Skip Beat Live Action Taiwan Upcoming Drama

Guest shinhaku

OMG. I would absolutely die if Bryant Chang got cast in this. *O* He's soooooo underrated. D: He deserves a really big role where he can finally prove himself that he's worthy of a leading role in a drama. *O* Besides, we really haven't seen a drama where he and Ariel finally get together. D:

Plus, it'll be nice to see more of their on-camera screen chemistry as they're really good friends in real life. ;D

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest andloveyelledno

Ariel is going to rock this, just like everything else she does.

Ideally Mike He would be the lead but Vic would be my second choice.

I like Joe but TKA just finished. It's too soon.

Guest maytan00101

director winnie left a message in his website...

he said that contracts hasn't been signed yet.... but

if things go smoothly as indicated, SB should start filming by september or october....

if things go smoothly it should be jerry, joe and ariel, joe was the one who requested that he play te 2nd lead....

Guest evelyn168

^ I found out about this.

My sister and I are really excited. I think Jerry as Ren is good. But other choices we came up with would be Peter Ho, Wan Zhi Wei, or Dylan Kuo.

But being the bias person that I am, I really want to see Jimmy Lin in another drama, so it'll be nice if he's in it, even as a minor character.

Skip Beat will be adapted into a live-action drama in Taiwan!

"Skip Beat", which is a drama adapted from a Japanese manga, is

planning to have Ariel Jin and Jerry Yan as the leading roles. More

info to come!

credit: http://manga.taira.it/evo/Lau.nsf$fil...oujo/index.html

omg!!!! my heart skipped a beat when i read this. I'd prefer jp version

but taiwan ver. sometimes is better XD. but whatever, this is like a

dream come true!!!!Jerry Yan is the guy who played Domouji in HYD TW

ver. Ariel Lin is the one who plays the main girl in Itaruza na kiss TW

live action ver. This is such good news!!! Can't wait till it comes out

XD

ohmygod...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Ariel Lin?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*runs away from flying cabbages*

+edited

btw he doesnt dies lol. the guy is actually a jerk, he made her follow him to tokyo (to pursue his dream) but in truth he was only using her as his maid/worker. She finds out, gets richard simmons off, and decides to get revenge by becoming an actor (to surpass him) .

Hi every one

I'm a big fan of skip beat manga

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

don't let this happen!!

I prefer Japan or Korea for this manga

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I read the manga in Shojo Beat japanese monthly comic magazine translate in english :P ....looking forward for this upcoming drama.... B)

Guest evelyn168

It's PD Winnie from ISWAK again. So I don't think it'll ruin the drama. Jerry is going to be Ren. But then nothing is confirmed. And I just read that there's a problem with the script and setting too. So they'll probably film it next year.

Guest luluchan

omg YAY!! SKIP BEAT IS SUCHA CUTE MANGA!!

but

BUT

JERRY YAN!>!??!?!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find someone who can actually ACT!!!

Iagree!! peter ho is good!!

but the same ppl from ISWAK?!?!? oh no!!!

they're gonna screw this up!

hmmm i read the manga

but why taiwan kinda always adapted story from japanese manga >.<

i mean they could make their own good drama not based on japanese manga lol coz usually after that japan make their version adn turn out better >.< like hanakimi

but let's just wait and see

oooohhh interesting pair ariel and jerry kekekeke random but cute tho

Guest zuany

I love Skip Beat to death but a Taiwanese live-action of it is just a No-no-no-no-no to me.

The cast list makes me shudder. *ducking tomatoes*

None of the artists listed above fits the images of Kyoko and Ren in the manga so far.

And personally their acting annoys me, not to mention.

Guest Orchidy

^---- I totally agree with you.

I cannot see Ariel as Kyoko...I can't imagine. Skip Beat is one of my favorite and because it's one of my favorites I actually understand the characters so well that I am doubting Ariel's part. I am not going against her acting but it's just the radiating feel from her doesn't suit Kyoko...

Ren...hmmm a character that I doubt any of the aforementioned guys can portray. Ren is hard to deal with as a character already and now to choose as a real life action...

=_= I'll give it a push on the first episode. I didn't like Hana Kimi despite its rave so i don't think I will change my mind on this. T-dramas should stop adapt too so many good mangas...it just ruins it.

Guest AiMango

Ohh I read the first few volumes for this manga.. I remember it was very funny xP

but

BUT

JERRY YAN!>!??!?!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

find someone who can actually ACT!!!

i agree :/

Guest Sango2893

ariel & joe or even jerry yan?

*spasms

*dies.

The only thing bad about TW dramas is they can get a little too

cheesy,but I've never seen Ariel in an overly cheesy drama *cough like smiling pasta,hana kimi *cough

but if Winnie is chosen to directer I have faith in him,because there wasn't anything in ISWAK&ISWAK2 that I felt was

overly cute acting *cough Ranie Yang *cough or just bad in general.

I would prefer a japanese adaption, but oh well i can't be picky >_<

For the Kyoko part, the actress who acts as her has to be great, because she's a really

difficult role with many facets...it will be hard to cast the right person.

hm I will just wait and see ^_^

Guest luluchan

ariel & joe or even jerry yan?

*spasms

*dies.

The only thing bad about TW dramas is they can get a little too

cheesy,but I've never seen Ariel in an overly cheesy drama *cough like smiling pasta,hana kimi *cough

but if Winnie is chosen to directer I have faith in him,because there wasn't anything in ISWAK&ISWAK2 that I felt was

overly cute acting *cough Ranie Yang *cough or just bad in general.

are u kidding? ISWAK 1 (I didn't even bother to watch 2 @ all)

was so stupid!! the script and character development was immature and shallow and ... ........ ariel made the gurl even More shallow than ever... *ok fine.. the original work wasn't awesome either but TW vers dragged way too long

O_O Skip beat is sucha cute manga i really hope they dun make ppl have a bad impression of it!!!

Rainy yang is ok i think.. she gets a bit annoying now since she's already 24/25 yrs old... should stop trying to be cute... but @ least she's eye candy ~~

maybe i'm the very few who really thought ISWAK is way too overrated it was a pretty low effort show

Ariel needs a better script to prove that she can actually act a strong willed gurl well~~

and please..... not joe chang again!! he's cool and all but .... don't we see a bit TOO MUCH of him already??? (along with Farenheit ppl~~ who need to work really hard on their acting imo!)

honestly..we need somre fresh air in the casts!! it's always tyhe SAME ppl !!

sighhh....

Guest Sango2893

are u kidding? ISWAK 1 (I didn't even bother to watch 2 @ all)

was so stupid!! the script and character development was immature and shallow and ... ........ ariel made the gurl even More shallow than ever... *ok fine.. the original work wasn't awesome either but TW vers dragged way too long

O_O Skip beat is sucha cute manga i really hope they dun make ppl have a bad impression of it!!!

Rainy yang is ok i think.. she gets a bit annoying now since she's already 24/25 yrs old... should stop trying to be cute... but @ least she's eye candy ~~

maybe i'm the very few who really thought ISWAK is way too overrated it was a pretty low effort show

Ariel needs a better script to prove that she can actually act a strong willed gurl well~~

and please..... not joe chang again!! he's cool and all but .... don't we see a bit TOO MUCH of him already??? (along with Farenheit ppl~~ who need to work really hard on their acting imo!)

honestly..we need somre fresh air in the casts!! it's always tyhe SAME ppl !!

sighhh....

I agree at first that Ariel seemed very needy and almost stalkerish but it was just her way of being "determined" alot of people hate it the first couple of episodes but towards the middle/end when they mature somewhat It gets alot better,and ISWAK 2 was alot better since she didn't have to try hard to be with him. Plus they were just following the manga.

Ariels been in alot of diffrent dramas from kindofslow loving girl to strongwilled tomboy to historical dramas. Oh and I reccomend love contract if you what to see ariel in a strong willied roll but I didn't like the drama, or you could try legend of the condor heroes. I agree that i am tired of some of the actors that are overused alot but SOME of them are good. I agree the guys from farenheight aren't the best actors and they should stick to more 'smaller' roles.

I agree about Rainie too when your 24 yrs old you can't pass off the same cuteness as a little 6 year old girl.

Archived