[movie 2008] Portrait Of A Beauty 미인도 美人圖

Guest huangsy

Guest huangsy

credits to RUBIE

Any correction, please let me know. Thanks.

December 17, 2008

2008 MOVIE POSTER OF THE YEAR

189943_PG1_102.jpg

The Good, The Bad, The Weird

2008 BEST POSTER

189943_PG1_103.jpg189943_PG1_104.jpg

189943_PG1_105.jpg189943_PG1_106.jpg

Clockwise, from top: Dream, Portrait of a Beauty, Crush & Blush, Dachimawa Lee

2008 BEST DESIGN

189943_PG1_107.jpg189943_PG1_108.jpg

Dachimawa Lee

2008 BEST PHOTO

189943_PG1_109.jpg189943_PG1_110.jpg

The Chaser

2008 BEST COPY

189943_PG1_111.jpg189943_PG1_112.jpg

Crush & Blush

Source: FILM2.0

http://www.film2.co.kr/feature/feature_final.asp?mkey=189943

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest chewychild

^ i totally agree. i was not expecting it to be that good. even though i couldn't understand all the dialogue, i still found the plot very captivating. I have to say its the best korean movie i've watched so far. the best!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmh310

i just watched the movie. and it was a masterpiece despite the controversy and skin that some people would be uncomfortable with.

i hope it doesn't bug anyone. but would anyone mind leaving their thoughts on the ending? (hope replies wont spoil it for ppl chking out the movie.. maybe type in white on a white background?)

:excl: i know kang-mu is dead. kim hong-do is practically crippled and banished. woudl you say yun-jeong is dead and went to heaven? its just, theres no way she wasnt prosecuted and even if she was released, no way she'd have a steady hand to do such a nice painting in the end. but if she went to a ancient korean version of heaven, wouldnt kang-mu be there?

~thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest insignia

^

I thought she was also banished. And I don't think they crippled her arms, just tortured her legs. I thought the last scene was beautiful :)

Guest afflatus2076

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. I got interested in how the movie would tackle the same subject after watching "Painter of the Wind." The film has a lot more to offer than the highly publicized eroticism and skin, exploring love and obsession. I think it's in the same league as "Quills."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest itachi

I thought this film was good. It's neither bad nor great though... costumes were lush, scenary was awesome. i really liked kim nam gil! i thought he really played his part well.... kim min-sun was WAY TOO feminine to pass for a guy. c'mon now! no male voice? no binding of chest? pssht. can't really judge her on acting yet because i haven't seen her other works, but she did a good job. kim hong do was really surprising! (compared to the drama....)

the erotica sometimes took away from the film... i thought there was too much, it would've easily garnered an NC-17 rating here in the states.

all in all, the film's worth watching. (just not with children around mind you...)

3.8/5 for me.

Guest pruedish

I've seen this just a few days ago. I liked it. It was a good movie about sensuality. The scenes were beautifully done. I just think that the love scene was a little long.

*okay* I love the end scene too. I liked the calmness too.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a bit late, but I finally had some time to watch the movie.

I really like Painter of the Wind, so had to check out this movie.

Quite a beautiful movie, but some unnecessary sex and nudity scenes...

I kinda like this movie! Love the last scene~ Worth watching!

Also 미인도 (track 1 of the OST) is a nice song!

kim hong do was really surprising! (compared to the drama....)

LOL, totally agree...

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

i all ways wondered if the sex scenes are real. just cause i heard that the soap opera ones are. i really like Painter of the wind but this movie was just like a short version of that show. wasnt as good as i taught it was going to be, but it wasnt bad.

Archived