OFFICIAL VIETNAMESE CELEBS/BEAUTIES

Guest bubbles20

Guest crazylush

I'm Vietnamese and to be honest, I don't find most of the singers and celebrities very attractive...the ones that have their career in the US are overly fake & baked and don't start me with the plastic surgery. For awhile I was thinking that Bich Ngoc lady that does advertisements in the beginning of PBN was giving out free surgeries to all the singers. i do think Thuy Tien is super cute and she can sing as well. And then there are all the rumors about all the male singers being gay. Which I believe may be true in a lot of cases-Lay Minh :lol:

From a personal standpoint I think a lot of the singers from the mainland Vietnam right now can't sing well either. Sure, people argue that their voices are strong and they can sing louder (too loud for me) than ones here in the states, but I'm not into girls that sound like guys or try to be Whitney Houston. I dunno, something about the Vietnamese entertainment industry....there's hope but something isn't quite right. When I do listen to vietnamese music, I like the more traditional "pre-1975" stuff, I like the older singers like y lan, and tuan ngoc. In an effort to conform to the pop industry, I think the essense of beauty of the Vietnamese language has gotten lost--I can't stand that song "con gai bay gio"...

I got off topic but just to clarify, I'm not saying vietnamese are ugly...I'm saying the normal vietnamese guy or girl you meet in every day life is often more attractive and a better representation of what is "vietnamese" than what you see in the media. Which is why im drawn to all the korean actors instead. :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rapunzel283

The only Viet celebrities I know are from Asia, Thuy Nga and Van Son :lol:

Beautiful/Hot;

+ Thanh Truc

^ Couldn't find any decent pictures of her O_O. She's gorgeous ^_____^

+ Nhu Loan

^ I loooooove Nhu Loan! Ever since 'Men Say Tinh Ai' ;)

+ Andy Quach

^ FREAKING HOTTTTTTT!!! *_*... No decent pics -_- but he's hot as in Van Son :wub:... his "Ngay Chia Tay" duet with Cat Tien *fans self*

... This is so sad that I know all of this lmao :P...

Other singers that I think are pretty and/or hot lol;

+ Tu Quyen

^ I loooove Tu Quyen! She's pretty, but not typical pretty, plus she has a great voice :D She's got 'duyen' ;)

+ Minh Tri

^ Whenever he wears a white singlet man... :wub:... which is most of the time haha! But I don't like his song choices... :ph34r:...

+ Minh Tuyet

^ Soooo pretty! I love her, Nhu Loan & Loan Chau's "Lien Khuc Hon Ghen" ^_^... don't like Loan Chau though -_____-

+ Bao Han

^ Always liked her ^________^

+ Luong Tung Quang

^ HHHHHHHHHOT! Can sing tooooo!

+ Le Tam

^ Yummmmmmmm~

+ Evan from Asia 4

^ LMAO

Guest RainFan4ever

pham ngoc thuy she pretty tall i think around 5'7 5'8...she looks mixed..... but minh tuyet is a singer she pretty average i guess...maybe around 5' ft or more ..Trish thuy trang is 5'5 so she's not that short...i like minh tuyet songs...sound good...trish is pretty talented...they r all beautiful..the 1st girl especially so mysterious....

Guest the scrapbook

who's Dang Khoi? he IS handsome haha i'm viet and i dont usually find viet artists as attractive either xD

Guest CherryBlossom

I'm Vietnamese and to be honest, I don't find most of the singers and celebrities very attractive...the ones that have their career in the US are overly fake & baked and don't start me with the plastic surgery. For awhile I was thinking that Bich Ngoc lady that does advertisements in the beginning of PBN was giving out free surgeries to all the singers. i do think Thuy Tien is super cute and she can sing as well. And then there are all the rumors about all the male singers being gay. Which I believe may be true in a lot of cases-Lay Minh :lol:

From a personal standpoint I think a lot of the singers from the mainland Vietnam right now can't sing well either. Sure, people argue that their voices are strong and they can sing louder (too loud for me) than ones here in the states, but I'm not into girls that sound like guys or try to be Whitney Houston. I dunno, something about the Vietnamese entertainment industry....there's hope but something isn't quite right. When I do listen to vietnamese music, I like the more traditional "pre-1975" stuff, I like the older singers like y lan, and tuan ngoc. In an effort to conform to the pop industry, I think the essense of beauty of the Vietnamese language has gotten lost--I can't stand that song "con gai bay gio"...

I got off topic but just to clarify, I'm not saying vietnamese are ugly...I'm saying the normal vietnamese guy or girl you meet in every day life is often more attractive and a better representation of what is "vietnamese" than what you see in the media. Which is why im drawn to all the korean actors instead. :D

EXACTLY!!!! OMG, I TOTALLY GET WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!!!!!!!

Guest yukirosaki

ngo thanh van is so not attractive in real life and she needs to see dentist/othordontic

minh tuyet should lives in video or on-stage cuz if u're her fan dont go to her live show, buy dvds, she's nothing but super short and chumpy

viet models in vn are nothing but fake and all that makeup cuz they dont make that much of money in modeling but their so-called "part-time jobs" -yen vy case is a good ie

and who said hanh phuoc or bich ngoc or whatever her name is pretty? ...she's soo ugly and scary oh my god -well u know

im so sad when i saw nhu quynh omg, she's so short and too much make up she looks nothing like in videos and trish thuy trang i like her w.o makeup, she looks like high school girl

i love y lan body, she has a nice body for a women at her age and too good for some1 w. 6 kids unless if there was any surgies

loan chan, i have to say she looks 80% like in the videos

Ky duyen really looks like a guy in real life w.o makeup

cat tien i love her teeth and her smile, i never seen her in real life so i dont know

no offense to any of the singers/celebs above fans, it just my opinons, im not talking about their talents cuz each of us has diff taste of music,and to all fans of vnese singers that live in vietnam, plz tell them to change their music or song writers and dont try to rap

dont kill me any1 plz dont! :tears:

Guest apple920

no offense to any of the singers/celebs above fans, it just my opinons, im not talking about their talents cuz each of us has diff taste of music,and to all fans of vnese singers that live in vietnam, plz tell them to change their music or song writers and dont try to rap

dont kill me any1 plz dont! :tears:

omg i totally agree with you on the whole rapping thing. i just dont' think vietnamese is a language that can pull off the rap part. true sometimes i come across that rare rare rap song that sounds really good but it's like 1 in a million. i think it's the accents-it just messes up the rap sound or something. that's why vietnamese and cantonese should stay away from it.

and my uncle once told me he saw nhu quynh in real life and he couldn't even recognize her because she looked soo plain. and he was so disappointed because he loved nhu quynh in the videos and was super excited when he could finally go to one of her shows. i guess it proves the power of make-up

and nhu loan is supposed to be pretty hot in real life.

That was.. long . haha, but I agree with you for the most part. I'm Vietnamese too and by the way I LOVE that song LOL (con gai bai gio) =P First song I ever memorized karoake singing~~ lalala haahha. I've never found any of the Viet guy singers attractive at all, oh my gosh EEEEEEEEEKkkkkkkkkkkkkk :crazy::crazy: You can find better looking ones in your local area =P Any-avocado, I wish these Viet celebrities would just stop stealing other people's music and make their own, makes me feel so ashamed for them :( I've heard so many singers sing "Khong" and all these other songs and I don't even know who the original writer was anymore. They take other cultures' music (French, Korean, English, whatever.) and translate it so it seems like they wrote it themselves.. no credit or anything . Makes me so disappointed when I think I finally hear an original song and then later I'm like wtheck!? I've heard this before! = =" I hope I didn't offend anyone.

P.S. Truc Lam / Truc Linh are reallie pretty how come I don't see them in this thread? hehe (maybe I just skimmed too fast)

Archived