Does Your Face Fit The Golden Ratio?

stylistik

Guest lovejyk

I did this on another Angelina Jolie picture...... and its really shocking how well it fits her face.

angelinalipslc4.jpg

And I think I found another one! Hilary Duff! The picture was taken at a slight angle so that is why the mask is a bit off to the side.

Untitled-2-1.jpg

I don't know, I think this is like one of those fun things to do when you're bored or something... like, "Lets see if this mask fits on my face!"-kind of thing. I guess its not really something to really judging beauty with but its interesting nonetheless.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RussianButterfly

I always get 1,26.

God, I feel kind of ugly now.

damn you Golden Ratio.....

I've always been a fan of Angelina Jolie's beauty,

Now I know why, I guess.

a = Top-of-head to chin = 24cm

b = Top-of-head to pupil = 11.5cm

c = Pupil to nosetip = 4cm

d = Pupil to lip = 7cm

e = Width of nose = 3.5cm

f = Outside distance between eyes = 10.5cm

g = Width of head = 15cm

h = Hairline to pupil = 7cm

i = Nosetip to chin = 9cm

j = Lips to chin = 5.5cm

k = Length of lips = 5cm

l = Nosetip to lips = 5cm

Now, find the following ratios:

a/g = 1.6cm

b/d = 1.6cm

i/j = 1.6cm

i/c = 2.3cm

e/l = 0.7cm

f/h = 1.5cm

k/e = 1.4cm

from what I calculated...my face shape should be an oval...but gah! The rest is so confusing! I don't think I have a "perfect face" but I guess I'm normal :-) anyways... lol

edit: oh shoot, I didn't know you have to measure from the PUPIL LOL! I just measured =from the corner of my eyes to anywhere in my lips, lmao. oh well, it was fun. it's also nice to know that my face shape is symmetrical. But I don't think the face ratio really matters...people who don't fit it are still as good looking lol. no one's face is perfect...

• 9 months later...
Guest .Demy

We saw a video about this in my Sociology class and I've been dying to try this.

This is so much fun XD Haha.

I think you really need a frontal view of your face, no smiling, no faces. Just your regular relaxed face for this to work.

I think the lines also outline our features to make it look like we fit it perfectly. Your eye thinks it fits because the outlines are boxing certain features in. I also think that it's easy to make it fit your face if you do it the photoshop way. It's easy to re-size it to make it fit your face. In order to do this 'accurately' you need a special tool, and it helps measure proportions on a person's face... Yeah I have no idea what it's called but I saw it on the video. lol

My hairline, eyebrows, and lips are off.

golden-ratio-1.jpg

Guest Dolly

i think the golden ratio is, for the most part, a bunch of bs.

i mean, i can understand how it can possibly prove that someone is beautiful...

but even if someone does fit the golden ratio, they could still be ugly.

it works the other way too, if someone doesn't fit the golden ratio, they can still be beautiful.

take for instance kate moss or audrey hepburn, they probably don't fit it, but that doesn't mean anything against their looks.

i really detest how science tries to theorize everything into simple little formulas...

lol i totally didnt just spend like an hour doing this to different faces... :rolleyes:

heres mine:

DSCN2520.jpg

lawl my chin is too long, bottom lip too thick, left eye off, etc. etc.

this is fun and all but most people fit baaaasically into the ratio...thats why most people find a mate anyway.

and there are people who i consider extremely beautiful but who dont quite fit the ratio

Audrey Hepburn: chin a bit short, eyes a bit off but shes still very pretty

audreyhepburnfaceratio.jpg

Olivia Hussey: eyes waaay off but shes pretty much my favorite face ever. EVER.

oliviahusseyfaceratio.jpg

Kuroki Meisa fits pretty darn well i must say...

kurokimeisa.jpg

but the eyebrows are just bugging me...who the hell has them down there?!?!?! i think its geared more towards a caucasian face...but still it...

How are you guys getting this to work? I thought you were supposed to print the mask out and actually place it over your face (but that sounds liek way too much work)

Like how is everyone getting this to be placed over their images? I fail with Photoshop and the layers and whatever. FML

Guest Kiwi Bird

3019_72588272063_512172063_2190700_7710411_n.jpg

I tried it for the heck of it too. Some things line up but over all nothing actually fits. :(

Guest c'erine

sugarlessgirl: i totally agree. i'd sell my soul for Olivia Hussey's face

and no i don't think i'd fit the "golden ratio" i don't even want to try.

it's just one of those things that ppl come up with to make some

ppl feel more superior and make others seem substandard

kinda like eyelids and white skin ...

and where does this ratio even come from?

Guest __XOXO

^ LOL, THAT'S HILAROUS! :lol: he must be pretty freaking pretty, hahas. (whoah, weird wording, :huh: )

i tried, hahas. my eyebrows are like WAYYY TOO HIGH. do people even have eyebrows down down ? really ?

my face shape actually fit pretty well, except my chin is just a bit longer than the mask.

i realized one eyebrow goes into the centre more than the other one - time to pluck! :lol:

MY EYES FIT PREFECT. *O* so does my jawline & nose bridge. :D

but the tip of my nose fails. >:/ a bit too big. :@ the bottom of my lips align with the mask, but they look TINY compared to the mask. i always thought my lips were pretty big, :mellow:

hahas, in conclusion, my face fails. :)

Guest minwoo012

im reading a book on the golden ratio right now

its pretty interesting

thanks for sharing ^^

Guest yummy.sushii

Can someone please explain to me how to calculate the ratio ?

a = Top-of-head to chin = 18 cm

b = Top-of-head to pupil = 7 cm

c = Pupil to nosetip = 5 cm

d = Pupil to lip = 6.5 cm

e = Width of nose = 3.5 cm

f = Outside distance between eyes = 9 cm

g = Width of head = 13 cm

h = Hairline to pupil = 8 cm

i = Nosetip to chin = 6.5 cm

j = Lips to chin = 5 cm

k = Length of lips = 4 cm

l = Nosetip to lips = 2 cm

a/g = cm

b/d = cm

i/j = cm

i/c = cm

e/l = cm

f/h = cm

k/e = cm

Guest Lavendere

yummy.sushii - hmmm I think you divide the value you got for a by g (and the rest they say)

Your aim is to get a value as close to 1.61803399 as possible

I didn't have any photography software so I just used paint and microsoft word

GoldenDecagonMask.jpg

Awww it doesn't really fit *throws a tantrum* (eyebrows too high, nose too wide) :mellow: yuck I look bad anyway =P

Archived