[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I'm extremely psyched for the start of this series. I got my mum addicted to the Japanese version, so she's also excited for it to begin. I am a bit worried that it will be 24 eps, dragginess can be a result and its not as if JD and JP aren't essentially doing the run-around for the entire run of the manga anyways I don't need to be tortured with that for 24 episodes.

Otherwise, I love the cast and after watching a few videos online I love Lee Min Ho's voice. It's nice and deep, plus he's tall and very good looking and while I wasn't feeling the hair at first, he really is rocking the hell out of it.

^

totally with you. looks-wise, lee min ho is how the domyouji character should look. tall and looks like he could kick some serious richard simmons. as much as i love the japanese hyd - please, matsumoto jun at 5'7 doesn't exactly cause fear in one's eyes. one of the reasons i liked jerry as the domyouji character in meteor garden, is that he definitely was menacing at times. actually, overall i liked meteor garden better, although i'm sure most people would disagree with me.

but back to lee min ho, i'm very excited to see his performance as this character. and all of F4 as well...i read that hyun joong was having a hard time saying the "mushy" lines that rui says...i hope he overcomes that! lol...

ahhh~~ why do i have to wait so long???

by the by, i'm curious as to why they haven't cast a shigeru character (domyouji's fiance) she was in both the taiwanese and japanese version...and in my opinion kind of an important character to throw another monkey wrench in makino and domyouji's happiness. i know it's only 24 episodes, but they were able to feature her in the 2nd season of hyd and both seasons only added up to 20 eps.

plus, she's a fun character. ^^

anyway, i am still excited to see how they will be handling the story...

Guest MiyuKanata09

Hi! i wanted to share a video..

its a fanmade MV of Boys Over Flowers.. and its really good..

.here

i actually request this video to Hikarisora of soompi in her thread..

and for me it really turn out so good..

Guest simply_dream

O MAN!!! group 8 is like freaking rich!!!! goong s AND NOW THIS???

ALL THOSE GUCCI HOMME AND... JUST MORE AND MORE NAMEBRANDS??

thats why i love koreans, THEIR STYLES ARE AMAZING

i just started to watch hana yuri dango cuz i actually wanted to compare the jpnese & the krn vrs...

and i rly liked the jpnese vrs so i hope the korean vrs doesnt disappoint...

actually at first when i heard about the casting i was like... WHOO? *except lovely kimhyunjoong of course*

but now that i watched the jpnese drama, the APPEARANCE of all the characters are there

all of the casting is pretty good, ESP lee minho, he makes a good domyoji

ALTHO i love kim bum and all, i just dont think he can make a good playboy

he just looks sooooo cute and adorable and huggable XD

even in those pictures he took for the drama promotion he just have this innocent smile...

but i do hope he can surprise me with his perf in the drama *cross fingers*

and THNK GOODNESS the grl playing yuki is pretty, or else i'd go crazyyy!!!

and hyunjoong... watching him in WGM make me wonder how he'll play hanazawa rui

im SOOO glad he's rui and nobody else because I LOVE RUI'S CHARACTER XP

altho i wish that he'll end up w/ his first love, i know that wont happen >.<

but will hyunjoong and han chaeyoung make a good couple???

she's hot and all but i think she looks too old for him... hmm i shall see

with the investment they put into this they prob expect a lot back like goong s

but i dont know if i shall keep my hopes up cuz goong s disappointed...

i guess that was because it's a spin-off and this is actually following the manga...

but i can alrdy tell they wrote their whole new section of the drama by filming in that island...

but anyhow cant wait =P 1 more monthhhh

Guest the-dew

f4.jpg

1st column: F4; Second column: Little F4; Third column: Junior F4

source: dcinside

Hai...

Sorry for asking this. But I'm new in this thread. And I don't know any of the casts (except Han Chae Young).

So I wanna ask, do any of you would kindly tell me which one is Tsukasa, Hanazawa Rui, Mimasaka and Nishikado based on the pic that I quote?

That would be a really big help.

Thanks in advance

Guest Dennis O'neil

O MAN!!! group 8 is like freaking rich!!!! goong s AND NOW THIS???

do you know Group 8's website, hix... i wanna find pic & information about this drama, but soompi update not really usually :tears:

in this drama, Rui & Tsukasa look cool and they do really good, but Makino looks too old for them and her act is unnatural

This is a clip about some sence in this drama, Sub Eng :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX-63BZCaD8

^ hey thanks for posting that link... I must say I wasn't really that excited with Hana Yori Dango Kversion until now... I wasn't really that impressed with the casting, at first... I can't imagine some of them pulling off those characters... I had my biases since I was already picturing some of my fave kactors/actresses to play those parts even before the it was announced that a kversion will be made... But, seeing that trailer Go Hye Sun completely turn 180degrees on me... It's the first time that I actually believe that she just might do a good job at being SanCai... Same is true for the those guys playing Dao and Lei (I'm still not familiar with their names...) I'm totally spazzing over that unofficial trailer... I just wished there were more Kim Bum though... hahaha

Gosh, with the way East of Eden is seriously sucking in its current plot direction right now, I wish Boys over FLowers will rattle the s h ! t (excuse the word) out of EoE's writers and make them come out with better script... It's really a shame that Boys over Flowers is up against a mega-series like East of Eden, but, I really hope that it will also be able to fare well in the ratings battle... If it weren't for Lee Da Hae in East of Eden, I might have just wished that Boys over Flowers would stomp through East of Eden in the ratings... In any case, I really wish that both dramas would do well... I hope I'd be able frequent this thread from now on...

Disclaimer: To EoE fans, the bashing was not intended... It's just that I can't help that my frustration over the last episode (30) slipped out, ooops...

Hai...

Sorry for asking this. But I'm new in this thread. And I don't know any of the casts (except Han Chae Young).

So I wanna ask, do any of you would kindly tell me which one is Tsukasa, Hanazawa Rui, Mimasaka and Nishikado based on the pic that I quote?

That would be a really big help.

Thanks in advance

From top to bottom: Domyoji Tsukasa , Hanazawa Rui, Nishikado Sojiro, Mimasaka Akira

------

nxrez9.jpg

Geum Jan Di aka Makino Tsukushi

a1logz.jpg

Goo Joon Pyo aka Domyoji Tsukasa

aewqhv.jpg

Yoon Ji Hoo aka Hanazawa Rui

seq4c7.jpg

So Yi Jung aka Nishikado Sojiro

2qnp8xi.jpg

Song Woo Bin aka Mimasaka Akira

28kixwn.jpg

Guest miniejungle

does anyone know when is it starting? can't wait for this... although i just finished watching HYD The Movie and still in love with it, though the story gets a bit draggy by now...

Guest sourelectric

OH AWESOME! i love the American and Macao venetian!! ( ahah out of topic but hey have a GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ASIAN BUFFET SO EFFING GOOD at the Macao one)

icant friggin wait for the drama, i think there are high hopes, and it might turn out a bit..... disappointing to some but i can't wait!! hahha i hope someone subs it fast! i would help but im not literate at korean.

Guest Chianna

Originally, I was indifferent about this pairing. But I've read really good Soujiro/Yuki fanfics which convinced me that it was a pairing I would fangirl all over if had been presented differently. When it was first announced Kim So-eun would play Ga-eul/Yuki, her character description didn't seem to differ from the original: a girl who's a bit shy; feminine and mature; gentle in appearance but strong/sturdy in spirit; her steady, careful considerations and the sincerity of her feelings for So Yi Jung/Soujiro. What surprised me was that the media describes that her way of handling her unrequited love for So Yi Jung pays off, because they up end up being returned as the two, Ga-eul and So Yi Jung, become a couple. (Now, this could be true, or this could be speculation from the media.)

And then, according to a translation from virvir111 on the article that talked about filming in New Caledonia and Waiheke Island, So Yi Jung and Ga-eul bickered and wrangled with each other throughout the trip, "foreshadowing a possible love relationship."

I don't ever remember Soujiro and Yuki bickering and wrangling in the manga. I remember him getting angry at her, which caused Yuki to become upset and cry, and then him apologizing to her afterwards. In the manga, the real purpose of the Soujiro/Yuki storyline was to 1) bring out Soujiro's past, and hence his vulnerable side, 2) to give Yuki major character development. Romance seemed beside the point; it was a red herring. And in the end, the Soujiro/Yuki storyline was very minor in the context of the manga overall. But the Japanese adaptation surprisingly extended the Soujiro/Yuki storyline, somewhat giving an actual meaning to the pairing, and it seems like the Korean adaptation will take it even further, since Kim Bum is so popular in Korea as an actor.

In any case, I'm looking forward to see how Group 8 will take the Soujiro/Yuki storyline, and whether or not they'll introduce Sara.

Snap, fanfic is what converted me to S/Y too. I have a prideful streak a mile wide so the idea of forever chasing a guy who isn't interested is a foreign concept to me. I just want to shake the character and demand to know where their dignity is. The manga is my favourite for S/Y, she falls for him tries her best but then decides to move on becasue she realises it wont be anything more. They both learn something and grow up a little after its played out. The end of the HYD movie made me want to throw things.

The only times I remember S/Y arguing is in the JDrama and that always involved either Makino or the Ts relationship. They're not an argumentative couple so I'll be interested to find out what's driving their constant bickering.

Soujiroh in the manga always came across as a playful joker (Akira too) but in both HanaDan and MG not so much, the angst factor was notched up instead, he was the less violent Tsukasa in HYD especailly in season 2. I always had the Madonna-Hoe impression of Soujiroh and his women, Sara and Yuki being the first and his numerous girlfriends being the second. There was no risk of him falling for the former so that's who he played around with, it's the Yukis of this world he runs from. I wouldn't mind the manga scenario playing out and then him falling for her, just cause I much prefer male angst to female angst :)

I could be wrong in including MG there, I'm more familiar with the manga and HanaDan.

lilcrash,

nice! OFFICIAL PICS! ooh! INTERESTED!

DARN IT! GOO HYE SUN is ATTRACTING ME! LOL!

she's pretty HOT in those clothes, especially her poses! :P

i LIKE! :P

oh, and i really don't get it why they had to follow the ORIGINAL hairstyle.

LEE MIN HO is not that good looking with that! haha! :P

i thought they would be creating another STYLE of the F4, guess not! LOL!

have to change my SIGGIE with those! LOL! :P

thanks for sharing those!

Guest sWeEteSt.eTeRNiiTy

oh me oh my..i am soo frickign excited!!!! XDDDD haha, even tho i dont really know who the actors/resses but i like the story overall. HAHA. XD yayy!

Guest manderley_angel

I'm not sure if this unseen or not... but this is another news coverage of the photoshoot --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrssQPgCq7k

I just uploaded it to youtube, because it was only from daum.

+ more interactions between F4 and Jandi

+ longer cast interviews

+ this one has a brief interview of Kim Joon (Akira/Yoobin)

credit: dcinside

^Thanks for sharing. The more clips the better XDD

So, Jan 5 is the big day!! Absolutely got that marked on the calendar... although I'm one of the fans who will be waiting for subs... have we discussed or find out who will be subbing the series?

this drams has just 25 esp, too short.. i hope it will be longer
^Not necessarily true, I'm sorry, hate to sound cliche but it's definitely more about the quality. The Japanese version showed clearly that they were able to represent the story superbly well in a mere 9eps the first time around. Even w/o the sequel I felt completely satisfied.

BTW:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2v9z0k5.jpg

^KHJ looks so pretty in this pic! XD

Guest ljphantom

Snap, fanfic is what converted me to S/Y too. I have a prideful streak a mile wide so the idea of forever chasing a guy who isn't interested is a foreign concept to me. I just want to shake the character and demand to know where their dignity is. The manga is my favourite for S/Y, she falls for him tries her best but then decides to move on becasue she realises it wont be anything more. They both learn something and grow up a little after its played out.

Word. Whenever I see females in drama clinging on to a man who's disinterested/uninterested in her instead of trying to get over him and/or find a man who'd appreciate her better, I get really, really frustrated.

The end of the HYD movie made me want to throw things.

:lol: With Soujiro running away from Yuki, who's chasing him?

The only times I remember S/Y arguing is in the JDrama and that always involved either Makino or the Ts relationship. They're not an argumentative couple so I'll be interested to find out what's driving their constant bickering.

Soujiroh in the manga always came across as a playful joker (Akira too) but in both HanaDan and MG not so much, the angst factor was notched up instead, he was the less violent Tsukasa in HYD especailly in season 2. I always had the Madonna-Hoe impression of Soujiroh and his women, Sara and Yuki being the first and his numerous girlfriends being the second. There was no risk of him falling for the former so that's who he played around with, it's the Yukis of this world he runs from. I wouldn't mind the manga scenario playing out and then him falling for her, just cause I much prefer male angst to female angst :)

I could be wrong in including MG there, I'm more familiar with the manga and HanaDan.

Yes, I'm hoping like crazy that their constant bickering will be some form of witty banter, but we'll see. I don't think you're wrong on your assessment of Soujiro in the manga vs. Soujiro in HanaDan/MG; I think you really hit right on the spot. I think belleza from dramabeans.com says my feelings on Matusoda Shota's portrayal of Soujiro best: "I really liked Soujiro in the J-drama, partially because Matsuda Shota has a fairly 'Canto' vibe about him. But this is closer to how I imagined Sojiro from the manga." This, refers to the photos of Kim Bum as Soujiro.

I'm still having trouble seeing Kim Bum as playboy extraordinaire, but I think he could make it work by bringing a different vibe to his character. The playboy who looks so sweet he would give you the world, but yet, if he does act like the sweet-cute-guy-next-door, it's only for an evening. Or he could bring the vibe of a cute schoolboy who's popular, easygoing, playful/humorous, and can give you a good, fun time -- which could parallel or serve to emphasize the level of casualness he keeps in his "relationships" with women. Kim Bum doesn't necessarily have to bring the smouldering, smexy womanizer vibe as a playboy; I never saw Soujiro in the manga along those lines anyway.

But I'll be really interested in seeing how So Yi Jung falls for Ga-eul, and how they'll manage having a relationship.

I'm not sure if this unseen or not... but this is another news coverage of the photoshoot --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrssQPgCq7k

I just uploaded it to youtube, because it was only from daum.

+ more interactions between F4 and Jandi

+ longer cast interviews

+ this one has a brief interview of Kim Joon (Akira/Yoobin)

credit: dcinside

Thanks for the video!

So it seems like Lee Min-ho was teasing Kim Bum, who's the youngest of them all at 19, to basically be a good underling to his senior (1), since Lee Min-ho is older by age. So Kim Bum laughingly responds, "If you're ordering me [to do it] since I'm the youngest...how long has it been since you've worked, hyung? How long has it been since hyung has debuted?" Lee Min-ho playfully hits Kim Bum's shoulder, forced to conceed to Kim Bum's rebuttal, makes a sound that acknowledges that he has been pwned (2); the other F4 actors laugh. The woman commentating the video asks, "Is Kim Bum sunbae (translation: senior) by acting/as an actor?" Lee Min-ho confirms it: "Yes, that's right. Bum has the most [acting] experience." (3)

*The dialogue in the following paragraph is translated by lovenlight (I bow to her supreme judgment), so please credit her for the second paragraph. Thank you.*

Gu Hye-Sun comes to join the F4, and the woman who's commentating asks, "Who's your Ee-sang-hyung (meaning ideal type-man) in this F4 member?" Gu Hye-Sun points to all of the F4 and says, "Little from everyone of F4( meaning that, she like to combine all F4 member's virtue into one man-that's her ideal man)." The boys seem impressed with her answer, all of them exclaim: "Uwaaaa (translation: wow)..." Lee Min-ho makes a comment about how well Gu Hye-Sun was able to dodge the reporter's question. Jun says that's too typical of an answer.

Notes

(1) And you can imagine what this would require, i.e. doing menial tasks

(2) It sounds like "Shhhh...", but with an accent/emphasis/crescendo

(3) By acting experience, I think they're measuring it not by quantity, but by how big their roles have been.