[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

this may sound really ridiculous... but what IS Iris?

I mean, i've never fully understood the concept/ exact def. of the secret organization of IRIS.

i know it has to do with the NSS leader and how other leaders are trying to take over? so confused!

Anyone mind explaining? :D

IRIS is a secret organization of "unknown" origin... they profit from major global conflicts... by means of conflicts, they profit in wars and or chaos out of peace...

IRIS is against peace and further more, peaceful nations, if those nations don't go along with the organization's wants and purposes

IRIS will use political figures down to footsoldiers to attained their means of profit

everything that happen is for a purpose... "nothing is by accident"

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest turbogor

Is this drama worth watching?

Yes it is!!! :) then again, there is a lot of hype haha

but its unlike any other korean drama you will have ever seen and you should try it !

December 1, 2009

Lee Byunghun at Cheong Wa Dae

20091201092755599k7_120406_0.gif

Lee Byung-hun

Unlike the uninvited couple that slipped into the state dinner U.S. President Barack Obama hosted for Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last week, actor Lee Byung-hun attended a dinner welcoming Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom at the invitation of Cheong Wa Dae.

According to the presidential office, Lee was included on the invitation list because he starred in "IRIS," a prime-time Korean drama that is now drawing a large number of viewers, in which he plays a spy. Part of the soap opera was shot in Budapest, the capital of the Eastern European country, and the production team received assistance from the Hungarian government during the shooting period.

Actress Kim Tae-hee, who plays the role of a profiler on the show, was invited to the dinner but was unable to attend due to her schedule.

Credits: skim@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest mewking

wiredbox subs are not the best, but its still watchable.

hmm withs2 takes a long time to come out...

beside wiredbox subs , is there any other alternative ways?

u watching using wiredbox subs too?

Guest knightkiss

IRIS seems really powerful. It's like they're just chess and the countries are the pieces. I hope the writers show more about this organization in the future, it's really intriguing.

And whoa, I love the caps from episode 13! Bad boy Sawoo haha! Thanks Lilazinprincess for the caps!

I'm happy that there's a season 2 for Iris! If they really do it then I guess the writers won't kill off the whole Iris organization, will they? And yeah, I agree about it not being the same if LBH is not casted. He is the star of this drama after all.

Does anybody know the model of Baek San's cellphone?

PS. Thanks rubie for the quoting info!

Guest joynara

Episode 15 preview

Translation for ep. 15 preview:

SeungHee's friend [to SH]: What you asked for, they're inside.

SaWoo [to SH]: Team Leader Choi.

Baek San's henchman [to SangHyun]: You're under arrest for treason.

SangHyun: Whose order?!

Baek San's henchman: Shut up, and just follow us.

Press Secretary [to Baek San]: How far are you thinking?

Baek San: You may have to take care of the President.

Chief of Staff [to the President]: I think Kim HyunJoon lost the terrorists.

President: Take Yeon GiHoon [the North Korean planning the coup d'etat] into custody right now.

Terrorist [to SaWoo]: Drop your gun.

HyunJoon: The last two years, I always came to the same conclusion! 'Could happen because it's Jin SaWoo! Because we must always obey orders! Because that's who Jin SaWoo is!'

SaWoo: It was always like that! [joynara: can't quite make out SW's 1st line, but I think that's what he said.] What I had to give up because of you... it never even entered your mind!

This is what they filmed last week (25 Nov):

[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/cenara/IRIS/prev15/prev15_hwmv_000023156.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/cenara/IRIS/prev15/prev15_hwmv_000027827.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/cenara/IRIS/prev15/prev15_hwmv_000031064.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/cenara/IRIS/prev15/prev15_hwmv_000036469.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/cenara/IRIS/prev15/prev15_hwmv_000041174.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/cenara/IRIS/prev15/prev15_hwmv_000042042.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p283/cenara/IRIS/prev15/prev15_hwmv_000042976.jpg[/img]
[/codebox]

=============================================

Sorry for MIA this past week or so. Had a boatload of things to sort through, and wasn't fit for soompi. Haven't caught up yet, but was there any recap for ep. 14? There's a scene in ep. 14 (HyunJoon and SunHwa's scene in the car at the beginning) which adds some context to [color=#555555;background:#000000][color="#000000"]HJ's anguish[/color][/color] in the preview.

Guest Lilazinprincess

Interesting that they managed to released the preview already. It didn't have anything to do with the bts pictures that spread all over the media. I can't wait for this showdown. :lol:

Thanks joynara for your translation.

joynara.. we've been missing you sooooooooooo much! The episode 15 preview recap is awesome.. looks like everything between HJ and SW was never that rosy after all.. all that's in their hearts are really going to come out in the open.

We didn't have any ep 14 recap.. especially dying to know what HJ said to KSH... it's like the longest he had confided to her (or anyone for that matter) about what happened between him and SW/Baek San, presumably.

We're really glad to see you back and it's obviously a lot to recap but we'll appreciate the main important gist you can share with us. Always.

I have one question bugging me since watching episode 11 again, maybe someone knows? Why is there information stored in the computers at NSS (that HJ retrieved during the terrorist attack) about Baek San's IRIS activities? It just doesn't make any sense to me...

Guest rebornsoul

hmm withs2 takes a long time to come out...

beside wiredbox subs , is there any other alternative ways?

u watching using wiredbox subs too?

yup. just watched 12 with wiredbox subs. its all good

Guest itsjusjay

Im hooked on this drama, i'm on episode 10

and i've been watching the subbed versions in dramacrazy.net

What's the best place to watch or download newest episodes?

and how about the episode release?

what's the newest episode and how long does subb process last?

Guest Lilazinprincess

I have one question bugging me since watching episode 11 again, maybe someone knows? Why is there information stored in the computers at NSS (that HJ retrieved during the terrorist attack) about Baek San's IRIS activities? It just doesn't make any sense to me...

The most dangerous place is also the most safest place. BS has the authority do whatever he wants in NSS. He can accuse innocent people with ridiculous crimes if he wants to eliminate them. No one does anything about it. So no one in NSS would have guessed that the such information were stored right under their noses. HJ must have figured this out. He wanted to know what type of data BS keeps.

Guest badhairday8

The most dangerous place is also the most safest place. BS has the authority do whatever he wants in NSS. He can accuse innocent people with ridiculous crimes if he wants to eliminate them. No one does anything about it. So no one in NSS would have guessed that the such information were stored right under their noses. HJ must have figured this out. He wanted to know what type of data BS keeps.

Makes sense... at least at NSS, his data is secured. If he saved this at home, he doesn't have the luxury of security guards and such.

Episode 15 preview

Wow!!!! I can't wait for this showdown!!!

Guest evilgary

seriously NSS is like the sister to IRIS. Any motive can be accomplished by just using in the host country. So when they say NSS serves it country ,i was like are you joking me as i think there are other motives for it.

Guest itsjusjay

Im hooked on this drama, i'm on episode 10

and i've been watching the subbed versions in dramacrazy.net

What's the best place to watch or download newest episodes?

and how about the episode release?

what's the newest episode and how long does subb process last?

ANYONE?

Well, somewhat makes sense, but wouldn't it make more sense for him to not store the data at all? Clearly there would always be a risk of someone else accessing it and using it against him.

Maybe it will be explained more fully later.

Guest joynara

I missed soompi as well, but had a lot of pent-up frustrations with the IRIS Powers That Be, and it was either let it all out here (and just create anxiety) or vent, vent & vent (in Korean) @DCgall, and I went with the latter. I'm all better now :) (they haven't resolved my issues, but I'm spent) and just want to focus on this week's eps.

I should be able to put up a short recap of ep. 14 before Wed's broadcast--it's was quite action-driven (if I recall correctly) so should be easier to recap.

re: the action scenes @GwangHwaMun: in case it wasn't mentioned in the (English) news items (sorry, have yet to catch up & I may have to pass actually)--

They're scheduled to be broadcast in eps. 16 & 17. And that's why they don't show up in the preview for ep. 15. There have been some planning/script changes, and those scenes have been pushed back to eps. 16 & 17. Also, contrary to what was announced previously re: GwangHwaMun (don't even get me started), the filming only involved LBH, KTH & KSY (and the terrorists) under PD Kim KyuTae's direction, while PD Yang YunHo led KSW on a related mission in SongDo (near InCheon). JJH sat out Sunday's filming, for reasons that supposedly will become apparent in eps. 16 & 17.

Archived