HMONG THREAD

Guest Azume

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shoko86

Did you guys see the Final Fantasy 10 movie the Hmong peeps Dubb?? :lol:

anywho, I enjoy watching some movies that are made for older people. Like the funky story line with the old funny dudes. :lol: Those guys can make me laugh b/c they do some of the dumbest stuff. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. :lol:

As for the younger movies made by teens... :mellow:

Guest MsAyla

i thought the movie zab and sua(i think thats how you spell it) the newer verizon is alright.

But I totally gotta agree with some of you, they shouldn’t be dubbing other ethnics movie its so annoying how they translate it, it doesn’t even make sense, and worst, instead of using the name of the character in the movie, they change it into a different name its like OMFG, are you kidding me LOL.

Another thing I don’t really like about original Hmong movies is that the cast’s makeup are so ugly, I think they need professional stylist and makeup artist, errr, sometime the makeup make them look like they’re clowns. =DD

Guest hershey

i thought the movie zab and sua(i think thats how you spell it) the newer verizon is alright.

The movie was alright. I think that the older one was scarier because I saw it a long time ago when I was younger so I thought that a lot of things were scary.

Guest fivemagic

I GUESS MOST OF THE HMONG DUBBED MOVIE ARE ILLEGAL. BUT PEOPLE STILL DO IT, BECAUSE MOSLY IT'S FOR THE PAREANT THAT CAN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH TO WATCH. I'M NOT SAYING IS ONLY FOR THE PARENTS, I WATCH IT TOO....BUT SOMETIME I PERFER THE ORIGNAL ONE.

YEAH, THE OLDER PRODUTIONS AE BETTER THEN THE PRODUTIONS RIGHT NOW. BUT BACK THEN, THE MOVIE USE TO BE HALLA EXPANSIVE. (LIKE AROUND $20 TO 25) MOUA LEE MOVIE ARE REALLY GOOD AND SAD. ME, TOO. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE OF HIS WORK.

THANKS, I KNOW TWO TRANSLAT PERSON

TENG - HE'S FROM HVS (he's the one translate to wonbin in Autumn Tale )

THIA - HE'S FROM TNT (he's the one translate to the amin guy in winterlove)

I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S THERE NAME. MY SISTER USE TO TRANSLAT TO HVS, SO SHE KNOW A FEW PEOPLE AND SHE TOLD ME.

HAVE ANYONE TRANSLAT MY GIRL YET? I LOVE THIS DRAMA AND WANT TO BUY FOR MY MOM. I HAVE THE KOREAN VERSION WITH ENG SUB BUT MY MOM CAN'T UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. YEAH, MY FAMILY IS A MOVIE LOVER.

Hi there,

I just wanted to make a comment on Hmong dubbing in dramas and/or movies. First of all, I think at least three agencies are doing the best job dubbing in Hmong whether it is from Korean dramas/movies, Chinese movies, Thai movies, and Taiwanese dramas/movies. The best dubbing I want to see all the time would be HVS Production, T & T 2, and EQ Entertainment. In my opinion, I think they have the best translating voices than any other that I have seen, especially the main guy Teng from HVS Production. He is totally cool and his voice is so amazingly hot especially from the Korean drama Stairway to Heaven (the character he dubbed for the main guy Sean).

Hey Azume, do you know or can you ask your sister if she know if Teng is single or married? Can you also ask her if she can tell me how he looked like? I am very interested in him because he has by far the nicest and wonderful voice I have ever heard of. Also, as for Thia, I think he has a very nice voice too, especially in Winter Sonata. He is cool as well. Also, can you ask your sister one more question? The two main girls who translated in Stairway to Heaven and Winter Sonata, ask her if she know them and if they are single or married, and most of all what are their names. I am just very curious because again, I am totally one of their biggest fans. I think I have asked a lot of questions, and hope that I would get a response from you very soon.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Azume

hey fivemagic,

As for Teng, he's married and already has a kids. (I'm not sure how many, but then i think only one) My sister told me that he is kinda dark, but then the owner of HVS told her that he's cuter then Thai and that one guy translated to Cheemeng in Autumn Tale. (sorry, dunno the name) The guy translated to to Cheemeng, he's kinda fat...but dunno if he's married or not. Also Thai is not single, he's married too. Mostly all the translater are married. As for the girls....The on traslater to the main girl in Stairway to Heaven was Cia (dunno how to spell her name, but when you said it, it's kinda like ran, ----in Hmong) The other girl, i don't remember her name.

Also i know that HVS pay Teng $500 for only ONE part and pay Cia $700 per one. So if the drama has 5 part. Teng get like....$2500

If you want to know more, then feel free to ask.

Guest fivemagic

hey fivemagic,

As for Teng, he's married and already has a kids. (I'm not sure how many, but then i think only one) My sister told me that he is kinda dark, but then the owner of HVS told her that he's cuter then Thai and that one guy translated to Cheemeng in Autumn Tale. (sorry, dunno the name) The guy translated to to Cheemeng, he's kinda fat...but dunno if he's married or not. Also Thai is not single, he's married too. Mostly all the translater are married. As for the girls....The on traslater to the main girl in Stairway to Heaven was Cia (dunno how to spell her name, but when you said it, it's kinda like ran, ----in Hmong) The other girl, i don't remember her name.

Also i know that HVS pay Teng $500 for only ONE part and pay Cia $700 per one. So if the drama has 5 part. Teng get like....$2500

If you want to know more, then feel free to ask.

Hey Azume,

Thank you for your quick response - that was totally quick. Thanks for letting me know about these two guys. I was hoping that they are still single, but I guessed not, and thanks for letting me know those two girls as well. Anyways, I really like their voices both in Stairway to Heaven and Winter Sonata. I think out of all the ones you mentioned previous regarding translating companies, the ones that I really, really like to see all the times are HVS Production and T & T 2. By far, they have the BEST and nicest voice I have watched. I said this, because I am a picky person, and I only want to watch dramas or movies with only these two companies. How weird, huh?

Also, in my family, I am the only one who's addicted to watching Korean and Taiwanese/Chinese dramas/movies. I guess you can call me a fanatic lover.

Thank you for giving me the information about the payment for both Teng and Cia. Again, thanks in advance.

Sometimes I think hmong people should be sued. <_<

that one musical with four parts used a lot of Hindu songs.. one of them from Kabbhi Kushi Kabbie Kham.

They rip you off Translated movies as well. :lol:

selling one episode for $10 and up when you could buy the whole drama set for even cheaper.

I stopped watching Hmong movies a few years ago... lol.. I wish they'd hire a real make up artist.

Guest itz_n_obsession

Sometimes I think hmong people should be sued. <_<

that one musical with four parts used a lot of Hindu songs.. one of them from Kabbhi Kushi Kabbie Kham.

They rip you off Translated movies as well. :lol:

selling one episode for $10 and up when you could buy the whole drama set for even cheaper.

I stopped watching Hmong movies a few years ago... lol.. I wish they'd hire a real make up artist.

i agree with ya! n probably that one of the reason why i stop watching hmong movies and the storyline is repeated WAY OVER too many times, and of course you know that their ACTING! it too FAKE!

Guest baokapris

Sorry I only like watching Korean Dramas & Movies in the original format and language. The Hmong dubbing is such bad quality. I gave up all my Hmong dubbed movies & dramas. I do enjoy watching Hmong dubbed Chinese movies/tvdramas though. I like some Hmong movies too. There are a couple of good ones but I don't know the names. :wacko:

i don't like hmong translated movies because sometimes they stray away from the true meaning of what the original dialogue was or they just don't do a good job with the mouthing. but at times, i learned to appreciate hmong translated movies because some movies NEVER come in english and when i'm busy doing too many things (cooking) i like to hear what they're saying cause i can't pay attention to the movie at the moment. you know. ahaha but yeah. some hmong translaters suck. i hate it when they mess up the word father!!! oOOH!! I hate it when it was in autumn love!! I hated how that little girl had said it!! if you're going to translate, translate right!!! argh! anyways, one hmong movie that i thought was translated incredibly was The Lion Roars. ahahaha i love that movie translated in hmong. they managed to make keep the good humor in the dialogue. i enjoyed it very much. ~Michelle

^ YES< TRANSLATE CORRECTLY PLEASE!!

[it's like that HMONG DUBBED spongebob video at YouTube.]

i am not BASHING on anyone..

Actually, it's hard for a movie to come out into the theaters. If you think about it.. Have you seen a GOOD ASIAN FILM come out into the theaters at all? Considering that these Chinese/Korean/Japanese/Thai etc, movies are a whole lot better than what we Hmong people can put out, have you seen any of these movies made it to the big screen? We Hmong people got a long way to go.. But we should be appreciative of the hard work they put in there..

Well, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was alright.. and HERO was ok too... [TOO CHINESE FOR MY TASTES]

But.. You know what?? The hmong people should ORGANIZE A VERY BIG CHARITY THING.. so we can hire professionals and good actors [THE BEST OF THE HMONGS] and tell the STORY of the HMONG PEOPLE.. with the ORIGINAL plots, Maybe with a little love in it..

Pearl Harbor got it BIG.. IT's a love/battle kind of movie.. And Gladiator was also a battle/love movie.. maybe we can all pitch in to hire PROFESSIONAL story writers and directors to 'side by side' help us make a BEAUTIFUL movie with all those nice feature and stuff, so that we can actually show it in Theatres..

I mean, it WILL BE A HIT!! Maybe not HUGE, but there are so many HMONG people here.. We will support it because it'll be the FIRST movie about OUR lives, and it has less FLAWS in the picture. directing,. and acting aspects.. YOU KNOW?!?!

Really, someone should do this.. If no one does, I will start it when i am older.. Because who's gonna listen to a 18 year old who is just about to gradutate from HS, and is broke and needs money to enter the University..

>>>>>>> I SHOULD GO COPYRIGHT THIS >> that's totally my idea >> Credits to me [sTEAL AND DIE!!]

Did you guys see the Final Fantasy 10 movie the Hmong peeps Dubb?? :lol:

anywho, I enjoy watching some movies that are made for older people. Like the funky story line with the old funny dudes. :lol: Those guys can make me laugh b/c they do some of the dumbest stuff. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. :lol:

As for the younger movies made by teens... :mellow:

EWW.. Teen movies... Sounds WACK! But i haven't seen them in a long time..

Dont' want to.. I'll probably PU.KE.. But .. i really say they should stop wasting their money on things that

are so worthless to half the Hmong population... Use that money and time and make something gooooood

out of it... something worth sitting down and watching.. SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY MEANS SEOMTHING!!

The movie was alright. I think that the older one was scarier because I saw it a long time ago when I was younger so I thought that a lot of things were scary.

Yea.. Honestly.. I think the movies back in those days were much bettter then the things they have now..

With all that SUPERNATURAL POWERS and Sh!t.. Ew.. what a turnoff..

Sorry I only like watching Korean Dramas & Movies in the original format and language. The Hmong dubbing is such bad quality. I gave up all my Hmong dubbed movies & dramas. I do enjoy watching Hmong dubbed Chinese movies/tvdramas though. I like some Hmong movies too. There are a couple of good ones but I don't know the names. :wacko:

SAME HERE!! I DL the HQ ones and i can see the pictures CLEARER then those of the Hmong DUBBED ones..

PLUS, there are SUBS!! and I can learn KOREAN from it.. and their voices are ORGINAL!!

and the best thing is.. IT"S FREE.. no fees.. and THAT"S THE BETTER DEAL....

I mean... HQ and Free VERSUS the expensive, non-original voices, with parts of the plot cut out, and SUPER LQ pictures?!?!?

I pick the DLing for free please!! WAIT, SUPERSIZE IT PLEASE!!

Guest fruity_meh

hey! i not trying 2 get on anyone bad side but u got 2 give da people da translated da movie some created...i mean yeah it suck but it's not so bad and yes sometime they total mess it up but aleast they tried and who ever said u had 2 watch it? u dont have to watch it, and beside i think da those movie that are translated r for hmong to enjoy not criticizes...if u can do a better job den do it! i have watched tons of movie and yeah some suck but they aleast did it so da people who dont understand it can actually understand...sorri if i offended anyone

Guest Azume

fruity_meh, i agree with you. I love to watch Hmonh dubbed and so is my family. People may think that it's really easy for the translater to translate a movie, but truly is really hard. First, they need some people that have a good voice, don't have to be really good, but at lease is okay for people to watch it. Second, they need the money to pay the translate and other stuff. So truly, they don't recieve that much back. Third, they has to put alot of time to combine the voice and all those hard thing. Is true that some people got rip off but so what. They know that they got rip off, but still buy it anyways. Some people might don't know, but who told them to buy from the start and complain at the end. If the price are too high for you, then go the owner of the movie and ask them to lower the price. That's what my mother always do. They always get her 5 dollar for each.

Gosh, people, why you want to sued your own people, when they are just doing this for the oldies people and the people that just came from Thailand. I think that you should support the Hmong Dubbed, not trying to sued them. Sit back and think hard....

As for the Hmong movie, i think they did a alright job. Their story are really good. Truly, i dislike the way how they put the makeup for the actor and actress. But that doesn't mean that i dislike the movie. My friend, dislike Hmong Movie because they think that Hmong Movie are for MTT. But WTF, watching my own people make me a MTT. So do that mean that looking at every Hmong people make me a MTT.

Truly, i'm a bigger fan for other asian movie, then Hmong movie or dubbed. But at lease i still love it and have some respected for it. I'n not calling or saying that those people dislike Hmong movie or dubbed are a hater. I know it's your opinion, but please take your opinion out of this thread. So that won't make anyone get mad or dislike you. I made this thread for a reason, not for telling us, they you hate it. At lease show some love and said that the Hmong movie or dubb are okay for you. You don't really have to go throw every detail, why you doesn't like Hmong movie or Hmong dubbed. I think we all already know they they still need more inpove ment. But you just can't sit back and complain, while you can't even do nothing. Like called the producer and tell them that they need this and that for there movie. That is just not right. If you don't even bother to watch Hmong Movie or dubbed, then don't even bother to come this thread and talk trash. I'm not hating, just to telling. So people come down............

Please pm me, if you don't like me or don't like what i said. Don't post here, because i really don't want this thread to be close. Thanks.

Guest fruity_meh

fruity_meh, i agree with you. I love to watch Hmonh dubbed and so is my family. People may think that it's really easy for the translater to translate a movie, but truly is really hard. First, they need some people that have a good voice, don't have to be really good, but at lease is okay for people to watch it. Second, they need the money to pay the translate and other stuff. So truly, they don't recieve that much back. Third, they has to put alot of time to combine the voice and all those hard thing. Is true that some people got rip off but so what. They know that they got rip off, but still buy it anyways. Some people might don't know, but who told them to buy from the start and complain at the end. If the price are too high for you, then go the owner of the movie and ask them to lower the price. That's what my mother always do. They always get her 5 dollar for each.

Gosh, people, why you want to sued your own people, when they are just doing this for the oldies people and the people that just came from Thailand. I think that you should support the Hmong Dubbed, not trying to sued them. Sit back and think hard....

As for the Hmong movie, i think they did a alright job. Their story are really good. Truly, i dislike the way how they put the makeup for the actor and actress. But that doesn't mean that i dislike the movie. My friend, dislike Hmong Movie because they think that Hmong Movie are for MTT. But WTF, watching my own people make me a MTT. So do that mean that looking at every Hmong people make me a MTT.

Truly, i'm a bigger fan for other asian movie, then Hmong movie or dubbed. But at lease i still love it and have some respected for it. I'n not calling or saying that those people dislike Hmong movie or dubbed are a hater. I know it's your opinion, but please take your opinion out of this thread. So that won't make anyone get mad or dislike you. I made this thread for a reason, not for telling us, they you hate it. At lease show some love and said that the Hmong movie or dubb are okay for you. You don't really have to go throw every detail, why you doesn't like Hmong movie or Hmong dubbed. I think we all already know they they still need more inpove ment. But you just can't sit back and complain, while you can't even do nothing. Like called the producer and tell them that they need this and that for there movie. That is just not right. If you don't even bother to watch Hmong Movie or dubbed, then don't even bother to come this thread and talk trash. I'm not hating, just to telling. So people come down............

Please pm me, if you don't like me or don't like what i said. Don't post here, because i really don't want this thread to be close. Thanks.

Azume i agree with u 2...i was also wondering y do we even think about sueing our own people...anyway i'm glad da im not da only one da feels that hmong people r criticizing their own kind

Guest fruity_meh

hey! i said i didnt want to offend anyone but there seem to be no one on this thread any more...so if i did...i dont think i should say sorry becuzz i just said what was my own judgement...and my own feeling so if you guys dont like it then 2 bad :D

Guest green_vixen

the thing i hate most about hmong translated movies is when they cry! omg! it's so annoying and fake! they need to learn how to cry and make it seem real, even if it's just translating! cause the actress can do such a great job and then the translater does such a terrible job and they ruin it! and also, it's annoying how all the girls have high pitched voices! it's so fake! it's nice once and a while, but it gets really annoying. oh yea, and you guys ever realize how they usually give the people the same names in ALL/MOST of their movies! like won bin seems to always be phong. man, it's like dude they don't come with the same name in ever movie! and i also agree with yall saying that they shouldn't stray from the real meaning of the original movie too! and not only that, they always try to have a good ending so they cut out the really sad ending like in 'atumn love story' and 'stairway to heaven'. i think someone told me there were 2 dubbed versions of 'stairway to heaven', but the one i saw they just ended at the one benefit thingy. they should've just showed that she dies in the end. i would've prefered to see that.

Guest vanggirlie

i don't really watch korean drama dubbed in hmong anymore. i mostly watch chinese and thai dramas dubbed in hmong. i enjoy original chinese and thai dramas but i love love them dubbed in hmong.

-- I like these kinds of threads. It makes my defenses stronger and my offences sharper..

hey! i not trying 2 get on anyone bad side but u got 2 give da people da translated da movie some created...i mean yeah it suck but it's not so bad and yes sometime they total mess it up but aleast they tried and who ever said u had 2 watch it? u dont have to watch it, and beside i think da those movie that are translated r for hmong to enjoy not criticizes...if u can do a better job den do it! i have watched tons of movie and yeah some suck but they aleast did it so da people who dont understand it can actually understand...sorri if i offended anyone

I took no offense here. Actually, i see your side of the problem, and i've always seen that side of the problem.. But i think none of your side is seeing our side. and Just to let you know, EVERYTHING YOU DO WILL BE CRITICIZED!! That's why Hmong people care SOOOOO much about their reputaions!! OK!

And about the people who cant understand the movies in a different language.. THERE ARE ENGLISH SUBS THAT COME WITH THE DVD, if you are smart enough to buy the correct package.. And, if you want to see it so much, but you can't read english [OGs] Why don't you want to LEARN THE LANGUAGE?? You're not old enough to learn, YOU're JUST TOO LAZY!! Meaning, You shouldn't be watching it.

Yeah,, I want to Learn Japanese and Korean.. Actually learned a little Japanese and Chinese..

[know a little Korean] --- i happen to know a few languages myself.

Are they still seriously making money off of you guys still??

And I really don't want to say this, but can you use correct grammar next time??

So I don't have think think about what you were trying to type, so that I can spend more

time trying to understand what you said!! [NOTICE: I am not trying to bash on you]

OK... Don't worry.. This thread won't get closed, because we are all just stating our opinions and not bashing on each other.. So i will continue to post here with my PERSONAL OPINIONS!! If you have a problem, you can feel free to PM me..

Alright.. I am glad that you stated that you don't think people like me, who don't like hmong dubbed movies and etc., are haters. I respect that, if you really meant it.

If you haven't noticed, a FORUM is MADE UP of OPINIONS. good or bad they are all opinions, AND, isn't your post an OPINION too?? And this is the THREAD FOR DISCUSSING the topic at hand. HMONG MOVIES.. And the SUB-TOPIC at the moment is DUBBED MOVIES, if you like it or you hate it. Like it or not, i don't think anyone will follow your idea about not posting anymore OPINIONS... They will come in here and post OPINIONS about more Hmong Movies.. ETC... <GOMEN>

Bleh.. too tired of typing... that's it for now..

Archived