***Gillian Chung- Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain! Trailer is OUT***

Guest asillysaint

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not photogenic??? i beg to differ... i rarely see any bad pics of her!

she is indeed gorgeous. i've never been a fan of her singing or acting, but i can't deny that she's one of the most beautiful HK celebs of her generation.

movie looks interesting... i've seen tv series adapted from this same story/novel by Jin Young/Gum Young (aka Louis Cha), most notably the 80's version from tvb. i've always been a fan of his stories, so hopefully, this is worth watching~

Guest asillysaint

Doesn't photogenic refer to individuals who look better in photos than anything else? Well, that's not the case for Gillian because she's way prettier in person and onscreen.

What I meant by Gillian not being photogenic is: she looks better onscreen than in pictures! Of course, she's gorgeous in both photos and onscreen but I have to say, onscreen better captures her beauty. She doesn't appear as meaty, fake smile, and caught off guard in weird angles when shown onscreen, which are mostly the pictures people criticize her about. Sheesh~ :blush:

People criticize Gillian for having a fake smile in pictures but when onscreen clips are released of the same event where the photos were taken, her fake smile doesn't appear fake anymore. It's the just the bad timing and angle of how the photos were taken that makes her look a bit weird.

So that's why I say she's pretty in photos no doubt about that but she's even better onscreen; that's my version of Gillian not being photogenic.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

photogenic is supposed to mean "photographs well"

it doesn't mean they look better in pictures...it means they come out nice in pix...

anyhow, i think ah giu is the prettier one of twins, but i always found her to be a rather stiff actor...altho she is famed for having a better form in martial arts!

i wonder if her acting has improved ^^ i hope it has so i can like her even more haha

Guest asillysaint

photogenic is supposed to mean "photographs well"

it doesn't mean they look better in pictures...it means they come out nice in pix...

anyhow, i think ah giu is the prettier one of twins, but i always found her to be a rather stiff actor...altho she is famed for having a better form in martial arts!

i wonder if her acting has improved ^^ i hope it has so i can like her even more haha

The definition of photogenic-- which matches with mine.

"Basically, the term photogenic refers to a subject, usually a human, who appears physically attractive in photographs but not so attractive in real life."

Credits: http://www.answers.com/photogenic&r=67

That's why I stated, Gillian isn't photogenic because in person and onscreen, photos can never capture her true beauty.

Guest winternight

what..? she's not photogenic. nops..i think she's veryyy pretty, both on screen and pic.

i think she's the prettiest chinese pop,

she has this innocent/beautiful face

Guest asillysaint

Ooahhh!!! I want to see this! Gillian is turning into a female action star! I love that! She's much better in action films than in melodramas. I saw the TVB version and it seems that TVB had twisted it quite a bit. Does anyone have an original story posted somewhere? I want to get my facts straight before I watch this movie.

Gillian is pretty...I hope she does well in this movie. If so, and the storyline is good, then she might get a nomination for some kind of movie award. Hehe...she's a much better actress than a singer. Stick to acting Gillian. :D

I love Gillian in both the acting and singing industries. Go Gillian<3!

Guest Ladyy

I think she's very photogenic but I kind of agree with the "fake smile" part. I've always thought that. That's why I like Charlene better than her.

Guest tian`tian

I like Gillian better than Charlene. But I hate their singing as Twins. It's so...gross. I bought one of their CDs once and listened expecting something good, but it was AWFUL.

Gillian is very cute though. ^_^

Too bad Flying Fox is in Cantonese.

Guest LAELA

I don't find Gillian very stunning or photogenic. Gillian does look better moving and onscreen. She's cute and just kind of pretty in my view. Great hair in these captures, though.

Guest asillysaint

I like Gillian better than Charlene. But I hate their singing as Twins. It's so...gross. I bought one of their CDs once and listened expecting something good, but it was AWFUL.

Gillian is very cute though. ^_^

Too bad Flying Fox is in Cantonese.

Actually, this serial will be in both Canto and Mando depending on which region it's released.

Guest MiSsNaNa

wow flying fox of the snowy mountain >_> and with gillian and athena<3 =O

i haven't seen athena chu on screen in the longest time ..

hm is it just me or does that guy look old O_O lol

Guest tian`tian

Actually, this serial will be in both Canto and Mando depending on which region it's released.

Really! Nice...I'll have to try and get the Mandarin version!

Guest asillysaint

wow flying fox of the snowy mountain >_> and with gillian and athena<3 =O

i haven't seen athena chu on screen in the longest time ..

hm is it just me or does that guy look old O_O lol

Um, he just turned 28 so is that considered old lol?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rockerbabe

ah... athena... havent seen her for quite a while... but when I look at gillian's pix, kinda reminds of athena... I mean those close up photos in the first page...

Guest starbrite

:w00t: Wow, I never heard about this. Gillian is so frinkin' beautiful. :blush: I can't wait to watch this.

Archived