Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Guest JenBell

spent ages....reading all the posts...there are alot of pages...ooo...never got bored once though...is that weird...spending hours reading about someone and then complain that its not enough?

Anyways, just wanted to say thank u to everyone for entertaining my small little mind

Guest docirene

A TRUE WINNER IS MAGNANIMOUS IN VICTORY AND GRACIOUS IN DEFEAT!(pls if you know the exact person who quoted this, tell me!)---->love this words although i don't know who said@@

actually i've heard this several times but it just caught my attn again when i heard a game show host said this on natl tv. i hope i can give due credit to the one who quoted this. anyways, this saying or quotation is true. most ppl know how to be big and great when he emerges the winner but sometimes what is really nteworthy is the person who loses but knows how to rise up after he falls down. truly gracious in defeat and not a sore loser like many.

docirene - here you go........hope this is the right one you're looking for.

http://download.yousendit.com/8827EA6511805918

thx a lot, gurl! i hope this is the one i'm looking for. i just love to hear rain sing in japanese, chinese, korean and english. he is simply great. it's a good thing my iPod isnt complaining when i only listen to him. i know there are still lots of good artists but right now, it's all Rain for me.

wow! he's going to the phils! yeepee!

oh yes, and they call us the land of smiles. rain will surely see lots of smiling faces when he comes over. and we're also looking fwd to the bright sunny smiles of rain. can't w8.

Guest xxcrazy_onexx

bi sure has a LOT in store for him

the next 2 years are going to be so hectic for him

i hope he doesnt get sick

but hes in the prime of his life right now, and im sure hes enjoying it :)

im so happy for him that all these good things are happening

he deserves all this, and i really really hope/wish that he makes it into the US market

and overcomes the "usher and JT and michael jackson" thing :angry:

i wonder if he will ever see those chinese cloud pictures :phew:

that nice and slow preformance was hot :w00t:

thanks for sharing it!

so true, he was very "high" :D . I think he was still in the excitement after "full house", just like his

performance in "last vacation concert".......... in love with someone maybe :w00t:

To be honest, for most part, I didn't even figure out the lyrics he's singing, not say mistake :sweatingbullets:

it doesn't matter, watching his sexy and cute performance is good enough. This guy really know how to

tease and cheer up audiences.

I love his nice and slow perf... super hot... I have like 3.. is there anymore??

KM music award.

031219kmkoreanmusicawardsperfn.jpg

Ting concert - unfortunately I only have the fan cam - But very good. Anyone has the real clip??

04tingconcertnicenslow0018033b.jpg

And this..

031122kbsaslovelettersunm2vrip.jpg

Jin is there anymore nice and slow perf I missed??

Guest luvashley

^ Bam, there is another one in which he performed during christmas. I will upload for u after my exam which is tomorrow.

Jin: can i have the "last vacation concert"? I would like to see his excitement:D

^ Bam, there is another one in which he performed during christmas. I will upload for u after my exam which is tomorrow.

Jin: can i have the "last vacation concert"? I would like to see his excitement:D

Perform during christmas?? :blink: .. fancam??? :blink:

BTW - "Last vacation concert" - what is that??? Anyone has the date???

Guest `soliloquy

jinlees, wanted to thank you for posting that pic of ji hoon spotted at the Seoul Olympic stadium.

Goodness, the weather looks scorching hot, perfect for a game of soccer.

He's looking fine as always, definitely!

He's still gonna sing that song with Christina right? What a collaboration.

And Bi is chartering his own plane for the World tour?

That's hot! He's huge enough to have his own plane now? Goodness, I really need to catch up with news about him!

I'd do ANYTHING to step on that plane, gawd.

Keep the pictures coming!

I love his nice and slow perf... super hot... I have like 3.. is there anymore??

KM music award.

Ting concert - unfortunately I only have the fan cam - But very good. Anyone has the real clip??

04tingconcertnicenslow0018033b.jpg

And this..

031122kbsaslovelettersunm2vrip.jpg

Jin is there anymore nice and slow perf I missed??

Bam, for "Ting" concert, this is what we have so far, no real clip yet.

there are more. I will trace down all links for you..

Perform during christmas?? :blink: .. fancam??? :blink:

BTW - "Last vacation concert" - what is that??? Anyone has the date???

for "Last vacation concert", it's the first concert bi had after "full house" shooting.

you can feel his excitement in there. Bi invited all "full house" crew watched the show,

but hearsay SHK didn't come as had schedule conflict with her CF shooting or something...

040828_JYP_last vacation concert _in August.wmv

Link: http://download.yousendit.com/6B1B5F412FAA2CD1 39.9 MB

Guest freya1507

Let It Rain

BY YASMIN LEE ARPON IN BANGKOK

ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Let It Rain

BY YASMIN LEE ARPON IN BANGKOK

ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Jung Ji-hoon, Rain to his fans, must have believed that if he can make it in New York, he’ll make it anywhere. The 23-year-old South Korean actor and singer performed at the 5,600-seat Madison Square Garden, New York, on Feb 3 and 4, which was dubbed as only a prelude to his real US debut later this year.

Rain is learning English, but is not yet confident enough to speak the language spontaneously. When I asked him at a press conference in Bangkok recently what was the next step for him after the Medison concerts, he did not need a translation although he answered in Korean.

“It feels great to be the first Asian artist to have a concert in Madison, it makes me feel very proud. I hope that this will be the start for more opportunities in the United States,?he said.

Rain’s next step, as he gears up for the US market, is to make a movie. At least two have been reported to be in the can for him: One to be directed by Old Boy’s Park Chan-wook and the other, a remark of John Woo’s A Better Tomorrow that would co-star fellow Korean Jang Dong-gun (Taegukgi/ Brotherhood) and hong Kong actor Louis Koo. These movies are meant to expand Rain’s pan-Asian appeal.

When asked what he likes more, singing or acting, he had a hard time choosing. He believes that both are vehicles in his bid of bigger stardom. He noted that before him, it was not common to be a singer and actor at the same time in south Korea. He was the first to be both.

He acknowledged that the Korean drama Full House ?where he played a spoiled, but lovable character ?provided a significant boost to his career. But he said his being a singer has made a difference and set him apart from the Won Bins and the Bae Yong-joons. During his Bangkok concerts, Rain’s spiels were scripted in English. The pressure for him to master the language is increasing as he prepares for his first all-English album.

He wants to be Asia’s ambassador of pop music to the Western world, a dream that has remained elusive for those who tried to cross over before. The plan is to strengthen Rain’s base first in Asia before conquering the US charts.

“I want to be a representative of Asia and Asian people regardless of whether they are Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, Singaporean, Filipino,?he said in an interview with CNN’s Talk Asia.

His popularity in the region grew with Full House, which has been aired in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Malaysia, Viet Nam, Thailand, Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia and Singapore. But his journey to success was not easy. He was rejected 12 times in auditions in Korea and was told to undergo cosmetic surgery to look more Western. He started out as a back-up dancer for several singers, including Park Jin-young, his manager.

Park saw a certain hunger in him. The same hunger which he says creates superstars. Part of Rain’s hunger came from losing his mother a year before he made his debut. He vowed to work hard in her honor. Park has described Rain’s lifestyle as similar to that of monks. He steers clear of vices and girls and sleeps only two hours when he is working. “Only monks, reverends and Rain live like that. That is why I think he can make it anywhere in the world,?Park said.

However, Rain is facing criticism that his music does not sound Korean, but only mimics Western songs. His style has been likened to Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake and Usher. He also has to guard against being a passing fancy in the West just because he looks and sounds different. Park explained that the reason why previous attempts of Asian singers to cross over failed was because there was no “Asian Color?in their albums. He said the songs in Rain’s forthcoming album were written by Korean songwriters to ensure that such Asian flavor will be present.

Rain himself has acknowledged that he needs to emphasis his roots if he were to become a real ambassador of Asia’s pop culture. He said an Asian artist has better chances at getting recognition in Western shores if they stick to their culture. This is why, he said, he incorporates martial arts into his dancing to add an ethnic flavor into his performance.

He is not the only one to do this, however, Taiwanese singer Jay Chou blends traditional Chinese musical instruments into his songs, and has also employed martial arts in his choreography. But Rain’s edge over Chou is he willing to learn English and is open-minded about the sacrifices one has to make to break into the US market.

“Being a singer and actor teaches me to set bigger goals and climb higher steps,?he said. That is why, even when there are other Asian countries awaiting his performance, he is working towards his goal to hit the United States because in his words, it is the “dominant?music market. “I would really like to see an Asian make it there. And I would like that Asian to be me,?He said.

Source: Asianews Magazine; March 10, 2006

Credit: janejz@Bi's Kingdom/JJHTH

thanks for the article docirene :D

aishh but i have the feeling there is again a reporter who did not do homework properly ...

New York Times who wrote about the copying us-music style had to appologize about this ..

and does german pop music sound german ??? our popstars do not yodel ...why should korean ppomusic sound diff to us-music ... popmusic is pop music all over the world ...calssic music is also the same no matter who wrote it .. german, american, japanese ????

really do not get the point why ppl do judge popmusic diff <_<

Guest kate666

KM music award.

^^ My 2nd all-time most favourite clip. :lol::lol: (The most fave clip is the perf with MC Mong and DJ Doc.)

Wow...Bi and Christina ?!!!! Hope we'll get a chance to see his Pepsi CF here.

===================================================

22Jan04 SBS Good Morning (Fortune Telling)

but bi shoot the clip in Nov 2003 after Mnet musc video festival

(important content was subbed in English)

The fortune tellor's words are amazing...half of her fortune telling got confirmed :w00t:

let's wait for bi's wife part :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhlnvkIX_k

Guest kky2k

jin: Thank you so much for the update. It's great to hear the confirmation. Can't wait to see and hear the results of this collaboration. Should be great! The fortune telling clip! So hilarious, Bi's reaction is just too cute. 60 years of good luck. Married in 2008/2009 to someone caring, polite and kind hearted. Got to wait and see. I really wish it'll come true.

060515 LG Xnote CF.wmv

Non Clubbox Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2c8815

Kim ^^