Miss Universe 2008 Is Venezuela!

Guest GoRgYnA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

russia definitely looks the best in the swim suit round. i like singapore too =) thanks for the updates and pictures!

Guest swtamy83

I LOVE Japan's national costume. It's sooo pretty.

I Like Korea's one too but it reminds me too much of the Japanese's costume two years ago.

Guest i.said.hi

I found this while searching the net.

I'm korean myself, but when I first saw Ms. Korea.. i felt a VERY PLASTIC SURGERY vibe.

BUT, i got curious to how she looked 'before' and what I found were shocking...

These are pictures right after HS. And I have to say, she looks the same.

I'm not saying she did/didn't get surgery, but I had thought that she would look completely different, but I guess not...

2001- fresh out of HS

leejisun.jpg

2002-2003 pics

ljs.jpg

ljs2.jpg

ljs3.jpg

ljs4.jpg

ljs5.jpg

2004-2005

ljs6.jpg

ljs7.jpg

I do notice some some difference in her, but she's mostly the same.. i guess.

-------------------

When I first saw her, I got this real arrogance vibe from her.

And i really thought "this year Miss Korea really sucks"

But then, seeing her in runways, fashion shows, and other events.. I'm starting to like her.

Even though she has this arrogant vibe, her pose is very.. good.

And she has an s-line too, not a pin thick asian (sorry, i don't mean to offend).

I'm actually looking forward to this year!

Guest Bethany

^^I don't think Miss Korea got any plastic surgery, but I am quite disappointed with

this year's Miss Korea when compared to last year's Miss Korea.

Miss Korea's national costume does look like Miss Japan's national costume from two years

ago, especially with the Warrior theme, but it's still pretty.

Miss USA is very pretty this year. I'm rooting for her to win.

Guest beepbeep

I wish they would stop making Vietnam make such traditional poses. In the welcome dinner photos, what is she holding? A FLOWER? Omgawd..... I think they want her to have the traditional 'dieu dang' look if you know what I mean, like those girls who are very disciplined, quiet, with a lot of etiquette kinda thing. I don't think that expresses independence at all, more like CONTROLLED.

Guest 13miracles

miss200615.jpg

Singapore & Slovenia

miss200616.jpg

Poland & Philippines

miss200618.jpg

India & Peru

miss200619.jpg

Argentina & Colombia

miss200620.jpg

Angola & Canada

miss18061.jpg

France

miss18064.jpg

Estonia

miss18063.jpg

Albania & Kosovo

miss18067.jpg

New Zealand

miss18068.jpg

USA

miss18069.jpg

Thailand

miss180612.jpg

Indonesia

miss180614.jpg

Malaysia

Guest cookie&cream<3

Miss Vietnam is the prettiest to me((:

cuz im vietnamese XDD

but i think she's reallyy PRETTYYY<3

Miss Romania too((:

Guest swtamy83

Dang, Singapore is soo cute.

There are way too many beautiful contestants this year. It's gonna be one interesting show and I can't wait to watch!!! =]

Guest swtamy83

So I found more pics....

Just helping out GoRgYnA .... =]

2593906753b8a2f00151pg4.th.jpg2593905227580530efa3yo1.th.jpg

Miss Paraguay - Miss Switzerland - Miss Nicaragua

2593906569057341a745vu7.th.jpg25939057416bf8b2340egp2.th.jpg

Ecuador - Hungary

25939062755c2d73d4ccoq8.th.jpg

Puerto Rico - Denmark

2594744676e409bb5227cw7.th.jpg

Vietnam

2594761426c7df95206asw3.th.jpg

Singapore

183351eliskabuckovavl2.th.jpg

Czech Republic's National Costume

Dang...it's HOT!

my choice would be :

Canada -> she look so stunning like those Bollywood actress

Kazakhstan

Venezuela

Ghana

oh yea the representatives from my country is bleh...sorry to say she wouldnt even make it to the next round....i always hate spore choice

Guest hotmonkey

I wish they would stop making Vietnam make such traditional poses. In the welcome dinner photos, what is she holding? A FLOWER? Omgawd..... I think they want her to have the traditional 'dieu dang' look if you know what I mean, like those girls who are very disciplined, quiet, with a lot of etiquette kinda thing. I don't think that expresses independence at all, more like CONTROLLED.

actually all the girls were given a flower :) not just miss vietnam! but I agree she should stop wearing ao dai OMG !!!!! I don;t think she can win this thing if she keeps being so traditional lol ...

and i think she looks better with her hair down !!! stop putting it up all the time :lol:

Guest -xuxu-

well actually if you ask all the vietnamese people they would be very happy that she wears aodai

representing her country esp. it's held in Vietnam too

but argree she should keep her hair down

very pretty

..Miss China looks soo ..different..

not like the first page.

Guest hotmonkey

well actually if you ask all the vietnamese people they would be very happy that she wears aodai

representing her country esp. it's held in Vietnam too

but argree she should keep her hair down

very pretty

..Miss China looks soo ..different..

not like the first page.

well wearing one ao dai is okay but she seems to keep wearing them ... and also i think with mIss universe you have to be fashionable and modern ( that's what i read from a viet news thing ) that's why riyo mori won last year!!! she was not the prettiest but from the news it said she is fashion forward!

Guest GiRlli3

^ I think you're right.. but it's not like it's her choice to wear it or not [i think]

well she's still pretty

and we know she looks gorgeous in dress [i do]

true.. Miss China looks soo different..

skinny and idk.. different

I guess what I like about Miss Vietnam is she's unique her looks

the others country all look the same the feature..

still don't like miss .korea... bad vibes man

Guest <3 Michelle

Miss Korea (Honey Lee) from last year was so much better.

Miss Korea this year sure have a really nice body but still not that pretty.

I like:

VietNam

ThaiLand

Colombia

Poland

Guest GoRgYnA

THE NEW MISS UNIVERSE CROWN UNVEILED

CAO Fine Jewelry Will Create This Year's Coveted Miss Universe Crown

85939816yx8.jpg

Friday June 20, 10:21 am ET

World Renowned Vietnamese Brand PNJ to Unveil Unique Crown for the 2008 Miss Universe Competition

NEW YORK, June 20 /PRNewswire/ -- The Miss Universe Organization announced today that CAO Fine Jewelry (a line of the renowned Phu Nhuan Jewelry (PNJ) company in Vietnam) has created the coveted 2008 Miss Universe crown. The winner of the 2008 Miss Universe Pageant, which will broadcast live on NBC July 13th from the Crown Convention Center in Nha Trang, Vietnam, will be crowned with the masterpiece which was designed by Rosalina Tran Lydster of Jewelry by Rosalina and Ms. Dang Thi Kim Lien of CAO Fine Jewelry.

The crown, valued at $120 thousand dollars, is made of 18K white and yellow gold. It is comprised of over 1,000 precious stones; including 555 white diamonds (30 carats), 375 cognac diamonds (14 carats), 10 smoky quartz crystals (20 carats) and 19 morganite gemstones (60 carats). The colors of the jewels chosen for the crown have great significance. The yellow luster of the gold represents the prosperous thriving economy in Vietnam. White, light pink and cognac are the main hues in the crown which represent inspiration and feeling.

Each piece of the crown was designed to represent an important attribute of the Miss Universe Pageant. The curves of inlaid precious stones represent the strong development and potential of each country. The image of the crane (Lac Bird) symbolizes Vietnamese spirit and culture. The image of the heart represents unified breath, rhythm and vision, which are powerful internal forces that stress faith, hope and unity.

"The Miss Universe crown is one of the most revered pieces of jewelry in the world," said Paula M. Shugart, President of the Miss Universe Organization. "We are very excited to have partnered with CAO Fine Jewelry and Jewelry by Rosalina to create this year's crown."

"The curved design creates a natural rhythm and a stable structure for the crown, symbolizing the spirit of unity. The crown combines the beauty and the character of each nation, accomplishing the goal of the pageant, which is international unity," explained designers Ms. Kim Lien and Rosalina Lydster.

Contestants from more than 80 countries will be judged in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview as they vie for the title of Miss Universe 2008 and the opportunity to wear the crown. The winner will receive a tiara by CAO Fine Jewelry valued at $30 thousand dollars.

The MISS UNIVERSE®, MISS USA® and MISS TEEN USA® Pageants are a Donald J. Trump and NBC Universal joint venture. Utilizing its nationwide grass roots infrastructure, the Miss Universe Organization is committed to increasing HIV/AIDS awareness by focusing on women's health and reproductive issues. By forging relationships with organizations committed to research and education such as the Latino Commission on AIDS, God's Love We Deliver, APICHA and Gay Men's Health Crisis, Miss Universe is armed to impact women today.

So I found more pics....

Just helping out GoRgYnA .... =]

that is sooo much appreciated like last year :)

Archived