Skip Beat Live Action Taiwan Upcoming Drama

Guest shinhaku

The more I watch FTYL recently, the more I get this feeling that Baron Chen suits the role of Ren. Dunno why but he gives off this aura that makes me think tt he is Ren. And I totally agree tt more newbies shld be given the chance to act rather than giving it to those actors tt we see most of the time. I have to admit tt I like many of the popular actors out there like Joe Cheng, Mike He, Jiro Wang etc but seriously, it's time to give newbies the chance to shine. Who knows? The newbies whom we have never really take notice of might do a better job than those actors we see usually onscreen.

Other than Baron Chen, I dun really see anyone else who is suitable for the role of Kyoko or Sho yet. But actually for now, I am hoping tt there will be a japanese live version instead cos i am sure tt they can do a better job with this.:X

Anyway, to all Skip Beat fans, Skip Beat anime will be coming our way very soon in October!:DDD

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest estherfull

fianally the anime is coming out in september. but im gonna watch the taiwanese verson, hoping the japanese does too so they can make their version

fianally the anime is coming out in september. but im gonna watch the taiwanese verson, hoping the japanese does too so they can make their version

LOL That's also what I'm thinking, that maybe there'll be a Japanese version to see how they'll portray the/an manga (in comparison to the TW-version). I'm sort of interested as to where the drama will stop in the manga though...

• 3 months later...
Guest vanggirlie

i'm not too excited about either jerry yan or ariel lin but dislike jerry more than ariel. i'll probably not watch it unless directing, dialogue, and direction of plot is really good.

Guest andloveyelledno

Ariel has played very diverse roles and has succeeded at all of them. I have no doubt she will pull this off! I still wish Mike was a part of this but oh well...

Err... Ariel is gonna be the main character?

No offense to her fans but I don't think she fits the role at all :/

But I'll just hafta wait and see - she might surprise me!

I'd prefer a JP drama of this ):

TW dramas often get boring too easily (to me that is).

credit Michi@OnlyF4

Hua Li De Tiao Zhan/ Skip Beat

new drama by Jerry Yan & Ariel Lin Yi Chen

directed by Niu Cheng Ze

16 Nov 2008

Jerry arrives at Tokyo

17 Nov 2008, Monday

Press conference @ Tokyo

Issue Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel B2F (banquet hall)

Guest piinkcess

i actually think ariel suits kyoko's character well...

but it seems like she always play these kind of roles.

wish they used someone more unknown though

Guest severus

Eeek. I don't know if I wanna watch this or not =/

I'm not exactly an Ariel fan... and Ren's too... perfect for anyone in real life to portray.

Some things should be kept animation and manga

Guest keeyshane

the drama is being invested by Japan, that's why they are having the presscon in Japan first. i wonder if they are going to film parts in Japan.

anyway, the author of the manga appointed jerry as the male lead.

Jerry's arriving on the 16th in Japan, and the presscon w/ Ariel on the 17th.

i hope the author also helps in the story.

Guest keeyshane

Jerry Yan has 2000 fans waiting in Japan; Ariel Lin left out in the cold

Monday November 17 2008, Taiwan

jap1xu0.jpg

w536.png

81445206sj0.jpg

w250.png

jap2hq6.jpg

w455.png

32925657ws0.jpg

w250.png

source: Liberty Times

translated by: x-WISHFULthinking @ http://asianfanatics.net

Jerry Yan has high popularity in Japan, and this No. 1 Idol King had over 2000 fans waiting at the airport for him, leaving Golden Bell queen Ariel Lin in the cold.

GTV’s new Japanese manga adapted drama “Extravagant Challenge” is funded by both GTV and Japan. Hence, the press conference was specially held in Tokyo. Jerry, Ariel and director Niu Cheng Zhe became the biggest selling points, however Jerry was the most popular, and the female and male leads evidently received different treatment.

Yesterday afternoon, Jerry and Ariel arrived at Narita airport, and there were over 2000 Hong Kong and Korean fans waiting. However, it was obvious that they were all Jerry’s fans. 20 bodyguards accompanied them and Japanese Customs department opened a specialy channel so that they could leave the airport quickly. However, unfortunately, their laggage did not keep up and took about 2 hours before released.

The hotel suite that Jerry is staying at is 47 square meters big, and it costs 600,000 yen to stay for one night (200,000TWD). Lots of fresh juice and bottles of mineral water were prepared for him, and also a long rental car. However, Ariel’s hotel suite only costs 180,000 yen for one night (60,000TWD). No. 1 Idol King and Golden Bell Queen evidently are receiving different treatment in Japan.

However the drama’s general production manager Liu Kai Lok expressed, that to the production company, the male and female leads receive the same treament, but the rooms are arranged by the Japanese side: “To the Japanese people, Jerry is indeed No. 1 Idol King!”

However, Ariel did not let this affect her mood. She rarely has the chance to sit in such a high-class limosine, and she and Jerry and director Niu imitated the “Titanic” pose, resulting in much laughter.

25ls5.jpg

w329.png

Oh No they didn't... i'm going to sound like a pinkberry but so far the only thing that was tolerable to watch a manga being transformed to a drama was HYD. The casting I'm' still confused by, who is Jerry playing??

And the storyline seems very different... I'm not watching this, or maybe I might give it A chance, though I once again highly doubt I would enjoy it... but for the sake of Skip beat I might watch it, or maybe I shouldn't for the sake of it..

Hmmmmm

Archived