[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest xoJiJixo

Around when (US time?) do new episodes get posted up online? Which site is the fastest at that?

I caught up yesterday and now I'm dying for a new episode!

Guest Brittany

Why do they have to release those pv vids? Isn't it better let viewers get more excited... like what's coming up next...??

Anyway, maybe it's just my own problem... forget it~ (:

I want to collect all good MVs or tribute of Yiseong and Jihoo...

That would be great if someone could give me couple stream links or so~ ^^

And one more. It's nothing important, I just wanna make sure something~

Off-screen talking... Is Minho way much more popular than Hyunjoong?

It seems like Junpyo's also the most favorite F4 member, doesn't it? :)

Guest baby-nguyen

i absolutly fell in love with this drama ! it's so gooooooooood, & the guys are hot.

i hopppppe it will be as good as the japanese version ! but yeah i can't wait to watch the new ep!!!

- i was watching the preview & it seems like kibum has a think for jandi friend !

i love how they reverse it cos in the japanese drama she like likes him alot and he doesn't like her more then a friend and he alwasy runs away from her !

even though i watch the japanese verison, the korean one excites me cos i wanna see how differnt & similar it is & i just love korean dramas !

And one more. It's nothing important, I just wanna make sure something~

Off-screen talking... Is Minho way much more popular than Hyunjoong?

It seems like Junpyo's also the most favorite F4 member, doesn't it? :)

to each their own personal preference but my favorite is

Lee Min Ho as Junpyo : )

The show is definitely a mix between the Japanese Version and the Taiwanese one

sometimes I forgot what version had what scenes but since the show has 24 episodes it's more likely to have alot of details like Meteor garden

& i'm glad it's long! love it!

Guest Katie3856

Hey guys.. I found these when I was lurking around another BBF forum and wanted to share these with everyone.. Sorrie if they were posted before.. hahah

BBFNecklace.jpg

BBF.jpg

Credits to: s118 @ Uwants

Ekkkk. The necklace is so pretty!! I want one for myself!

Guest jessicakth

Seriously.. what's wrong with Hyun Joong's acting??? Isnt he supposed to be eclectic and distant? Snobbish and introverted on the outside.. but inside a good person?

I think HJ hits it perfectly. He seems distant and anti-social ..which is much harder to pull off than other characteristics since there isnt much dialogue and emotional outpouring. I think he's doing a fine job.. He's not suppose to steal the show..and he's not suppose to make people secretly wish for him to get with Jandi since the main characters are Joonpyo and Jandi. I think HJ complements the story very well as JH.

Perhaps it's because even before he has a chance people are already comparing him with Rui in the Japanese and Taiwanese version...

I totally agree.. HyunJoong oppa fighting!!!! Always support him!!

I like 4 of them all. I watched the Taiwanese version, i did not like that version as much as Korean version. And i like F4 KOrean better than F4 Taiwanese (just my opinion!).

bestfriends.jpg

Anyway, F4 in BBF is totally awesome. In real life, i would love to see F4: Kim HyunJoong, JaeJoong DBSK, TOP BigBang and Micky DBSK since they are best friends in real life... I would faint away if i see 4 of them walk around to have soju drink like what they usually do after working. HyunJoong said one time that they would not bring anyone else if 4 of them are together... Wow.. their friendship is really really serious close..

Guest lovesamz

I started watching this series just because Han Chae Young was in it, then I get sucked in (like I always do) with the evolving storyline. Does Han Chae Young appear again in this series?

But anyways, what's really interesting me right now is the potential romance btw Ji Sung and Geul (don't know if I spelled it right), I might just keep watching to see how they progress, hehe.

The necklace is really nice, and its a good thing that they have their own version of it. I was hoping that they wouldn't show the necklace until that time comes, but I suppose its a marketing strategy for the product as well. Oh well.

And I got something to say too for the people who will write something about Goo Hye Sun: Enough already with the ranting. I know, you think she's too old for her age. That she's overacting too much, or that she's not the best Makino. But really, its almost the 5th episode, and would you want the PD to cast another JanDi, a new and better one? Live with it. If you're annoyed with her acting, then don't watch the show anymore, because she'll be in it until the 24th episode. If you do fastforward it and just watch the scenes of the F4 or anything without her, you'll miss a whole lot of the plot.

Same goes for Kim Hyun Joong as well. As what I've read, he's a singer, and its his first time acting. And I have seen too, in the first few episodes of his ability, that he is, a beginner. But, I do think as well that the guy is trying.

I'm an anonymous user here, and I read this thread everyday, looking for updates and reading the posts as well. And I really appreciate the users who write long reviews and summaries and thoughts about the drama. I've never known these actors (F4 and GHS) before BOF. But seeing that they are in their character and doing their best (since I have read the manga, seen the anime, Taiwanese and Japanese version), I can say that Korea's version of Hana Yori Dango is doing well.

A suggestion, if you keep complaining about the actor's overacting, looks, or ability, and really can't get over it, I suggest you go directly to the website, and there you write your rants. Well, yeah, you can write here as well, freely too, but just... go a bit easy on the actors. I suppose you can rate them AFTER the last episode. Because as far as I know, that's how it works. You rate a show or the actor after it's being shown.

Thanks for all the goodies, by way. And yeah, feel free to disagree with me. But I'm just letting out what I want to say. :)

+and saguer, I'd love to see the three necklaces as well. I'll see what I can do, because I still have to search for it. lol.

^ ooo~ GaJung makes me happy ~ can't wait to see more on them!!!!!

can someone post up translations for gajung's interaction parts? i really wanna know what

they're saying T^T

-Rebecca

Ep 5

The scene where Yi Jung is running up the stairs and looking for Ga Eul is because she tricks him into thinking she's missing or something (I don't know for sure because it's just a preview), but basically she says "Aren't you glad you came up? This is punishment for lying to me and saying Jan Di was in trouble/caused a problem and forcing me to come here." and then Yi Jung tells her that Jan Di being in trouble/causing a problem isn't a lie because her and Jun Pyo will eventually get together and cause drama and Ga Eul reacts by saying no, that can't happen which piques Yi Jung's interest and asks her what she was imagining. Ga Eul denies any dirty thoughts and says they need to go back down very abruptly because she's embarrassed.

The next scene at the buffet table has Ga Eul picking out all sorts of food and Yi Jung asking her if she's going to eat everything. He then says Jun Pyo doesn't like chubby girls but that the nightgown he packed for her in the traveling bag he prepared should do the trick and Ga Eul is hella o_O at this point because she has no idea what Yi Jung is talking about. Yi Jung says that even though Jun Pyo's into Jan Di now, he's not the type to give something that's going to happen that night. When Ga Eul asks him wth he's talking about Yi Jung says that a rejected man is weaker than a man who hasn't been rejected. The truth is finally revealed that Yi Jung mistook Ga Eul's vehement denial of anything happening between Jan Di and Jun Pyo as Ga Eul liking Jun Pyo for herself. Yi Jung then asks if Ga Eul is in love with Jan Di. Ga Eul finally reveals that Jan Di is interested in someone else and it's not Jun Pyo.

Ep 6

The scene where Ga Eul is having trouble putting sun block on her back is pretty self-explanatory because Yi Jung saunters up and asks her if she needs help and she tells him no.

And then the paddleboat scene has them arguing as usual and she asks him why he's following her and he says that her paddling by herself would be too difficult but then proceeds to tease her by saying her legs look really strong (ie big :X). Their conversation then veers to the end of the conversation at the buffet table last night and Yi Jung keeps on asking Ga Eul who this guy is that Jan Di likes and Ga Eul says that he might be her soulmate. Yi Jung laughs at this but then Ga Eul says that a playboy like him wouldn't understand. And when Yi Jung questions the existence of soulmates at all, Ga Eul says that there is definitely a soulmate and that person is the one for her. Yi Jung asks if she's met him yet, and she says no but that when she meets him she's never going to let him go. She would regret it for the rest of her life if she let him go. This totally foreshadows Yi Jung/Soujiroh's sad first love story. (which i love T_T)

Around when (US time?) do new episodes get posted up online? Which site is the fastest at that?

I caught up yesterday and now I'm dying for a new episode!

Kireta @ www.aja-aja.com does a fantastique job of putting up the links really fast. It's usually up on Megaupload by 11 am ~ 12 pm CST (so 9 am ~ 10 am PST) and it's a good 600mb - 700mb ental rip.

Guest secret_valentine

wahh the necklace sooo nice!!!

I really love Jan Di and Goo Joon Pyo!!! can't wait until jan di falls in love with him... but that is going to be a while... but

i'll keep on wiating!!!!

Guest irezumi

2mpn0k5.png

Taiwanese.....Japanese.....Korean

Oh yeah and the Taiwanese version had rings aswell.xD

mmmm I definitely prefer the Japanese and Korean necklaces over the Taiwanese one.

Ep 5

The scene where Yi Jung is running up the stairs and looking for Ga Eul is because she tricks him into thinking she's missing or something (I don't know for sure because it's just a preview), but basically she says "Aren't you glad you came up? This is punishment for lying to me and saying Jan Di was in trouble/caused a problem and forcing me to come here." and then Yi Jung tells her that Jan Di being in trouble/causing a problem isn't a lie because her and Jun Pyo will eventually get together and cause drama and Ga Eul reacts by saying no, that can't happen which piques Yi Jung's interest and asks her what she was imagining. Ga Eul denies any dirty thoughts and says they need to go back down very abruptly because she's embarrassed.

The next scene at the buffet table has Ga Eul picking out all sorts of food and Yi Jung asking her if she's going to eat everything. He then says Jun Pyo doesn't like chubby girls but that the nightgown he packed for her in the traveling bag he prepared should do the trick and Ga Eul is hella o_O at this point because she has no idea what Yi Jung is talking about. Yi Jung says that even though Jun Pyo's into Jan Di now, he's not the type to give something that's going to happen that night. When Ga Eul asks him wth he's talking about Yi Jung says that a rejected man is weaker than a man who hasn't been rejected. The truth is finally revealed that Yi Jung mistook Ga Eul's vehement denial of anything happening between Jan Di and Jun Pyo as Ga Eul liking Jun Pyo for herself. Yi Jung then asks if Ga Eul is in love with Jan Di. Ga Eul finally reveals that Jan Di is interested in someone else and it's not Jun Pyo.

Ep 6

The scene where Ga Eul is having trouble putting sun block on her back is pretty self-explanatory because Yi Jung saunters up and asks her if she needs help and she tells him no.

And then the paddleboat scene has them arguing as usual and she asks him why he's following her and he says that her paddling by herself would be too difficult but then proceeds to tease her by saying her legs look really strong (ie big :X). Their conversation then veers to the end of the conversation at the buffet table last night and Yi Jung keeps on asking Ga Eul who this guy is that Jan Di likes and Ga Eul says that he might be her soulmate. Yi Jung laughs at this but then Ga Eul says that a playboy like him wouldn't understand. And when Yi Jung questions the existence of soulmates at all, Ga Eul says that there is definitely a soulmate and that person is the one for her. Yi Jung asks if she's met him yet, and she says no but that when she meets him she's never going to let him go. She would regret it for the rest of her life if she let him go. This totally foreshadows Yi Jung/Soujiroh's sad first love story. (which i love T_T)

did you know... YOU'RE MY HERO???!!! thank you so much for doing this <333333

but seriously, i wish they would switch it up and not give yi jung such a hard time… GIVE THEM A HAPPY ENDING!

-Rebecca

did you know... YOU'RE MY HERO???!!! thank you so much for doing this <333333

but seriously, i wish they would switch it up and not give yi jung such a hard time… GIVE THEM A HAPPY ENDING!

-Rebecca

Hahaha, you're welcome. I'm totally all about the Yi Jung x Ga Eul action. I even watched that terrible faux-horror movie Death Bell because Kim Bum was in it.

Also, I know I'm beating a dead horse more than likely, but I think it's unfair for people to say an actor/actress is overacting when the drama is based on a shoujo manga. That's what the dialogue/situations/romance CALLS for -- ridiculousness.

Hana Yori Dango didn't become the most prolific shoujo manga for the past 15 years because of its realistic storytelling. The plot is completely far-fetched and if you look at it in a bad light, kind of stupid. HOWEVER, there is a reason why it's been so popular for so long and why basically 80-90% of asian romantic comedies has had some sort of influence from the manga. It's the most unoriginal original story ever.

And I love it.

oo the necklace is really pretty.

i wonder what the story behind the moon will be

since in the japanese one she got saturn from being from the "same planet" as him in the horoscope or something.

moon? because they like looking at the moon?! hahahha

i really can't wait until she falls for him...

Also, I know I'm beating a dead horse more than likely, but I think it's unfair for people to say an actor/actress is overacting when the drama is based on a shoujo manga. That's what the dialogue/situations/romance CALLS for -- ridiculousness.

Hana Yori Dango didn't become the most prolific shoujo manga for the past 15 years because of its realistic storytelling. The plot is completely far-fetched and if you look at it in a bad light, kind of stupid. HOWEVER, there is a reason why it's been so popular for so long and why basically 80-90% of asian romantic comedies has had some sort of influence from the manga. It's the most unoriginal original story ever.

And I love it.

you're right,,

at first I thought that Hye Sun's just weird,, she can't portray her character well

but then I read the manga (for just 2 days) and I absolutely agree that she portrays JD based on manga,,

:blush:

and also thanks for your explaination about preview,,,

GaJung fighting :rolleyes:

I'm in love with them....deeper....deeper

^irezumi

is the necklace from the official release??? so they will use that necklace right??