Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest michikocolatte

How Late Do Your Parents Let You Stay Out?

Guest michikocolatte

strict parents and curfews -_- ...
How long do your parents let you stay out??

Because me... I am only allowed to be out at 7PM the latest (it's 5:30PM during winter :wacko: ).

AND I AM SOOO MAD!

Tomorrow, badminton practice is at 7:30PM-9:30PM since there is a basketball game at the gym, but my stepdad won't let me go because "IT ISN'T RIGHT."

UGH!!!!!! 85BY789O4!!!!! >:o I have so much fun at practice! Plus, shouldn't they be letting me go anyway? Because after all, doing so would enforce the value of commitment.

Also, I don't even see why they aren't letting me go. I once had weekend classes at the jr. college from 6PM-9PM. They let me go to those, but not this? :fury:

AAAH. I hate this. They have always taken a conservative approach towards raising me. Usually, I don't mind because things always work out for me... but GEEZ... I think this is one of those moments when they've crossed the boundary between conservative and UNREASONABLY STUPID.

Edit: I'm 16... turning 17 in May <_<

Guest すみ☆

Whoa. O.o how old are you?

I suppose they won't let you go not so much because "it isn't right," maybe it's because it's not a required thing that'd benefit you educationally. .__.

In middle school, my curfew was at 5.

I'm 17 now and I don't have a curfew, as long as I'm with my boyfriend and/or my girl friends.

If I'm with people my dad hasn't met/heard of before, my curfew is before midnight.

Guest gd-ise.

it really depends

if it's on weekdays,

they're like "go home as soon as you get out of school and do your hwk"

if it's weekends

depends on their mood o__o.

if they're happy, i can stay out until 10:30, but ususally around 9:30 =]

and if it's summer, i can stay out longer

but winter, blehh

Guest monchichi

Maybe they heard stories from other parents about their children lying to stay out late after school... like 'I'm going to study at a friend's house' when it's really 'I'm going to see a movie with my boyfriend'.

Just go with the flow... there's nothing much you can do about it and thinking about it, and getting mad about it will make it worse for you. When you're over 21, they'll want you out of the house rather than inside.

---

For example, when I was a teenager, I wasn't allowed out AT ALL. Not even during the school holidays when I had nothing to do during the afternoons. From time to time, I'd be allowed out but that would be once every two months or so.

Sometimes, they would even lock the front and back doors of the house and take the keys with them so I wouldn't be able to sneak out (I only had the keys to the front security door to our house at the time).

My parents, at the time, were extremely and unreasonably strict.

BUT, when I reached my 20s they relaxed and just let me do whatever. Now, my mum begs me to go out every saturday night (to meet potential bachelors) but I'm just too lazy LOL

i dont have a curfew. i just have to tell them ahead of time where im going and around what time i would be back, and as long as they dont have to pick me up then they dont really care. i just cant sleep over at other peoples houses

Guest wakaka*

I`m 17 now

my parents are pretty chill with me staying out late.. given that i call them ahead of time to let them know where i am and if i`m even coming home. for weekdays it`s usually not past 12:00am (there are exceptions tho).. as for weekends, anytime.. but they prefer before 3-4am

Guest hishari

When I was 16, my parents didnt even let me go out past 7.

Going out with someone my parents never met before was a definite no.

I was so sad =/

But after I turned 17, my parents gradually became more and more lenient, and now I can go out and come home whenever. I just have to update them if its past midnight or w/e

btw, my birthday is in May too :)

from birth till 12 = 6:00

from 12 till 17 = 8:00

from 18+ = whenever whenever

Guest aznsweetie143

.___.

whoa, i thought my parents were strict

i'm 13 and my curfew is 11.

just follow the rules, and if they see you're responsible, they'll extend your curfew.

you could also ask your teacher to call and talk to your parents. :D

I'm almost 18 and my curfew is 5 :ph34r: sad.. I know =(

idk maybe do something that'll make them proud of you and then use that as a leeway to get them to let you go to practice. if it's a school function, why wouldn't they let you? or maybe have your coach or w/e write a note telling them if it's truth if they're doubting that it's really practice.

Guest BU_RP

.___.

whoa, i thought my parents were strict

i'm 13 and my curfew is 11.

just follow the rules, and if they see you're responsible, they'll extend your curfew.

you could also ask your teacher to call and talk to your parents. :D

daanng your curfew is at 11?

im 16 in 2 weeks and i can only stay out til like 8-9 pm LOL.

before it gets dark =_= that's on random days when i go out.

but if it's a party or anything, i can stay out until whenever, as long as i'm home before 12AM, pref. between 9-10PM.

i swear when i get my license i'll be out til later <3

Guest lime_shadow

My mother is crazy.. hardly ever lets me go out. She's the stereotypical, traditional, and sexist (against women) Chinese mother.

My daddy is way cooler. But he's kinda inconsistent. Some days I have to be home before it's dark, other nights he lets me come home after 10.. or stay out the whole night (if I tell him before hand).

Guest xiaochingu.

hm, maybe its because i havent done anything to lose my parent's trust

but i don't really have a curfew as long as i don't stay out overnight and if my parents know

the people i am with and where i am at.....and i'm 14 right now

Guest akira53

They don't really care. I'm 18 so they never really give me a time to come home...my mom just tells me to come home "early" which is usually around 11 on school days.

Guest SUPERSTAR*

wait until you go to college!

Guest connz_lin

the only curfew i really have is 11. and thats because i'm not 18 yet :/

and thats because i'm technically not allowed to drive during the hours of 11-5.

but that'll change in two months. >:] because i'm not bound by the law to be at home at 11.

my parents are usually whatever about it, as long as they know where i'm at. (=

Guest Faded Aura

Let's see... I'm 18... Living in school... Uh... Curfew... 10:00 (mom), 10:30 (dad)... o___o;;... Yeah, tell me about it...

EDIT:

oh and since I live in school.. curfew is enforced by phone calls...

Guest yongwonhi

uhh, i'm not quite sure if i have a curfew. my parents don't really ask i'm doing either... haha. i'm happy my parents trust-ish me :) but if it's getting late they'll call me and ask me when i'm coming home... or i'll tell them around what time. although i usually come home before 11 or 12

but your parents are pretty extreme... tell them to like, send you and pick you up so that they know what you're doing? o_o

UGH! I know too! My parents are like that, even with my sister and she's 16. They never let me stay out until 8 unless it takes really long and I'm with people they trust. I know they'll never change until I move out, so whatever.