[drama 2009] Friend, Our Legend 친구, 우리들의 전설

Guest Bradamante

Guest Bradamante

A new article.

The choice of lead actress seems restricted to two names.

Source: javabeans

Auditions for “Friend” pick up steam

October 12th, 2008 // by javabeans

chingu1.jpg

It was announced a while ago that 2001’s successful film Friend, starring Jang Dong-gun and Yoo Oh-sung, is getting the television drama treatment by MBC (is this the golden age of the remake miniseries or what?). Now auditions are kicking off to fill out its lead foursome.

The two main roles are already cast — Hyun Bin and Kim Min-joon take on Jang and Yoo’s lead roles — but the other two characters are still plum opportunities for new faces or rising stars. The drama, titled Friend: The Unending Story, will be helmed by the same director behind the film, Kwak Kyung-taek, and written by Han Seung-woon (of last year’s film Love).

As director Kwak is reportedly looking for a combination of strong acting skill and a perfect Saturi accent, the drama production team is holding multiple auditions between Seoul and Busan to choose from the widest pool of possible actors, from rookies to well-known names. Kwak has narrowed down his choice for the lead female role to two well-known actresses, although the candidates’ names have not been divulged.

The drama will start filming in January 2009 and is currently planning to air next May.

Via Hankook Ilbo

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest singapore0950

Wow............ the cast not confirm yet right>?

Hmmm, for actress !? >_< !?

Song Suri or Kim's................. :rolleyes:

I am alsooiooo looking fwd Jang Dong Gun & Hyun Bin......same drama :mellow: Mission Impossible :tears:

Guest Bradamante

Wow............ the cast not confirm yet right>?

Hmmm, for actress !? >_< !?

Song Suri or Kim's................. :rolleyes:

I am alsooiooo looking fwd Jang Dong Gun & Hyun Bin......same drama :mellow: Mission Impossible :tears:

The cast must be completed.

PD Kwak Kyung-taek is selecting the actors who will act with Hyun Bin and Kim Min Joon.

The lead actress?

Perhaps, the director has already made his choice...

Park Si-yeon (Love, My Girl, La Dolce Vita).

Guest valley girl

PD Kwak Kyung-taek is selecting the actors who will act with Hyun Bin and Kim Min Joon.

The lead actress?

yeah park si yeon she can act many character

Guest Ishida21

I would like Park Si-yeon too, she's born in Busan like Hyun Bin & Kim Min-joon, so she has the "true" accent of Busan. She already played in a movie directed by Kwak Kyung-taek, A Love, and the movie take place in Busan too, she was really good in this movie, personally it's my favorite performance of her, I think she shines the most in a dark movie/drama (Kim Min-joon was in this movie too). A month ago Park Si-yeon and Kwak Kyung-taek visited the NIS together, it's maybe a sign...

Anyway, I'm confident, Kwak Kyung-taek is an awesome director, he will choose the right lead actress.

Guest yingchuchu

I would like Park Si-yeon too, she's born in Busan like Hyun Bin & Kim Min-joon, so she has the "true" accent of Busan. She already played in a movie directed by Kwak Kyung-taek, A Love, and the movie take place in Busan too, she was really good in this movie, personally it's my favorite performance of her, I think she shines the most in a dark movie/drama (Kim Min-joon was in this movie too). A month ago Park Si-yeon and Kwak Kyung-taek visited the NIS together, it's maybe a sign...

Anyway, I'm confident, Kwak Kyung-taek is an awesome director, he will choose the right lead actress.

Is Part Si-yeon the ex-girl friend of Eric Mun?

By the way, as far as I remember, Hyun Bin was not born in Busan. :unsure: I think Bin needs time to practise the Busan accent.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest singapore0950

The lead actress?

HELLO GALS.........

here is the link of an actres named Park Si-Yeon's...

born in 1979. she looked older than Hyun Bin's...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/sin.../photo12045.jpg

Guest Bradamante

HELLO GALS.........

here is the link of an actres named Park Si-Yeon's...

born in 1979. she looked older than Hyun Bin's...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/sin.../photo12045.jpg

Hi, singapore.

Thank you for the photo.

Park Si-Yeon is older than Hyun Bin (1982), but she is younger than Kim Min Joon (1976).

Three years of difference are not many.

For his act, after I had watched My Girl, I thought she was having little talent.

But then, I liked her a lot in his act on many enlightened nuances in Love and La Dolce Vita and now, I think that she would be perfect as lead actress in this drama. :)

Guest singapore0950

Hi, singapore.

Thank you for the photo.

Park Si-Yeon is older than Hyun Bin (1982), but she is younger than Kim Min Joon (1976).

For his act, after I had watched My Girl, I thought she was having little talent.

But then, I liked her a lot in his act on many enlightened nuances in Love and La Dolce Vita and now, I think that she would be perfect as lead actress in this drama. :)

you're MOST welcome. Bradamante. :rolleyes:

its sure CONFIRM. haha

Well this Yeon's, she was acted in this movie aLove. Got big different and improve.....lol

My girl serial.....soso. haha :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

Park Si-Yeon really won me over in La Dolce Vita. IF she's in this with HB and KMJ then that will be an added bonus. :D

Can. not. wait.

Guest valley girl

Hi, singapore.

Thank you for the photo.

yes me too as villain in my Girl killed her , she just debuted 3 years from 2006-2008 but she already Got many nominees and awards around. i like her since she can act as anyone . inside la dolce de lavita You have watch her in when spring comes she Act as Coplady

PSY was totally unbearable for me in MG, BUT she's proven me very wrong in everything else I've seen her in (though I have to confess nth is going to give me the urge to watch that 9tailed fox movie)

So lets not speculate more on whether she's older than whom or what, or the right cast since the casting is not confirmed yet. I just do not want to see unfair judgment (almost always on the female lead) on a performance we had yet to see.

To be honest, my stomach is a bit queasy with binnie in this role, it's almost an impossible humongous shoe to fill.... :ph34r:

Guest acemaverick

WHAT! OMG! KMJ is SOOOO old! he doesn't even Look his age!

he looks more like 28-30! he is actually 32! gosh!

sure?

erm, PSY? huh... why her. i kinda din really like her. is it confirm she'll be acting in it?

Guest singapore0950

Thank you, kdreamafanusa....

for latest....info.

Great....more and more an ACTOR joining this ^^drama^^

Now, just have to wait patience Kr. release news ^^An Actress name list ^^_^^

OMG... another HB drama in 2009. He's doing this right after WW. I'm so happy for him. Consecutive dramas. That's quite rare in Kdramas. Coz usually they take a break for like a season or a year/s before being casted again in a drama. :) Can't wait for this. HB suits the role. I can already imagine him coz I have already watched Friend movie. But I hope people won't compare the movie and the drama much, though it can't be avoided at times. Let's just focus on the drama and not the movie. :)

UWA! Suh Do Young is gonna act in this drama, too? OMG, three absolute hotties XD I'm looking forward to this drama even more! Have missed Suh Do Young since "Spring Waltz"~~ ^______^

Guest Ishida21

Seo Do-Young (Spring Waltz) is joining the cast.

One more and we know the entire cast of the four friends, if Seo Do-young is casted for join HB & KMJ's bunch of course.

erm, PSY? huh... why her. i kinda din really like her. is it confirm she'll be acting in it?

No, nothing confirmed, just suppositions since the director is "looking for a combination of strong acting skill and a perfect Saturi accent" and PSY is from Busan and had already played in A Love (from the same director of this drama) where she played a "pure Busan Girl", so..

By the way, Seo Do-young is from Busan or not? :P

Archived