[OFFICIAL] Gong Minji (공민지) Thread

Guest Rachel Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She may look young but that doesn't mean anything because this girl can sing, rap, and dance and she's not just okay at it she's Good with a capital G. If you see her doing Fergie here I come you'll be blown away.

She has a confidence and a swagger that I like can't wait for her debut.

She's young but she has talent.

preYG dance audition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2-VhWoEmU

rapping/singing to Fergie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SULGqqsjAKs

dancing to Beyonce's deja vu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcNFTIMmWc

dancing to PCD w/ CL:

whole group dancing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5tdkVvpwZc

Some of you will probably say "she's dancing too sexy for her age". Relax, it's just practicing/dancing. She's still very much a tomboy, she doesn't seem too "girly" like that.

Besides, you can't deny she has talent for dancing and rapping.

Yup, this is the kind of talent I'm waiting for. She has "oomph"! I like her already! B)

edit: Minji seems like the type who doesn't need "extremely good looks" to let her shine, you know?

I heard there might be people hating on her because she's close to GD, which is ridiculous because what's wrong with being friends with your co-workers? I'm sure it's a brother-sister thing, gosh. :lol: She seems pretty cool.

Guest SuperKyle

man, i cant wait till she debuts,

she is truly but upmost talented along with the other girls,

but dang her skills just blow me away, they cut her hair short right???

but she isnt done growing up yet though, i think

theyre pretty much just waiting for her to be a lil older to debut

and also for her body to develop a lil further, because as of now,

this girl is LEGS, i saw them and theyre long but her torso is a bit short... and there is no defined waistline...

and she's real young, considering her future image, hip hop and r&b, i can honestly say

she has the talent for it and more but she doesnt have too much of an appealing body(yet), unless someone can

prove me otherwise, cus i havent seen any updated pics of her since the beginning of the year and

its been a while so she could have developed her body further...

omg! i sound like a perv talking about her body, but i know this, the other girls have developed and have nice bodies (duh, all of them are older)

and she would end up being compared against, because you gotta admit that the industry is all about image nowadays... before it was just the face but now its everything... but am glad YG dont focus too much on that...

EDIT: say what, an anti-club just cus she wore G glasses??? tsk... who would do that? im in self denial thinking that it could not have been VIPs because theyre usually very chill and not too into the whole fandom thing...

Guest mango-iee

i like her though. she looks like those people who you would actually LOVE to be around with. :D

i watched a few of her clips and find her pretty awesome. =]

I LOVE this girl haha. I didn't really have a favorite in the YG girl group.. but Minji is increasingly becoming my favorite (I usually don't have favorites but this girl is so cute and talented <3 just like the rest of the girl group >D )

Here's random bit about her:

She's a stitch fan! (it's probably equivalent to Daesung's obsession with Doraemon.. :lol: ) Before she closed down her photo section on her cyworld.. she had a lot of pics of her stitch items~ haha. SHES SO CUTE I SQUARE <3

Can you imagine while they're all at practice and Minji brings out her Stitch toys while Daesung brings out his Doraemon gear?

STITCH VERSUS DORAEMON!!! Who will win!??! >: D

rk1y0h.jpg281yp88.jpg

....I can seriously imagine Minji and Daesung doing that LOL

And if you want to know a lil' more about her here's the translation from her profile section:

1994. 1 18

Gong, Min Ji

15 years old, 3rd year in middle school (which is the same as ninth grade)

I like to do new things as well as try new things. I dream of freedom like the sky and like the color pink?? I like funny things. I hate to think that anything is impossible; I am stubborn, prideful as well as competitive. I love to read, and if I start something it is hard for me to stop. I don’t like difficult and confusing things; I like being organized and like to think by myself sometimes.

I like to plan ahead and dream that those plans will come true. I like to give and it makes me happy to see smiles when I give. I seem like a strong person, but I do get hurt a lot because I am young. But I tend to hide those feelings. Sometimes I explode when my patience can hold no longer. Even though it is a difficult time for me, I can go on with my life with the thought of my happiness in the future. But when I do feel content and joyful I feel impressed. I know that time goes by really fast and move quickly with it. I can’t get what I want if I don’t move fast. Time, passion and effort is important in reaching out goals. I try not to forget the person God has made me into.

THIS IS ME

translated by msxshy @ TYGS

Please do NOT take the translation out of this thread.. thanks =)

she's soOo cute haha. <3<3

I have a girl crush on CL and have this protective older sister instinct for Minji. :]]

@ SuperKyle you can find her most recent pics here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&p=11670637

they're not full body pics though xP

I'm sure she'll develop, and it doesn't really matter. The girls are going for a totally different concept they don't necessarily need the "sexy" look to fit in (but I think all 4 are beautiful/cute girls so it's a plus (: ! ).. because they're freaking ooooozing with talent hehe.

PS. I love you Kwon for creating this thread and whoever bumped it back up. rofl(:

teehee I totally love how Minji loves Stitch...

because I LOOOVE Stitch?

I have like 5 Stitch plushies and a keychain and .. I love that little blue alien <33

you know whats REALLY exciting about Minji?

its that if shes this talented NOW, can you imagine just how much better she's going to get as she grows and learns more??

Guest hiswendy

To be completely honest, I'm jealous of her

because she's so close to Jiyongieee ):

BUTBUTBUT! She is really talented

& I can't hate cute, stylish, talented people.

So I'm actually looking forward to her debut.

Guest AiMee284

Minji's got spunk. :)

Whoa, whoa, whoa people... thanks for being honest about your jealousy but I don't really want this thread to be full of posts about how "jealous" some of you are just because she gets to be buddies with Jiyong. > <

It's almost reminding me of people who hate SNSD just because they get to be close to DBSK/Super Junior --- heck no, don't have that kind of hate with YG family, alright?! LOL. (BTW, no I'm not generalizing that all SNSD antis are DBSK/SJ-lovers or vice versa, so don't start that argument here either... I'm just trying to make a little point)

Guest rinnie_chan

Ahhhh, she's at my age!

Just 3 months older than me.

Isn't the maknae of SM's new Girlgroup 'White Angel' also 94er? Who also is supposed to have amazing dance skills?

Whee~

anyway, I'm also reaaaaally looking forward to their debut <3

yayayayayay

Guest XTINE__

oh wow, minji IS quite young. she's 4 years younger than me! and look at her, she's going places LOL. aaand gd adores her. haha, she's like the younger sister he never had. i watched the youtube video of her dancing, and i've gotta say, she's got some talent.. i just wonder what her singing is gonna be like. I guess we're gonna have to wait to find out.. but i'm sure the vocal training at yg will work wonders!

ooh, and on a slightly random note, that pic of her w/ the black guy.. .isn't that Twitch from SoYouThinkYouCanDance season4?? I swear, it is!!

I remember watching SYTYCD and Kat did an interview w/ Twitch for final 4 asking him about his previous works.. and he said he'd done some work teaching dance in korea.. and he also added 'I was a lot taller than most of them' LMAO. wow, can't believe he did work for yg too...

Archived