Does Your Face Fit The Golden Ratio?

stylistik

Guest jiraffe

Poo. I guess my face isn't pleasing to look at then, haha.

Just kidding. I'm not saying I'm "pretty" or something but I don't quite agree with the structured face thing.

It was interesting though.

Oh you know why else I don't agree is because I think even though your face didn't quite fit the structure, you're still pretty. (: (not to sound creepy)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My nose, lips, chin and cheeks fit but my face is shorter than the mask and my eyes are smaller and lower than they "should" be. Symmetry is just one measure of beauty, though, and not everyone has the same idea of what beauty is.

Nobody's truly perfect though. Even Angelina Jolie's supposedly had some slight plastic surgery (nose and cheekbones).

Guest tofu plushie

My face doesn't fit at all XD My eyes don't even fit in the template, my nose is wider and my lips are higher up.

Guest Justalilodreamer

theres an official website for this which includes different ones for asian, african, and caucasian .

Guest justlovely12

i'm curious.. i wonder which template jaejoong would fit better, the female or the male? :lol: probably both.

poo i wish i had photoshop. then i could see if my face fits it

Guest papiroflexia

Here's mines:

15fm2j6.jpg

Now I know my eye brows are too high, -___-.

The template was alittle big on the sides...yeah, not attractive but whatever, I'm human & it was fun(=

Reminds me of "The Thing" in Fantastic 4

I hope people aren't taking this seriously...it's just something for fun.

I even did Yunho's for fun:

29vi452.jpg

He doesn't fit the "Golden Ratio" as much but he still looks good to me.

I tried doing Jaejoong's to see if he'd fit a women's better or men's but couldn't find a good picture. -_-

Marquardt has derived a mask -- from the golden ratio -- that he claims describes the facial proportions of the most attractive people, irrespective of sex or ethnicity. His mask is, of course, meaningless because facial proportions notably differ across continental human populations and between the sexes.

credits: click here

OLD:

Ooh, this is interesting!

Lindsay Lohan, intelligent? Whoa.

My parents say the same thing about a high forehand, I'm like I don't seem very intelligent....

I'll probably post mines when I have time(=

Kim Tae Hee, wow. ^_^

Guest cjgohan2003

well let me just say this....Angelina Jolie and Kim Tae Hee's faces fit this golden ratio. However I do not find them attractive at all. I guess most people consider them beautiful, but I think I've seen better.

Basically I believe this "golden ratio" can be used in a racial (racist) way. Just like how back then they measured skull/brain size to determine intelligence (eugenics I believe) which was really just a way to continue segregation in the US.

I remember watching a documentary (on KBS world, of all places :lol: ) of this supposed "golden ratio". While the likes of KTH and other white celebrities fit this mold, it is applicable on all ethnicities.

Guest neshpa

O _ O Hell no. Haha.

My chin is too short so that makes both my lips and nose too low. My eyes, eyebrows and forehead fit.

Guest shelbz

=S wouldnt that thing not really fit asians though? cus the nose is so narrow and most asians have flat noses :P

Guest needlepeople

=S wouldnt that thing not really fit asians though? cus the nose is so narrow and most asians have flat noses :P

Actually, I think the low eyebrows would be the biggest problem for Asians - I think the point is that Asian people with thinner noses are more attractive, but on every Asian face I've seen with the mask, the eyebrows (including KTH's) are way too low.

Guest SONGyi

im not pretty what so ever, but it fits a bit?

its off in the eyes/noes/eyebrows/etc, but face fits-maybe its because im chubby on my face?

i dont think this determines beauty though. the op & ilovejj is really gorgeous by the way more pretty than i'll ever be haha :).

this just proves that the golden ratio is false

eesnk0.jpg

Guest ANJEE<3

ehh too hard to do with the measuring thing.. i think i did mine wrong

bummer i don't have photoshop

Guest viffaye

LOL this is interesting

erm i tried mine but i didnt change the image size <_<

too lazy LOL

dnt think it fits anyway

Archived