[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest carleli

In my summary, there is a lot of things that I missed.. I didn't really have time to translate everything. So if there are particular points you want to know, I'm sure we(korean speakers) would be happy to explain to the non-korean speakers. And I realized I missed a bit of a crucial part.. It was mentioned that GHS actually had a concussion from her diving pool accident. And she still hasn't had time to receive treatment. One of the MC joked around and said,"So you must not really be in your right mind right now." :) But I just wanted to point this part out because it shows how hard they are working... even with KB and his leg, he can't rest because of the tight schedule. They should have like a week off so KB and GHS can go to the hospital and the rest of the cast can rest..

thanks for the summary... although i was laughing bacuse of some of their antics, i'm wondering what they are saying... really appreciate the summary... there's a part of the show where another member of SS501 showed a promotional pic of ghs, what were they talking about? and when they showed the kissing scene on bof, what was ghs's comments? and is the show finished already? i remember watching it a long time ago, they still have to memorize a song and sing it inside the sauna, are they going to do that? sorry for the trouble.

My take on this is that when he takes revenge, its not equal to the amount he received, but he exacts more. That why it was given as a warning to Jandi.

^ My take as well. ;) Kinda scary...xD But golli, he was hot in that scene. :P

Ohno!! Another accident?? >____________< :tears:

Is this record-breaking or what? Even though it wasn't that serious, it's still an accident. That's awful. The crazy tight schedule is scaring the heck out of me~~ i understand Time = $, but Dangerous x Dangerous = $$???? OK. :wacko:

I really hope for no more accidents to any of the cast and crew members. Thank you for sharing the news dunlop09 and may Goo Hye Sun get well :tears: .

Guest daysgoby

Thanks for the clarification, guys :) That was a gross misinterpretation of Jun Pyo's character on my part. (Never did like that scene...)

Re: news about Gu Hye Sun getting into an accident --

BOF crew needs to CHILL OUT with the schedules. I was thinking to myself the other day why we rarely get to see actual previews at the end of episodes anymore, and I realized it's because the show is literally filming the weekend before it's set to air -_- When schedules are as tight as these, somebody's going to get hurt. GHS: accident, concussion that's still not fully checked out yet; Kim Joon: accident; Kim Bum: TWO accidents, foot still healing; Kim Hyun Joong: accident. Let's hope there aren't any more...

GHS in a car accident: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=487

Fortunately they say it wasn't serious... this was when they were moving between scenes... they said she's at the hospital getting checked out. They expect it won't delay the schedule much because she doesn't seem to have any serious injuries, but still, getting into a car accident while having a concussion can't be good..

Yikes! They seriously need to get better drivers or give them some rest. This is your lead actress, for goodness sakes.

I hope they check out her concussion while making sure she didn't sustain any serious injuries. Only 4 more weeks of filming left.

Guest Bamidele

I would wait an extra week to watch BOF if it meant the cast could rest....it is ridiculous that all of them have been in car accidents no matter how minor.

Guest dunlop09

thanks for the summary... although i was laughing bacuse of some of their antics, i'm wondering what they are saying... really appreciate the summary... there's a part of the show where another member of SS501 showed a promotional pic of ghs, what were they talking about? and when they showed the kissing scene on bof, what was ghs's comments? and is the show finished already? i remember watching it a long time ago, they still have to memorize a song and sing it inside the sauna, are they going to do that? sorry for the trouble.

He pulled up the picture because he said he practiced imitating that expression! And then everyone else started trying. When they asked GHS where she got the expression, she said she looked at the manga and tried to make the faces as close as possible. Then they ask her to do some more cartoon expressions and the MCs try some as well.

About the kiss scene: GHS was talking about how hard she was trying to not be awkward, but then when the time to shoot the scene came, it was the crew that was the most awkward. They were supposed to give LMH and GHS instructions on how they want the kiss to be done, the GHS says they just wouldn't talk to them! So they had to go by what the script said. It said something like "kiss passionately". So LMH and GHS did their best, but I think it was more than what the PD wanted. He just couldn't get himself to tell them i guess. And then GHS was surprised to see that they editted the scene they worked so hard on :)

And no, this will continue next week. I think that's when they'll do the song stuff

Oh thank you. You are so sweet. I have one question about ep 3. Hi hi..so long ago but I dont really understand.

After seeing the clip of JH and Jandi under the snow, Jun Pyo was very angry and tried to kiss her. He said something like "I am not a person who pay back as much (equal) as I received" I dont understand what he means.?

Could you explain to me this?

Thanks again..

My interpretation was slightly different. While it was given as warning that he like to return whatever he recieves with added interest (hate with more hate and love with more love), he was refering to the kiss. Since he recieved a kiss from JD during CPR , he was gonna return it with interest (could mean more passionate kiss/more number of kisses). However the kiss had a violent undertone and was meant to punish her for playing around with JH. It was more like stamping his superiority or authority over her.

Guest dunlop09

Update on GHS http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

"몸 상태가 좋지 않은데다 여러 검사가 기다리고 있어 오늘 촬영은 힘들 것 같다"

"She wasn't in the best condition to begin with(her concussion and probably the flu she had), and now she has exams to go through. It seems today's shooting will be a tough one"

I don't know if the representative meant that the scenes she has to shoot are tough scenes and the accident added on top of that, or if he's saying that it'll just be tougher in general now with all the delay...

I think we'll be getting more news soon

Guest doremii*

I don't think the cast is 'cursed' lol I think all the traffic accidents happened because they have to rush to various locations to film different scenes.

About the kiss scene: GHS was talking about how hard she was trying to not be awkward, but then when the time to shoot the scene came, it was the crew that was the most awkward. They were supposed to give LMH and GHS instructions on how they want the kiss to be done, the GHS says they just wouldn't talk to them! So they had to go by what the script said. It said something like "kiss passionately". So LMH and GHS did their best, but I think it was more than what the PD wanted. He just couldn't get himself to tell them i guess. And then GHS was surprised to see that they editted the scene they worked so hard on :)

that's why the PD should tell them how he wanted the kiss to be done.. lol

edit: the ratings for the happy together episode with the BOF cast (GHS, KHJ, KJ):

2. Happy Together 해피투게더 (KBS2) - 21.2%, 22.6%

Guest ethopia

just finished epi 15...

in macau.. gosh! it broke my heart to see JP crying like that.. i literally cried!! tears flooding my eyeglasses :P...

awww and he brought the shoes with him to give to JD (that's why i thought he was in the airport) and JH gave her the

same shoes :o

back to seoul... dang another scene where i cried my eyes out.. JD reminising all the good things that happened

to her and JP in his bedroom... finally she broke down and cried... she let it all out.. the hurt from macau came pouring

out... good thing unnie was there

i'm starting to inch to JH.. he's so caring and always there for her... loved the scene at the airport... claps for JH for

a good performane.. he's defintely improving...

grrr hate hate the mom :angry: ... im so glad that guy (secretary guy) feeds JP with all JD information...

GE is sooo cute in the dress that YG gave... i do hope GE and YG ends up together.. lets not forget WB... he's

surely becoming more more charismatic when i see him.. good thing he has more exposure now...

so far so good.. its still true to the manga... just with the doctor thingie that is different (er havent read the manga ~ so

is there really a doctor/president/grandpa guy)

i will watch epi 16 tomorrow.. cant take another tear jerker moment... and besides its already wee hours in the morning

:):P got to get some good night sleep hehehhee

GHS met with a traffic accident !

Now receiving treatment/being diagnosed in hospital. Not too serious.

Happened while she was moving to another place within Seoul.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=33

what's wrong here? i've just thought that the accident stoppes cursing the cast. & now HS got one. God bless her! i'm glad that she has no serious injury. :)

Guest dunlop09

This article says that they have given up on filming today because it seems like it would be too difficult

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

But according to this article: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83 there were 2000 fans waiting at their next set. For those people, I think they are doing everything they can to keep it going. So as for now, the filming is just delayed

This article says that they have given up on filming today because it seems like it would be too difficult

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

But according to this article: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83 there were 2000 fans waiting at their next set. For those people, I think they are doing everything they can to keep it going. So as for now, the filming is just delayed

yeah, they'd better do this. GHS should rest more. & i think that if fans keep doing this, it just makes the drama delayed more & the actors have to work overnight. poor guys! :tears:

Thanks dunlop09 for the summary of Happy Together and for the GHS accident. I haven't watched Happy Together yet, but would love to know what they were talking about. So, thanks so much. The NG with KHJ pretending he was on a motorcycle was funny!! I thought it was purposely for an NG, not that the motorcycle broke down and he can't ride it. Oh my!!! GHS is in another accident!! Ay....honestly, I really think they should all get a rest. Just like what Bamidele said, I wouldn't mind waiting another week if it meant that they get to rest. I still want them healthy after the show ends, not withering. I still want to see the other actors in other shows. I can't believe that they air the show and film them at the same time. Do they now know that it is very stressing on everyone like that? Because of this show, everyone is in pain from accidents. Even though it may seem minor now, but who knows, it might get worse like KHJ getting minor back pains now from his accident back in like December or January. I really really hope that they would consider giving them time to rest. Please!!! :)

Thanks audu for those spoilers!! It sounds like the Taiwanese version with a mix of the Japanese version. Does that mean that JP might live beside her? I wonder if they are going to put that scene in because that scene is really funny. In regards to the swimming scene, I think I would prefer the translation of JP's saying to be 'I promised myself to not let another man save you.' rather than 'I'd rather see you drown than see another man save you.' The latter sounds so mean. That is nice to know that he loves her that much. I think jealousy took over his love for her. It sounds like 'I don't care what happens to you as long as I don't get hurt.' Well, that sounds meaner, but I can't believe he said that. Hopefully, there is something wrong with that translation and the actual part has them changing that saying a little because that really sounds mean. Wow! So, does that mean that JP learned how to swim in Macau? Because I don't think it was mentioned anywhere in the show that he was taking swimming lessons. :)

So, from the way it sounds like, the fiancee might be gone my the middle of Ep. 18 or the end of Ep. 18? Hmm...hopefully...considering there are so much things happening that I don't think that they have enough episodes to put them in. Anyways, I still can't wait for YJ's story. I love that one!! :P

On a side note, grainofrain did you mean EP. 16? Because I don't remember his making pancakes for himself in Ep. 15. I could be wrong. But the song that was played in Ep. 16 when he was making pancakes for himself is called Someday which is on the Boys Over Flowers Ost. I just don't know who sings is though. Also, the song that was played don't have the singing and I don't know where to find that. Sorry!!

Edit: Thanks dunlop09 for posting that article about the filming. I'm glad that they are giving them a day to rest. I'm sorry, but I think the fans should just try not to go to the filming places. As a result of that, there are a lot of places where they can't film and I would have loved to see it on TV. I know that the fans love them so much and want to see them film, but because of that, everyone is overworked or they would have to change the schedule for the filming which puts a lot of stress on the actors. I would love to see the filming, I can't though because I'm not there. But I mean that if I can see it and see that it might cause the actors to be overworked, I would try not to go there. Sorry again if I was offending anyone. I'm just stating my opinion.

Guest dunlop09

No rest day for our cast and crew this week http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

"원래 배우들의 컨디션을 위해 일주일에 하루는 휴식을 취했는데 구혜선의 사고로 이번 주는 일주일내내 촬영을 강행해야 한다" - "Usually we try to have one day of rest for the health of the actors. But due to the accident, we will have to shoot every day this week."

And as squeaky already said, the filming is going to resume on the 28th.. i feel bad for the cast who gets no rest and the 2000 fans that waited for the filming..

Guest Senorita_

Some summary of the show for those of you that cannot speak Korean

Thanks for the translations. I totally forgot that Kim Joon is the same age as Hye Sun, but she's only 4 months older than him. I find it funny how they call each other 'Noona' and 'Oppa' lol. So good to see Kim Joon speak out alot, I laughed at the last part where they said his old pictures looks like Mr.Bean :lol:

Spoiler

Ahh...so JK is really going to use her body to win JP -_- What JP will say to JD is really touching, so I guess JP is not afraid of swimming anymore. Well, i hope JK will play a part to mend JD and JP's relationship.