[drama 2008] When It's At Night 밤이면 밤마다

Guest kdramafanusa

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest forever_will_be_me

frm

yea i had download the vlc yesterday and it work for ep 5 for me so i guess i ok now

thanks for helping me, you guys. i really appreciate it.

Guest *alodia*

Don't you just love Chief Kang on EP13 at 05:24? When he said "Kim sonsaengnim do, kureso?"

Argh!!! I sooooo love him when he delivered that line...

Guest kdramafanusa

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this was posted here by anyone yet.

English subbed DVD set from PMP (Malaysia)

Night After Night [4-Disc Set]

AKA: When It's At Night

Plot: A story about a single woman in her late thirties and an art scholar with a roving eye for young nubile girls who try to recover a national treasure.

Overview: A story about a single woman in her late thirties and an art scholar with a roving eye for young nubile girls who try to recover a national treasure. Professional tomb raiders who can tell apart a Goryeo celadon from a white celadon by just smelling the dirt surrounding them and a detective who can tell what kind of criminals they're dealing with by just surveying the remains of a looted tomb... There are others such as the inspectors who dedicate themselves to catching tomb raiders out of patriotism and an art expert who uses high-tech gadgets and his extensive knowledge to spot fakes... These people are involved in cases surrounding cultural heritages and the ups and downs of their lives unfold in this drama with exciting episodes. The leading male character is an art expert who detects forgeries and restores original art pieces who doesn't get along with the leading female character who is an inspector working for the Cultural Heritage Administration of Korea but they work together to solve the case of stolen cultural heritage pieces and they find love along the way. Watching their bizarre dating ritual, people will feel sorry for them and at the same time vicariously feel a flutter in their hearts.

Cast: Kim Sun-Ah || Lee Dong-Gun || Lee Joo-Hyun || Kim Jung-Hwa || Ki Joo-Bong || Kim Seung-Wook || Kim Joon-Ho || Jo Hee-Bong || Kim Yong-Gun || Park Ki-Woong || Kim Hyung Bum || Choi Joo-Bong || Kim Gab-Soo || Lee Young-Hoo

Languages: Korean (Dolby Digital 2.0 - Stereo) / Mandarin (Dolby Digital 2.0 - Stereo)

Subtitles: ENGLISH, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Bahasa (Malaysian)

Distributor: PMP Entertainment [A Malaysia-Based Distributor]

Rating: UN - "Unrated. This film has not been rated by the review board."

Features: Full Screen / Stereo / Episodes 1-17 (End)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6743/1234788219ub3.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7563/1234788220fx1.jpg

DVDAsian.com is selling this set for US$49.95; HKFlix (another online store) tends to be a little bit cheaper, but I don't see this title on their site yet.

HKFlix is selling this set for $26.95

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.550058/qx/details.htm

Guest *alodia*

^ thanks for the info dear!

$26.95 - not bad (considering I got my MNIKSS from Yesasia at $70+)

I don't usually buy DVDs of dramas (unless it Kim Sun Ah's), anyone tried buying PMP's releases?

How's the subs?

I came across a couple of WIAN episodes (from a friend who got the copy from a video rental shop - the 21 episode version) with really decent English subs. Understandable. Grammar and spellings were perfect. But not religiously following the translations. I mean, no meaning was lost. It's the same. But it has its own style of 'writing' the subs. But it's really good. I just preferred a more close translation.

I wonder if they will release a US version in the future... I pretty much enjoyed the subs of my MNIKSS DVD (some things i hate though is loosing the Korean terms like unnie, noona, aigoo, omo and changing some Korean sayings to english idioms. :lol: )

I would like to see Star hub's version as well but somehow people outside Singapore can't download the VODs...

I hope this PMP version have a preview.... $26... $26... hmmm.... :unsure: (would cost me $54 with shipping)

EDIT: checked the site and MNIKSS is still selling at $44.95 - 3 years older but still almost twice the price of WIAN. ^_^

Thanks everyone who had helped me.

Today I managed to watch episodes 11 and

12 from mysoju. Lovely subs from Bon. Thanks

alodia and the rest of the team. I really enjoyed

that. Am looking forward to watching the rest

of WIAN.

Guest ilikeldg

Thanks everyone who had helped me.

Today I managed to watch episodes 11 and

12 from mysoju. Lovely subs from Bon. Thanks

alodia and the rest of the team. I really enjoyed

that. Am looking forward to watching the rest

of WIAN.

Thank you to whoever is repairing WIAN at mysoju.Now I am enjoying WIAN once again.

Thank You and am also looking forward to the rest of the series.My never ending Thanks to Alodia and the rest of the BON Funsub

team...You guys are awesome......... :D

Guest simoneaw

Hi I'm new to this show just finished watching it and now I'm trying to read all the entries and comments on this show here.

I still don't understand why koreans didn't support this show more.. maybe because of the misleading synopsis and genre the drama was given so it seemed a little disappointing as it's more of a suspense/thriller drama than romance.

Anyway I still can't get over the kiss in episode 11! I wonder if it's just me?

Personally I'm not a big fan of too much tongue action or head movements in kissing scenes [like A Love To Kill and Goong] as it would make the whole scene look too lustful, not passionate.

Sigh if only there were more scenes of LDG and KSA together. I liked how when they broke away from the kiss his eyes were closed longer than hers and he had this lingering feel when he moved his hand away from her face. And only after seeing a slow motion version on youtube did I notice that they were still kissing in the far shot of them, could see KSA's chin moving. Won't actors usually just pretend to be kissing in such far shots? *suspicious*

They are both single now right?

Guest *alodia*

Hi simoneaw!

I had fun reading your post! :blush:

And no, it's not just you. Who can't get over that kiss? No one from this thread i guess (and definitely no one from KSA fans as well).

When i was doing the subs for that episode I have to repeat that scene over and over even if there is no dialogues on that scene anyway. :lol:

As much as i don't want to compare on-screen kisses, I must say KSA is one of the best kissers among korean actresses (if not the best). Not because i am a big fan... i can say this even if i would disregard the fact that i'm a ksa fan. I'm very particular with on-screen kisses. I don't know. It pisses me off if it's not staged well.

Anyway... Her kisses with Hyun Bin on MNIKSS were so good as well (though i feel her kiss with LDG looks better because this time it was well lighted). Her kisses years ago with Gong Yoo was so hot and loving as well. I think the only kissing scene of Suna that i don't like that much was from her 1998 drama :lol: (w/c is forgivable because i think it was her first screen kiss - at the same time, for a first timer i think it's passable - because i can see some kissing scenes of veteran actresses were still like that up to know :sweatingbullets: )

And of course, credit goes to LDG as well, whose as excellent as her. (and who appears to be so engrossed with the kiss :lol: )

Hey, if you can't get enough of the kiss, I would suggest you watch this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2nknOYuMVQ

It was a bad take because our Suna laughed, but just look at the clueless LDG that doesn't seem to want to let go of KSA's face. And yes, feel free to curse that stupid heart! Many fans have already cursed it. If only curses can rip it off the screen.

oh, and watch this MV too if you are not too busy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUGzuSpb2o

the ending is the kiss and the music fits just right. was made by one of our fellow bambamer mzpakipot.

(such a shame! i just saw this MV now)

And yes, they are both single right now... but too bad it appears that they don't have any interest with each other... *sigh* such a pity!

-i have too much wian on my system again. since we are finishing the last few episodes. that i dreamt about cho hee and bum sang already married and about to have a child. we really need to finish subbing WIAN, it is starting to drive me nuts!

---> woah! you're trying to read from page one. i wish to back read too. i have been on every page of this thread until errr.. the press conference. i got too overwhelmed with the official website, and the pres con pictures and videos and the start of the subbing... i only go on the last page... was able to keep up after the drama ended but still haven't got the time to back read. still planning to do that.

Glad to know that more and more people are loving this drama. Thanks everyone!

Guest *alodia*

Trying to finish my task on ep15...

was reading the script while checking the subs, i found out that on th script cho-hee was supposed to stumble / fall down (the stairs perhaps) while trying to stop gyoon (when gyoon went home not expecting that cho hee will be back early from work). wonder how it would look like if they followed the script... glad they didn't though. the scene was well staged as it is anyway.

Hi Yunmi!

Nice to see you drop by here.

That's too bad... but yeah, WIAN has been licensed since November 23rd last year. They licensed it because they released the original DVD, but heck! No English subs. So streaming videos are being hunted down by MBC since then. I'm still waiting patiently for YA Entertainment to release it with English subs (at least make the licensing worth it).

WIAN is also my first subbing job (aside from a few short Kim Sun Ah videos here and there). As you know, I'm not really a subber, just a mere Kim Sun Ah fan. So i joined BON to help them out for this project. I remember it took me more than 24hrs to finish timing the first episode. But later on I get used to it and I can finish a timing job fast enough.

Due to some circumstances I ended up doing Final QCs and even attempted to translate an episode once. And my Korean improved tremendously as well. Retention is better than the lessons in my class nor my books. I was surprised that when I watch some other korean drama / shows or if I listen to korean music, I can comprehend a few phrases/sentences here and there.

We're still trying our best to finish it... (my eyes are swollen because I just started EP13 - sniff sniff :tears: ) I'm thankful to everyone's support.

Yeah, we may "compete" over another series again - but that will only happen if it's Kim Sun Ah's.

But on the other hand, I think it would be better if we can work together next time.

Don't you have plans anymore of finishing WIAN at viikii at least little by little?

What drama are you planning to do next?

As what i've told you before, I would love to do Hangeul subs for MNIKSS, probably at viikii so Korean fans of KSA can help out as well, however there's also the licensing issue since MNIKSS has been licensed long time ago. So I have long dismissed that idea.

Well, see you around here at soompi or at viikii.

-alodia

I've been playing in and out of Love Shuffle on Viikii. I'm waiting for Full House II so I might work on that one a bit too. Since I know Japanese, Korean and English I work along those lines. My Hangeul is still sloppy, but I'd like to have Korean subs on Drama Fever and on fan shows more often for the people who want to learn or double check translations... be useful...

wian06nc9.jpg

Look at your own vids, it's at EP6, timestamp 9:50ish.

It's just a very very small part of the video. A split-second? A second? It's right before the transition to the next scene.

Wonder why she needs to run? Was it Cho Hee running? Or is it already Suna running thinking that she is not seen on the camera anymore? And why does she have to run like that? Anyway, it's so cute... I wish it was even longer. Left me laughing all alone at this hour.... :lol:

lol, I just took a look at it.

It's very funny :))

she always makes me laugh :D

Guest forever_will_be_me

sorry if posted...

plzzzz anyone tell me where I can watch this drama drama...tks so muchhhhh

you could watch it online at mysoju but i recommend downloading it since the quality is much better

anyone here who knows where to dl the subs of this?

you could download it here

http://bonchu.net46.net/when-its-at-night/

Archived