How Late Do Your Parents Let You Stay Out?

Guest michikocolatte

My parents let me stay out as long as I want to. I'm eighteen now, so I don't have a curfew. Mostly though I usually come home at a reasonable time, like around midnight or one.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AS1AND0LL

My parents use to care but now I'm a college student, living at home (I commute) and they don't care as long as I come home in one piece, not pregnant, drunk, or smelling like drugs - which I don't do. So they're okay with whatever time I come home.. at first I came home around 3 am, I thought they would yell at me cause I went upstairs and my parents opened the door and they were just like, "Oh you're home? Ok" LOL got me scared for a moment.

Guest bbkaren

My mom would nag all the time, until she goes to sleep.

That was before, but now she's used to it. Hehe.

Sometimes, when it's already too late she let's me sleep over at my friend's house. Haha.

But I usually go home 2-3AM.

Guest missavvy

i live on my own for school now in another city, soo yeah.. no curfew.

BUT back in the day, when i lived @ home, lets say when i was like.. 15 or so, i would be allowed to stay out till like midnight, and pushing it, later.. i think the latest i came home one night was 2am.

as the months went on, i kept staying out later and later, so that eventually i didnt really have a curfew. :) whoot.

so if u wanna do it that way, it worked for me haha.

just go out, and come home later and later. all parents want is to see some responsibiltiy, to know you arent screwing around when ur out that late!

by the time i was 17 i was pretty much free to stay out all night w/o my mom yelling at me!

ALSO i didnt have a cell phone which may have helped in a way... but i would call to check in sometimes if it was really late, but eventually i didn't need to anymore as she got use to it.

just be responsible when you're out having fun!

Guest melissa-in-nowhere-particular

Well, my parents used to be SO strict with me it was INSANE, possibly because I am an only child. They used to not even let me go down my road without them on guard.

But I started rebelling and they had no choice but to let me do what I wanted, so it went from when I was 13 to being allowed out until 11, and now I'm 15 and I get to come back when I want.

There were times when I was 13 and never came home, and my parents never really said anything. Sometimes when the police turned up on their door step with me all drunk and sleepy, then they'll get all aggressive with me going out, so sometimes even now they can have mood swings and not even let me go out for a few days.

But don't do what I did. It's totally out of order. You should just gain trust in your parents and talk to them if you want to be let out for just a tad longer :)

usually i just say "hey mom, i'm going out, 'k?" then she answers "ok, but don't stay too long"

so, basically, she doesn't say anything. i go home when i want, they just have to know where i am. my parents don't even wait for me to get home, they go to bed all calmly. once i went home at 5 am.. :D i heard my dad getting up before i fell asleep lol

welll it depend on ur age right ?

for me....well back in 15..i already can go out till ...12 ...so ...--" yayy..

lol talk to them .tell ur step father to pick u up ...when school over or practice over

it like a school thing--" ...so ..it should be ok ...

Guest vixen___xoxo-

homg, some parents are really so strict, but look at the bright side, maybe they're really worried and care a lot about you X) well mine is as strict, just so as long as they know exactly what time i'm leaving the house and what time i'm coming back and also how i'm coming back home, and who i'm going out with lol. Yeah it's a bit complicated but thats how i deal with staying out with my friends keke.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FireMonkey

My curfew is sunset unless I'm with a friend who has a car. Then, my curfew's 9-ish. Oh, and unless it's some special event like a dance or a school event. But normally, it's sunset/before dinner, whichever is earlier. And I'm 17 and a senior in high school. -__-

Archived