Skip Beat Live Action Taiwan Upcoming Drama

Guest shinhaku

Guest shinhaku

cast: Ivy Chen, Donghae, and Siwon (SJ-M)
Skip Beat will be adapted into a live-action drama in Taiwan!

"Skip Beat", which is a drama adapted from a Japanese manga, is

planning to have Ariel Jin and Jerry Yan as the leading roles. More

info to come!

credit: <a href="http://manga.taira.it/evo/Lau.nsf$fil...oujo/index.html" target="_blank">http://manga.taira.it/evo/Lau.nsf$fil...oujo/index.html</a>

omg!!!! my heart skipped a beat when i read this. I'd prefer jp version

but taiwan ver. sometimes is better XD. but whatever, this is like a

dream come true!!!!Jerry Yan is the guy who played Domouji in HYD TW

ver. Ariel Lin is the one who plays the main girl in Itaruza na kiss TW

live action ver. This is such good news!!! Can't wait till it comes out

XD

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Justalilodreamer

ohmygod...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Ariel Lin?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*runs away from flying cabbages*

+edited

btw he doesnt dies lol. the guy is actually a jerk, he made her follow him to tokyo (to pursue his dream) but in truth he was only using her as his maid/worker. She finds out, gets richard simmons off, and decides to get revenge by becoming an actor (to surpass him) .

Guest cerys

^ LOL!!! i know exactly what you mean :E

Well... I would have preferred a Japanese version of it (because I think JP actors + actresses are prettier and can pull manga to real lifes characters better imo) but I'll wait to watch the Taiwan version :3

I hope its good... I've found that most TW drama I watch, there are chunks of the episodes which are boring and not that interesting until it gets heated up again lol.... But I hope this one is good!

Apparently the male and female leads are not confirmed as yet.

The cast in mind so far are Ariel Lin, Jerry Yan, Bryant Chang, Angela Zhang, & River Chen.

credits: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=530543

I was just on asianfanatics and also read about this too. I hope Angela gets the part though. I think she'll fit the part better as a rock star.

Guest ...MoMcMaster<3...

wooo! i read one part of this!!! i never finished it. :sweatingbullets: but i do want to watch the drama.

Guest murdoc_19_2000

would they please stop making drama adapted from manga?

with their lame acting and lame scripts?

Guest Polaris_Jin

wow i´m sooooooo happy :w00t: wow wow !!!!! can´t wait :D

Ariel??? i don´t think it suit her. sorry, just personal oponion.

Guest shinhaku

it should be skip beat, i think someone said there's another drama called paper rose w/ similar plot, so confusing

Guest plumangel3

aww what's wrong with ariel? she's not that bad or anything.

but lol i wasnt too surprised to see bryant's name there. he stars in alot of her stuff dont

you think? i'd love to see them in a drama where they actually get together for once =p

im kinda confused with the story tho. from what ive read the one with ariel and bryant as the leads

is paper rose and not skip beat. but that she also might be in skip beat with jerry? :S

i also read about the misunderstandings going on with the casting. i hope everything works out.

there's so many manga to drama adaptations nowadays. maybe japan will do one too =p

Omigosh! I totally love this manga! So happy someone's finally going to make a drama out of it!

Hmm... the actors in mind for the cast weren't exactly who I would picture playing those roles.... Well, we'll have to see.

I was hoping a Japanese drama version would have been made though too as I think Japanese writers do a good job of taking a long series and condensing it into 12 episodes or so. I wonder how many episodes the Taiwan version will have? It's such a long manga.

Anyways, can't wait!!!

Excited to see a drama adaption of this manga. I think Ariel would do well as the female lead, Ella would be a good choice also (considering the character is supposed to be a naive tomboy trying to break into showbiz). As for the role of Ren, I would like to see Vic in this role (the character fits him, and he was the first that came to mind when I thought of the role). I am not really a big fan of Jerry, he is ok but can't really see him in this role (but I could be wrong). Can't wait for more news.

Guest Carpathien

It's seems what you re thinking of isn't really an adaptation of the skip beat manga but something of a similiar plot.

Guest skye.

JERRY YAN & ARIEL LIN IN THE SAME DRAMA ? ARE YOU SERIOUS ?

THAT'LL BE ONE HECK OF A DRAMA.

Woww. They're both soo great ! I can't wait to see this. xD

Guest ~XoX~

I heard that this cast is still pretty unconfirmed b/c of conflicting schedules, but Ariel and Jerry are a really interesting and fresh pairing that I'll be willing to watch.

Archived