions there was this guy who played a guitar while singing .

thnx guys, *sigh* i'm in for a stressful two months of practicing :sweatingbullets:

Guest tvxqsaranghae

ANSWERS/THINGS ABOUT AUDITION/SM ENT. YOU SHOULD KNOW

Yes I have a goood friend who's related to a famous trainnie and a 2nd-highst worker in SM, and he knows alot, so ill share. I am auditioning in Korea, but i have some answers for global.

These things i say are 100% true and not just guessing

F.A.Q

OTher questionas you can ask me. If i dont know it then i will ask my SMcon. friend.

thanks!!! another FAQ for you! do they care about ur height and weight at the auditions? and a "V-line"?? if u have a chubby face at your audition, would that lower ur chance?? if ur standing next to a very skinny person would that skinny person have more of a chance to get in even if your skills are similar?

Guest xblade321

GAHH SOMEONE HELP ME LOLLL

Sm wants r&b and pop right??

Since im not that good with pop songs.

I was gonna do FIRSTLY Sgwannabe - Sarang hae suh yo.

THen i thought too ballady!

SO i was gonna do Sgwannabe- sin and punishment part 2!

Then i listened to song agian and i fell in love with it agian

Listen from 3:14 - The end of the song.

I prepared already a list of like 4 songs that im gonna practice.

BUT IONO WAT TO DO FOR THE AUDITION!!!

I know to pick the song im best at but thats why i picked 4 songs that i can sing well.

HELP ME CHOOSE PLLZZ

DO SM ACCEPT BALLAD?? =/

sighh

im soo tempted to sing aballad song

DO SM ACCEPT BALLAD?? =/

sighh

im soo tempted to sing aballad song

?? SM has plenty of ballads o_0

Almost every artist i know under SM has ballads in their albums, JRI even made a debut with a ballad song. ><

Sing in what style suits your voice the most.

Doent matter what you sing... they dnt care if its whoever artist just sing your song.

dont sing like Rock weird songs. Sing something that matches SM style.

The Trax are under SM and theyre rock.

Theres no point singing in a particular style just to suit SM or whatever, verstility and potential to expand into other genres is a voice more sought after, SM like any other company are looking to venture into other genres to create variations in their 'style', you can see that with new artists like Shinee.

Archived