HMONG THREAD

Guest Azume

Guest Azume
Movie Translations
Hi, welcome to the Hmong movie thread. Feel free to talk about Hmong movie, Hmong dubb movie, Hmong actor, or Hmong actress. Have a nice day! :)UPDATE 8-10-2007 Hmong Movie Home Page http://www.loojceebentertainment.com/ Hmong Dubbed Prouction/Entertainment -EQ -HVS -TNT -SUN -IV Star -Dream ----------------------------add more if know Hmong Prouction/Entertainment -a Moua Lee -Asian Video -HVS -Xab Thao -----------------------------add more if know
Let's see.........here are some Hmong "kev sib hlub" typed movie combined with comedy typed roles that I have seen so far........some are good and others are OK (not so good, but it was OK to watch): 01. Kev Hlub Yeej Txhua Yam (Part 1 and 2) 02. Hlub Koj Tshaj Kuv Txoj Sia (Part 1 thru 4) 03. Vim Tsawg Ib Los Lus (Part 1 thru 3) 04. Tsis Muaj Leej Twg Txiav Tau Txoj Kev Hlub 05. Lub Txiv Qaub (Part 1 and 2) 06. Paj Vuam Txoj Kev Hlub (Part 1 thru 2) 07. Koob Pheej Lub Neej Nrog Txoj Kev Hlub (Part 1 and 2) 08. Lauj Mas Thiab Ntsum Lis 09. 3 Leeg Neeg Ib Txog Kev (Part 1 and 2) 10. Ib Zaug Ntawm Txoj Kev Hlub (Part 1 thru 3) 11. Npaj Thaub Thiab Noog Nuv (Part 1 and 2) 12. Thoj Keeb Thiab Yaj Yuam (Part 1 and 2) 13. Nkauj Zuag Paj Thiab Ntsuag (Part 1 thru 4) Here are the ones for "Comedy" typed movies: 01. Yawm Yij Yawm Dab, Kwv Tij Kwv Npawg Zab 02. Khib Ciaj Khib Tuag (Part 1 thru 3) 03. Nplaum Lwj Nplaum Liam (Part 1 and 2) 04. All of DR. TOM's movies 05. All of BIG MONKEY's movies 06. Nom Phaj Txoj Kev Lim Hiam
Credit: fivemagic ddddddd.jpg Credit: looj ceeb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vanggirlie

i love chinese and thai dramas dubbed in hmong. sometimes i like korean dramas and indian movies dubbed in hmong.

i don't watch hmong movies tho. i tried but it just doesn't work for me.

Guest MizzKrazie

Not much of a fan for Hmong dubbed movies.. Or at least the ones nowadays.. I prefer the older stuff back in the 90's.. Like Su Thao Productions, Txhais Lus, hmm... World Video Promotion? Can't remember their names and stuff, but yeah those were the better translated days.. Now, every translated movie has the same voice over and over again, even if they were from different productions..

BUT if we're to talk about Original Hmong Movies.. I totally dig that, even though I haven't seen any for a while. The last one I saw was "Nkauj Hli Txoj Hmoo".. I believe Moua Lee's (the director) has a new movie in productions. Can't wait to see more of his work!

Guest Azume

are the hmong dubbed movies legal?

I GUESS MOST OF THE HMONG DUBBED MOVIE ARE ILLEGAL. BUT PEOPLE STILL DO IT, BECAUSE MOSLY IT'S FOR THE PAREANT THAT CAN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH TO WATCH. I'M NOT SAYING IS ONLY FOR THE PARENTS, I WATCH IT TOO....BUT SOMETIME I PERFER THE ORIGNAL ONE.

Not much of a fan for Hmong dubbed movies.. Or at least the ones nowadays.. I prefer the older stuff back in the 90's.. Like Su Thao Productions, Txhais Lus, hmm... World Video Promotion? Can't remember their names and stuff, but yeah those were the better translated days.. Now, every translated movie has the same voice over and over again, even if they were from different productions..

BUT if we're to talk about Original Hmong Movies.. I totally dig that, even though I haven't seen any for a while. The last one I saw was "Nkauj Hli Txoj Hmoo".. I believe Moua Lee's (the director) has a new movie in productions. Can't wait to see more of his work!

YEAH, THE OLDER PRODUTIONS AE BETTER THEN THE PRODUTIONS RIGHT NOW. BUT BACK THEN, THE MOVIE USE TO BE HALLA EXPANSIVE. (LIKE AROUND $20 TO 25) MOUA LEE MOVIE ARE REALLY GOOD AND SAD. ME, TOO. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE OF HIS WORK.

Azume, you're awesome. Thank you for making this thread.

So, Hmong dubbing-s.

Do any of you know the names of the people who do the voices?

THANKS, I KNOW TWO TRANSLAT PERSON

TENG - HE'S FROM HVS (he's the one translate to wonbin in Autumn Tale )

THIA - HE'S FROM TNT (he's the one translate to the amin guy in winterlove)

I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S THERE NAME. MY SISTER USE TO TRANSLAT TO HVS, SO SHE KNOW A FEW PEOPLE AND SHE TOLD ME.

HAVE ANYONE TRANSLAT MY GIRL YET? I LOVE THIS DRAMA AND WANT TO BUY FOR MY MOM. I HAVE THE KOREAN VERSION WITH ENG SUB BUT MY MOM CAN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. YEAH, MY FAMILY IS A MOVIE LOVER.

Guest Born: 1985

i have a question: are the hmong dubbed movies legal?

For the most part..yeah they are legal..the work is copyrighted and such..just the dubbing is poor. The quality and voices are pretty horrible it should be illegal. :angry:

Yuck, Hmong dubbed movies...bleh I prefer the original. Some of the Hmong movies aren't that bad..it's improving no doubt and most of the time the story carries a good message, usually something you can either relate to or understand.

Guest vanggirlie

wait i thought they were illegal. don't you need permission from the company to even dubb it and than to sell it? so i'm thinking it's illegal but if the dubbing is not illegal than the selling is. so whatever, i still watch it.

i use to buy the dubbs but it's too expensive. even i don't buy originals but just dl it with fansubs. i'm too cheap. i only buy it if my mom wants to watch. unless it's thai than i buy it because they translate the right translation for thai stuff.

Guest hershey

I like "Nkauj Hli Txoj Hmoo" too and I think there's two other movies that she made. I like to watch the original Hmong movies more I don't like translated movies!

Guest orange_skies

i don't like the hmong dub. the ones that i see always take out part of the plots and stuff. that's why i buy the original.

but has anyone ever seen Timeless Love? that's the only hmong movie that i've seen recently.

i like the dubbed ones ... even though i hate the fact that its not real .. and that they cut off a whole bunch of scenes out ... i also sometimes like to watch fobby movies ... Nkauj Hli's luck ...(sorry i dont know how to write in hmong ...) that movie was alright .... except i think the ending is stupid ...

Guest ImSmiley

^^^ i liked that movie too. i like Moua lee's movie because he always have good story line and he's a good director.

i just don't like when they dubb the movies like dramas they take out a whole bunch of parts.

Guest photodaisy

^ Ditto that.

I had to watch Full House dubbed and it was alllllll edited and dubbed and OMFG...KYAA! No...but then, Full House does drag on a bit.

As for just the regular Hmong movies...I generally sit there and not watch them (unless my parents force me to) but yah...they sorta bore me. ROFL...but it's not like I despise them. AND OMFG...I haven't gone to the market or anything to get anything and all that jazz just because I'm so obsessed with Japanese dramas and all.

I prefer regular/original versions. *nods*

^ your parents make you watch em too?

Most of them are so boring.. I just sit there commenting about how bad most of the stuff is.. usually about the camera angles, and make up, and where is is taken.. So.. my mother keeps yelling at me.. so she stopped making me watch them movies..

Anwiays.. yeah.. at least they are making an effort to make movies.. Even tho i just think they shouldn't at all.. But whatever..

I just want them to RESPECT COPYRIGHTS!!

If i see them dub Japanese doramas.. I'll be so Pissed off.. I'll find a way to get them sued for sure! At least, i'll try to report it to the officials and stuff... Man, i would really like to get the people who really don't care abotu Copyrights sued right now.. but i am not heated enough yet..

[edit]

I would really like to see one hmong movie that they actually used like millions of dollars to make it good and maybe place it in the theaters.. If that ever happens, i'll totally support it, UNLESS it's a total i can't readty movie..

Guest MizzKrazie

I would really like to see one hmong movie that they actually used like millions of dollars to make it good and maybe place it in the theaters.. If that ever happens, i'll totally support it, UNLESS it's a total i can't readty movie..

Actually, it's hard for a movie to come out into the theaters. If you think about it.. Have you seen a GOOD ASIAN FILM come out into the theaters at all? Considering that these Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Thai etc, movies are a whole lot better than what we Hmong people can put out, have you seen any of these movies made it to the big screen? We Hmong people got a long way to go.. But we should be appreciative of the hard work they put in there..

Guest ImSmiley

Most of them are so boring.. I just sit there commenting about how bad most of the stuff is.. usually about the camera angles, and make up, and where is is taken.. So.. my mother keeps yelling at me.. so she

oh i the make up annoys me too. sometimes they just put on too much make-up and when they put it on the guy, eck! it's just too much!

Archived