Skip Beat Live Action Taiwan Upcoming Drama

Guest shinhaku

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pinguvxd

oh god...i hope ariel lin doesn't make it as the main character.

i don't really think she's that great of an actress. T___T

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NOT JERRY.

oh lord, I BEG FOR IT TO BE ANYONE BUT JERRY.

He's ugly, he can't bring out the hotness of Ren, he just can't. HE'S NOT EVEN COMPARABLE. and Oh lord just think about the BLONDE HAIR part. Jerry doesn't look good with blonde hair, hell NOT MANY ASIANS DO.

Unless its Daniel Henney, he'd be hot and he'd be perfect for the part of Ren.

Guest lolly88

They are so gonna spoil the comic...no offense..

i so rather prefer a animation for this

omggg..i love skip beat manga....i SERIOUSLY don't want them to screw this one up ..seriously...if they can't make the WHOLE drama good..PLEASE don't make it at all..It frustrates me how they always ruin many good mangas..

lol well although i do agree on the first part second part somewhat? ^^;; (don't kill me please)

i really love skip beat manga and i do not think anyone can portray the characters in real life especially kyoko and ren so WHY WHY WHY do they even have to attempt it >< they are obviously trying to feed off the popularity of the manga and it annoys me to no end that they always do this -_- why can't manga stay a manga hell i would love an anime not LIVE ACTION ><...

YEAh..TW also screw comics up, they have not much ideas for idol dramas

so they simply take japan comic and really feed off the popularity

Guest icebe

waah, i LOVE skip beat!!!!! can't wait...

don't care bout the actors, if they can play it well i'll like it, so i'll give it a try for sure!!!!

Guest gillie

i can't think of any Taiwanese actors/actresses that can pull off ANY of the characters in skip beat...i think the producer/director needs to find people that can give us the "feel" of the characters from skip beat instead of some popular idols.

it's exciting to have a live action but maybe they should wait until the manga is done and THEN make a live action =S they don't even have an anime for this manga yet..i rather they make an anime for skip beat first ><

Guest apple red

I cant wait to see Jerry on another drama beside MG..

for those who don't like Ariel or Jerry or anyone, just switch yr channel or even dont try to watch it if you dont like them. You can watch another show, isn't it .

I dont really like both of them either..but this one is not bad to try

Guest miiloverx2

oh maaaaaaaang

i was hoping for a japanese live-action..

but ahh, oh well.. will have to see how it goes

Guest asianromance

I love Ariel's acting and I think jerry yan is hot- but for Skip beat, I don't think I want Ariel or Jerry to be in it. I love Skip beat and i've read the chapters dozens of times waiting for each new release, but seriously, Ariel doesn't seem to have the innate bundle of energy that Kyoko has. And Ren Tsuraga is supposed to be this mature phenomenal actor and Jerry can't even act in real life-how can he even act to be a great actor.... Moreover, i think the taiwan live adaptations have been pretty good about trying to fit the image of the character and neither Ariel nor Jerry fit the image of the characters. I think the role of Kyoko is tons more difficult to play than other manga characters and we need someone with a lot of stamina and someone who doesn't seem delicate at all. I can't name any Taiwanese actress to play her, though Chen Qiao En might come close. Or better yet, I hope they find a no-name hidden gem to play kyoko.

Guest evelyn168

Skip Beat has just confirmed Ariel not Jerry Yan... Jerry Yan is for another drama, which Ariel was initially to star with. But I think she's backing out on that now cause of conflicts with Jerry Yan's schedule...

They're trying to get Joe Cheng, PD Winnie and Ariel to take on Skip Beat... If they do, I'd be in heaven!!!

Guest c0lap1nada

Skip Beat has just confirmed Ariel not Jerry Yan... Jerry Yan is for another drama, which Ariel was initially to star with. But I think she's backing out on that now cause of conflicts with Jerry Yan's schedule...

They're trying to get Joe Cheng, PD Winnie and Ariel to take on Skip Beat... If they do, I'd be in heaven!!!

No offense, but are you kidding me? Joe Cheng as REN? :(

>____>

I have a feeling this will turn out horrible... Ergh. Looking at Hana Kimi already gives me the shivers.

Guest ladyyehse

omg. im not going to watch this...

i mean i love ariel in ISWAK1&2 but I do not think she will do well as Kyoko. And no offense to her fans, but I don't think she's that great of an actor either.

And for who plays Ren, I can't even think of a good person to act as him... Jerry cannot be Ren. absolutely not. But seriously, IMO TWDramas always kills the original manga for me (I can't even read Hanakimi again) >_<

Soyeah, im most likely not gonna be watching this. D:

Guest silver_

wooohh..doesnt really matter whos in the cast (cuz I love all of them)

^^ cant wait for this dramaa~~

Guest asianromance

i know someone had mentioned this before, but i took a good look at Vic Zhou yesterday night in the beginning of the drama Sweet relationship...and i think Vic would be a good choice- well at least the best of all the offerings. I don't know anything about his acting ability but he does have the ren tsuraga look- with the sharp angles in his face and how sometimes he looks young but other times, older than his age. he is tall and looks like he has a strong body. And though he looks so serious, when he breaks out into a smile, it's a beautiful smile. Now i need to find a good match for Kyoko. I don't think Ariel's hair would work in Kyoko's style.

and as much as I like Joe Cheng and his acting- i think they should give the Ariel x Joe couple a break for now and do different pairings.

Guest chll51

i'm guessing that ariel will play the main lead, kyoko? i don't think she'll do that role justice, seeing as how she doesn't really fit with kyoko's explosive personality. lol. i seriously hope jerry yan does not play ren >____< anyhoo, i'm somewhat excited and somewhat unexcited because if the drama doesn't do well, it'll totally kill the manga =X

I honestly don't want another live-action TW-drama of a popular manga (especially one that I like so much) but since the producers are going to do it, I'm just glad that they chose Ariel Lin. To some people here, she may not be that great of an actress or that she doesn't fit Kyoko's personality but at least in comparison to a lot of other Taiwanese actresses at the moment, she's pretty darn talented/versatile enough. As for Ren's character, I actually can see Jerry playing it, rather than say, Joe Cheng. Aside from the height, Joe looks NOTHING like how Ren is supposed to be. At least for Jerry, he sort of embodies certain characteristics that I think Ren has.

Archived