Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** Rain rarely speaks about Kim Tae Hee at length, but he did so in an interview with Jo Hyun Ah on her YouTube channel. It’s cool that he acknowledged that though they weren’t each other’s ideal type at first, they still ended up falling in love and getting married. I’m glad that they are still together.   :happydance:

*** July will be an exciting month with plenty of Korean drama premieres. Red Swan is one I’m interested in since it stars Rain as a bodyguard. Ahem. I’m all for sexy bodyguards after Blood Free.  :Megalol:     Disney Plus confirmed that Red Swan will premiere July 3.

2024060309091567094_11417711164301358499

Kim Ha Neul and Rain’s ‘Red Swan’ Confirms July Release on Disney Plus

5ac9b05e9018db0ec513dc5a01533771.jpg

Disney Plus has announced the July premiere of Red Swan, a thrilling drama centered on the upper echelons of Korean society. Alongside the announcement, the streaming service released a stunning poster and first stills showcasing the captivating world of the Hwainga Group.

Red Swan follows the story of Oh Wan Soo, the chairwoman of the Now Foundation, who finds her life in danger due to a fierce inheritance battle within the Hwainga Group. Her bodyguard, Seo Do Yoon, is a former police officer determined to protect her at all costs.

fdd60e7f4005d007b5b35d096826c9c9-tile.jp

The newly released poster features the characters against the backdrop of a luxurious mansion, each displaying their distinct personalities. Kim Ha Neul, as the elegant Oh Wan Soo, commands attention with her poised presence. Rain‘s Seo Do Yoon stands out with his intense gaze, promising viewers spectacular action scenes.

The ensemble cast also includes Jung Gyu Woon, Seo Yi Sook, Yoon Je Moon, and Ki Eun Se, each bringing unique flair to their roles. Jung Gyu Woon plays Kim Yong Gook, the successor of the Hwainga Group and Oh Wan Soo’s husband, exuding a wild, uncontrollable energy. Seo Yi Sook portrays Park Mi Ran, the haughty chairwoman of the Hwainga Group, while Yoon Je Moon takes on the role of Han Sang Il, the group’s enigmatic lawyer. Ki Eun Se plays Jang Tae Ra, an ambitious new face in the group.

Adding to the intrigue is the atmospheric poster caption, “Elegantly, everything about them is exposed,” which hints at the hidden secrets and true nature of Korea’s elite 1%.

The first stills from the series highlight Oh Wan Soo’s confident demeanor, with Seo Do Yoon valiantly protecting her from looming threats. The dynamic between the two characters, as they protect each other and develop a captivating bond, is expected to be a major draw for viewers. The intense clashes among the vibrant characters set against the backdrop of the powerful Hwainga Group promise a riveting watch.

Red Swan is directed by Park Hong Kyun, known for his work on hits like New Heart, Queen Seondeok, and The Greatest Love. The script is penned by Choi Yoon Jung, the writer behind Only Love and Three Sisters, ensuring a high-quality production. The 10-episode series will release two episodes every Wednesday, starting from July 3rd.

Source: Disney Plus

*** Rain has shared for the first time the love story between him and his wife, Kim Tae-hee. During an appearance on the Shin Dong-yup's YouTube channel. It was during a commercial shoot that he first encountered Kim Tae-hee. Rain confessed that he didn't initially see her as his type, and interestingly, she felt the same way about him. When he first expressed interest, she told him she preferred handsome men and outright rejected him, saying he wasn't her type. Not discouraged, Rain obtained her phone number and called her, suggesting they have a meal together, but she repeatedly declined. Rain recalled, "At that time, when she kept refusing, it kindled a competitive spirit in me. I thought, 'Why not? I am also a decent person.' I even tried using my upcoming military service as a leverage, asking if we could meet before I enlisted, but she still said no." However, about a year later, while on military leave, Rain accidentally sent her a text message, which led to a change in their dynamics. He took the moment to ask her out again, suggesting they meet for a meal while he was on leave. This time, she agreed, marking the beginning of their relationship. Rain is really persistent. I guess Kim Tae Hee liked his being persistent. “When he first expressed interest, Kim told him she preferred handsome men and outright rejected him…” - I think this is the reason why Kim Tae Hee hit him on the back after this was said on the video............. Or was this loosely translated?  I'm happy it worked out for them. Also, I think one of the reasons she rejected him is because that time Rain's name is rumored to be dating a lot of celebrities but no confirmation, though. I am really happy he never gave up on her. It is the persistent one that wins the race. Their love story is adorable.  :heart3:

1717423182-0003837713-002-20240603190308

photos source : allkpop

Rain Shares the Humorous Beginnings of His Romance with Kim Tae Hee

rain.png

Rain opened up about how he started dating his wife, actress Kim Tae Hee, sharing some humorous anecdotes along the way. Initially, Kim Tae Hee turned him down, stating her preference for handsome men.

In a video released on June 3rd on the YouTube channel “Zzanbro,” hosted by Shin Dong Yup, Rain discussed his journey to marrying Kim Tae Hee. Reflecting on their first meeting, Rain said, “I went to a commercial shoot, and Kim Tae Hee was there. I thought she was quite different from me. She wasn’t my style.”

Shin Dong Yup chimed in, suggesting that Rain might not have been Kim Tae Hee’s type either, to which Rain agreed, “That’s 100% true. When I first approached her, she said that she likes handsome guys and told me, ‘You’re not my style.'”

Despite the initial rejection, Rain decided to get her phone number and call her. “I couldn’t resist. I wanted her number, so I got it and called her. When I said it was Rain, she asked why I was calling. I suggested having a meal together, and she responded, ‘Why should we?’ She refused. My competitive spirit kicked in. I hung up and thought about it, and I got angry. So, I called again. And she still said no,” he recounted.

A year later, while on leave from military service, Rain accidentally texted Kim Tae Hee, thinking he was messaging g.o.d.’s Kim Tae Woo. Rain had a habit of slightly altering friends’ names when saving them on his phone, so he had saved Kim Tae Hee’s number as “Kim Tae Soo.” This serendipitous mistake gave him another chance to suggest a meal, which Kim Tae Hee finally accepted.

source : https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20240603_0002759668&cID=10601&pID=10600

*** Comedian Shin Dong-yeob shared a funny story about the baby daughter of Lee Byung Hun and his wife, Lee Min-jung during RAIN guested on his YouTube show 'Zzanbro'. During the show, they talked about their close friends, Lee Byung Hun and Song Seung Hun, and how humorous they are in real life when they seem serious on TV. "I find Byung Hun and Seung Hun hilarious.", Shin Dong-yeob said, "Seung Hun revealed that side of him a little during his recent guest appearance here." Whenever Byung Hun is in private talks, he tries to make his friends laugh as if his life depended on it. And he always succeeds. However, he slips right back into his celebrity persona whenever there's a camera and other people around. Like, 'Hello, it's Lee Byung Hun here.'. RAIN said Lee Byung Hun is the funniest member of their friend group, including Shin Dong-yeob, Song Seung Hun and PSY. Byung Hun is an amazing actor with a great spectrum of facial expressions and vocal tone. But when in a private setting, the guy couldn't be more light-hearted.", RAIN added. Then, Shin Dong-yeob talked about his recent visit to Lee Byung Hun's house, where he and Song Seung Hun met his adorable baby girl. "Byung Hun, Seung Hun, and I were drinking outside that day, and Byung Hun suggested continuing the fun at his place. When we got there, the baby was asleep. Lee Min-jung woke the baby to get her dressed in a pretty outfit, which made her cry.", the comedian said. "Lee Min-jung held the baby in her arms to soothe her, but she continued to cry. I tried baby talk to help the baby feel better, but it had no effect. 'Oh, she's just upset because I disturbed her sleep and changed her clothes.', Lee Min-jung told me." "Seung Hun then came to see the baby. 'Aww!', he exclaimed as he waved his hands at her. Then, instantly, the baby stopped crying.", Shin Dong-yeob said, and RAIN added, "Wow, even a baby can recognize good looks!" "She stopped crying and started playing shyly!", the comedian playfully exclaimed, mimicking the baby's reaction to Song Seung Hun. "Lee Min-jung was taken aback, like, 'Oh, my. Why is she doing that??'.", Shin Dong-yeob concluded, and the entire table erupted in applause and laughter.     :emmm:

201940789_700.webp

source : SBS Star

*** Also, during his appearance on Shin Dong Yup's YouTube channel to promote his drama comeback, "Red Swan," he recalled his life being with his mother. RAIN talked about the two most important women in his life, his wife Kim Tae Hee and his late mother. He recalled the final moments with his mother and how he thinks it was connected to being Kim Tae Hee's husband. He admitted that he felt "regret" whenever he recalled his mother. He said, "I wish I could at least treat my mother to food with the money I earned." He was living life in poverty as a kid and starving for multiple days because they have no food at home. RAIN also thought that his mother led him to meet his wife, Kim Tae Hee. "She is helping me. She made me have such a good wife and a happy family."   :cheers:

rain.png?w=820

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/134587/20240604/rain-shares-how-late-mother-helped-him-meet-kim-tae-hee.htm

*** Also, during RAIN appearance in Shin Dongyeop's YouTube talk show he mentioned their 8-year-old and 6-year-old daughters.He said, "When asked when I am happiest, I say it's when I'm at home. We have two king-sized beds pushed together. I sleep with my daughters on either side of me. My older daughter is on my right, and my younger daughter is on my left. In those moments, I have nothing I envious of in the world.They are my everything." Rain also shared a playful conversation with his wife, Kim Taehee: "I asked her, 'If you had to save someone, who would it be between our older daughter, our younger daughter, and me?' Without hesitation, she chose our daughters. I told her, 'I would save you first.'"    :cutekitty:

20240604_230820_136_in%20yt2.jpg

source : Gstarlive

*** Upcoming Disney+ original series “Red Swan” has unveiled a new poster! The tagline, “Elegantly, everything about them will be revealed.” “Red Swan” consists of a total of 10 episodes with two episodes being released every Wednesday starting from July 3.   :heart3:

red-swan-1-.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/311/0001735253

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rain And Kim Ha Neul Are Determined To Expose Hidden Truth In Upcoming Drama "Red Swan"

Spoiler

20240610041249_red-swan-1-1-1.jpg?s=900x

Upcoming Disney+ original series “Red Swan” has unveiled a new poster!

“Red Swan” depicts the story of Oh Wan Soo (Kim Ha Neul), who dreams of a perfect life of the upper class society and marries the heir of Hwain Group. She encounters the secret of the Hwain family when she meets her bodyguard Seo Do Yoon (Rain), who always stands by her side. The drama will be directed by Park Hong Kyun, the director of “Hwayugi,” “The Greatest Love,” and “The Great Queen Seon Deok,” and it will be written by Choi Yoon Jung, the writer of “Only Love,” “Three Sisters,” and “The Person I Love.”

The newly released poster grabs attention with vibrant red glass shards in the background, highlighting the intense atmosphere of the Hwain Group. Oh Wan Soo, the group’s daughter-in-law and foundation director, stands poised among the falling glass, exuding elegance and charisma. Her determined pose suggests a resolve to uphold her beliefs and goals, building anticipation for her decisive actions.

Meanwhile, bodyguard Seo Do Yoon looks ready to rush out and save Wan Soo from danger. His eyes reveal a strong resolve to protect her at all costs, suggesting the intense and dramatic action he is about to deliver.

From a distance, Wan Soo’s husband Kim Yong Guk (Jung Gyu Woon), the heir to Hwain Group, watches with eyes filled with desire. Futhermore, Hwain Group Chairwoman Park Mi Ran (Seo Yi Sook) exudes calm confidence, radiating an overwhelming presence as if the world is at her feet.

Adding to the intrigue are Hwain Group’s lawyer Han Sang Il (Yoon Je Moon), with his enigmatic gaze, and Jang Tae Ra (Ki Eun Se), whose sideways glances at Kim Yong Guk reveal her bold ambitions. The diverse characters and their tangled desires raise curiosity about the intense power struggles to come.

The tagline, “Elegantly, everything about them will be revealed,” stirs curiosity about their true nature and raises anticipation for a major scandal.

red-swan-1-.jpg

“Red Swan” consists of a total of 10 episodes with two episodes being released every Wednesday starting from July 3. Stay tuned!

credit : soompi news

*** Rain met the members of Stray Kids on his show Season B Season and acknowledged how much one of them resembled him. Hyunjin has been rocking longer hair, the show’s staff had “heard Hyunjin sort of looks like Rain back in the ‘Bad Guy’ days.” There was another member who looked more like  him, though. Bang Chan said to Rain, “When I was in year six, everyone used to tell me that I looked like you in Australia.” Rain agreed that they resembled each other and added 2PM‘s Chansung into the picture. He said, “Bang Chan is like a mixture of me and Chansung.” The show’s editors placed photos of the two senior artists beside Bang Chan, perfectly showing how accurate Rain had been with the description.   :kaching3:

video source : Koreaboo