{official Thread} Alex And Shin Ae! We Got Married!

KimWonSaDan

Same here. I wish that we could keep this thread alive too -- by posting updates about both of them in what they're doing -- Can't we?

This place here makes me feel at home, really, though it's gonna be slightly different that there's no more AlShin on WGM..

They should just FIRE the PD right now. AlShin's final episode and they get under 8 minutes of airtime?????????? Ludicrous!

I don't think the new PD is doing a good job -- I know I'm being a little biased here, but it's really unfair to AlShin! Urgh!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heavenztears

I saw Alex crying a bit in the studio... Gosh, I want to watch it so badly with English subs!!! And I hate the PD for giving Alshin such a short airtime!!

I think I'll just reminisce Alshin's memories with that never before seen picture... *sigh*

Thanks for posting those pics of them 2 pages back.

Ok. my heart is just broken when I hear that the AlShin couple is leaving. They were my favorite couple. I just really want to know why some couples (such as the Ant couple) is still on. It seems like the best and most favored couples are leaving first when it should be the opposite. That just kills the viewership ratings for the show. Who would really be worth watching after they are gone???

A void that is what i am feeling even though I have yet seen today's episode. I know I will have to be prepared with tissues when I do get a chance to watch it. :tears:

Guest muck012

i've been lurking since this thread started as well. since it is the end, i thought i might as well leave a comment. it sucks that they're leaving, but i'm guessing it would be better for them anyways. regardless, they weren't getting much exposure through the show, and with their busy schedules coming up, it would be a waste of effort to work hard a whole day, and then only get approx. 10 mins. it was fun while it lasted.

i've been lurking since this thread started as well. since it is the end, i thought i might as well leave a comment. it sucks that they're leaving, but i'm guessing it would be better for them anyways. regardless, they weren't getting much exposure through the show, and with their busy schedules coming up, it would be a waste of effort to work hard a whole day, and then only get approx. 10 mins. it was fun while it lasted.

You know what, i'll have to agree with you on this one. Imagine AlShin slogging over a 7 to 8 hr filming in a day only to be given 8 to 12 mins of airtime week in week out ever since their return to the show. I stopped moaning and griping about their short airtime and poor editing a long time ago as i simply do not see the point in doing so anymore. The way i see it - it's either AlShin have ruffled the PDs' feathers BIG TIME or they have simply outlived their usefulness on WGM, being the least popular couple on the show (before Marbi's inclusion, that is! LOL! :P ). Having said that, as a diehard AlShinner, i try to look at the bright side of things - i guess it's better to have 8 to 12 mins of AlShin on WGM every week than NO AlShin at all. LOL! ;) As difficult as it is to let them go, i believe they've made the right decision for themselves under the circumstances. After all, when it's time to go, IT'S TIME TO GO.

However, we can't say that AlShin have not benefitted from their stint on WGM no matter how short their segment has been of late. Before AlShin's participation on WGM, Alex was merely known as the male lead vocalist for Clazziquai while many of us hadn't even heard of Shinae. Now, just look at the HUGE impact WGM has on their respective careers. Without taking away Alex's talent as a singer, I can't help thinking if his first solo album would have been the success it is today if he hasn't got that kind of publicity and exposure on WGM. His VERY POPULAR rendition of "Flowerpot" as a parting gift for Shinae in Episode 8 is proof of this. As for Shinae, i'm not sure how her popularity on WGM will help to develop her acting career further but she is arguably THE top model for photo shoots in Korea today. I don't think i'll be making a sweeping statement if i were to say that WGM has somehow propelled Alex and Shinae to superstardom on home soil while gaining them the all-important INTERNATIONAL recognition that is so vital in helping them to develop their respective careers to the next level.

All in all, i'm really excited to hear that Alex 'the singer' has decided to forgo his alter ego of Alex 'the entertainer' so as to focus on developing his music career. I honestly can't wait to see what he has in store for us in the near future. For someone of his calibre, things can only get better and better and, as a diehard Alex fan, i have no doubt about this whatsoever. Alex fighting! :)B)

Same here. I wish that we could keep this thread alive too -- by posting updates about both of them in what they're doing -- Can't we?

This place here makes me feel at home, really, though it's gonna be slightly different that there's no more AlShin on WGM..

Hhmmm!!! I'm not sure if this is possible now that AlShin have an international forum that has gone into full swing. Besides, with Alex forgoing his participation in Korean variety shows, i doubt there'll be much news of him from now onwards. As for Shinae, whatever news we have of her has, often than not, been related to WGM. Never mind, there's always THE awesome 'haven' to go to for the latest updates on Alex and Shinae. AlShinners fighting! :)B)

Guest kinella

i'm gonna miss alex's loud laughter

megaboo to the PD for giving alshin such a short airtime

the new Clazziquai's single (sorry i forgot the title) is very good. check the MV on youtube, alex looks gorgeous there ^_^

Guest southwestdreamer

Hello AlShinners!

Anbiholic here...wanted to stop by and leave my regards as I am sure most Anbiholics are feeling for all of you at this time, we understand the feelings most if not all of you are having at this time. Although Anbi couple was my number 1 couple I have to say that I also had strong feelings for Alshin too and even though I swore off WGM after what I felt was a disservice to Anbi with the short airtime before they left and most of us felt was a forced leaving before they were actually ready, we came to accept it and now feel it probably most likely was for the best for them. I had to go back to continue to watch when I found out Alshin was leaving, (actually I had watched on YT from time to time because I like their naturalness anyway and missed them) I for one did sit here and cried probably along with some of you Alshinners. Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that AlShin went out with the style that they have always shown...with class...I do not believe that they let the PD's force them in the way that happened with AnBi as they were the first to go, I believe they saw what happened with AnBi and refused to let that happen to them. So hats off to AlShin for exiting gracefully. I for one, do believe that Alex has strong feelings for Shinae and believe that he will try to continue some sort of a relationship after WGM. He mentioned continously how lonely it is and how he isnt lonely with Shinae. As Andy said, 7 months with Solbi to him is like 7 years, how can you forget...I believe it will be the same for Alex, he is not going to forget Shinae that easily and just go on, there will be communication between them two. Anbi couple were in shock when it was time to leave, they could not even give a direct reason for leaving, could not even answer fans as they did not even seem sure themselves as to the reason why they were leaving! AlShin couple has come forward with direct reasons and straightforward, has put fans at ease and able to let everyone go on. For that alone, I thank them. Very classy and graceful exit and care of their fans, could not ask for more from any celebrity, not very many celebrities would care to step forward and show such face to their fans as AlShin has done.

Also, thank you to AlShin Haven, those of us who are lurkers, appreciate all the hard work you have put forward to the site. I do hope that even though AlShin is gone, that you will continue to post their individual activities if possible. You never know, may one day lead to an AlShin activity.

Guest cherrie.7

southwestdreamer, thank you for your kind words and encouragement. it certainly made me feel better that a a fan from another couple understands how we feel about alshin's leave. more than that, i think it also made us alshin fans feel better about their departure. no other couple's fans can understand better than the anbiholics and for that, thanks for stopping by on behalf of anbiholics for making us feel better. let's be there for the joongbo fans when joongbo leaves next month. =]

what im really disappointed is that alshin's last ep got only 6 mins.

while anbi had got more =(

the PD definatly went too overboard... it was like what.. 6minutes?! thats too much. and its their last episode! what is the PD even thinkiing.. aish. i feel for u guys ><. im an alshin fan too. even anbi got more time.. =[. hope that we will see more alshin now hopefully =/. if its possible.

this episode totally made me speechless, could only have tears. but i loved the wall of pictures they had for the fans going up the stairs. that was beautiful. their perf was short too.. or was it cutted off...

what is the esp that they wear couple hoodies for interview ?

It was last week's episode, I think. Alex was wearing a black hoodie while Shin Ae was wearing a grey one.

Guest southwestdreamer

Cherrie, your welcome! I agree with you wholeheartedly that AlShin did not get enough airtime for their goodbye as AnBi did. The only reason I can give for this is did you know the response that WGM and PD's received with AnBi leaving? That website was bombarded with messages by Anbiholics International and the Ansol Club Korea and Ansol China. AnBi was treated unfairly for weeks prior before leaving with less airtime during each show. Not to mention but their way of leaving was horrible, PD's had them basically having to say "I don't love you" as a reason for going, while the other couples was "I love you" to stay. AlShin was able to choose their own way to leave and it was with class and grace, even though they may not have had very much airtime, they were able to leave behind wonderful feelings along with the sadness of their leaving. Anbi's departure left behind bittersweet memories and I have to say...for those of us who traveled the full 7 to 8 months who obsessed over this couple, some pain, not really understanding the real reason, if it was for to further their careers or to be together. A direct reason has never really been told. Alshin couple we understand about Shinae and we understand about Alex's health. So we have had time to adjust and they had to time to inform us and give a goodbye. I can understand why AlShinners would want to have longer airtime for AlShin's last night.

Hopefully, this can be of some condolences to some AlShinners out there, I am not displacing your feelings for AlShin in any shape or form, but do let me explain that if AlShin's goodbye was to be dragged out longer, instead of the warm feelings that you have in your heart at this time, you would be feeling what most of us feel at Anbiholics International feel, a heart of desolation, the not knowing, the anger at the PD's and WGM, a bittersweet goodbye in our hearts instead of a warm graceful exit that those of you get to experience with grace and class, knowing that your couple admired and were fortunate enough to be able to look upon their fans and express their love to them during their exit. Towards the end of the program Alex was tearing up. I for one was not looking for a repeat of watching what happened to our Andy, it was heartbreaking to see him cry, a man who rarely shed tears for anyone. Alex, went out holding his dignity and at the same time expressing his tears in the end without prolonging it nationwide, he did not allow the PD's to use him and Shinae for their ratings as what they did to AnBi, this is what I believe. I may be wrong, but I would like to think that is something that the gallant Alex would have done for him and Shinae. Anbi had no chance, they were put on the chopping block with their hands tied behind their back. I look at this as Alex and Shinae's way of preserving the original couples that started WGM. If you remember, when Anbi left, those original couples sat on that stage and watched their fellow couple and cried along with our couple when they left and I guarantee those original couples probably swore WTH WE ARE NOT GOING OUT OF HERE LIKE THAT! I bet that when the rest of the original couples leave, they also will follow in AlShin's footsteps, with the grace and class that they left behind for them to follow and not to follow the path that the PD dictates, but to look at their fans and what is in their own hearts.

As an Anbiholic I am proud of Anbi, for being the first, not quite knowing what to do with those emotions and basically being forced to show those emotions to all of us, but...the best thing for them was to leave WGM especially for the way they were treated in the end. Their last mission was not something pleasant for us to really remember them by, cleaning out cow dung and doing hard work, when we would have rather seen them taking care of babies, or being able to have more skinship at home. Instead we got a walk down memory lane to help boost ratings because they cut their airtime, that was the only reason for the extra airtime and then at the end we got tears and a "I don't love you" although not exactly in those words, but close enough. Basically saying to each other "I don't like you". To us, that was a smack in the face, after months of skinship and showing love.

So...to all you AlShinners out there, be HAPPY...you have had a wonderful, wonderful present from AlShin, accept it, embrace it and remember it.

I know I probably babbled on, but I really, really hope that I got my message across the way I wanted to and that I did not hurt anyone's feelings.

Dear AlShinners,

Remember the cake that was featured with AlShin at the end of the latest episode?

_005944972.jpg

TVXViDavi_005947574.jpg

The lovely Tiramisu cake was a final gift/event from members of the Cheongyeon club(AlShin supporters Daum cafe) during AlShin's final studio recording for WGM at MBC DreamCenter on November 4th.With the help and co-operation of The Twosome Place cafe,they managed to get an exact replica of the original AlShin Tiramisu cake from episode 2(and first day they met),seeing as apparently The Twosome Place now produces a different design for their most current Tiramisu cakes for sale(see this link).

cake01.jpg

The message written on the final cake, "Lovers" and "not END but AND" represents not only the hopes of fans everywhere that AlShin's "destiny" which started on WGM to be continued even after they ended doing WGM,but also to convey the feelings from fans who had the fate of meeting Alex and ShinAe through WGM and that although now AlShin has left the show,support from fans will continue to be with them no matter what they're doing. :)

cake02.jpg

You'd think that at the very least the PD could've shown the beautiful and very meaningful(and thoughtful!) inscriptions on the cake,but no..they can't even do THAT. <_<

The original "destiny" cake,from Episode 2:

_000326526.jpg

_0003265261.jpg

_0003265263.jpg

_0003265264.jpg

Nevertheless,for the fans the most important thing was to convey their messages through the cake,and for AlShin to be able the enjoy the cake and what it represents.I just thought this was too important not to share with every AlShinners here,after the way we were treated during AlShin's final episode. :tears:

And if you think that the episode was too short,yes indeed we truly were completely shortchanged. :( The fanmeet was a superbly memorable day for the lucky AlShin fans who had the opportunity to be there and so much more went on during the fanmeet with AlShin,and at our permanent AlShinners home there are more fanaccounts/translation from the event available,with more extra stuff for AlShinners to enjoy.So please don't hesitate to drop by and join us there,if you feel the need to appease your lingering hunger for all things AlShin.We'd love to see and share the love for AlShin with everybody.

Thank you Alex & ShinAe,for sharing an unforgettable 8 months with all of us.

Thanks for all the caps. Thanks to this thread that it's always active.

I've just watched the last 6 minutes (¬¬) of Alex & Shinae on we got married and i'm so sad, i've cried so much because they were so grateful to one another and to the program, even with the differences, they were still grateful.

I'm really happy I follow/ed this couple and that i'm a fan of this couple. Because they were playing themselves, they were real and they started to know the person on their side and getting him/her into their hearts. I'm pretty happy that they are friends, someone they can rely on and think of when they're sad or happy. That would be great.

So there, I hope they stay as very good friends and hang out to talk sometimes. I'm going to miss them so much. So I will have to follow them as a fan separately.

Alshin forever! =) ❤❤

I guess this is how i feel about moving house from this thread to AlShin's 'haven'. While i'm ecstatic that AlShin now have a multi-room 'haven' to call home, i can't help but feel a bit sad about leaving this thread. Like AlShin's "Richness Ville", this thread also holds a lot of sentimental and bittersweet memories for me :-

How this thread was started right after AlShin's FIRST departure from WGM;

How we all waited patiently for their return to the show;

How we started a countdown to D-day upon confirmation of their return to the show;

How some of us gave up or nearly gave up on AlShin upon their awkward reunion at Namsan park;

How we all rallied around one another for comfort and support at this trying period of our AlShin lives;

How we called ourselves 'AlShinners Anonymous' as a pun on 'Alcoholic Anonymous' as we came here for reassurance and therapy;

How we started a special AlShin project called "AlShin is Love" to show our love, dedication and support for a battered AlShin due to the bashing of their detractors;

How we cajoled and implored our fella AlShinners to rally around this project due to its initial lukewarm response;

How our fella AlShinners rose to the occasion and helped to fulfill our ambitions for this project;

How the 100th page of this thread coincided with the reconciliation of the differences between AlShin on WGM;

How this thread started to thrive due to the arrival of the newbies when AlShin lost their awkwardness on the show and became really natural with each other on it;

How the old and the new rallied around one another to embark on a marathon towards the 200th page of this thread;

How we found comfort with one another during one of Shinae's darkest moments in life;

How we moaned, griped and eventually came to terms with AlShin's impending departure from WGM;

How this thread was in danger of being closed down by the mods;

How we had to move house to a bigger and better AlShin's 'haven' to keep our love and faith in AlShin.

At the end of the day, we all have to move on to bigger and better things in life. If this is the end of the road for this thread, then so be it. For what it's worth, i will continue to linger here until AlShin leave WGM or until this thread is closed down, whichever comes first. In the meantime, i will also continue to 'stalk' the other haven for the latest AlShin news updates and goodies. After all, who can resist a bigger and better 'home' like that? LOL! :lol::w00t: Love and peace, everyone. :)B)

They should just FIRE the PD right now. AlShin's final episode and they get under 8 minutes of airtime?????????? Ludicrous!

I don't think the new PD is doing a good job -- I know I'm being a little biased here, but it's really unfair to AlShin! Urgh!

Hi everyone. I have been crying all along entering this thread again.

I have been preparing to post a long post but can't just yet.

Like Dihei, this place is way too sentimental for me. Having been a very special place for me.

I know now that we have a new place, more homey but personally I always hard to leave a place that I used to be, like Dihei.

But now chatting with Alshinner in Chatango and I feel more better.

Alshin Haven--> Lots of new stuff, latest&upadated news, lots of fanaccount translation, more members and more comfy. Though heart wrenching to leave this forum, but I will remember it till the end of my life.

Archived