►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SNSD, Super Junior, 2NE1 and Kim Hyun Joong among stars attending 2011 MAMA

SINGAPORE: Those who haven't gotten their tickets to the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) might want to get a move on and pick them up, because some of the biggest names in K-pop have confirmed their attendance to the prestigious event!

Korean girl groups SNSD, 2NE1, Miss A and super sexy soloist Hyun-A will be attending the 2011 MAMA at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on November 29.

Fans of boy bands Super Junior, BEAST and Bae Yong Joon's charismatic protege Kim Hyun Joong had better get ready to scream, because they too will be turning up for the awards ceremony.

The revelation that SM Entertainment's top acts Super Junior and SNSD will be attending the 2011 MAMA is especially significant, as it confirms that the K-pop giant and Mnet, one of the biggest players in the Korean music industry, have truly buried the hatchet after butting heads over various issues in recent years.

The event's co-organiser MediaCorp VizPro said on Thursday that these are just some of the heavy hitters heading to Singapore for the 2011 MAMA and revealed that they will be releasing more information on the list of attendees as the massive event draws near.

The 2011 MAMA will kick off with a red carpet event at 4pm, followed by a four-hour programme that will feature performances by several popular K-pop acts.

Seated tickets to this star-studded event have already been sold out, but mosh pit tickets are still available.

The 2011 MAMA originally began as the Mnet Music Awards in 1999 and has been one of the biggest events on the Korean music calendar for the past decade.

It was rebranded the MAMA in 2010, and was held outside Korea for the first time in Macau before coming to Singapore in 2011.

Source: Channel News Asia

Guest dragon-rider

Update with translation ^^

111117 DARA's me2day update

2Dk3f.jpg

아이고오~ 우리 탐탐이~ 우리 아기 귀엽다!ㅋㅋ 심심해서 이러고있음! 스케줄이 쉴새없이 있는대도 심심할때가 있네요! 어쩌지!ㅋ

Aigoo~ My Tam Tam-i ~ My baby is so cute! Ke ke This is what I do when I am bored! When we continuously don’t have any schedules, I feel bored! What to do? Ke

21dara_1321511398_42692.jpg

유후~!!!!^0^ 신난다 신나!!! 지금 김갑수 선배님이랑 같이 재밌게 게임하면서 놀구있어요!!! 아우~ 이렇게 노니까 심심할틈이 없네요!ㅋ아쥬 그냥~! 크크큭.. 이제 맨날 닌텐도 wii~ 가꾸 당기면서 해야겠어용!^_^ 앗싸베~!!!

Tags: 김갑수 투애니원 닌텐도 wii 광고촬영중? 노는중? +.+

Yoohoo~!!!! ^0^ Fun fun!!! Now with Kim Kap Soo-sunbaenim, surprised that he is playing with us and having fun!!! Aw~ When we’re having a break, we should play like this so as not to be bored! Ke That’s it! Ke ke ke… Nowadays, playing Nintendo wii all the time~ You’ll be rooting for us, right!Hooray~!!!

Tags: Kim Kap Soo and 2NE1 Nintendo Wii commercial shooting? While playing?

Source: Dara’s me2day

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

111117 BOM's me2day update

Z4TTb.jpg

다라는 열심히 미투중~~ㅋㅋㅋo(^▽^)o 항상 성실한 다라입니다~~~( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Dara, who is mituing zealously ~~ㅋㅋㅋo(^▽^)o This is Dara who is always so sincere ~~~( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

tumblr_luqv9kcPMp1qi8clmo1_250.giftumblr_luqv9kcPMp1qi8clmo2_250.giftumblr_luqv9kcPMp1qi8clmo3_250.gif

tumblr_luqv9kcPMp1qi8clmo4_250.giftumblr_luqv9kcPMp1qi8clmo5_250.giftumblr_luqv9kcPMp1qi8clmo6_250.gif

EROMAKNAE!- Asahi’s Ontama

MC: Minzy-san , please tell us a secret that fans don’t know

Minzy: In front of the mirror, I practice ero poses

BOM, DARA: Is that so?

CL: Minzy-chan is 17 years old

MC: then please go ahead and show a sexy pose like you’re in front of the mirror

~MINZY POSE~

CL: Please calm down!

Minzy: Get a hold of my self, I gotta get a hold of my self!

Credit: minzypics21@tumblr

Guest cristina0422

LOL. I was really laughing hard in their Asahi Ontama guesting. It was really fun! They seem really relax by themselves. Ah~ the girls is just so cute.

And they are endorsing Nintendo Wii now? Wow!

So it is confirmed that 2NE1 will attend 2011 MAMA. Keep on voting Blackjacks,let's make them proud. We've done it with MTV Iggy, we can do it again!

[TRANS] 2NE1′s Third Guesting At Asahi Ontama

The topic today are the things that surprised you in Japan.

CL: Uhm, for me, for example..

BOM: Hurry, we don’t have time!

MINZY: Hurry, hurry!

DARA: Hurry up, no time!

MINZY: Think fast!

—- (42 seconds left)

BOM: In Japan, everything comes in small size. Like, there’s a mini size cup ramen.

BOM: They are all in Dara-size. Don’t they seem like Dara-size?

BOM: And also, the doors are too small, this room is small. Even this chair is small. You know, in short, everything is too small! What about people who haev big butts like me?! It’s too small!

—- (Calming down)

CL: For me, the thing that surprised me is..

DARA: Hurry, hurry!

CL: …

—- (30 seconds left)

MINZY: We don’t have time, we don’t have time for that!

BOM: Hairstyle! In Japan, there seems to be a lot of long-haired men. Aren’t there?

MINZY: Yes, yes, you are right.

BOM: Right? Japanese men seem to like long hair.

MINZY: Yes, they like long hair.

BOM: Minzy likes boys with long hair anyways, so it’s good that there are long-haired men.

MINZY: No, no!

BOM: I will reveal this secret to everyone!

MINZY: It’s a secret, secret!

BOM: Long hair, she likes long hair!

MINZY: That’s a secret~

CL: Ah please calm down..

Credits:

japanese – Kor Trans: BlackjackNao@OhDara

Kor-Eng Trans: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

111117 DARA Me2day Update

L7FG0.jpg

오늘 닌텐도wii 로 탁구게임도 해봤어요!이햐~원래 탁구를 못쳐서 자신감없이 시작을했는데..글쉐!ㅋㅋ진짜 탁구랑도 거의 비슷하면서 넘 신기하더라고요!더 신기한건ㅋ내가 막 모서리찍기 기술을쓰면서 우승했다는거ㅋㅋ김갑수선배님과 멤바들 모두 깜놀!!!꺄악!넘 재밌엇어요!^.^

Source: Dara's Me2day

Guest cristina0422

K-Pop Makes "Investment Boom".. YG Entering The Public Is A Big Hit

[1] [2]

credit: WeLoveDara and soh0712

you'll see the trainees and the girl group "Dream" that YG is planning to debut next year @ 1:34

Why I'm not so excited? keke. I want my babies to still be the only girls in the company. Aigoo~

But yeah the family is growing, it's inevitable. And soon 2NE1 is taking their next step to international advancement.

Wow DR, are you going to attend the concert?

Edit:

Yeah. They must be talented because they have a big shoes to fill. With their sunbaes that are really successful, it must be a pressure.

Aw. Too bad you can't attend. Ah~ Don't cry, there will always be a next time. I'm also waiting for a Nolza here in my country but if they don't I'll go there in SK. Tsk. keke.

Guest dragon-rider

Tomorrow 2NE1 will arrived in Hanoi. Thinking of 2NE1 and I will be breathing the same air makes me feel so excited and happy :wub:

@cristina: Let's hope2NE1 will have awesome juniors. I believe in YG's training, these girls must be talented just like our precious 2NE1. Finally 2NE1 will be big sisters for the first time ^^

No, I won't be able to attend the concert on Saturday. I live 1146 km away from Hanoi TT.TT and I have exams on the day after the concert. I can't believe that I miss this big chance to meet my girls. Wanna cry *sniff sniff*

Some awesome pics of Dara for Etude in YG Train:

z8dkN.jpg

yeYwA.jpg

WH1Tw.jpg

Credit: @rh_littlestone

Taken from ohdara

Guest cristina0422

V I'm trying to be a good girl. LOL. Oh yeah..3 more pages to go and we're going to have a new thread!

Edit:

Hmm...can you give me the link to the other clip, DR. I've only seen these 4. :( Thanks!

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Guest dragon-rider

LOL cristina why don't you just make a new post rather than editing? We need to SPAM :lol: . Yeah I hope there will be next time.

Ugh I think it's Ontama part 5? We have had 5 clips by far.

Some update of the me2day queen, adding translation ^^

111117 DARA's me2day update

21dara_1321523605_40146.jpg?w=480&h=320

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 나랑 닮앗네~!!! 사과머리..ㅋㅋㅋ

Ke ke ke ke ke ke ke It’s the cyber version of me~!!! The apple hair.. Ke ke ke

21dara_1321531828_78833.jpg?w=294&h=460

오늘 닌텐도wii 로 탁구게임도 해봤어요!이햐~원래 탁구를 못쳐서 자신감없이 시작을했는데..글쉐!ㅋㅋ진짜 탁구랑도 거의 비슷하면서 넘 신기하더라고요!더 신기한건ㅋ내가 막 모서리찍기 기술을쓰면서 우승했다는거ㅋㅋ김갑수선배님과 멤바들 모두 깜놀!!!꺄악!넘 재밌엇어요!^.^

I tried out the Table Tennis game for Nintendo Wii! Yee-ha~ At first, I didn’t have much confidence playing table tennis at the start.. However! Ke ke It was curious, because it because though it’s really similar to real table tennis, but I was better at this! And even more interesting, is that I developed the technique of landing shots at the edge of the table Ke ke Both Kim Kap Soo sunbaenim and the members were all surprised!!! Kyaaak! It was so funny! ^.^

Credits:

Guest dragon-rider

@cristina: Sorry. There are 4 parts. Mindfcuked TT.TT . I probably ate too many candies today.

Btw, I sended you a message on your cafe days ago but haven't get any replies yet :sweatingbullets:

Some gifs to fill up my empty post:

tumblr_luqmohZMag1qd4coro1_500.gif

I love GD and 2NE1 being together :wub:

Guest cristina0422

@DR, I checked it. Left a message on your cafe. keke. 2NE1 is going to depart in Korea @ 10:35AM KST, today.. I'm so happy for VNBlackjacks. Take care of the girls! :lol:

@ww23, because they are his kids. :wub:

[ARTICLE] K-Pop Is Killing It: Why 2NE1 and Girls Generation Are Set to Storm the States

Annyeong! (As "Arrested Development" fans know well, that's Korean for "Hello.") I'm Sam Lansky, music writer and K-Pop neophyte, though I'm rapidly getting sucked in to the glittering, glamorous world of Korean pop, which is gaining traction with stateside audiences.

But are American listeners really ready for the high-octane sonic explosion that K-Pop is packing? In this week's "Pop Think," I'm exploring whether K-Pop is all hype, or whether the invasion really is imminent and why K-Pop fans are devoted beyond compare.

2011 was a huge year for K-Pop, not just in Asia, but globally. K-Pop superstars Girls Generation released their single "The Boys" last month in both English and Korean to rave reviews, while MTV Iggy crowned fellow K-Pop A-listers 2NE1 the Best New Band in the World this week (after Diplo lauded 2NE1 for their innovative style), and Will.i.Am announced his intention to turn them into global superstars. Meanwhile, Wonder Girls are gearing up for another crack at U.S. success, after their crossover attempt in 2009 with a spot supporting the Jonas Brothers on tour ended with their debut single, "Nobody," peaking at No. 76 on the Hot 100 (making Wonder Girls the first Korean group to ever enter the chart). Due in 2012 for Wonder Girls is their own movie on Teen Nick and an entirely English-language album, helmed by major hitmakers like Darkchild and Claude Kelly. They've even hired Beyonce's choreographer and Katy Perry's stylist to give their image a boost. The industry is taking note: Billboard launched the Korea K-Pop Hot 100 chart in August 2011 to document sales, which Billboard's Director of Charts Silvio Pietroluongo called "a milestone event."

It's no surprise that K-Pop is picking up speed: As a form, if I can generalize, it's breathtaking, packed with irresistible pop hooks that get stuck in your brain even if you don't speak Korean, meticulously synchronized choreography, and uniformly high in production values. It isn't just a sonic form, it's visually arresting, too, where the videos and performances play as much a role in staging the spectacle as the music itself does. K-Pop functions at breakneck speed, integrating influences from glacial European house music, the sultry sounds of American R&B, and J-Pop's hyperactive electro-crunch. Pop this dizzyingly innovative hasn't been seen since the heyday of Britain's Girls Aloud, another group lauded for their creativity and eclecticism. K-Pop groups are frequently large in numbers, too, with some groups featuring upwards of a dozen members, which makes their skill with dancing in faultless simultaneity all the more mesmerizing.

+ Read more about K-Pop's crossover after the jump.

To dig a little deeper into the world of K-Pop, I turned to an expert tour guide on the genre: Jacques Peterson, who writes the snarktastic and deliciously hyperbolic site The Prophet Blog, which began as a pop and R&B blog but has evolved to include extensive coverage of K-Pop. (When I first voiced resistance to K-pop because the lyrics are in Korean, Proph, as he's been affectionately christened by readers, pointed out that recent Top 10 pop singles in the U.S. have contained lyrics like "la la la la la" and "whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh," which, admittedly, made my concerns over the language barrier look rather silly.)

"The talent and skill of K-pop artists are unrivaled when it comes to pop acts," Jacques told me. "Nowadays, record labels have gotten rid of artist development to save money, but Korea has done the exact opposite: They sign artists when they're young and train them for years in singing, dancing, and performing, molding them into true entertainers. It's like the Jackson 5 or a modern-day 'Mickey Mouse Club,' they deliver a quality of performance that you just won't find anywhere else."

And with the high caliber productions comes a high caliber of fandom, including fans who are so rabidly impassioned about K-Pop that they put stateside stans to shame. Lady Gaga's Little Monsters might be ferocious in their zeal about their beloved Mother Monster, but they're up against some tough competition with fans of Super Junior-M, a Chinese-Korean subgroup comprised of members from K-Pop boy band Super Junior; when their label, SM Entertainment, announced that they were adding a fourteenth member to the group, over 1000 fans protested outside the label's headquarters, chanting "Thirteen!" and singing Super Junior songs. Rumors continued to leak that SM was adding an extra member, so Super Junior fans purchased nearly 60,000 shares in SM Entertainment (amassing 0.3-percent of the company's entire stock), and released a media alert that they were taking legal action to keep the label from tampering with the group's line-up.

If legal tomfoolery underwhelms, K-Pop stars TVXQ prove that their listeners' passion can be medically hazardous. Back in 2006, group member Yunho was busy promoting the group's third album, when an "anti-fan" (or "hater") snuck backstage and served Yunho a poisoned beverage, forcing Yunho to be hospitalized for several days and, in my opinion, giving a whole new meaning to the phrase "drunk on haterade."

But then, pop this good invites complete insanity, from all sides. Even if you're, like me, prone to linguistic xenophobia and prefer only to focus on acts that sing in English, take a look at the video for 2NE1's English-language version of "Can't Nobody," or Girls Generation's for "The Boys," and it's clear to see that there's a level of showmanship that's absolutely mad in its over-the-top splendor.

Does that mean that K-Pop can actually catch on with mainstream audiences? It's already begun to, as MTV Iggy's recent crowning of 2NE1 proves, following August's news of their collaboration with will.i.am. Jacques, too, is putting his money on 2NE1: "There may be better vocalists and dancers in K-Pop than 2NE1, but nobody has a look tailor-made for America like they do," he said. "They have a very mainstream, Western sound, and a fierce, trendy style that will appeal to audiences new to K-Pop. The only way I can see other K-Pop artists truly crossing over internationally is if 2NE1 break down the door first."

For my part, I'm going hard for the glamorous gals of Girls Generation after resisting for a few days following the release of their latest single "The Boys," once I finally broke down and watched it, I found myself flabbergasted by how good it was. Since then, I've probably watched it over 50 times.

I may not be poisoning their rivals anytime soon, but still, you can consider me a K-Pop convert.

Sam Lansky is a writer and editor from New York City. He goes hard for Swedish pop music, Real Housewives GIFs, and juice. Follow him on Twitter or Tumblr.

Archived