[Drama 2004] I'm Sorry I Love You 미안하다 사랑한다

Guest cutiepie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest irienad

MISA is one of the best K-dramas I ever watched. It blends every element really well, from romance to family love. I don't usually like a tragic ending story, but MISA is an exception.

Guest noinimod

hi all.. i've heard so much about this drama and finally got down to dling it. I just wanna find out though, if all 16 eps were broadcast in SD as well as HD format? Cos this batch torrent i got from d-addicts only has ep1 in widescreen HDTV format, with the others all in SD 4:3 format. I've been searching high and low for any possible HD versions but to no avail. Anyone knows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest canibeahero

First, I’m terribly sorry for all that emotional spam below; I know it’s all sooo sissy-sounding, but I just can’t hold it in my head anymore) I gotta move on… Here we go)

Today’s the 4th day since I finished the last episode. I watched all this for a month, and I’m very glad I did it that long and watched alone, so I didn’t had to hold back sadness, and glad I had the time to gather thoughts about everything in between. It’s still not easy to listen “Never Ending Story” ‘cause of that sad and beautiful music. Yeah, it wasn’t so hard before the final episode. Everything was OK before it. But when you know how it all ended in fact, everything about this drama delivers a lot of truly sad and deep thoughts.

Yes, my hardest part is the scenes where Eun-Chae returns to Melbourne. Truly, what an unbearable loneliness! It’s wonderful, how the same places make you feel totally opposite… When Eun-Chae comes to where they spend the night together… You get in a stream of emotions that started right when Eun-Chae go insane of being alone from Moo-Hyuk. But the difference is… then she could find him. This stream gets to it’s full power when you realize she just won’t find him anymore and anywhere at all! Even where it all started… And you get a full wave of those emotions… Yeah, it’s that feeling I got when someone of my family died… Tears… That familiar feeling.

And that scene of Eun-Chae’s “I love you!... I love you!...”. It’s not oversaid when you know Moo-Hyuk’s crashing apart just not to be burden for Eun-Chae, trying to make Eun-Chae’s love disappear, so she could again live normal life like she never met him. She couldn’t stop loving him, even knowing he’s wanting her to forget, for her own sake. So here comes Sorry of Eun-Chae. And in the end it looks Moo-Hyuk decided that there really ARE some things in this life that are over death. Like Eun-Chae’s love to him. Like his love to her. It’s Sorry of Moo-Hyuk, for that he knows that she’ll be dead lonely without him. And what about his mother... it’s all clear. It’s all simple and normal. I just don’t get it why in life we all act like idiots only caring about sex, reputation or money.

About Moo-Hyuk & Eun-Chae. It has been said a lot in these almost 5 years; I’ve read the whole thread here up to this, so I won’t bore you praising SJS or ISJ. They’re absolutely living their characters. They look fantastic good together. Every photo when they’re together in real life is great. I don’t know would it be fine if they were been in real relationship or it’d be frustrating. But I do feel sorry seeing Im So-Jeung with other man than So Ji-Sub. Whatever you say, I’d be satisfied if they’re kind of “bro & sis” friends really. But life is always more complicated than we wish.

A couple of words about other cast. Choi Yune is no match for Moo-Hyuk. He’s truly an inexperienced spoilt mama-boy. I always laughed at him). Everything he did was childish (no wonder Kang Min-Joo reacted that way), till the moment he -truly- let Eun-Chae go, even after his -declared- wedding to come. But even when he realized all his life was wrong and talked to Moo-Hyuk that night, the last night, he was totally influenced by his older brother.

Kang Min-joo is obviously a character for contrasting and connecting. Contrasting to relationship of those Eun-Chae & Moo-Hyuk did. Connecting the plot together. But mostly I think she’s representing that average person for whom it’s all about. The one who doesn’t care much. Most of people are like this, and you know it.

Eun-Chae’s family was really funny) They’re definitely not looking any beautiful like Oh Deul-Hee’s family looks, and they’re squarreling many times, but it’s for they love each other, truly) For me, the beginning scene in episode 3 is so light and fun) From that moment I totally understood the creators of this amazing drama – before that I was very aware of that it could be “strange Korean movie”, like Oldboy)) Oh I’m so glad it turned out normal way)

Moo-Hyuk’s mother. It was obvious for anyone that she’s sort of ice-queen and everything. And till the very end we think so. Especially how she’s talked to her long-gone son then. But there’s a bomb-scene after which everything comes out. Yeah, what a scene! All the angry pain gathered in one moment and turned out to become somewhat happiness.

And don’t be angry to Eun-Chae’s father. He didn’t kill Oh Deul-Hee children. He didn’t even mean to. But he’s punished for what it has finally grown to, he really was. The thing everyone has to learn here is that all children grow up to adults someday, and how they’ll be treated etc. will return back to their parents that very day. It’s very serious stuff - though kids seem to be funny and helpless, they determine our future… Hm, remember “Together Forever” rings… As I’ve said already, everything about it is somehow sad.

Moo-Hyuk’s sister and Kal-Chi. They’re natural. Especially kid. Oh, kid, he’s the best! He relieves all that love-caused tension, even though he’s afraid about Moo-Hyuk’s future. It’s a great line of the drama for sure. Moo-Hyuk’s sister may look retarded alright, but remember the moment when she shouted Moo-Hyuk to get out of their house. I love how she looked then. She looked normal. She looked beautifully normal. Yeah, what a moment! Overall, I really adore Moo-Hyuk for caring of them (and if you had noticed, after unsuccessful moving to rich apartment, he slightly renovated that house of theirs).

What a beautiful story, no other words. Yeah, I do like that kind of Asian men philosophy – better to burn intensely in a minute like a match than rot, stinking for ages… Feel sorry for it took so many years to realize the whole meaning of… Moo-Hyuk gave me that what all those Rambos & superheroes & stuff couldn’t.

By the way, remember that “bed-scene”. Yeah, in some usual “best drama” out there most likely be a “sweet&tender” making “love” “for the last time”, and then dude’s gonna die, some time gonna pass, then she’ll have a sweet baby which she’ll name in memory of her sweet lover... “To be continued.” Happy, anyone? He died, but who cares – she’ll find another. Death packed in pink-colored sweetbox… Oh yeah, that’s what we all see these days. It’s selfish, it’s small-time, it’s perverted and profanated… And it’s going to masses, it’s considered normal. Ah, why I’m so happy of this drama that it’s not like all that crap.

Yeah, there are a lot of complex emotional moments, for sure. But in the world of standard “american dream” life-style (where money’s over everything, sex over love, career over family&friendship, etc.) I am happy it all brings me back my normal human feelings. And when you get them back you feel complete.

And the most important thing to me about this drama for the moment (really hope I’ll come to some more conclusions in time) – there’s heavy need of kind and strong people like Moo-Hyuk and Eun-Chae in this life. And it’s not somewhere out there.

This heavy need is right around you.

---

thnx for reading)

Guest Happy_Day

I just watched MISA all over again on YouTube, and it made me cry more than the first time!!!!! Poor MuHyuk's life was the most miserable it could get!

Anyway, watching this the second time made me appreciate the subtle points of the drama even more. Really recommend it. My all-time favorite drama.

• 1 month later...

I finished this drama in two days because it was a favorite of many people. Although I liked the drama, there were times where I was somewhat bored. I loved the ending!!

I know this may be a stupid question but is the drama called 'I'm Sorry I Love You' because Mu Hyuk knew that he would end up leaving Eun Chae alone in the world?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fal-chan

I had an argument with a Korean friend about this drama a few days ago and thought I'd poke through the thread to see if anyone discussed it, which they did a bit. But I'm curious- when I watched the series, I thought for sure that EC and MH shared the same father. And it just made so much sense to me- that's why EC's father sent the twins away in the first place, and why he was so closemouthed about the whole thing, since his life was on the line as much as the mother's was. And that's why he was so upset about MH being in Korea, and seeing EC- to the point where he locked her in her room and nailed the door shut. Remember that episode? But, apparently that's not the case... as a few people in this thread discussed before. So I'm curious. Who else got the same impression that I did? And does anyone else kind of plan to keep the same thought? XD I'm not likely to watch the series again, honestly. Although it's really good, it's too sad for my taste right now. Besides, I have a lot of other dramas to watch too, so I don't re-watch most things. Anyway, just curious~

I finished this drama in two days because it was a favorite of many people. Although I liked the drama, there were times where I was somewhat bored. I loved the ending!!

I know this may be a stupid question but is the drama called 'I'm Sorry I Love You' because Mu Hyuk knew that he would end up leaving Eun Chae alone in the world?

Hi Lovess, oh, you loved the ending? Me, I could say I like the story but not satisfied with the ending. I'm a sucker for a happy-ending stories. :D:lol:

Hi Lovess, oh, you loved the ending? Me, I could say I like the story but not satisfied with the ending. I'm a sucker for a happy-ending stories. :D:lol:

Hi to you too!

After watching so many dramas that ended in tragedy I guess I'm used to it now. However, I still cry a river of tears.

Guest kurodreams

i'm up to like eps 9 so far and i'm really liking how the drama's turning out :]

tho it's quite sad ToT

but i just wanted to clear something up...

mun hyuk is disguising himself as the other hyun woo w.e person trying to like min joo,

is he doing that to help get yoon with eun chae?

Guest ap van

i'm up to like eps 9 so far and i'm really liking how the drama's turning out :]

tho it's quite sad ToT

but i just wanted to clear something up...

mun hyuk is disguising himself as the other hyun woo w.e person trying to like min joo,

is he doing that to help get yoon with eun chae?

Nope, Moo-hyuk wants to get revenge by hurting Yoon, so he tries to make Min-joo fall in love with him.

Guest pratikshya93

I love this drama and want to buy a DVD. I reside in India and all my years pocket money saved(i didnt give my parents any gift other than flowers from the garden) amounts to 750 Rs. :mellow: Thats hard earned money and not actual Pocket Money! :( So anyone please tell me where can i get the DVD.

Thank You in Advance :)

Archived