[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest obeodeoreinbou

Cannot wait till all eps are out.

& for certain YJxGE parts.

I do hope they have a happy ending...

(So Eun wants them to have a happy ending too.

Haha. She wants o smooch with Kim Bum. Jk. (:

But that would be a memorable scene.

Guest Kissari

Why do they have to "persuade" the manga creator to change storylines?

I'm sure the PDs have enough creative license.

Exactly how does this "adaption" thing work in Asia? Is it different from the West? In the West, once the author gives permission for his/her work to be adapted into a movie/film, the producers can run the story however they want. Make new pairings, introduce new characters, etc. etc.

Contrary to what you believe, this is not an "Asian" thing. When the writer sells the rights to their story they can choose how much "creative license" to give the company producing it. This is all in the details of the contract. Some writers are more protective of their story than others. If you do a little research, you will find this happens in the "West" as well.

From watching the offical preview of episode 13... "Shigeru" seems so cool. Maybe she can end up with Woobin?? haha.

She does seem so cool. I think I'm going to like their version of Shigeru.

Guest doremii*

From watching the offical preview of episode 13... "Shigeru" seems so cool. Maybe she can end up with Woobin?? haha.

well in the Japanese version, Tsukasa made Soujiro and Akira go on a date with Shigeru to make her fall in love with one of them.. but she didn't like them :lol: maybe they could do something similar in this version haha I want Woobin to have a girl too lol

but yeah the Shigeru/Jaekyung character is pretty cool

I have now seen the Japanese version 1 - 9 . It is also pretty cool. Not so dramatic like the Korean version, and the male actors, except of Rui, are not so appealing too. LMH has a certain soft charisma despite his manly face. whereas his Japanese counterpart is quite harsh.

Guest sweet_maple

REQUEST:

what's the name of the instrumental song that was placed in ep. 8 (42:28ish) when ji hoo walks away from F3 and jandi in the hospital or in ep 9 (6:43ish) [same song] thanks in advance! i tried looking through the OST and the additional songs but none of them sounded like the song i wanted.

Err I think it is the instrumental at the opening of the song I'm Stupid( BEcause my head is bad- Track 2 OST-Page 1)! BY THE WAY Is it also the same piece played in the first official trailer? anyone here has the full version of this? I really love the violin sound. Million thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEyiMINmYlY

Guest Mariposa28

hello everyone

thanks for all the updates, pics and news, can't wait to watch today's episode,

i have arequest, can somone provide me the link where the updates are, caps of the episodes, and so, i can't seem to find it , the thread had grown soo much, thanks a lot for your help ^^

Guest eternitygoddess

Contrary to what you believe, this is not an "Asian" thing. When the writer sells the rights to their story they can choose how much "creative license" to give the company producing it. This is all in the details of the contract. Some writers are more protective of their story than others. If you do a little research, you will find this happens in the "West" as well.

To my understanding, once an author signs away his/her rights to a studio, they have very little creative control. They have no say over casting, direction, storylines, etc. Studios can listen to their input, but have the option of completely disregarding the input.

I have now seen the Japanese version 1 - 9 . It is also pretty cool. Not so dramatic like the Korean version, and the male actors, except of Rui, are not so appealing too. LMH has a certain soft charisma despite his manly face. whereas his Japanese counterpart is quite harsh.

agreed with you.. I have seen some parts of the japanese version too..

K-dramas are good in building up viewers' emotions, that's why their dramas are always between 16-24episodes.. whereas japanese dramas usually ends at epi 11....pace is too fast, before the viewers build up their emotions, it's ending already. That's why i always prefer to watch korean version...

LMH does looks like taiwan jerry yen........but saw him in 1 of the interview on KBS entertainment weekly and it was quite upclose, he doesn't look like jerry yen... i guess from far he does.....hehehe

Can the hairstylist let Joon Pyo changed to straight hair? he looks really good & better with it.....

P.S. i really 'hate' :sweatingbullets: myself for watching the 12episodes during the weekends....... now i'm so desperate to know the remaining episodes.... :rolleyes:

And i also like Kim Bum character in the drama...So Yi Jeong..!!! he is a cute guy in the drama!!! He likes Ga Eul but i think he is not so confident to just stay faithful to 1 gal....or rather let a gal hold him down to a relationship.. In Epi 12, when he saw Ga Eul in danger, he was so anxious...!!! :):)

Joon Pyo/JanDi & Yi Jeong/Ga Eul, Fighting!!!!! (Love these 2 couples!!!)

Isn't the fiancee suppose to be the wealthier and more refined version of Jandi? The appeal for JP's mother was to find a similar type of girl to attract JP away from JD. It almost worked except that JP had already given his heart to dry cleaners' daughter with no wealth and no refined social skills to speak of but the ability to work hard and champion the weak.

I am a little sad about the upcoming episodes but I am also very curious. I want to see how the PD changes JD's character. Will they make her weak and teary-eyed waiting for JP to reach his own conclusions or will they make her strong willed and fighting for JP? Will they let us see her studying hard for her medical school while trying to win back JP?

--

To my understanding, once an author signs away his/her rights to a studio, they have very little creative control. They have no say over casting, direction, storylines, etc. Studios can listen to their input, but have the option of completely disregarding the input.

Actually, it depends on the terms of the contract. I read that J.K. Rowliing, author of the Harry Potter series, was very involved in the movies, especially the first couple of ones. However, the studios have to maintain the essence of the book. This is not an original screenplay. Its adapted from a book. You can't change the ending of the story when millions of people have read it.

Things that are ambiguous in the book can be made clearer or expanded. For example, the PD can't change it where JP marries the fiancee. That's a huge deviation from the book. There's a certain expectation that the movie/show will follow the book. They may change slightly how things are done but the main points must remain the same.

Let's take the kidnap scene from the manga. Its primarily for revenge by a person wronged by JP. Now, I haven't read the manga but from other posters, there was nothing about the mother paying Jahae in the manga to break up JP-JD. Some creative licensing here. However, the main point was retained -- revenge on JP by kidnapping JD and JP get beat up.

Guest funkypicklez

wut is this video that everyones talking about?

-.-;;;

i have no clue...

lol

nyways

i hope jihoo/hyunjoong can pull these couple episodes off...

cuz he plays a really big part...

hes the one that finally helps jp come to his senses and realize that he cant give jandi up!

btw

in meteor garden II

akira had a side story

will woobin have one?

PLEASE PD LIM!!!

>.<

--edit--

omg!

minho and goohyesun

are such good actors

i really really felt their pain...

minho...had me crying when he saw jandi and jihoo hanging out...

and he didnt even say anything

just w his eyes....

and hyesun

when she saw him flirting with other girls

i think thats what makes them such good actors...

takes bof a level higher than any other hyd

their acting

their eyes....

their eyes show all their emotions without even a word...

i love it!

Isn't the fiancee suppose to be the wealthier and more refined version of Jandi? The appeal for JP's mother was to find a similar type of girl to attract JP away from JD. It almost worked except that JP had already given his heart to dry cleaners' daughter with no wealth and no refined social skills to speak of but the ability to work hard and champion the weak.

I am a little sad about the upcoming episodes but I am also very curious. I want to see how the PD changes JD's character. Will they make her weak and teary-eyed waiting for JP to reach his own conclusions or will they make her strong willed and fighting for JP? Will they let us see her studying hard for her medical school while trying to win back JP?

I think Madam Kang chose JK for financial reasons rather than her personality traits if Shinhwa is in a bad financial situation. JK is a cash infusion.

Im curious to see how JD will take all of this because i seriously hope she doesnt turn into a weeping mess for JP. She didnt for JH so im hoping she doesnt for him as well.

Guest dahheekeem

ohmygahh i don't think i can last to wait another 24 hours!!! T_T

but i have a question....i don't really know the manga or any other versions of the drama

but i happened to start this one cuz i LOVEE goo hye sun but the drama turned out to be

AMAZINGGG and so of course i'm on love with lee min ho now!!

but what's this amnesia stuff? does JUNPYO get it? and so he can't remember jandi??

can someone plz explain? xP

and one more...when did woobin take the camera??

What I never understood about the J-drama version, is that rather then Tsukashi defending her friend in the beginning... she begs for her forgiveness. Begging? Does that really deserve getting a red card from the F4? She doesn't even embarass him.

Guest shamien7

but what's this amnesia stuff? does JUNPYO get it? and so he can't remember jandi??

can someone plz explain? xP

and one more...when did woobin take the camera??

What I never understood about the J-drama version, is that rather then Tsukashi defending her friend in the beginning... she begs for her forgiveness. Begging? Does that really deserve getting a red card from the F4? She doesn't even embarass him.

dahheeKEEM,we still dont know if thats gonna happen, but theres a possibility...n we'd better brace for it... :sweatingbullets: woobin took the vid cam when he and yijung rushed to their leader in the part where jandi being taken hostage.

boraah,forgive me if im wrong...but i think tsukushi punched doumyouji rite? i think it had to do with her lunchbox...i think he broke it...didnt he? :huh: aa...i shld refresh my memory :sweatingbullets:

dahheeKEEM,we still doesnt know if thats gonna happen, but theres a possibility...n we'd better brace for it... :sweatingbullets:

boraah,forgive me if im wrong...but i think tsukushi punched doumyouji rite? i think it had to do with her lunchbox...i think he broke it...didnt he? :huh: aa...i shld refresh my memory :sweatingbullets:

That was after she got the red card... Jandi's version of the scene looked more painful. She kicked him. I would think Jandi can beat Tsukushi (J-drama) in a one in one fight.

[quote name='clauds' date='Feb 15 2009, 02:55 PM' post='12509160'

Very good speculation. The way I see it here would be my expected episode guide

SPOILER ALERT!! (TRIED CODING IT BUT DID NOT WORK...I APOLOGIZE)

ep 13/14 Junpyo ignoring JD, JH barging in to help her, JP'S Engagement

ep 15/16 JP living next door to JD , the fiancee seduction/spring spa scene, JH confessing his love, JP reconfessing his love for JD

ep 17/18 JD comes to know why JP had avoided him , JH/JP showdown , maid arc, JD decide to fight for JP

ep 19/20 YG/GE/Sara arc, JH backs off again, the fiancee backs off, Madam KANG wrecks hell on JD and family

ep 21/22 JP is cut off the money, JD breaks of with JP, rain scene, JD pinning in fishing village, Jp comes to know of his mother's manipulations and follows JD

ep 23/24 Amnesia and Love conquering all

On a different note , I feel that the manga writer put the shoe on the other foot. If JP had to fight for JD against all odds, Jd has to do the same in this part of the story. If JP saw her half naked in someone's bed, she sees the same scenerio between JP and his fiance, If JP had to stand JD's attraction to JH and her hate, Jd has to stand JP ignoring her. In all it is a balance in the effort both make for thier relationship. While JP fought alone, JD has F3 on her back.

finally, it's monday. such a hard week without BOF has past by :rolleyes:ths for yr speculation. it seems reasonable. i just think that Jd will know the reason why Jp ignore her earlier. perhaps, the secretary of Jp's mom will tell her (like J-version). i watched the preview& see that the secretary understand what Jp is suffering. he's a good man :x

moreover, if the story happened like this, it appeared that there's so little time JP& JD spend together. i wanna more romance between them :rolleyes: