[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest eternitygoddess

While we are patiently waiting for the next episodes, I would like to ask the experts out there. I cannot for the life of me figure out Jihoo's grandfather status. I know he was an ex-President of Korea (is this correct?) He is now a humble doctor in clinic. My question is why there is no staff working for him. He is living almost in poverty. I would think an ex official of any country should have some kind of protection and staff. Also why can't the grandfather stop the Madame Kang from all her ugly deeds.

It's pretty unrealistic. In real life, no former president could ever live his/her life in complete obscurity. He'd have to have SOME protection. Even if the person himself didn't want it, the government would insist on it. It would be a matter of national pride and security if something happened to an ex-president. The U.S. instigated the ex-presidential payroll just to give ex-president Truman some allowance b/c the government found it embarrassing to have one of its presidents living in poverty.

Shinhwa is the largest conglomerate in Korea and probably has much more power than an ex-president.

Disagree. Even if Shinhwa IS the largest conglomerate, a president has a vast network of connections in addition to being a highly influential figure. JH's grandfather could certainly pull many strings if he wanted to.

Just look at how powerful the Clintons and Bushes are. If Bill Gates + Warren Buffet combined decided to go up against either of those two, they'd have a hard time. Plus, Korea's governmental system differs from the U.S.'s so any ex-Korean president would in theory, maybe even have more influence.

Guest Ayuu~

hey all..

was wondering if anyone knew the song they played in ep20.

the part when jun pyo tells jan di to rest on his chair cause its "uncomfortable"...

and the part when jun pyo and jae kyung just finished watching the movie and he goes to the wardrobe to find jan di sleeping...??

i dont remember hearing it before... or on the OST..

Guest dunlop09

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

Jihoo is Jandi's soulmate

written by: pretty@yna.co.kr

translated by: dunlop09

2009032809514531901_100038_1.jpg

Goo Hye Sun clarified the relationship between Jihoo and Jandi, “Jihoo is Jandi's soulmate. Jandi likes Jihoo as a person and a irreplaceable friend, but she doesn't love him."

In a recent interview she said, "Love can only exist if the hearts of two people feel the same way, but Jandi does not have that feeling towards Jihoo. That's why, no matter how much Jihoo has feelings for Jandi, the two can never be together.

"Of course, Jandi liked Jihoo at first. But on the way, she has cleared up her feelings for him. The reason why she is so good to Jihoo after, is because she cares for him, not because she loves him.

However, it is true that Jandi's attitude is attracting Jihoo.

At this, Goo Hye Sun said, "I know that there are bound to be people who criticize Jandi for putting up an innocent attitude between Jihoo and Junpyo, but that is because Jandi does not know Jihoo's heart. The viewers and I know his feelings, but Jandi does not know that Jihoo likes her.

But she said, "If I were to find out someone liked me, I would never show an innocent attitude. I think I would have to draw a clear line in order to ensure that I don't hurt him."

Guest F4fan

hey all..

was wondering if anyone knew the song they played in ep20.

the part when jun pyo tells jan di to rest on his chair cause its "uncomfortable"...

and the part when jun pyo and jae kyung just finished watching the movie and he goes to the wardrobe to find jan di sleeping...??

i dont remember hearing it before... or on the OST..

Its Fight the Bad Feeling by T-Max and its a song off the BoF OST 2.5. Look on page 1 to see if there is a link for downloading. If not, youtube it.

---

Korean Ex-Presidents

If JH's Grandfather would rather have most of his pension from being the President go into the Foundation and the clinic while he lives humbly, the citizens don't have to give him more.

And, for U.S. purposes, Clinton is the last president to get life-time full Secret Service protection. Bush only gets 10 years of Secret Service protection. So, a former Korean President might not have any protection around him after so much time has passed.

I think you are wrong about Warren Buffet's pull. He has lots of pull. When he sent out his annual letter to shareholders, it made news because he was pessimistic about the economy. For a day or two, that's all of what the media covered. If and when Buffet talks about the economy or business, people listen. Now, if he was talking about stem-cell research, of course, he won't have much sway with the public.

In BOF, Shinhwa is in some ways the backbone of the Korean economy, what happens to it could have a ripple effect for other business sectors. So, the government, while might listen to the former president, will most likely not do anything to hurt Shinhwa. Maybe they are likely to prop it up like the US government propping up AIG because if it fails, it could mean greater damage to the economy.

poor hye sun, she still got to explain her role for jandi. i think many people mistook her role as a confusing girl which has difficulties to choose between junpyo and jihoo. Now that hye sun has clarifies her role, i hope people can be more assured of what jandi feels for junpyo. thanks for translation dunlop. I guess the storyline created for jandi role was indeed confusing for hye sun as well.

Guest dunlop09

poor hye sun, she still got to explain her role for jandi. i think many people mistook her role as a confusing girl which has difficulties to choose between junpyo and jihoo. Now that hye sun has clarifies her role, i hope people can be more assured of what jandi feels for junpyo. thanks for translation dunlop. I guess the storyline created for jandi role was indeed confusing for hye sun as well.

Yea, I think both JD and JP only have their eyes set on one person. When JD liked JH, she never considered JP. But now that she likes JP she only thinks of JH as a friend. And JP never loved anyone other than JD

Guest rainbow9

Not to be rude to JH/JD shippers, but yeahhhh! It will be a JP and JD ending. I just don't know how happy of an ending it will be. PD and scriptwriter, you better make it up to all Jundi/Joondi(MinSun) shippers and other BOF fans who have dedicated ourselves, suffering through so much angst to finally see JP and JD come full circle in their love. If you can do that, I will forgive you and ms scriptwriter!!

Guest doremii*

Jihoo is Jandi's soulmate

sometimes I find it hard to believe that JD doesn't realize that JH likes her. I mean yes he hasn't admitted it to her yet, but any sensible person would realize it. The large number of JH-JD scenes don't help either.. it's like how does she not see it? :mellow: The scriptwriter should've thought that through more.

Guest F4fan

Maybe JD can't see it because she is too wrapped up in her and JP's business to notice JH's more than friendship feelings for her. In her mind, she sees him as a close friend and probably thinks he is being friendly back -- not thinking it could be more. Every time, JH wants to express his feelings, she either cuts him off, falls asleep, or he gets interrupted by waterfalls. LOL!

And what she can see is the much needed rebuilding of a relationship between Grandfather and JH.

EDIT: I am excited for the release of the long preview for Episode 24. Hopefully it comes out in the next several hours. Not sure if they would release the long preview of Episode 25. Then, hopefully, we get the short Episode 24 preview sometime in the next 48 hours.

Guest lane013

i can totally see how she doesn't know that jihoo liked her. IF you think about, he's always been caring towards her even when he still liked his first love. SHe probably thinks he just cares for her as a friend, like how she cares for him like a friend/brother.

sometimes I find it hard to believe that JD doesn't realize that JH likes her. I mean yes he hasn't admitted it to her yet, but any sensible person would realize it. The large number of JH-JD scenes don't help either.. it's like how does she not see it? :mellow: The scriptwriter should've thought that through more.

actually you'd be surprised how blind people can be

(T_T happened to me... a guy bought me perfume from Paris and i still didn't have a clue! i was currently heavily crushing on someone else *palm face*)

also JD is in love w. JunPyo so if you factor that in, its almost impossible for her to register in her mind that someone else could possible like her

Guest etoile

so i went to nordstrom rack today and i was just browsing cause... i cant afford anything there.

and so i was digging through the racks halfheartedly and then i see this dress that looks slightly familiar.

then realization hits me. im like omg. its the hamburger dress!

the original price was like $398 or something like that and i was marked down about $125ish.

...obviously i had to try it on.

rsz_1img_47012.jpg

i sound like a huge dork but i felt like i was geum jandi for a second hahahhaahaha..

...but yeah the dress was worse in real like and looked even worse on me. props to GHS for pulling it off decently.

Guest simplyyjenii

I was just watching all the NGs again.

And something I find particularly funny is that the rest of the cast are always saying Kim Bum is the most mature for his age - yet the type of NGs he makes are always laughing ones! :lol: Its so cute!

1st NG - When JP rings the bell to make an announcement & they had multiple takes because YJ cant stop laughing.

2nd NG - In Macau, when WB asks if they remember the game they used to play & he's the first to burst out laughing.

3rd NG - In Jeju Island on the windy cliff while JP's talking, & YG's scarf blows into his face and then he cant control himself and starts laughing.

Lol, he really laughs a lot, he found it hilarious when KHJ fell cos of the wind.

And majority of the time its when JP's doing a serious scene and he interrupts him halfway like on the cliff. :lol: Feel sorry for Min Ho having to do so many retakes...HAHA

^ im guessing that you watched these during the end of some episodes? if not then im guessing youtube somewhere? lol if youtube, could you please link me the links i wanna watch it ahaha!

Guest doremii*

actually you'd be surprised how blind people can be

(T_T happened to me... a guy bought me perfume from Paris and i still didn't have a clue! i was currently heavily crushing on someone else *palm face*)

also JD is in love w. JunPyo so if you factor that in, its almost impossible for her to register in her mind that someone else could possible like her

haha true

I'm probably just thrown off by the gazillions of JH-JD scenes where JH is constantly shooting longing gazes at her.

It's like.. you'd think she'd notice it..

the hamburger dress :lol:

Guest dreampryncezz

the original price was like $398 or something like that and i was marked down about $125ish.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/dajun..._1img_47012.jpg

I CANNOT believe the BOF stylist made a character wear this dress. It's hideous! lol. I wonder who would actually dish our $125 to buy this dress?

I cannot wait for the new episodes. Though sadly, this is the less time I'll be saying this since these are the last two episodes.

Guest rainbow9

so i went to nordstrom rack today and i was just browsing cause... i cant afford anything there.

and so i was digging through the racks halfheartedly and then i see this dress that looks slightly familiar.

then realization hits me. im like omg. its the hamburger dress!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/dajun..._1img_47012.jpg

i sound like a huge dork but i felt like i was geum jandi for a second hahahhaahaha..

...but yeah the dress was worse in real like and looked even worse on me. props to GHS for pulling it off decently.

That's cute you did that. That will be a memory you can have for BOF. You have to live dangerously, right. So, you got to be Jandi for a day but you have the picture for a lifetime. Awesome. Very happy you can share that!

Guest loveartiste

even helen kellar would know Jihoo is in love with Jandi ! ! !

Jandi is just dumb dumb dumb [in wedding music theme]

LOL@ that dress, its so hideous, but i would've done the same thing. LOL!!!

Guest F4fan

No wonder you and JD didn't want to leave the dressing room... LOL! To be honest, I can't believe that its retailed at $398 and on sale for $125. What???

Oh well... one more connection to BoF.

EDIT: Well... they do say love is blind. Guess JD was blinded by her love and pain for JP to notice JH.

even helen kellar would know Jihoo is in love with Jandi ! ! !

Jandi is just dumb dumb dumb [in wedding music theme]

LOL@ that dress, its so hideous, but i would've done the same thing. LOL!!!

yes but hellen keller is not JanDi

there is a big... no HUGE difference there...

and omg the hamburger dress is still... o_O to me...

i swear i will work/dress the actors for free if i get to meet LMH or Kim Bum!