• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fabulousjewel

THIS DRAMA WAS SO FUN TO WATCH

It wasn't the typical plot

it was really interesting to watch.

its must watch

A fried recommended it to me but i was putting it off but i was bored one day and i watched the whole drama in two days.

Guest sjasmine

I just finished watching and I think Yj will end up with GP - even though it was an open ending. When she spoke to GP after she asked to change departments..she admitted that they both have 'deep' feelings for each other but didn't know exactly what they were and if they stayed together these 'feelings' would affect their efforts in protecting the protectee and they both wouldn't want this to happen..She said she still had much to learn and experience in being a bodyguard...but she also said that she didn't want to take TOO much time in doing that..I felt by this comment that she was saying that she and GP could not afford themselves the opportunity to understand their 'feelings' due to their work and positions but after she has done what she needs to then they would have an opportunity to 'work' out their feelings towards each other...and I think the ending represents this...

and with Sh, i think he will end up with YM..after she told him that she really does like him i think that part of his impressions of her changed, that she wasnt as cold hearted as he thought she was...and when YM spoke to YJ about SH, YJ told her to accept SH as he is if she really cares for him and not to try to mould him into someone she wants him to be..I think this was a subtle gesture that YM will change within her self and become someone SH can warm to and open his heart to...and I think after hearing YJ and GP talk to each other (as mentioned above) he too understood that YJ does have feelings for GP..and part of the reason why he entered the competition was in part so he could spend extra time with YJ but also he knew that it would mean GP would be able to spend more time with YJ aswell...

Guest aegeansea01

I love "사랑이야" by Yeon Woo a lot, really would like to know the meaning of the song. Is there anyone who can post the translation of this song, or give me a hint where can I have the translation, please.......... :tears:

Guest ovette

so glad to be back.. i missed the discussion in this thread.. i missed Chae Rim the most.. of course!

it's good to know people are liking this drama even with its open ending. i think it was most fitting what the writer did.

This scene was filmed in the garden of La Vie D’or, a golf resort hotel near Suwon City, south of Seoul.
hey thank you for this info.. i wanna go there someday LOL.i wanna go wherever CR goes :P
What the song as the OP of this drama. But then Ha Dong Kyung song as the track title? I like both songs.
the opening song is 지켜줄게 (Feat. Henry) - Lee Shin Sung. Ha Dong Kyung's song is track 3.

DL from the navigation post here. http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...t&p=8882371

I rewatched the last episode and hey, the ending is NOT open ended. After Chae Rim was shot, her heart actually stopped beating in the operation room (note the change in the tune/tone of the heart pace machine). Next, ChaeRim was shown in dream-like state going off somewhere (as when a person just dies). However, she then met the group of family members, bodyguard colleagues and SuHo IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. She "came back" because of them AND SuHo's letter which said that they still had a lot of time together, and which ended with "I LOVE YOU". Also, in the last few minutes of the series, Chae Rim's reflections in the hospital grounds with her father ended with .."And.." followed by Suho in the car telling his daughter that he would propose to a girl in 3 years. So this is the ending: SuHo is giving ChaeRim 3 years to further her career AND they will end up together 3 years or more later. Realistic.

Highly recommended series.

i like your analysis. i can really see your point. but i still find it hard to accept since i have been a CR-GP rooter from the start. YJ never showed an obvious sign of whom she really liked. she truly cared for both of them. that was, at different peaks of their lives. so until now im still clueless.. aakk.
can someone please explain the ending?

i finished it yesterday.

and i fully understand korean.

but the thing is.

after that dream at the hospital...

she's back alive as a president's bodyguard.

and then after suho and the little kid is in the car.

why did it go back to chaerim being in a wheelchair same scene as in her dream?

so, at the end, is she the bodyguard? or is she in a wheelchair?

yes she got back as a bodyguard. she received some recognition from the president since she took a bullet for SuHo. there was no real indication of the duration of time passed, but it was definitely years after. the wheelchair scene was a flashback of YJ and her dad's conversation when she was still confined. she told him how she dreamt of seeing all of them waving back at her. since she was shot, she had to stay there for a few days to fully recover.
i was soooooo touched too watching the scene between Kot Nim & Gwan Pil.. sob! hankies out!! :tears:
yeah that was definitely a touching scene. i cried buckets too. their bond was too emotional to take.

Guest ovette

i started to watch this by downloading. im on the 6th episode now and i like it! im just wondering how come this drama has a low tv rate in Korea?

and can you imagine, i read all the post starting from page 1 till here??? my gosh! it took me 3 days to finish reading. :D but i enjoyed reading it anyway. im just curious with the ending. but i'll definitely finish watching this!

it was given that the ratings would be low since it competed with Yi San which already had 30% in the running. there were high hopes though since CR was named queen of high-rated dramas. she said it was just a consolation. she did her best in the drama so her fans would appreciate it and it was enough.. it was to me. the mere fact that i get see her back on my TV screen truly made me happy :P

Guest mtp1nk

Ow..

So the rating of the film was low due to competition w/ Yi Shan.

I was so confused w/ my friend told me because I think a film about a bodyguard wasn't a reason why the film had a low rating.

However, I like this drama so much.

Since I watch this drama w/ improper sub, I sometimes could't understand the scene.

But reading whay you all wrote, I assume that YJ is ended up w/ GP and he would wait her for 3 years?

I expect YJ w/ SH actually. I just love his persuassion to YJ so that they could be a pair...

Guest ovette

^

no one really knows whom she ended up with. it was open ended and only the audience could conclude what happened with the 3 from the events that took place.

like if your a YJ-GP shipper, you would think they would be together after a few years. GP was also reminded of YJ when he saw Cha Song Joo and he thought it was sweet.

if your a YJ-SH shipper, you would want to believe that the girl SH was planning to marry after 3 years was YJ.. :P

Guest mtp1nk

some people say, open ending drama will become a driver to make a sequel..

If there is a sequel of this drama, do you all agree?

Guest cheesecake

My Opinion:

I hope that there will be a sequel to this. Korean Dramas rarely make sequels. Anyway, I like it if Suho ended up with YJ instead. Since she was the reason that he comes back to his old self; He lost the girl he love long time ago; he deserves to have happiness in his life once again. I mean, he have a daughter but his daughter loves GP since he was the one who raise her.

I don't like YM for him, she's so arrogant! She really have too much attitude; Plus, she's not even pretty enough compare to YJ. I hated her especially when she was acting very arrogantly to YJ. I mean come on, not all rich and famous or well-to-do persons are like that. It's a good thing that SH bluntly told her that, if it wasn't for both of their father's social status they are just nobody. That was a big slap on her face, since she really couldn't take the insult, she slapped SH instead. She's lucky enough that SH didn't hit her back. SH is different from her, he's simply down to earth and social status differences doesn't matter to him; What's important is he loves the person.

As for GP and YJ it's okay though, since he actually sacrifice a lot of his happiness already because of SH. Although some of it are based on his own choice. I think that It will be fair enough if he could end up also with YJ and it will be nice for her daughter to have a mother.

But I read somewhere that there might be a sequel for this drama. I hope they will also show it within this year, if there is one. Because most sequels are shown either early next year or after few months the year after. Waiting for a sequel of it is kind a exciting.

Guest ovette

i was rewatching EP16 in KBSW and i wanted to correct myself. it was A YEAR LATER scenario..

laaa im still crying buckets now, im gonna miss them...

as for a sequel.. i dont think it would be suitable. the drama has nowhere to go.. what happens next after YJ ends with either SH or GP? it might even be at a slower pace.

Guest smoon4ever

another Chaerim's series ending that I like :) she was great in this series, and did a perfect job, wishing she can have movies like this in the future

Guest lucky_moon

Can someone tell me what happened at the final Ep exactly the last 30 minutes of the drama.. I missed it becuase of the shut down of the electricity :( just the major things..

Guest Kawaii-chan

i just watched the first 2 episodes of this drama and it's soo interesting!!! I LOVE the interaction between Chae Rim and Lee Jong Hyuk!! Their chemistry is amazing!! I can't wait to watch more!!

oh yea, and i watched their interview with Entertainment Relay...Lee Jong Hyuk is hilarious! His humor is so funny!

Guest atalamarche10

Does anyone know what the song that they always dance to is???? :(

it's in english..tango-ish music

it's not on the sountrack either....

Guest imogene_af

Does anyone know what the song that they always dance to is???? :(

it's in english..tango-ish music

it's not on the sountrack either....

I Need to Know by Marc Anthony. :)

Guest mtp1nk

wow...

I cannot imagine if there is a sequel to this drama...

Cannot wait....

But of corse, I hope SH ends up with YJ

Guest heesun

I rewatched the last episode and hey, the ending is NOT open ended. After Chae Rim was shot, her heart actually stopped beating in the operation room (note the change in the tune/tone of the heart pace machine). Next, ChaeRim was shown in dream-like state going off somewhere (as when a person just dies). However, she then met the group of family members, bodyguard colleagues and SuHo IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. She "came back" because of them AND SuHo's letter which said that they still had a lot of time together, and which ended with "I LOVE YOU". Also, in the last few minutes of the series, Chae Rim's reflections in the hospital grounds with her father ended with .."And.." followed by Suho in the car telling his daughter that he would propose to a girl in 3 years. So this is the ending: SuHo is giving ChaeRim 3 years to further her career AND they will end up together 3 years or more later. Realistic.

Highly recommended series.

So totally agree with you on all points, beside if we follow the romantic scenes, all are between YJ and SH..... they dated (sort of) at the noodle house... SH kissing YJ in the garden...SH asking YJ to stay and hold him until he fall asleep in which YJ ends up staying until morning.... scenes where SH hugging YJ in the rain and in the office where YJ waiting for the verdict by her superiors.

I just wish the writers have fast forward the story 3 -4 years after and not only 1 year later. In that way maybe the story wouldn't have an open ending. :D:lol:

It's a pity the series has low ratings in korea, such a funny and romatic series by Chae Rim and company. I definitely will recommend this series to a lot of my friends. :):)

Guest mtp1nk

I was very curious though, was the old korean drama that competed with PO was very good?

Coz I believe that this drama is so great and how come Korean didn;t watch this drama?