[Official Thread] Victoria Song/Song Qian (宋茜)

Guest JJ.biased

wow she is so pretty... o=

I havent' really seen sm promoting her much~ hope for more promotions :D

Guest arandomasian

She looks Korean because:

1) They used the typical Korean-filter in her photos. You know, the ones that make everyone's skin 100x times lighter than it actually is. A little known fact, Koreans(like all other asians) have rather yellow skin. But you'd never be able to tell in their professional photos.

2) North-eastern China shares borders with the Korean peninsula.

Guest izakikei

she's pretty n i think boeocs she has stayed in korea for a while already

n she has been trained under SM

that y she looks more like korean not chinese to me LoL

Guest MeiHearts

^ uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Honestly I think it makes sense that she "looks" Korean. The girl is freaking gorgeous, and really fits in with the ideal pretty/cute Korean girl look. Considering that she's working under SM and IN KOREA, that should make sense? She's selling her look, so she obviously needs to appeal to a Korean audience. SM considers China one of it's most important markets, so they're probably trying to capitalize off of a Chinese girl that could easily look Korean or Chinese with a change of hair/clothes.

yeah we're all asian..

she's really pretty~

can't wait to see her works

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shinhdeplol

she's really pretty but in some scenes in SHINee's MV, she looks a bit weird :sweatingbullets:

hope to hear her sing ^^

Guest Flicksityy

She comes from the same place my Grandfather and Grandmother were from, Shandong is only a small place in China. China is large, obviously unlike Korea, they have different cultures and looks due to the mass amount of places. Chinese people are not all small eyes, yellow skin etc you know? Don't even make me get into the history of what Korea is to China.

People from different provinces in China will vary in looks, obviously, so it's no surprise that she looks 'Korean'.

Sometimes I honestly think that those who make the 'she is so pretty because she looks Korean' remarks and honestly are not Korean themselves should really get off this forum. Obviously due to the fact that those who make such remarks have lost their own culture's standard of beauty and influence, and instead consider only those with 'Korean' features to be beautiful. Drowning yourself in another culture completely and neglecting your true identity will not make you a better person. It's really sad and shameful, especially if you are personally not Korean yourself.

Guest __XOXO

i don't get how you guys can say she looks chinese or korean. there's no way to pinpoint what ethnicity a person is. she comes from a place close to korea - maybe that's one of the reasons. but whatever, since some of you aren't listening. anyways i think she's really pretty. *is jealous* i can't wait for her debut - i hope she's going solo. i love her last name - song. :lol: lalala ~ anyways, the cf was adorable. i hope she does well in the industry ~

Guest jelly_pudding

She comes from the same place my Grandfather and Grandmother were from, Shandong is only a small place in China. China is large, obviously unlike Korea, they have different cultures and looks due to the mass amount of places. Chinese people are not all small eyes, yellow skin etc you know? Don't even make me get into the history of what Korea is to China.

People from different provinces in China will vary in looks, obviously, so it's no surprise that she looks 'Korean'.

Sometimes I honestly think that those who make the 'she is so pretty because she looks Korean' remarks and honestly are not Korean themselves should really get off this forum. Obviously due to the fact that those who make such remarks have lost their own culture's standard of beauty and influence, and instead consider only those with 'Korean' features to be beautiful. Drowning yourself in another culture completely and neglecting your true identity will not make you a better person. It's really sad and shameful, especially if you are personally not Korean yourself.

"Don't even make me get into the history of what Korea is to China."

uhm..?? not all people in Korea think positive of Chinese people either.. not saying anything racist.. but just saying the truth.

edit;

so what does Victoria Song do exactly? I know she's under SM.. but is she a model? is she training to be an actress or singer? just asking because i don't really know much about her.. she is pretty though~

Guest Flicksityy

"Don't even make me get into the history of what Korea is to China."

uhm..?? not all people in Korea think positive of Chinese people either.. not saying anything racist.. but just saying the truth.

edit;

so what does Victoria Song do exactly? I know she's under SM.. but is she a model? is she training to be an actress or singer? just asking because i don't really know much about her.. she is pretty though~

I think you've mistaken my concept here, I'm talking about the share of both nation's history of ancient border trades, the mixed blood, the ancient medical knowledge, the interrelationships etc. I did not mention anything to state that the Chinese think of the Koreans negatively, how would I know when I'm not exactly Chinese myself? Sorry for not being clear, however I suggest you save your little compliment to the Chinese.

Besides her dancing skill, Victoria Song also has a fair voice. SM has a plan to let her develop her skills at every area in the near future.

God dang, will people get over it? I visit this thread to see info about Victoria, not about why she looks Korean. She's Chinese and she's gorgeous, end of story.

IA.

She's adorable in the CM. Hope to see her more in China. I suppose she'll be like the Yeonhee Lee for SM China, I guess. XDD;