[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest xx-outsider-xx

Honestly... I don't think you have to worry about this having similar plotlines to Hanadan, because they're adding things to make it a little different. I heard they're gonna make Jandi an aspiring professional swimmer and Junpyo good at everything but swimming... haha... just thinking of the development of this plot makes me smile. Every version will have its good and bad points, of course, so just enjoy it... ^^

Seriously? hahah. you're right. Just thinking about the idea makes me laugh already. lol.

i generally have faith in kdramas. Except for a few cases of failed attempt at humor, i think most kdramas are pretty good at mixing humor with drama/melodrama elements in their stories. But it also depends on the actors playing the roles. Sometimes that can mess things up. Bae Du Na is an example of an actress who looks natural doing both goofy and sober acts. I think Lee Min Ho is probably gonna be okay for such acting based on his previous roles in dramas (the permed hair is still too much in my eyes. hahaha). So, if this version is a comedy to some extent (which i hope it is), then i'm expecting myself to have a good time watching it.

Guest SilentScreamerS

oh madd. im part new caledonian

never been there though but from the pics it looks nice

and damn they moved they date for the showing.

awww ):

we could've start watching it this month

some pics to share

n.jpg

h.jpg

Coolsmurf's article with the photos already posted above.

Boys Before Flowers First Overseas Filming Photos Released

The buildup towards Boys Before Flowers continued this morning with the release of production stills of the cast filming at their first overseas location, New Caledonia (earlier news of them filming in New York was false).

The main content of their filming on New Caledonia and the surroundings with it’s special summer enviroment revolved around Geum Jan Di (Goo Hye Sun) and her close friend Chu Ga Eul (Kim So Eun) who goes for a weekend getaway together with F4 at a place owned by Goo Joon Pyo’s (Lee Min Ho) family.

As the actors/actresses involved were all idol stars with an average age of 20+, many scenes of them enjoying a leisure time around New Caledonia were filmed. Notable scenes that were filmed here include Goo Joon Pyo confessing to Geum Jan Di of his love for her and also Joon Pyo witnessing an ambigious scenes between Jan Di and Yoon Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun Joong). The coupling between Chu Ga Eul and So Yi Jung (Kim Bum) also takes place here.

Kim Joon, the oldest among the F4 expressed, “We started filming not too long ago and as most of our scenes are separate from each other, there’s little interaction with others. But thanks to this overseas shoot, we can at the same time film and also enjoy a vacation which helps in building our relationships.”

The production team filmed in New Caledonia and Waiheke Island, off the coast of New Zealand for over a week before returning back to Korea for a short break. They are currently in Macau for their second overseas shoot.

Boys Before Flowers will officially take over from The World That They Live In in the Mon-Tues timeslot starting from 5th January 2009.

I can't wait for these scenes in New Caledonia :D :D

Only thing that peeves me is that the airing date got pushed back to 5th Jan <_<

Guest quantumvis

Lee Hye Young has been cast as Chairman Kang Hee Soo

Wow, I think this casting is perfect. Definitely the rich mother from MISA, and she is just sharp, unrelenting, and layered in Fashion 70's. Looking forward to this very much!

The outfits are very interesting. XD Thanks for the pictures! And although Jandi's clothes are not supposed to be designer-level, they look rather fashionable. But brown and green matches her name perfectly, doesn't it? ^^

GHS reminds me of Nam Sang Mi in the Ceci photoshoot. From some angles she looks exactly like her.

One question : Does that mean that the cast & crew will frequent both New Caledonia & Macao for the entire filming process..?

^I don't think so, when series are filmed on overseas locations, they usually do all the scenes required there in one hit (irrespective of the plot chronology) if that's what you mean. Once they leave New Caledonia, I doubt they will be back-- unless it was absolutely crucial for a particular scene.

In some ways I wish I could temporarily delete HanaDan from my memory so I can enjoy it for the first time all over again with the KDrama.

Does that make sense to anyone else or am I just rambling?

^I know exactly what you mean. It'll be hard not to keep both the Japanese & Taiwanese versions in the beck of your mind when we're watching the Korean version, if not for the simple fact of comparing how each nation's actors & actresses portray the characters.

I don't think we should shy away from comparing after we're done watching as that is inevitable but at the same time we need to watch it realising the differences in filming styles btwn all 3 countries. lol Now I'm the one rambling XPP

Scenes from the overseas location shooting.

http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2008/9...98_094206_0.jpg

^O_____o!!! lol I am checking this thread religiously & w/ each new pic I get even more tipsy XDD

I'm def getting a strong Doumyouji vibe from LMH here, I think the height def helps. He is after all the most domineering character of the four.

GHS's wardrobe is looking very adorable, too ^^ In fact, I'm digging the costume design for everyone from what we have seen so far!

Is he going to give the flower pot to her?

The title is Boys Over Flowers, I guess they have to carry flower pots around... :lol: (I am just kidding... ).

Well, since they pushed the date back to Jan., I guess I will watch it in April (till they finish airing it and the subbers finish subbing).. ahh... the pain of waiting is unbearable! (I think I will watch Jumong and Yi San to kill my spare time till April... :tears: )

Guest xx-outsider-xx

looking at the picture, LMH really stood out because of his height. haha. definitely F4 leader material. lol. and GHS looked so kawaiiiiiii~

Guest Chianna

I'm surprised that it's being pushed back to January, I didn't think World Within was getting the ratings to warrant a extension.

The pic of all six of them is so nice I keep scrolling up to look at it again :)

Is that the first pic we've seen of Yi-jung and Ga-eul? Either way I want a happy ending for Soujiroh/Yuki so badly that I'm fangirling all over it.

Guest MiyuKanata09

I want a happy ending for Soujiroh/Yuki so badly that I'm fangirling all over it.

i agree..

I wish they will end up together...

soujiroh/yuki relationship didn't get much attention in japanese and taiwanese version..

Guest tseminous

Sry and hi people :)

I thought i saw someone posted, im not sure whether its in the dramas and movies section or the korean celeb section, that some official pictures of the drama has been released..? is this news true? was wondering if this thread is the official for the drama..? because i saw some threads also have created the similiar thread and i was confused because i wanted to bookmark the thread so i could come the page whenever i want to. could someone guide me...? thanks a lot! :)

Guest Dennis O'neil

this drams has just 25 esp, too short.. i hope it will be longer

Tsukasa and Rui in this drama look cool but soujiroh and akira are not really good!!!

Guest ljphantom

Either way I want a happy ending for Soujiroh/Yuki so badly that I'm fangirling all over it.

Originally, I was indifferent about this pairing. But I've read really good Soujiro/Yuki fanfics which convinced me that it was a pairing I would fangirl all over if had been presented differently. When it was first announced Kim So-eun would play Ga-eul/Yuki, her character description didn't seem to differ from the original: a girl who's a bit shy; feminine and mature; gentle in appearance but strong/sturdy in spirit; her steady, careful considerations and the sincerity of her feelings for So Yi Jung/Soujiro. What surprised me was that the media describes that her way of handling her unrequited love for So Yi Jung pays off, because they up end up being returned as the two, Ga-eul and So Yi Jung, become a couple. (Now, this could be true, or this could be speculation from the media.)

And then, according to a translation from virvir111 on the article that talked about filming in New Caledonia and Waiheke Island, So Yi Jung and Ga-eul bickered and wrangled with each other throughout the trip, "foreshadowing a possible love relationship."

I don't ever remember Soujiro and Yuki bickering and wrangling in the manga. I remember him getting angry at her, which caused Yuki to become upset and cry, and then him apologizing to her afterwards. In the manga, the real purpose of the Soujiro/Yuki storyline was to 1) bring out Soujiro's past, and hence his vulnerable side, 2) to give Yuki major character development. Romance seemed beside the point; it was a red herring. And in the end, the Soujiro/Yuki storyline was very minor in the context of the manga overall. But the Japanese adaptation surprisingly extended the Soujiro/Yuki storyline, somewhat giving an actual meaning to the pairing, and it seems like the Korean adaptation will take it even further, since Kim Bum is so popular in Korea as an actor.

In any case, I'm looking forward to see how Group 8 will take the Soujiro/Yuki storyline, and whether or not they'll introduce Sara.

tseminous: I think this is the official thread for the drama itself. The Boys Before Flowers thread in the Korean celeb photos board are for posting photos about it. But both threads are active when it comes to updates of the drama, so bookmark whichever thread you want. :) A lot of the materials from other thread are brought over here as well, so I wouldn't worry too much.